Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Hasan110

Meditation > Namaz

Rate this topic

How are you supposed to connect with God while making all those useless physical movements and reciting some words? Try completely relaxing mind and body. See where that gets you. Hopefully past the illusion of duality. :wacko:

How are you supposed to connect with God while making all those useless physical movements and reciting some words? Try completely relaxing mind and body. See where that gets you. Hopefully past the illusion of duality. :wacko:

Prayer without substance is like reading a book without understanding, there is so much more to it than you are suggesting.

You obviously don't understand the philosophy of prayer and the significance of each action.

There is a reason for prostration, a reason for raising your hands - everything has a wisdom behind it.

So please don't go insulting the main pillar of Islam.

Edited by Replicant

Salaah is a form of meditation.

How can you call the physical motions of prayer "useless?" If that's the case, then why not contemplate about God while playing basketball, or while working the cash register at work?

Obviously, some physical movements are more conducive to contemplating about God than others. So you cannot write off the physical movements of salaah as meaningless.

You say "Try completely relaxing mind and body," as if that's not what we're supposed to do during salaat.

Anyway I don't know why we are bothering to respond. You're clearly just trying to stir the pot.

Um prayer is meditation on a much higher level...

Meditation is just emptying your mind,

Prayer is miraaj ul moomin

If you haven't felt how wonderful prayer can make you feel, then you are not trying hard enough.

Prayer let's you know your faults, and helps you realize how much harder you need to work to get hubb ad dunya out of your heart.

And the movements are definatley NOT meaningless, perhaps you should read the ahadith concerning this, you will learn alot.

You should perhaps read this book in order to better understand the philosophy behind prayer.

Thank you so much for kindly sharing the link.

I have just one more request :

A single pdf of the book for download (I could not find one on the site) ,

but not just a crude pdf from html website,

but a little professionally made with care so that it induces the reader to read with love and care.

Please let me know if someone can do this so that I set aside a time to read this book with care and plan for it.

Thanks again in advance and Jazak Allah for the good service.

(bismillah)

Salaah is the mi`raaj of the believer. No ma'rifa doesn't get you there, though.

Also, tafakur (contemplation) on God is also something taught by Islam.

Simply because you do not experience the clarity of Allah (swt) in your salaah, doesn't mean others, like the Ahlulbayt (as), don't.

They lived their lives as one `ibadat. Inside and Outside of Salaah, they were the same.

(salam)

You only deny meditation because it is not consistent with the religion you were raised to believe in. It is the closest connection with God, and therefore the closest connection to everything. Astral projection, remote viewing, telepathy, clairvoyance, omniscience, etc.

Prophet Muhammad used to meditate, why can't all of you?

Edited by Hasan110

(salam)

(bismillah)

How are you supposed to connect with God while making all those useless physical movements and reciting some words?

What do you mean "useless physical movements"?! And what do you mean "reciting some words"?! The Qur'aan is the kalaam (speech) of Allaah, it isn't some Shakespearian play. Choose your words wisely, before belittling one of the greatest acts of worship. Just because you haven't experienced khushoo` in your salaah, doesn't mean it is okay for you to belittle it.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri

You only deny meditation because it is not consistent with the religion you were raised to believe in. It is the closest connection with God, and therefore the closest connection to everything. Astral projection, remote viewing, telepathy, clairvoyance, omniscience, etc.

Prophet Muhammad used to meditate, why can't all of you?

No one is saying you can't meditate.

But prayer is the foundation of faith and you're belittling it without understanding it.

It breaks peace to the heart.

Movements only serve as distractions. Same with the words.

Sit still and completely relax. Just relax.

Nonsense claim

Its like a hippie saying Sitting and relaxing is no good you have to smoke a joint to feel sprituality Thats ridiculus. Youtube ayatollah behjat prayer and tell me he is not at the peak of sprituality

Nonsense claim

Its like a hippie saying Sitting and relaxing is no good you have to smoke a joint to feel sprituality Thats ridiculus. Youtube ayatollah behjat prayer and tell me he is not at the peak of sprituality

And all of you have replied with the ego. Thank you. :)

There is no significance. Meditation brings you much closer to God.

Movements only serve as distractions. Same with the words.Sit still and completely relax. Just relax.

People have seen God in deep meditative states. Not so much deep namaz states. Y'know, because there's no such thing.

You only deny meditation because it is not consistent with the religion you were raised to believe in. It is the closest connection with God, and therefore the closest connection to everything. Astral projection, remote viewing, telepathy, clairvoyance, omniscience, etc.Prophet Muhammad used to meditate, why can't all of you?

Well, first of I am assuming that your a Muslim...

Stop introducing into the religion. I GUARANTEE you are not qualified or knowledgeable enough to interpret the Qur'an. Stop interpreting things based on your own *Desires*.

Furthermore...Everyday, with Al-fatihah you ask Allah (Swt) to Put you on the straight/right path. Everything you need to Know about how to get yourself on the right path has been revealed in the Qur'an and has been explained by the Holy Prophet himself. There is nothing left to "discover" in relativity of getting yourself closer to Allah (Swt) via an action. He has told us exactly what gets us closer to him and what to do or say. The other path(s) is/are the path(s) of BID'AH or innovation and the Prophet called those people who introduce or willfully follow that path(s) "The Dogs of Hell fire" not even just people of hell....but the dogs of hell.

Last but not least, what is the definition of Islam? It is submission completely and utterly to the will of Allah (swt).....not just to the parts that "you feel" are right or that "you agree" with or that suit your "desires"

I don't know about "Meditation" and if the Prophet use to meditate or not. But even if he did...that would be included as Sunnah of the religion, not a Fard which are obligatory and decreed by Allah(Swt). Prayer and it's actions are one of the things which Allah(swt) has made Fard and ordered the Holy Prophet to do and teach to the people. Yes, that bowing your head and making it touch the ground is indeed prescribed by Allah (Swt). The Prophet Himself use to pray and tell people to pray MUCH more then he ever told them to "meditate". I actually do not even know of a single insistence in where the Prophet told anyone to "meditate". However, even if there is such a hadith, the times and instances that the Prophet spoke about prayer, told people to pray and told the people of the benefits/importance of prayer and its parts (sajood etc) is literally dictionaries worth.

Whoever you are following (if anyone) that tells you that ANYTHING (even dua, fasting, giving zakkat, going to Haj etc) can constitute for or replace or compensate for prayer is a liar who is openly calling Allah (swt) And Muhammad (pbuh) liar(s) (astafurllah)

People need to stop interpreting things on there own desires or whims or to fit there own agenda.

There is NO such thing as a new Islam and an old Islam. There is ONLY 1 Islam.

If you are not doing things the way the Prophet Instructed people to do things then your Wrong. It's that simple.

And as clear as this sounds to the people of truth.......as difficult and complex as it sounds to the people of false hood, the people of whims and desires.

Its really that simple.

Edited by Glow

There is no right or wrong. You will never see beyond that.

No, there is a wrong. Allah (Swt) clearly tells us that there are wrong paths.

But I doubt your even Muslim anyways. Your the same guy that thinks "White Means Right" and that white people are the best because of the British empire :lol:

And YOU come here to tell say that "There is no right and Wrong" :lol:

Verily Allah is completely correct when he speaks about people like you, the hypocrites.

Edited by Glow

Movements only serve as distractions. Same with the words.

Sit still and completely relax. Just relax.

Every words and actions in Namaz has meanings. Doing relaxation, I don't get the same feel. Namaz starts when your walk to take ablution, wear clean cloths, read the duas, prepare to stand up on the sajdah, read azan, iqamah and then your leave the world when the word "Allah akbar" comes out... A person is entering a different world all together. Finally your end the process by reading ziarah after namaz.

Namaz is like having a GPS..your will get a direction and instruction on what to do next in your daily life while your driving "your life" on the physical world.

Layman

Well, first of I am assuming that your a Muslim...

Stop introducing into the religion. I GUARANTEE you are not qualified or knowledgeable enough to interpret the Qur'an. Stop interpreting things based on your own *Desires*.

Furthermore...Everyday, with Al-fatihah you ask Allah (Swt) to Put you on the straight/right path. Everything you need to Know about how to get yourself on the right path has been revealed in the Qur'an and has been explained by the Holy Prophet himself. There is nothing left to "discover" in relativity of getting yourself closer to Allah (Swt) via an action. He has told us exactly what gets us closer to him and what to do or say. The other path(s) is/are the path(s) of BID'AH or innovation and the Prophet called those people who introduce or willfully follow that path(s) "The Dogs of Hell fire" not even just people of hell....but the dogs of hell.

Last but not least, what is the definition of Islam? It is submission completely and utterly to the will of Allah (swt).....not just to the parts that "you feel" are right or that "you agree" with or that suit your "desires"

I don't know about "Meditation" and if the Prophet use to meditate or not. But even if he did...that would be included as Sunnah of the religion, not a Fard which are obligatory and decreed by Allah(Swt). Prayer and it's actions are one of the things which Allah(swt) has made Fard and ordered the Holy Prophet to do and teach to the people. Yes, that bowing your head and making it touch the ground is indeed prescribed by Allah (Swt). The Prophet Himself use to pray and tell people to pray MUCH more then he ever told them to "meditate". I actually do not even know of a single insistence in where the Prophet told anyone to "meditate". However, even if there is such a hadith, the times and instances that the Prophet spoke about prayer, told people to pray and told the people of the benefits/importance of prayer and its parts (sajood etc) is literally dictionaries worth.

Whoever you are following (if anyone) that tells you that ANYTHING (even dua, fasting, giving zakkat, going to Haj etc) can constitute for or replace or compensate for prayer is a liar who is openly calling Allah (swt) And Muhammad (pbuh) liar(s) (astafurllah)

People need to stop interpreting things on there own desires or whims or to fit there own agenda.

There is NO such thing as a new Islam and an old Islam. There is ONLY 1 Islam.

If you are not doing things the way the Prophet Instructed people to do things then your Wrong. It's that simple.

And as clear as this sounds to the people of truth.......as difficult and complex as it sounds to the people of false hood, the people of whims and desires.

Its really that simple.

For those of you that have not read.

P.S: For the issue at hand, I think the emboldened part suffices enough.

Edited by Glow