Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

[Closed/Review]Sayed Ammar's Lectures Banned By Ahlulbayt Tv!

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

OK we are making some progress. You now seem to agree that it is privately owned. Regardless of ownership they are entitled to fund the channel by a variety of methods. They can use donations, subscriptions, advertising and so on.

If you hate their editorial policy so much that you don't want to make any contribution, that is your decision. No one is holding a gun to your head.

I don't know how *close* to Sayed Ammar some of the posters here are, but this very public laundry washing does him no favours in my opinion. And I hope for his sake that he does not know about this campaign and if he does he has asked you to stop.

:!!!: public laundry and ABTV is the thread

Edited by Sibby
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(bismillah) (salam) First of all, there is no official statement as of yet, only hearsay. [Mod Note: The word Nakshawani is no longer available at that website:] According to the

(salam) A close source told me that, Sayed Ammar lectures are banned from Ahlulbayt TV, because in some of his lectures, he talks good about Ayatollah Khomeini and Hezbollah. This is not fitna, a clos

Brothers and Sisters (salam) When will we understand that ABTV has strong Shirazi leanings. Like not slightly Shirazi leanings but heavily influenced. Sayed Mahdi and his father Sayed Hadi are not o

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Haji 2003 turning a blind eye to what is an absurd decision and trying to defend it? It is not the speaker, it is about the principle.

As far as I can see, there are no principles breached here, unless you can show me where and how.

The Ahlul Bayt TV station can put whatever programming they wish. They can also air/decline whatever ads they wish. Don’t tell me that we are going to have lengthy ShiaChat discussion each time the AhlulBayt TV decide to air something or decline to air something. They can run the TV station as they deemed fit. They know best what they are doing and the best way to serve their audiences.

You can either support the TV station by watching it or through donations or you don’t.

Sayyed Ammar is not going to suffer if his videos are not air by the channel. He is already famous and I believe that he will continue doing well for himself.

• Forum Administrators

Haji 2003 turning a blind eye to what is an absurd decision and trying to defend it? It is not the speaker, it is about the principle.

Er No. I was not defending it and neither was I attacking it. I was the one sticking to the principle that a private TV channel can do whatever it likes.

You and some other Nakshwani supporters, on the other hand, appear to be willing to denigrate all sorts of Shia personalities (who have absolutely nothing to do with this) in your attempts to big him up.

As I said before your attempts are a very poor reflection on him, if he has any cognisance of this thread and if he does, I would have thought that that would be a very good reason to keep him off air, for good.

• Advanced Member

Er No. I was not defending it and neither was I attacking it. I was the one sticking to the principle that a private TV channel can do whatever it likes.

You and some other Nakshwani supporters, on the other hand, appear to be willing to denigrate all sorts of Shia personalities (who have absolutely nothing to do with this) in your attempts to big him up.

As I said before your attempts are a very poor reflection on him, if he has any cognisance of this thread and if he does, I would have thought that that would be a very good reason to keep him off air, for good.

denigrate? ask yourself about how abtv denigrates scholars like Sheikh Hamza and Sheikh Usama and Sheikh Arif by not showing their lectures.

Dont stress, he is already on three other channels.

• Advanced Member

With all due respect to Sheikhs Hamza, Usama, and Arif, these people have very weak presentation skills compared to Sayed Ammar. Unlike Sayed Ammar, these Sheikhs' lectures are extremely boring and make the viewers drowsy. If Ahlul Bayt broadcast their lectures, they would lose their entire audience.

• Veteran Member

However the biggest issue that has been put forth by Sayed Modaressi himself is his lectures which praised some of the views of Dr. Ali Shariati, who Sayed Modaressi considers to be a heretic.

What is Sayyed Modarresi's basis for this belief?

• Veteran Member

Haji has a point,

why do people give $$$$ to a station run as a single person enterprise, and then complain? Don't give money to the station, end of matter. If people like to give $$$ to this station, just be aware that you are giving $$$ to a single person, and the he makes all decisions, and that this station is not a community enterprise, and thus not accountable to the community.

OTOH - the community and individuals within the community does have the right to bring issues to the forefront, and complain, and explain the basis of their complaint of any religious enterprise - even if it is "private" and an individual enterprise.

• Advanced Member

Interesting to see the many theories before it came to the real news. The Quran clearly says to avoid suspicion, as some poster pointed earlier.

Nakshawani is a brand name to Shias, he wont be banned for long. Otherwise, I tell you ABTV will lose support.

• Forum Administrators

Nakshawani is a brand name to Shias, he wont be banned for long. Otherwise, I tell you ABTV will lose support.

Well that's part of the problem IMHO.

Once people start to see themselves as "brand names", they think they are Pepsi trying to get one over on Wal-Mart in order to secure a distribution channel. In this case for their views.

• Veteran Member

(salam)

You make a fair point, however they keep saying things like "this is your channel" because we give money to keep it alive.

Last year at their Gala Dinner, they made it abundantly clear to us sitting there that we have a right to give input because it is run on our money.

So what if they said this is "your" channel? That's just a fundraising ploy, fundraisers say all kinds of things to raise funds, ultimately it is the responsibility of the donors to investigate if this is really "your" channel - or just "i take your money and make all the decisions" --- in fact, legally speaking - they don't owe u anything, unless u signed a contract with them... besides if they just said you have the right to give "input" well, u are giving your input. BUT u have no right to make any decisions - the decision is made by the owner of the enterprise.

Now, if u think they are not delivering the goods u think u were promised, don't donate anymore.

Of-course, any Islamically based enterprise (assuming this is one, and not just another NGO type beholden only to UK ('western') laws) - does have an obligation to the community, weather they are fulfilling this obligation is also a matter that is for the community to decide. And if the community decides that this organization is not fulfilling their religious obligations, well - don't donate, and they will just go away - and folks can always start something new that would be more accountable.

Well that's part of the problem IMHO.

Once people start to see themselves as "brand names", they think they are Pepsi trying to get one over on Wal-Mart in order to secure a distribution channel. In this case for their views.

Obviously this individual (that i'm not familiar with, btw) has quite a bit of a following, or people interested in hearing him... However, if the channel is geared towards not presenting specific views, that is something that the community should become aware about. So that people can then decide if they want to donate to that organization or not. This is why I don't consider this thread (as a whole) to be "fitna" ... however, some posts on this thread can be so categorized. One cannot say, investigate before donating, or don't donate if u don't want to, if information that would help make such a decision is not being made available, or is being censored. It is much better to be clear about these issues in public - especially with regards to orgs. that claim religious affiliations.

The channel should come out with a statement about what they allow, what they don't allow - their criteria for speakers , and, most importantly, who makes the decisions.

• Advanced Member

So what if they said this is "your" channel? That's just a fundraising ploy, fundraisers say all kinds of things to raise funds, ultimately it is the responsibility of the donors to investigate if this is really "your" channel - or just "i take your money and make all the decisions" --- in fact, legally speaking - they don't owe u anything, unless u signed a contract with them... besides if they just said you have the right to give "input" well, u are giving your input. BUT u have no right to make any decisions - the decision is made by the owner of the enterprise.

Now, if u think they are not delivering the goods u think u were promised, don't donate anymore.

Of-course, any Islamically based enterprise (assuming this is one, and not just another NGO type beholden only to UK ('western') laws) - does have an obligation to the community, weather they are fulfilling this obligation is also a matter that is for the community to decide. And if the community decides that this organization is not fulfilling their religious obligations, well - don't donate, and they will just go away - and folks can always start something new that would be more accountable.

Thanks for the crash course in Business and Legal Studies.

• Advanced Member

He was made a face for fund-raising purposes (Gala dinner being a clear example) and they have now dropped him. Spare us the mealy mouthed justifications about 'They have the right to run it how they like'. He hasn't lied per se as far as I can see, but has hardly been stellar with the ethics he has employed.

Let's cut the facetiousness.

As for this thread, I don't see how it can be Sayed Nakshawani's fault that it started, or a justification to keep him off air 'for good' as someone has mentioned.

Ahlulbayt TV is a service and a compliment to all those who work hard on it every day. Sayed Ammar is also the leading speaker in the English language.

AlhamdulAllah many sunnis have accepted Islam due to both Sayed Nakshawani and the channel, and who knows how many christians and other people so let's hope they can combine again to bring Islam to the world.

• Veteran Member

He was made a face for fund-raising purposes (Gala dinner being a clear example) and they have now dropped him. Spare us the mealy mouthed justifications about 'They have the right to run it how they like'. He hasn't lied per se as far as I can see, but has hardly been stellar with the ethics he has employed.

As per US laws: (don't know UK laws)

Does the station have a board? Or is it a sole proprietorship? Is it a registered NGO? (non-profit, in the US) ... If it is registered as a non-profit, then there is a board that oversees the executive director. If this is a sole proprietorship then the owner makes all final decisions - and frankly - I think no one should donate to such an establishment, because then it is a for profit business - and donating to a for profit business is a bit strange, to say the least.

If this channel is a non-profit, the board can and should be held accountable by the community - and there are plenty of ways of doing so... request to go to a board meeting, write to the board members - explaining ur point of view - and make it clear that u will hold back donations in the future. (if u know who the board members are... list 'em here, and ask members to e-mail / call 'em)

I'm not defending the actions of the station (I am not familiar with the person who was banned) - my interest is that organizations claiming to be Islamic organizations do have an obligation to the community - however, at the same time - the community needs to be aware of the limitations when they give donations to such organizations... i.e. they need to investigate the nature of the organization before giving donations, and understand the limitations of "input" ....

When I consider any org. for donations, first thing I do is check their board members (that has to be public in the US) and I research their backgrounds ... google is really a good tool to do that... and so are public records that are available pretty cheap these days online...

• Advanced Member

Seems like a very weak reason to get rid of someone, especially in view of all the support Sayed Ammar has given the channel.

The irony of this issue is that sayed ammar at the gala dinner in london compared the channel to Masjid Nabawi in terms of the media centre of the community and then in the toronto recording said that we have to support the abtv because it will help spread the word to non muslims and now this. Very very sad. Clear case of using and abusing him :wacko:

worse still, when you call the channel, they now say we will write it on the board of things we must look into :unsure:

Edited by Sibby
  • Advanced Member

As per US laws: (don't know UK laws)

Does the station have a board? Or is it a sole proprietorship? Is it a registered NGO? (non-profit, in the US) ... If it is registered as a non-profit, then there is a board that oversees the executive director. If this is a sole proprietorship then the owner makes all final decisions - and frankly - I think no one should donate to such an establishment, because then it is a for profit business - and donating to a for profit business is a bit strange, to say the least.

If this channel is a non-profit, the board can and should be held accountable by the community - and there are plenty of ways of doing so... request to go to a board meeting, write to the board members - explaining ur point of view - and make it clear that u will hold back donations in the future. (if u know who the board members are... list 'em here, and ask members to e-mail / call 'em)

I'm not defending the actions of the station (I am not familiar with the person who was banned) - my interest is that organizations claiming to be Islamic organizations do have an obligation to the community - however, at the same time - the community needs to be aware of the limitations when they give donations to such organizations... i.e. they need to investigate the nature of the organization before giving donations, and understand the limitations of "input" ....

When I consider any org. for donations, first thing I do is check their board members (that has to be public in the US) and I research their backgrounds ... google is really a good tool to do that... and so are public records that are available pretty cheap these days online...

The problem is that with religious organisations there is already a level of trust that people will have. Which is why people become disappointed when that trust is abused.

• Veteran Member

^

given the nature of the world we live in these days... personally, I think people should not have this level of (blind) trust in any org. Islamic or not .... if they are not transparent, and not community based, but instead operates like a one man business... then speaking only for myself, I would not trust, or donate to such an org. (that's about it for my five cents worth on this thread).

• Moderators

(bismillah)

(salam)

I can't understand the fuss to be honest. He's one dude out of many, insight, knowledge and eloquence don't begin and end with him. So what if he has gone? There'll be plenty of others.

I think we should avoid making personality cults out of relatively young and impressionable speakers, who may get ideas above their station as a result.

ABTV is privately owned and run. Everyone needs to understand that. I have met their senior management. Last year I donated US$7,000+ to the station, I did it on the understanding that editorial decisions are theirs and theirs alone to make.

No channel can ever be 100% to our liking.

I wasn't going to continue posting in this thread because I didn't feel I had much more to contribute, but I'd just like to say that Brother Haji makes at least two very good points here.

1. Personality cults: It's bad enough to have a divisive "fan club culture" based on our religious leaders (something they are strongly against), but even worse when this extends to mere students/speakers. Without a doubt, I respect Syed Ammar for his contribution and I think he speaks very well, alhamdulillah, but personality cults are very dangerous. The core focus must always be on the Qur'an and the AhlulBayt. The role of the speakers is to act as the means, not the ends.

2. "No channel can ever be 100% to our liking": I would like to extend this beyond channels and to all religious organizations. If we want to progress collectively, as a community, we will HAVE to learn how to prioritize. The message of Allah (swt) presented in the Qur'an, and through the Prophet (pbuh) and his holy progeny (as), is what brings us together. As long as we focus on this and prioritize it, we can progress, inshallah. We won't agree on everything, but as long as people remain respectful and tolerant of the secondary differences, there is a lot that can be achieved and EVERYONE can play their part.

Let's not fall into the trap of being arrogant with our donations. We aren't "buying shares" in religious organizations. If our aim is really to help promote the message, then we'll have to learn how to give selflessly rather than to have conditional donations that "buy us a slot" to have our say.

Finally, I would like to emphasize that these points are general, and not specific to the issue on hand. If a speaker has been censored for unreasonable motives, then the sensible approach is to directly contact the responsible people, as some of you have suggested, and to discuss the issue with him. God willing, this issue will be resolved quickly and efficiently.

• Advanced Member

as Salamu alaikum,

I got to be honest, I stopped reading after page 4, because it has just gotten too much.

Please read these quotes of the Holy book ( I am sorry, different translations are used) carefully and take your time to think and ponder about them!

Quran 3:103 And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers.
Quran 3:105 And do not be like the ones who became divided and differed after the clear proofs had come to them. And those will have a great punishment.
Quran 4:88 Why should ye be divided into two parties about the Hypocrites? Allah hath upset them for their (evil) deeds. Would ye guide those whom Allah hath thrown out of the Way? For those whom Allah hath thrown out of the Way, never shalt thou find the Way.
Quran 6:159 Indeed, those who have divided their religion and become sects - you, [O Muhammad], are not [associated] with them in anything. Their affair is only
to Allah ; then He will inform them about what they used to do.
Quran 23:53 But the people divided their religion among them into sects - each faction, in what it has, rejoicing.
Quran 30:32 [Or] of those who have divided their religion and become sects, every faction rejoicing in what it has.
Quran 42:13 [Muhammad], and what We enjoined upon Abraham and Moses and Jesus - to establish the religion and not be divided therein. Difficult for those who associate others with Allah is that to which you invite them. Allah chooses ...
Quran 42:14 And they did not become divided until after knowledge had come to them - out of jealous animosity between themselves. And if not for a word that preceded from your Lord [postponing the penalty] until a specified time, ...
Quran 59:14 ... fight you (even) together, except in fortified townships, or from behind walls. Strong is their fighting (spirit) amongst themselves: thou wouldst think they were united, but their hearts are divided: that is because they are a people devoid of wisdom.
Quran 98:4 Nor did those who were given the Scripture become divided until after there had come to them clear evidence.

I want to take an extract of one of the above quotes to highlight it once again:

Strong is their fighting (spirit) amongst themselves: thou wouldst think they were united, but their hearts are divided: that is because they are a people devoid of wisdom.

Now let me tell you what your problem is and what the correct remedy is!

The Problem is:

Quran 2:101 And when a messenger from Allah came to them confirming that which was with them, a party of those who had been given the Scripture threw the Scripture of Allah behind their backs as if they did not know [what it contained].
Quran 3:187 ... it clear to the people and not conceal it." But they threw it away behind their backs and exchanged it for a small price. And wretched is that which they purchased.
Quran 5:63 Why do not the rabbis and the priests forbid their evil-speaking and their devouring of illicit gain? Verily evil is their handiwork.
Quran 9:9 They have taken a small price for the communications of Allah, so they turn away from His way; surely evil is it that they do.
Quran 9:31 They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah: there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He)
Quran 9:34 O ye who believe! there are indeed many among the priests and anchorites, who in Falsehood devour the substance of men and hinder (them) from the way of Allah. And there are those who bury gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah: announce ...
Quran 9:37 ... year to correspond to the number made unlawful by Allah and [thus] make lawful what Allah has made unlawful. Made pleasing to them is the evil of their deeds; and Allah does not guide the disbelieving people.

The remedy is:

There is only one Shariah, there are not legal opinions in Islam, this is wrong!

Men can't make up his own rulings!

You all have done taqlid to a mujdahid, you all follow those who make the halal to haram and the haram to halal (more likely the haram to halal as opposed to the opposite).

There is no Ijtihad in Islam!

We've got Quran and Ahl ul Bayt (as), thats enough, I don't need Mujdahids who change the religion of Allah!

This is why the Muslims are divided, because everybody follows their own desires, that obviously creates disunity, since you've got over a billion different desires!

Why don't you do what you claim you do and follow the teachings of the A'Imma (as)? Ijtihad is clearly unlawful in the school of Ahl ul Bayt!

99% of Muslims have thrown the book of Allah behind their backs and followed their donkeys who carry books on their backs, collecting the dung they drop from time to time.

What are you? Muslims or Ahl ul Kitab?

I don't want to offend you guys, I just want to wake you up to reality!

Th truth hurts, but it is and stays the truth and will prevail over all falsehood!

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Let's cut the facetiousness.

As for this thread, I don't see how it can be Sayed Nakshawani's fault that it started, or a justification to keep him off air 'for good' as someone has mentioned.

Ahlulbayt TV is a service and a compliment to all those who work hard on it every day. Sayed Ammar is also the leading speaker in the English language.

AlhamdulAllah many sunnis have accepted Islam due to both Sayed Nakshawani and the channel, and who knows how many christians and other people so let's hope they can combine again to bring Islam to the world.

Remember that the TV station may have thousands of donors and advertisers. You can’t have thousands of people interfering with day-to-day operation. What if tomorrow a few thousands individuals (donors) comes along and demand the TV station to put their favorite speakers on TV?

You need to look at this legally. Is there any contracts being breached or laws being broken? If they are no contracts or laws being broken, then there is no issue here.

Donating to an organization (charity or non) doesn’t give you the right to interfere, unless you are a member of the board that runs the organization.

The channel say this is the lecture which Sayed Modaressi is unhappy with, because of the Sayed Ammars praise of Shariati.

I was there when he gave this lecture. I find it hard to believe that Dr. Ali Shariati is being demonized for not having a beard... and so are those who are inspired by him.

Edited by Legio Invicta
  • Advanced Member

let me offer my opinions not this issue:

first of all we should not make accusations. its sad to see some people are ready to jump and attack at every chance they are given. think of your principles. instead we should contact sayed mahdi or the channel directly and ask them this question. it seems the same people who attack them are the same people who listen to their lectures and gain knowledge from them.

sibbly and slave of abbas, who told you this information and that this is the reason for banning him from the channel?

both sayed mahdi and sayed ammar are respectable teachers who many of us have learnt a lot from. please do not insult them by saying they are young speakers. they are serving the religion and have a lot of knowledge to share, they can be teenagers for all i care, if they are doing good then we should not insult them. both speakers have delivered hundreds of lectures which are there for us to benefit from. and many people have been guided to the right path due to them, so we should pray for both of them to continue in their mission.

i fear these people starting and debating in this thread are the same people who created a uproar regarding quds day and sayed qazawani issue. when we see people steeping so low to the extent of attacking individuals such as sayed mahdi and others going further in attacking his wife and zahra al-alawi and the sayeds mother. making shiachat topics, Facebook groups, blogs and insulting individuals on the net and victimising their wife's simply because of the men they are married to is unacceptable and unfair on them as they are individuals who should be treated as individuals and from that day these people dropped in my eyes. i fear this is what we are going to see if this continues in this topic. you are all already attacking sayed mahdi without any proof, is this what shia are? why don't you all contact sayed mahdi personally and ask him and i am sure he will give you a reason. if you see a mistake from anyone you contact them directly not tell the whole world about it.

it seems sayed ammar has a lot of fans out there and he has given a lot to this religion and has spread a lot of knowledge to the public but i just hope you all go down the right roots and contact the person in charge rather then bashing people in public.

can someone who has contacts with the people of the channel explain to me how this accusation came about? I do not understand how this accusation was reached? please explain so i and everyone else understands the situation. Was it from reliable sources?

• Advanced Member

let me offer my opinions not this issue:

first of all we should not make accusations. its sad to see some people are ready to jump and attack at every chance they are given. think of your principles. instead we should contact sayed mahdi or the channel directly and ask them this question. it seems the same people who attack them are the same people who listen to their lectures and gain knowledge from them.

sibbly and slave of abbas, who told you this information and that this is the reason for banning him from the channel?

both sayed mahdi and sayed ammar are respectable teachers who many of us have learnt a lot from. please do not insult them by saying they are young speakers. they are serving the religion and have a lot of knowledge to share, they can be teenagers for all i care, if they are doing good then we should not insult them. both speakers have delivered hundreds of lectures which are there for us to benefit from. and many people have been guided to the right path due to them, so we should pray for both of them to continue in their mission.

i fear these people starting and debating in this thread are the same people who created a uproar regarding quds day and sayed qazawani issue. when we see people steeping so low to the extent of attacking individuals such as sayed mahdi and others going further in attacking his wife and zahra al-alawi and the sayeds mother. making shiachat topics, Facebook groups, blogs and insulting individuals on the net and victimising their wife's simply because of the men they are married to is unacceptable and unfair on them as they are individuals who should be treated as individuals and from that day these people dropped in my eyes. i fear this is what we are going to see if this continues in this topic. you are all already attacking sayed mahdi without any proof, is this what shia are? why don't you all contact sayed mahdi personally and ask him and i am sure he will give you a reason. if you see a mistake from anyone you contact them directly not tell the whole world about it.

it seems sayed ammar has a lot of fans out there and he has given a lot to this religion and has spread a lot of knowledge to the public but i just hope you all go down the right roots and contact the person in charge rather then bashing people in public.

can someone who has contacts with the people of the channel explain to me how this accusation came about? I do not understand how this accusation was reached? please explain so i and everyone else understands the situation. Was it from reliable sources?

shall i repeat again, phoned the channel, and they confirmed. instead of writing the long message, why do you not phone the channel and get their answer. They say it is true that because of difference of opinion between sayed M and sayed A on Dr Shariati, they will not be showing sayed A's lectures. This has nothing to do with gaza or anything else.

so please do not tell me about accusation. i at the very least endeavoured to phone the channel. why do you not do the same

Edited by Sibby
  • Advanced Member

shall i repeat again, phoned the channel, and they confirmed. instead of writing the long message, why do you not phone the channel and get their answer. They say it is true that because of difference of opinion between sayed M and sayed A on Dr Shariati, they will not be showing sayed A's lectures. This has nothing to do with gaza or anything else.

so please do not tell me about accusation. i at the very least endeavoured to phone the channel. why do you not do the same

I live in Canada im not going to phone the uk to ask a silly question like this, besides it does not bother me if this is true or not but clearly it bothers you and other people who are loyal fans of sayed amamr. i have seen how you and your crew have behaved in the past with your cheap attacks on individuals and the channel so i am not going to join the party.

i do not know who works in the channel or who you spoke to but i find it hard to believe someone will tell you what you have said. you will have to speak to the directors or someone connected to the directing line to know the real reasons. a admin or someone answering the calls at the office who may have no connections to the directing line is not reliable.

• Advanced Member

I live in Canada im not going to phone the uk to ask a silly question like this, besides it does not bother me if this is true or not but clearly it bothers you and other people who are loyal fans of sayed amamr. i have seen how you and your crew have behaved in the past with your cheap attacks on individuals and the channel so i am not going to join the party.

i do not know who works in the channel or who you spoke to but i find it hard to believe someone will tell you what you have said. you will have to speak to the directors or someone connected to the directing line to know the real reasons. a admin or someone answering the calls at the office who may have no connections to the directing line is not reliable.

admin not reliable :wacko:

does not bother you if it is true. thank you. that is all.

• Advanced Member

admin not reliable :wacko:

does not bother you if it is true. thank you. that is all.

yes admin receptions are not reliable, their job is to answer calls, do they know what is going on at the top? what decisions are made? for what reasons decisions have been made? go into any company, the admin receptions are the ones who answer calls. you want a serious answer and a reliable answer why don't you go contact the directer, sayed mahdi or someone who is reliable! have your party like you had it for quds day and sayed hussein.

it does not bother me because if i want to watch sayed ammar i can listen to his lectures on the internet.

sayed mahdi has been one of the biggest influential people and when he came to canada for the gala dinner i had the pleasure of meeting him and i will not allow people to bash him in public. certainly not sayed mahdi or anyone related to him.

don't get me wrong sayed ammar is a powerful speaker and one of the biggest influential people and this ban if its true should not happen to a great speaker like him but lets not attack one sayed for another. the last time i checked both sayeds are friends so i am sure they can sort it out between themselves.

• Basic Members

The irony of this issue is that sayed ammar at the gala dinner in london compared the channel to Masjid Nabawi in terms of the media centre of the community and then in the toronto recording said that we have to support the abtv because it will help spread the word to non muslims and now this. Very very sad. Clear case of using and abusing him :wacko:

worse still, when you call the channel, they now say we will write it on the board of things we must look into :unsure:

Sick! Never knew his lectures for these events were available online!!! Your iPod must have magical powers :)

• Advanced Member

yes admin receptions are not reliable, their job is to answer calls, do they know what is going on at the top? what decisions are made? for what reasons decisions have been made? go into any company, the admin receptions are the ones who answer calls. you want a serious answer and a reliable answer why don't you go contact the directer, sayed mahdi or someone who is reliable! have your party like you had it for quds day and sayed hussein.

it does not bother me because if i want to watch sayed ammar i can listen to his lectures on the internet.

sayed mahdi has been one of the biggest influential people and when he came to canada for the gala dinner i had the pleasure of meeting him and i will not allow people to bash him in public. certainly not sayed mahdi or anyone related to him.

don't get me wrong sayed ammar is a powerful speaker and one of the biggest influential people and this ban if its true should not happen to a great speaker like him but lets not attack one sayed for another. the last time i checked both sayeds are friends so i am sure they can sort it out between themselves.

first you say it does not bother me, then you say it should not happen to a great speaker like him?

secondly, please do not mix issues. ABTV were not responsible for quds day problems, and sayed live comments its not their fault as it was a live show.

This issue is separate and confirmed by directors.

Sick! Never knew his lectures for these events were available online!!! Your iPod must have magical powers :)

benefits of watching abtv

• Advanced Member

first you say it does not bother me, then you say it should not happen to a great speaker like him?

secondly, please do not mix issues. ABTV were not responsible for quds day problems, and sayed live comments its not their fault as it was a live show.

This issue is separate and confirmed by directors.

benefits of watching abtv

i said the situation does not bother me because living in canada i still haven't been able to get the channel on my dish so i only watch the channel on the internet in my spare time. so if i want to listen to a lecture of sayed ammar i will listen to it on the internet. so thats why it does not bother me.

otherwise the channel is one of the best channels available to us for english religious programmes so a ban on another great speaker like sayed ammar should not happen. why should we shia have conflict within ourselves. i saw all morals disappear when i previously saw the names of honourable women relatives being introduced and cheap attacks being thrown so i am really sick of all this. i know you say this is separate issue but i just hope its not the same people behind it.

for the sake and benefit of the community i will email the channel now and ask about what is going on about sayed amamr. this sort of thing should not happen and neither should individual attacks in public.