Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Muhamad

Martial Arts Anyone ?

Rate this topic

:) no im not from china .. i just went there to train kung fu .. they knew i was muslim and i prayed in front of them .. i felt they respected my religion and respected me as a foreigner as well .

i think there are shaolin schools all over the world now .. just go watch and observe before joining, to make sure it's your cup of tea ..

and of course there are many many other very effective martial arts as well that maybe suit you too .. it's an art i believe

(salam)

dont mind me asking question i am interested in going to china as well. did u have to learn chinese to train there?

Edited by Love-Of-Islam

BEST MARTIAL ART OUT THERE SHAOLIN MONKS!

i disagree with this. many of their supposed feats of supposed superhuman strength are simply glorified party tricks and gymnastics.

martial arts like wing tzun, jeet kun do and yes even muay thai outclass shaolin when it comes to actual fighting.

i disagree with this. many of their supposed feats of supposed superhuman strength are simply glorified party tricks and gymnastics.

martial arts like wing tzun, jeet kun do and yes even muay thai outclass shaolin when it comes to actual fighting.

i have seen videos where shaloin monks have defeated a muay thai person with ease

there is also one famous martial art in china made by muslim called something like xinguan? which i think might be stronger then shaloin

one question to all what is CHI?

Edited by Love-Of-Islam

dont mind me asking question i am interested in going to china as well. did u have to learn chinese to train there?

of course i don't mind you asking ..

no i didn't need to speak chinese to be in china at all actually .. it was a beautiful trip and i loved china so much!! they are lovely people .. very clean and well mannered and have tons of wisdom in their culture .. i took one hour chinese a day but didn't help much ... it's a crazy language to learn, but am sure if i had focused more on language i would have learned it more .. sign language is great .. and God sent me translators here and there .. i planned the whole trip online actually .. was also VERY affordable hamdiLah

i didn't want to come back home, but i had an instinctive feeling that i had to .. also many other amazing things one can learn other than kung fu .. honestly, i dream of going back asap ..

shaolin fighters are legendary fighters who have been doing nothing else for 6oo years except researching and developing the skills .. there is no party tricks here .. these guys were called upon by emperors to kick out japanese invading armies .. topple governments and they are accredited by almost all asian martial arts schools to be the "mother of martial arts locations" .. much like meccah for islam .. Allahu Aalam .. but these guys are the toughest guys i've ever seen BY FAR ,, and ive seen all kinds of fighters .. and sparred with them .. even academically there is no comparing

ving tsun and muay thai can not even be compared .. in skill hardness, history, variety, or almost any other way .. including spiritual aspect

ving tsun is very good for women and people who want to learn to fight in short period of time .. and muay thai is mostly for the rings these days .. and i love them all

i always say ving tsun is like mcdonalds of kung fu .. thats y bruce lee who was ving tsun yip man disciple, still almost worshipped shaolin in his movies ,, also jet kun do masters will say they are descended styles from shaolin temple ..

(salam)

of course i don't mind you asking ..

no i didn't need to speak chinese to be in china at all actually .. it was a beautiful trip and i loved china so much!! they are lovely people .. very clean and well mannered and have tons of wisdom in their culture .. i took one hour chinese a day but didn't help much ... it's a crazy language to learn, but am sure if i had focused more on language i would have learned it more .. sign language is great .. and God sent me translators here and there .. i planned the whole trip online actually .. was also VERY affordable hamdiLah

i didn't want to come back home, but i had an instinctive feeling that i had to .. also many other amazing things one can learn other than kung fu .. honestly, i dream of going back asap ..

u know what type of langauge is spoken there by majority? is it mediarin (cant spell it)

what did u do about the food? if u dont mind me asking if u can tell me the approx rate of cost of the trip? Also what part of china did u go to? did u go to the muslim area?

thank you very much :)

Edited by Love-Of-Islam

mandarine :) lool .. well i kind of failed with the language part .. but for me kung fu is a language, so it's ok .. hamduliLah

i think the other language is cantonese .. i think i am the worst person to ask about the spoken language part .. i know how to say ni hao .. lool .. also xie xie (thank you) .. che fan (food) .. and a couple of other stuff ... the problem with chinese is that the tone makes a difference

for instance the word ma can have 4 different meanings depending on tone .. it's crazy stuff!! i mostly enjoyed learning calligraphy honestly.

the food question is GREAT!!! i wished i had researched that b4 i went .. i learned the hard way how important halal food is ..

when i arrived in china i transfered through beijing airport (one week after olympics) 4 hours .. flew to zhengzhou (population of 20 million only) .. in Henan province .. that's the closest airport to shaolin temple .. then a bus from there 1 hour to dengfeng .. which is where the temple is. dengfeng is basically a kung fu city where there are weapons and martial arts equipment shops like fruit shops .. most people living there are either kung fu students or teachers .. and there are hundreds of schools lined up all the way to the temple ... and if you try you can even train in the temple .. and the forest around it while the tourists are there during the day.

so going back to food .. they wanted to feed me only vegeterian stuff .. wish i had listened .. so i was like WHAT?!?! give me some chicken at least every now and then !!! f off !! don't make me kick your a..es ok?!?! .. no .. just kidding :D .. but their hospitality was very good so they got me chicken every day (of course i refused pork ) .. and my digestion was a mess .. it took 3 months for me to realize that there are halal muslim restaurants everywhere .. and that was a great revelation .. please anybody going to china stick to halal restaurants .. they are even everywhere in dengfeng .. the birthplace of chan/zen buddhism and taoism .. subhan Allah

and the food tastes SOOOOO good .. delicious .. actually the word they use for food che fan .. means delicious i think.

so after a couple of months of hanging out with buddhists i decided to go to neighboring province called shanxi?? to ancient capital of china called xi'an .. it's basically a shia city at it's core .. and has one of the oldest mosques in the world .. which looks like a chinese temple .. so i went there and asked them for a ma xianda disciple .. a style that is even older than shaolin .. like at least 2000 years .. called tong bei .. a giant white ape style .. and trained with muslims there (i ended up training under the only suni imam in the city .. but he was definitely NOT a wahaby ) .. which was a different game all together .. they refused money .. they just did it for thawab .. and they took me in like a son and took care of me so much was great hamduliLah ..

anyway .. china values its kung fu heritage more than anything else, so finding a place to train or masters is the easiest thing ever. one does not even need to plan all that much .. just find out what style suits your physique the best .. i chose tong bei because i kind of have long arms like a money lol :lol: and i like the circular kind of moves more .. but the more styles we learn the merrier

chinese people .. wether buddhist, taoist, muslim, christian, atheist .. they are all very very nice and well behaved mashaAllah .. lovely people and i really wana go back soon and continue my kung fu adventure lol :blush:

i love china so much!! it's my favorite place on earth .. or among my favorite .. mashaAllah ..

back to the money .. well i stayed away from big cities .. so it was VERY cheap alhamduliLah .. maybe now prices went up, but in dengfeng i payed about 350 dollars a months for everything including accomodation, transportation, visa clearance, uniform, facilities, food, personal trainers etc etc .. it's all online guys .. go to china guys .. go learn it while you can .. lol ^_^

(salam)

In the words of the Notorious BIG

"but the stupid mother****** wanna try and use KUNG FU

Instead of a Mac 10, he tried s[Edited Out]pin

Slugs in his back and

thats what the **** happens "

lol i have done everything, but at the end of the day its all your heart

you have heart you can knock out mike tyson if you want

mandarine :) lool .. well i kind of failed with the language part .. but for me kung fu is a language, so it's ok .. hamduliLah

i think the other language is cantonese .. i think i am the worst person to ask about the spoken language part .. i know how to say ni hao .. lool .. also xie xie (thank you) .. che fan (food) .. and a couple of other stuff ... the problem with chinese is that the tone makes a difference

for instance the word ma can have 4 different meanings depending on tone .. it's crazy stuff!! i mostly enjoyed learning calligraphy honestly.

the food question is GREAT!!! i wished i had researched that b4 i went .. i learned the hard way how important halal food is ..

when i arrived in china i transfered through beijing airport (one week after olympics) 4 hours .. flew to zhengzhou (population of 20 million only) .. in Henan province .. that's the closest airport to shaolin temple .. then a bus from there 1 hour to dengfeng .. which is where the temple is. dengfeng is basically a kung fu city where there are weapons and martial arts equipment shops like fruit shops .. most people living there are either kung fu students or teachers .. and there are hundreds of schools lined up all the way to the temple ... and if you try you can even train in the temple .. and the forest around it while the tourists are there during the day.

so going back to food .. they wanted to feed me only vegeterian stuff .. wish i had listened .. so i was like WHAT?!?! give me some chicken at least every now and then !!! f off !! don't make me kick your a..es ok?!?! .. no .. just kidding :D .. but their hospitality was very good so they got me chicken every day (of course i refused pork ) .. and my digestion was a mess .. it took 3 months for me to realize that there are halal muslim restaurants everywhere .. and that was a great revelation .. please anybody going to china stick to halal restaurants .. they are even everywhere in dengfeng .. the birthplace of chan/zen buddhism and taoism .. subhan Allah

and the food tastes SOOOOO good .. delicious .. actually the word they use for food che fan .. means delicious i think.

so after a couple of months of hanging out with buddhists i decided to go to neighboring province called shanxi?? to ancient capital of china called xi'an .. it's basically a shia city at it's core .. and has one of the oldest mosques in the world .. which looks like a chinese temple .. so i went there and asked them for a ma xianda disciple .. a style that is even older than shaolin .. like at least 2000 years .. called tong bei .. a giant white ape style .. and trained with muslims there (i ended up training under the only suni imam in the city .. but he was definitely NOT a wahaby ) .. which was a different game all together .. they refused money .. they just did it for thawab .. and they took me in like a son and took care of me so much was great hamduliLah ..

anyway .. china values its kung fu heritage more than anything else, so finding a place to train or masters is the easiest thing ever. one does not even need to plan all that much .. just find out what style suits your physique the best .. i chose tong bei because i kind of have long arms like a money lol :lol: and i like the circular kind of moves more .. but the more styles we learn the merrier

chinese people .. wether buddhist, taoist, muslim, christian, atheist .. they are all very very nice and well behaved mashaAllah .. lovely people and i really wana go back soon and continue my kung fu adventure lol :blush:

i love china so much!! it's my favorite place on earth .. or among my favorite .. mashaAllah ..

back to the money .. well i stayed away from big cities .. so it was VERY cheap alhamduliLah .. maybe now prices went up, but in dengfeng i payed about 350 dollars a months for everything including accomodation, transportation, visa clearance, uniform, facilities, food, personal trainers etc etc .. it's all online guys .. go to china guys .. go learn it while you can .. lol ^_^

(salam)

nice post. I wouldn't get infos like this if i read chinasmack.com. lol :D

(salam)

amazing information more then i could ask for thank you!

also what od u think about "CHI" since its something mention a lot in martial arts. I was looking there to study medicine ancient one, do they still have those?

i looked up tong bei in google it said it was discovered in 1931, is it right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongbeiquan

how do i know which style is the best for me? any tips?

also thanks !

In the words of the Notorious BIG

"but the stupid mother****** wanna try and use KUNG FU

Instead of a Mac 10, he tried s[Edited Out]pin

Slugs in his back and

thats what the **** happens "

lol i have done everything, but at the end of the day its all your heart

you have heart you can knock out mike tyson if you want

That's what some say, but I can only talk from my own experience n life .. B4 doing Kung Fu .. I started very late .. Age 23 .. I was 10 times more fit and strong and had probably more iman too .. I got my a** kicked countless times because I didn't know what to do .. Despite being stronger than all of them .. They never hurt mr thank God except my ego .. But once j started martial arts because of health reasons .. To strengthen my knees .. (I have knee probls) .. It's as if I became a different person .. A warrior over night hamdilah .. Like a person who would actually fight back .. And I stopped being scared hamduliah .. And ironically nobody picked fights with me eversince hamdilah .. People are like dogs sometimes .. They attack only people who are afraid of them .. :) .. Anyway .. It's very nice game this fighting arts .. Mostly in the mind

nice post. I wouldn't get infos like this if i read chinasmack.com. lol :D

Brother any time .. My passion in life other than religion is martial arts and sports .. @ ur service :)

amazing information more then i could ask for thank you!

also what od u think about "CHI" since its something mention a lot in martial arts. I was looking there to study medicine ancient one, do they still have those?

i looked up tong bei in google it said it was discovered in 1931, is it right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongbeiquan

also thanks !

Well I am really bad with names but u can check ma style tong bei .. Am using my iPhone now so maybe I can add some links later :)

Chi for me is energy .. Energy for me is a mystery .. Like one of Allahs name al Nour .. The Light ..

There are many forms of energy .. In school they teach some as magnetic, gravity, nuclear, potential etc etc .. So the Chinese have their own classification .. There is energy everywhere .. And energy flows through us and can be channeled and somehow perfected. This is a controversial topic and for me somehow personal .. And I don't know much about it .. But one way it works in martial arts is through visualization and mental focus .. And it scientifically proved to be very effective for me .. Also through meditation .. And everything .. Like colors and infinite other things .. Ok ., as usual I don't know what I'm talking about .. Plz forgive n forget .. Live n peace lol :)

also thanks !

Well martial arts can be classified into many different ways . .. Soft vs hard

Long vs short ( long is more with legs )

Everyperson is different .. Best advice is for you to tell us what kind of movements you like doing and your body type .. There are king Fu experts who know MUCH more than me about the academic stuff . Maybe you can start by researching online .. You guys will probably know 100 times more than me in like 5 minutes .. Lol :) .. Ask around check .. And my only advice is to .. Whatever lool :D

yeah but can any of you fight like THIS

Maula Dha Malang .. This is really classic looool :D

Vine tsun ?? Thats the sh** lool :D

no of course not .. it's all about hitting & kicking pads, bags .. imaginary fighters .. lool :) and when u target moving people who hit back, then of course you'll take it easy on each other right ???

well sum times she (the sensi) makes me fight others i do go easy on ppl, especially begginners like me wen i started an i had to fight a black belt girl she didn't have mercy on me, but im soft hearted, even though i got my revenge on the girl i still helped her up an all, but for begginners I NEVER GO EXTRA HARD TO SHOW OFF!

other wise were always practicing fighting on bags, an pads, an on sensi's

snapback.pngPhilip, on 20 October 2011 - 05:22 AM, said:

Chi for me is energy .. Energy for me is a mystery .. Like one of Allahs name al Nour .. The Light ..

There are many forms of energy .. In school they teach some as magnetic, gravity, nuclear, potential etc etc .. So the Chinese have their own classification .. There is energy everywhere .. And energy flows through us and can be channeled and somehow perfected. This is a controversial topic and for me somehow personal .. And I don't know much about it .. But one way it works in martial arts is through visualization and mental focus .. And it scientifically proved to be very effective for me .. Also through meditation .. And everything .. Like colors and infinite other things .. Ok ., as usual I don't know what I'm talking about .. Plz forgive n forget .. Live n peace lol :)

E=mc^2, energy is everywhere. mass itself is energy. This equation may could be applied to non-material things.

I'm just speculating, pseudoscience :D

Yea...that guy definitely is more deadlier than Ip Man. The latter would stand no survival chance. I should probably delete that video later on for respect sake.

yeah you better do just that man, the last thing you want is for him to start chucking rocks and throwin sticks at trees.

E=mc^2, energy is everywhere. mass itself is energy. This equation may could be applied to non-material things.

I'm just speculating, pseudoscience :D

exactly :lol:

well sum times she (the sensi) makes me fight others i do go easy on ppl, especially begginners like me wen i started an i had to fight a black belt girl she didn't have mercy on me, but im soft hearted, even though i got my revenge on the girl i still helped her up an all, but for begginners I NEVER GO EXTRA HARD TO SHOW OFF!

other wise were always practicing fighting on bags, an pads, an on sensi's

ok sista ,, just don't break their bones ok !! and no blood plz .. at least try lol :P

il tell you all the best weapon in a fight and theres no doubt ive lived in one of the worst areas in the uk and seen allot of things the best weapon is HEART! ive seen big bodybuilder type guys get knocked out by small people, ive seen a pro boxer get anialated even if you no mma ,bjj muay thai but havnt got heart its useless , but no doubt martial arts are good for fitness and is a good thing to get into

il tell you all the best weapon in a fight and theres no doubt ive lived in one of the worst areas in the uk and seen allot of things the best weapon is HEART! ive seen big bodybuilder type guys get knocked out by small people, ive seen a pro boxer get anialated even if you no mma ,bjj muay thai but havnt got heart its useless , but no doubt martial arts are good for fitness and is a good thing to get into

heart aint much use against a guy with a gun bro lol

martial arts is about becoming better than you are .. so if Allah gave you a strong heart .. then training and preparation will bring out the best in you .. like my heart b4 starting at age 23 (that's super late right?!? ) .. was probably more pure than my heart now .. because i messed up less in life .. but because of my training alhamduliLah i can kick my own b utt theoretically if i get into a time machine and go back to my old buff and super-fit swimmer self back then ..

super fit old philip with a better heart too .. but in the end Allah determines who wins and loses any fight .. and who gets to fight to start with .. and where when and how .. let's focus on getting dajjal and sufyani killed ..

(salam)

@Maula Dha Mallang neither would a mma fighter bro

phillip when i say heart i mean not being scared or overcomming fear for example 2 bodybuilders get in your face someone with no heart will put hes head down and walk but someone with heart will do something big people or even trained people can get scared and intimidated thats why i say the no1 thing is heart

For all the Boxing fans on here, good weekend coming up. Incase you haven't been informed here's a list of them;

Friday night

Denis Lebedev vs James Toney (Interim WBA cruiserweight title)

On the undercard top light heavyweight Muslim prospect Ismayl Sillakh from the Ukraine taking on Chris Henry. For those that haven't heard of him check him out this friday.

Saturday night

Katsidis vs Ricky Burns (Interim WBO lightweight title)

UK

Lucian Bute vs Glenn Johnson

(IBF world light heavyweight title)

Canada

Alfredo Angulo vs James Kirkland

(WBC light middleweight title eliminator)

Mexico

:) .. ok good to know that your opponents are safe for now .. phew .. lool :D

L00000000000L!!!!!!

Seriously?

dude i can still beat up ppl an break their bones in tourments! i've broke my wrist once....though i don't like the bloody part that freaks me out!

L00000000000L!!!!!!

Seriously?

dude i can still beat up ppl an break their bones in tourments! i've broke my wrist once....though i don't like the bloody part that freaks me out!

killa sista !! .. here some bone-breaking for you :) .. don't worry .. !! no blood !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0W1ym3yggR4

go get 'em :D