Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Not Poetry But Inspiring Words

Rate this topic

I fight against the tide with a smile on my face. I feel the touch of other people brushing against me as they pass me or as I pass them as we all are carried to an unknown destination. Some of the others wear masks that have weeping faces or stern expressions that are plastered on their static faces as they struggle against the pulling and shifting and swirling of the torrent. But my mask has the smile and because of that I am protected from the outsiders for when another would look upon me they would see me as someone without a care in an uncontrollable world. But behind my mask lays the panic stricken face of terror. I fear of the future and the things that I might encounter as the tide rips me this way and that. I fear of what could of happened in the past but has been altered as the waves of time eroded the truth to it and left a string of empty words. I am scared of the origins of my journey and my world and certainly of the end that waits patiently out of sight. But nobody sees the panic that lines my face all they see is the smile as they pass me and as I pass them as we make our collective journey towards the empty horizon. Some of the people I that brush against me say they see a blinding glorified light near the end. Some people need something solid to cling to as they are spinning and shifting out of control. Even a thought that amounts to nothing more than a lie can become a flotation device if it's comforting enough.

ITT: similar texts

Edited by B-nCaesar

I was standing in the aisle of a rundown cinema the other night,

thinking about how it used to be so full of life,

so full of people and enthusiasm,

chills and frights,

and look at it now,

so dull and broken and devoid of life,

reminded me of a human being,

and his life,

That night i decided to shoot myself,

and here it is you read my epitaph...

• Advanced Member
so dull and broken and devoid of life,

reminded me of a human being,

and his life,

There is no spark in the human heart of today.

we even have ghost members

lol, I wonder what his internet connection must be like with all the bugs and dirt.