Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AbidiScene

Islam And Iran

Rate this topic

Recently I was watching a TV Show, hosted by some Iranian lady. She seemed pretty angry at Muslims and Islam in general, reminiscing how great Iran was until barbaric Islam came and robbed it of its dignity/honor and prominence. I thought to myself, is she Joking? What Islam did was anything but that. If it wasn't for Islam, Iran would be confined to history books, few chapters dedicated to its great 3000+ history and Cyrus the Great! and like Egypt, UAE and Tunisia etc. it would be tourist destination, where people come see the land marks, say a few good words in charity, sleep with the woman, and take a dump! I am not joking. Look at the pitiful state of Arabs today, and had it not been for natural resources, all Arab countries would be like Yemen or worse. Islam came to them first, in their language, and took them to epitome of civility and law, and look what they did with it! BIG buildings and soothing recitation of Qur'an

Than, there is Iran- a foreign culture and language to Islam, brought by Umar al Khattab! and look where they have taken it, and where Islam has taken them! I can't think of a better modern Qu'anic Tafseer of this ayah than Iran's relation to Islam

ayat يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِنْ تَنْصُرُوا اللَّهَ يَنْصُرْكُمْ وَيُثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَكُمْ {7}

O you who believe ! if you help (the cause of) Allah, He will help you and make firm your feet

When Islam and the Muslims were at downfall, Iran gave it a refugee and bared the heavy burden. In return, look where Islam has taken Iran! Slowly but surely its becoming self-sufficient, a super power, and a inspiration! What more honor can a nation have, than the knowledge that there are millions of people around the world who have gained hope and faith in God because of them, which has renewed a passion to fight injustice, and the knowledge that because of Iran, the many scums of earth are sleepless at night! What more honor can anyone nation want? Before Islam and Islamic revolution, I doubt anyone other than Iranians gave a damn about Iran? 3000 plus Persian Culture? O big deal, Suck it PEROOOZZZ..But today, people are envious of Iran and its accomplishment! So much so, people actually wish they were Iranians. I know few Indian/Pakistani people, when they recite Qur'an and Adhan or recite Salawat, they imitate Iranian accent! LOL Imagine that, trying to read Qur'an with Iranian accent instead of proper Arabic way.

Can Pre-Islamic Iran stand up against the world and demand its god given rights? Like self-determination, nuclear right, sovereignty etc? Can it? hmm, unless it wants to get slapped across the face. Imagine, their country's President delivering a talk at the UN, with name like perooozzz, behrooozz, or nimaa..finding nimaa!! Iran would be a laughing stock like the Arab countries. But today, they have a country with a President, who's name they can't even pronounce because it sends shiver down their najis spines.

I don't know why the political analyst are not dumbfound and baffled, like I am, that after 30 years of Islamic revolution, its has survived and still going strong. Its nothing short of a miracle really. The Hadith in Sahih Muslim about the Persians- Wallahi, how accurate is the wisdom of the Prophet (S)

Edited by AbidiScene

Reading all this I am gathering:

1)You are not Iranian

2)You have never lived in Iran

3)You do not speak Farsi and have little recourse to Persian media or other popular views from within Iran

am I correct?

You have to understand that people like the ones who did the "Show" live under delusions of "fleeing from a cruel oppressive regime" (etc). Its sad that so many Western Iranians have fallen within the trap of the deceitful propaganda and materialism to the point that they reject their creed.

How ironic is the fact that there are people who claim pride in more than 5,000 years of Iranian Civillization are the same ones who have not learnt to respect their fellow human being in public forums/websites? My pride is not limited to obsessing over "glorious" pasts, it is legitimate, in the fact that the vast majority of my fellow Iranians have yet stood patient to so many burdens for the sake of God. No wealth, no power, only God and God alone do we worship.

Reading all this I am gathering:

1)You are not Iranian

2)You have never lived in Iran

3)You do not speak Farsi and have little recourse to Persian media or other popular views from within Iran

am I correct?

You are probably right, but why does it really matter? :D

Edited by arash_shirazi

^The cruelty and repression of our regime is a delusion is it aziz?

I am again gathering I'm speaking to a person who has never lived in Iran.

Tell our tens of thousands of murdered political prisoners that their fates were all a delusion. Tell the Sayad that conducted my parents' wedding and was stabbed to death by Khomeinists AFTER going into exile that its all a delusion. Tell my cousin arrested and executed for handing out leaflets in the street that the only thing he suffered was a delusion. Tell my uncle whose tongue was cut out, eyes gouged out and head severed for the crime of telling jokes about Khomeini that this whole affair was only a delusion. Tell hundreds of thousands of protestors who have been teargassed, beaten and shot at in the streets that the entire affair is a delusion.

You are probably right, but why does it really matter? :D

What does it matter that a foreigner (almost certainly a Pakistani or western convert) thinks he/she knows better than the Iranians how they should live in their own country? What does it matter that foreigners think they have more of a right to our country than we do? What does it matter that foreigners are showing their contempt for our people and culture out of misguided ideological loyalty to a regime that they dont have a clue about? You tell me what it matters

Edited by DFC

^The cruelty and repression of our regime is a delusion is it aziz?

I am again gathering I'm speaking to a person who has never lived in Iran.

Tell our tens of thousands of murdered political prisoners that their fates were all a delusion. Tell the Sayad that conducted my parents' wedding and was stabbed to death by Khomeinists AFTER going into exile that its all a delusion. Tell my cousin arrested and executed for handing out leaflets in the street that the only thing he suffered was a delusion. Tell my uncle whose tongue was cut out, eyes gouged out and head severed for the crime of telling jokes about Khomeini that this whole affair was only a delusion. Tell hundreds of thousands of protestors being teargassed, beaten and shot at in the streets that the entire affair is a delusion.

Baradar aziz,

I am born in Iran. I know they are delusions with the no doubt therein. Yes, my parents (who have rigorous connections to major opposition groups) have live under the same. Its this constant headache among us Iranians in the West, about how we (or our parents) have fled from the "oppressive regime". I know how the subconscious mind of those who live under the impression works. Yes let me be the one to say that bad things have happened under the mask of the regime, as have happened in EVERY National entity that ever existed. What I defend are the principles, not actions taken by a small minority who claim to have followed those principles. There is no doubt that there are flaws in the system, but the rigidness and strength of the system is strong enough to keep me confident of the potential of the Islamic Republic to keep moving forward.

Hundreds of thousands of protesters against a million counter-protestors supporting the government, most definitely not a myth. The largest turnout for a man's funeral in the history of mankind? not a myth.

Yes bad things were done by people who claim to be followers of the regime. There is no denying that. Bad things happen in the name of everything. That does not give me enough reason to despise the inherent principles of the Islamic Republic, which I proudly defend.

What does it matter that a foreigner (almost certainly a Pakistani or western convert) thinks he/she knows better than the Iranians how they should live in their own country? What does it matter that foreigners think they have more of a right to our country than we do? What does it matter that foreigners are showing their contempt for our people and culture out of misguided ideological loyalty to a regime that they dont have a clue about? You tell me what it matters

In my opinion a lot of the foreigners have a stronger idea of what's going on in Iran than a lot of us Iranians in the West. At least, about my generation of Iranians here in America I say that with full confidence

Edited by arash_shirazi

I think we spoke a week or two ago on facebook, and you pd off one other Iranian off so much with this fantasy talk he went wild at you. I've seen a hundred guys like you bro, I used to be one of you, people from secular families who've never lived in Iran then convert and start thinking they know it all. You have not lived properly in Iran, you are not Iranian, you are a foreigner of Iranian descent, please stop insulting Iranians with this nonsense talk. Stop insulting your parents by denying the very real oppression that they have seen with their own eyes. People like our families are wrong to associate the evil of the regime with Islam and turn against the religion, but that does not give you the right to treat them like children and pretend everything they have lived through is a delusion just to justify your blind and unfounded loyalty to a regime you have never lived under. When we see a generation turned against the religion, we should remember that it was the Khomeinists who created this generation and that such attitudes were only on the extreme fringe during the time of the shah, it is the Khomeinists with their evil in the name of the deen who have pushed millions towards secularism.

In my opinion a lot of the foreigners have a stronger idea of what's going on in Iran than a lot of us Iranians in the West. At least, about my generation of Iranians here in America I say that with full confidence

Don't kid yourself, they only care about what Iran does for Palestine, they couldn't give a [Edited Out] about how it treats its own people.

I think we spoke a week or two ago on facebook, and you pd off one other Iranian off so much with this fantasy talk he went wild at you. I've seen a hundred guys like you bro, I used to be one of you, people from secular families who've never lived in Iran then convert and start thinking they know it all. You have not lived properly in Iran, you are not Iranian, you are a foreigner of Iranian descent, please stop insulting Iranians with this nonsense talk. Stop insulting your parents by denying the very real oppression that they have seen with their own eyes. People like our families are wrong to associate the evil of the regime with Islam and turn against the religion, but that does not give you the right to treat them like children and pretend everything they have lived through is a delusion just to justify your blind and unfounded loyalty to a regime you have never lived under. When we see a generation turned against the religion, we should remember that it was the Khomeinists who created this generation and that such attitudes were only on the extreme fringe during the time of the shah, it is the Khomeinists with their evil in the name of the deen who have pushed millions towards secularism.

I have a feeling we did and I believe I know which conversation we are talking about. I respect your opinion.(Thank you for at least taking a stance against the ridiculous slander by the way) But I have lived in Iran, yes I was young (I am probably about your age) and I left when I was young, but I have kept strong connections to back home. Maybe I am a foreigner, but my opinion on Iran does not come from foreign opinions, as influenced as I am by people of so many nationalities.

Again I do not deny that there are evil people among and within the Islamic Republic, like there are among every political entity that ever existed. I do NOT associate Islam with the Republic. HOWEVER, I do not find anything wrong with the political system itself. Add to that I give credit to the system for numerous achievements of the system. I know there have been mishaps, and I have not buried my head in the ground, I just have enough faith in the constitution itself to not discount the Islamic Revolution in itself.

For example, I do NOT believe that people should be killed for believing what they do, and neither does the constitution of the Islamic Republic. Article 23 clearly and directly says “the investigation of individuals’ beliefs is forbidden, and no one may be molested or taken to task simply for holding a certain belief."

To add, majority of those true to the word of Emam Khomeini would agree, but unfortunately, as in any society, a few do not. Therefore, they end up doing exactly what remains unconstitutional and unIslamic. Yes we must fight these mishaps, but to my belief overthrowing the system, its constitution, would do us no favor.

In either case, if you think I am somehow "insulting my people" by giving out my honest opinion on the matter, know that I can say about the same to you. Trust me, I have not buried my head in the ground.

Peace, brother.

Edited by arash_shirazi