Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
MohammedA

Similarities Between Jews And Muslims.

Rate this topic

I'm trying to comprise a list of similarities between Jews and Muslims. Contribute if you wish :blush:

1. Jerusalem is a Holy City
  2. Stress good works over faith.
  3. Descendents of Abraham(as)
  4. Males are circumcised according to Abrahamic law
  5. Important prayer days (Saturday for Jews, Friday for Muslims)
  6. Woman required to cover hair and wear modest clothing.

Edited by MohammedA

Salamu alaykum, you could also include, similar dietary requirments, also that males are recommended to have beards, also there are specific prayers at specific times every day (and the timings of these are very similar, the have a prayer at dawn, the afternoon, and dusk) They have an all encompassing set of religious laws and guidelines for their whole lives, the have a religious judicial system, they believe in judgement day, they believe in one god, and in prophets (the same as the ones us Muslims believe in, all the way until they reject Isa (as) and Muhammad (sawas) and they believe in angels. They believe in similar rules to do the with behaviour between un-related (in our terms na-mahram) men and women (e.g. no shaking hands etc) As well they have fasting on some of their holy days, and another similarity is emphasis on learning how to recite their holy book in it's original language (i.e. hebrew)They also have a similar system to taqlid, in that respected scholars amongst themselves try to interpret scripture, and these interpretations are written down for laymen to follow and for other scholars to take notice of and to consider when coming to their own interpretation. Most of these similarities are between Orthodox Judaism and Islam.

Salams and du'as inshallah

they believe in one god

Honestly, I think this is the biggest one. Judaism has always recognized Islam as a monotheistic religion, without the complications of Christianity such as the Trinity ("well, it's one G-d, but also three ... not exactly three different gods, but One G-d in three parts ... it's just hard to explain") or statues ("well, we may kneel down in front of statues and offer prayers before them, but they're DEFINITELY not idols...").

All these good things by the noun "bani israel" etc refer to the truthful, honest people like the exalted rabbis of neturei karta, such as Rabbis Dovid Weiss and Israel Domb and their pious followers whose videos you can see on youtube, and the former, I consider a sincere friend.

For the other side people should go to these very gentleman (ie Rabbis) and listen to what they say on youtube about the zionists ... and i am afraid the things wont improve among them according to their trajectory and according to the divine predictions.

I agree with the similiraties enumerated above between Islam and Judaism of the Rabis...the only main difference is the rejection of Judaism of Prophet Isa and Prophet Muhammad. That is a very big difference. They will know only the truth if Prophet Isa and Imam Mahdi will come again in the future to preach the truth before the End of Dys will come.

On 1/4/2011 at 7:51 AM, MohammedA said:

I'm trying to comprise a list of similarities between Jews and Muslims. Contribute if you wish :blush:

1. Jerusalem is a Holy City
  2. Stress good works over faith.
  3. Descendents of Abraham(as)
  4. Males are circumcised according to Abrahamic law
  5. Important prayer days (Saturday for Jews, Friday for Muslims)
  6. Woman required to cover hair and wear modest clothing.

We have so much in common :verryhappy:

Jewish school teaching pupils 'women's only role is to clean and cook' in north London, Ofsted says

If we focused more on our commonalities and less on our differences, the world would be a better place.

To me, Orthodox Christianity and Shi'i Islam are very similar but Jews have nothing in common with Muslims or Christians. They despise our prophet Jesus and don't believe in his message. 

Muslims and Christians also have the same beliefs even in the new testament up until Jesus Christ. Jews share none of that. Also Talmudic Judaism is becoming very mainstream for cultural Jews which in itself is an evil book. A majority of Jewish teachings came after Christianity as well. 

Edited by roya1b100d

Jews are the enemies of Islam and enemies of Muslims. 

Jews follow Talmud. Talmud teaches hatred against non-jews. Talmud encourages usury, cheating against non jews.