Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Impending Marriage

Rate this topic

jaiart

• Advanced Member

I am a Shia revert set to marry a nonmuslim woman in a few months, we unfortunately will have a long distance(well about 700 miles) marriage for a few years. I make a very good living that will require a drastic pay cut if I relocate to her area and she is taking a job that will require periodic travel but brings a promotion and raise. I suppose it would be better if I married a local muslimah and living in the Dearborn vicinity it may not be impossible but this woman in my raison d'etre....After Allah of course.

• Advanced Member

I am a Shia revert set to marry a nonmuslim woman in a few months, we unfortunately will have a long distance(well about 700 miles) marriage for a few years. I make a very good living that will require a drastic pay cut if I relocate to her area and she is taking a job that will require periodic travel but brings a promotion and raise. I suppose it would be better if I married a local muslimah and living in the Dearborn vicinity it may not be impossible but this woman in my raison d'etre....After Allah of course.

Bismillahirrahmanirraheem:

Salamun 'alaykum w/r w/b:

You do know that according to Ayatullah Syed Sistani you cannot engage in permanent marriage with Ahlul Kitab right?

I do not know what other marja's say but you might want to get confirmation from your marja's representative before you go ahead with it.

Wassalam w/r w/b:

La fatah ila Ali

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Bismillahirrahmanirraheem:

Salamun 'alaykum w/r w/b:

You do know that according to Ayatullah Syed Sistani you cannot engage in permanent marriage with Ahlul Kitab right?

I do not know what other marja's say but you might want to get confirmation from your marja's representative before you go ahead with it.

Wassalam w/r w/b:

La fatah ila Ali

I am aware of that but I am also aware that a mutah can be for twenty years or more or even the life of the married partners. Unless I am mistaken. Not trying to get around the point just using the option I have available.

• Advanced Member

Mmmm what's the issue?

I am aware of that but I am also aware that a mutah can be for twenty years or more or even the life of the married partners. Unless I am mistaken. Not trying to get around the point just using the option I have available.

Yes you're right about that.