Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ShahabJafri

All Brothers In Jeddah

As salaam o alaikum

I'm getting posted to Jeddah and hopefully will be reaching next month. On the Wikipedia I was delighted to read there is a minority of Shiites living in Jeddah. It'd be gracious if the people can help me about general geography (like Shia mosques and prayer centers ) and living conditions. All the other people in my branch are Ahle Sunnat and they travel to Makkah every friday for Jummah prayers. Could you please help me regarding these details ?

Thanks a lot. :)

better not to show you are a shia in saudi arabia these days , much better for you , dont lie if asked frankly but dont go speaking out and loud about it , i dont think there is any shia mosque in Jedda , the only city that is allowed to have shia mosques is Qatif

dont xpect saudi shia to speak to you or to show even they are shia , you wouldnt know them , shia from eastern province though would go more open since they are known to be shia to start with unlike the nes of Jeddah

Jazakallah sister .. I reached Jeddah yesterday and found the place to be quite nice frankly .. I was a bit worried about the books I was carrying with me (some of them had ziyarat and like) .. Nevertheless, there was no security issues at Jeddah airport and I was not questioned about anything at all ... Anyway .. will be joining office from saturday ... Most people that I met today were Indians / Pakistani or Bangladeshi ... didnt feel much out of place .. Hoping the same will continue ..

Allah Hafiz

Jazakallah sister .. I reached Jeddah yesterday and found the place to be quite nice frankly .. I was a bit worried about the books I was carrying with me (some of them had ziyarat and like) .. Nevertheless, there was no security issues at Jeddah airport and I was not questioned about anything at all ... Anyway .. will be joining office from saturday ... Most people that I met today were Indians / Pakistani or Bangladeshi ... didnt feel much out of place .. Hoping the same will continue ..

Allah Hafiz

mashAllah.. thats good bro...

by now u must have joined office. just dont show your faith too much i shud say... do taqayya kinda.. but as the other person said dont try to hide ur faith as they will certainly belv somethings wrong with u thats why u hiding it. I wud suggest pray with them in jamat as its something of common in KSA that every office has a jamat of its own i think.. so pray with them but do niyat of nawafila :P taht way u will also be able to pray nawafila or if u follow khaminie just pray faradah. just dont tell them :P or else try not to pray with them if you have the option. Stay awy from bengalis especially they arent very sincere ppl in saudi arabia . cos of your faith and all try not to trust every person u meet esp in Saudi arabia, u never know the other person be friending u is an undercover police... Ok i am just scaring you :P well may be i am but just b careful ur faith isnt very liked there.

In gulf the rules are different, ur say doesnt count as anything, dont try to be involved in police cases, saudi has more rights and more say, just recently i saw a pic of a abused maid who was abused like real bad by her owner and she had to stay in the hospital for a like months YET the owner just got out a month back after three months saying it was not her fault. I mean cmm'on how did the maid put her self in this position. well the owner got out just cos she was a saudi woman.. SO i wud suggest : know your place and everything will be ok. It aint a bad place to live and work for some time.

if u r lucky u will probably find some place where they have majalis there, I dont know much if there are any in Jeddah though. best of luck.

We are a big office with small staff right now .. Most of which consist of non muslim people so there are no jamaats as such .. Some more staff will join us soon which will include Saudi people so then it might be of something to be of concern .. Anyways ..Allah will help ..

I observed Ahle Sunnat jamaat offering Salaat once I got stuck in a bank during salaat time .. They dont perform Kunoot and some of them closed their hands during rakaat and opened them afterwards .. .. Mostly I am concerned with Juma namaaz .. Hopefully I'll be going to Makkah for them ..

I also believe its a good place to work .. Most Saudis just eat sleep and pray .. If you try to do something extra ordinary then you'll be noticed .. I dont have any such plans .. Insha Allah everything will be good ..

Thanks a lot for listening .. It really means something to talk to someone when your close ones are so far .. best of luck to you too :)

salams bro...

well... are u religious.??? usually shia dont really pray behind the sunnis and well the juma in makkah!! well usually they dont pray i know its kinda sad that we cant pray juma in haram but thats how it is i guess. u shud goto their mosques and learn how they pray uknow so that u dont make any mistakes if you are in their jamaat.. who knows maybe you even like their religion :P

Salaam bro,

are u new to saudi arabia? if yes, then u need to go low profile, and there are many shias(indian/paki/arab) out there in jeddah but are underground,

Riyadh is the place I reside and believe me, its really suffocating for shias...

@gothic: you are right, many sunni people coming to saudi are becoming extremist wahabis, lol...meswak in their pocket, pants above their ankles....and long beard thts looks shabby....

and u r absolutely right abt bengali, infact, u dont need to b afraid of saudi, but bengali, u should be afraid of him... :)

I have found a true bengali shia, (not from west bengal), he knws good urdu and recites poems and nauhas well...