Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
La fata illa Ali

Wudhu After Shower

Rate this topic

Salam:

So I finish taking a shower (did not do any ghusls) and I want to do wudhu.

I rub the towel on my head or use a blow dryer.

Does the hair and head need to be dry? Is it okay if the hair and head are damp? what if the hair is dry and the scalp feels damp?

This is of course, concerning the masah of the head as generally when you do wudhu, those areas that partake need to be dry. This is not an issue for the arms and legs becasue they can be dryed quickly but the head poses a question for concern.

Shukran

wassalm

La fatah ila Ali

(wasalam)

I'm sure I've read that as long as the wiping makes the head wetter than it already is, then it is fine.

EDIT: found it

262. The parts of wiping should be dry, and if they are so wet that the wetness of the palm of the hand has no effect on them, the wiping will be void. However, there is no harm if the wetness on those part is so insignificant, that the moisture of the palm overcomes it.

http://www.najaf.org/english/book/1/inside/39.htm

Edited by Replicant

The part of the hair that you wipe (i.e. not the back or sides) and the top of the feet should be dry to the extent that they wouldnt get something else wet if it touched.

Salam,

I thought it was just the feet:S..

So what do women with long hair do if they have to pray immediately after washing the hair...and using a blowdryer doesnt help much because ..well..doesnt dry it or damp it enough...

thats weird...because I was always thankful that the scalp didnt have to be dry, coz many people had told me it was only feet...this is new info, and makes life much tougher..

Salam,

I thought it was just the feet:S..

So what do women with long hair do if they have to pray immediately after washing the hair...and using a blowdryer doesnt help much because ..well..doesnt dry it or damp it enough...

thats weird...because I was always thankful that the scalp didnt have to be dry, coz many people had told me it was only feet...this is new info, and makes life much tougher..

(wasalam)

It's just the part of the hair that's wiped that has to be dry, not all the hair. Just rub it with a towel.

Edited by akf

why don't you just do ghusl in the shower? then you don't have to worry about wudhu

(salam)

You still have to do wudhu after you have a shower (ghusl).

A shower is just washing yourself to cleanse your body of impurities on a daily basis. Wudhu is the actual purification process that is obligatory before every salah, and without it your salah is not valid.

(salam)

You still have to do wudhu after you have a shower (ghusl).

A shower is just washing yourself to cleanse your body of impurities on a daily basis. Wudhu is the actual purification process that is obligatory before every salah, and without it your salah is not valid.

Sis, if you do ghusl you don't need to do wudhu.

And you can do ghusl concurrent with your shower, as long as you make the niyyah of doing ghusl before you take your shower.

Edited by baradar_jackson

why don't you just do ghusl in the shower? then you don't have to worry about wudhu

Please make it clear the marja' you're ruling according to.

Sayyed Sistani says that any ghusl (obligatory or mustahab) removes the necessity for wudhu.

Sayyed Khamenei says that only the obligatory janaba ghusl removes the need for wudhu.

Only if the ghusl is wajib ghusl, ghusl of janabat for example, do you not need to make wudhu after that ghusl. Otherwise, if you're just doing mustahab ghusl, you still have to perform wudhu.

.this is new info, and makes life much tougher..

Wow...really? Just that makes life so much more tough?........ :huh:

Edited by jund_el_Mahdi

Please make it clear the marja' you're ruling according to.

Sayyed Sistani says that any ghusl (obligatory or mustahab) removes the necessity for wudhu.

Sayyed Khamenei says that only the obligatory janaba ghusl removes the need for wudhu.

Bismillahhirrahmanirraheem:

Salamun 'alaykum w/r w/b:

This is another question I had.

If you are in the shower and you do a ghusl with niyyat "I am doing ghusl, qurbatan illalah" i.e. there is no reason to do a wajib or sunnah ghusl (neither ghusl-e-janabt or ghusl-e-jumah) then can you pray a wajib salt with out wudhu???

My understanding is that you can only pray salat after a WAJIB ghusl...i.e. ghusl-e-janabt would be an example of a ghusl after whish, wudhu is not required.

My current understanding is that you must do wudhu after a sunnah ghusl (example ghusl-e-jummah(Friday)) in order to pray salat, touch Quran, etc.

Please advise.

I too am doing taqleed of Syed Sistani and would appreciate the refernces to the fact that you can pray salat after doing a sunnah ghusl...this is new info to me.

Shukran.

Wassalam 'alaykum w/r w/b:

La fatah ila Ali.

Edited by La fatah ila Ali

Bismillahhirrahmanirraheem:

Salamun 'alaykum w/r w/b:

This is another question I had.

If you are in the shower and you do a ghusl with niyyat "I am doing ghusl, qurbatan illalah" i.e. there is no reason to do a wajib or sunnah ghusl (neither ghusl-e-janabt or ghusl-e-jumah) then can you pray a wajib salt with out wudhu???

My understanding is that you can only pray salat after a WAJIB ghusl...i.e. ghusl-e-janabt would be an example of a ghusl after whish, wudhu is not required.

My current understanding is that you must do wudhu after a sunnah ghusl (example ghusl-e-jummah(Friday)) in order to pray salat, touch Quran, etc.

Please advise.

I too am doing taqleed of Syed Sistani and would appreciate the refernces to the fact that you can pray salat after doing a sunnah ghusl...this is new info to me.

Shukran.

Wassalam 'alaykum w/r w/b:

La fatah ila Ali.

(wasalam)

To answer your question: no, you still have to do wudhu.

From Sayed Sistani's website:

ÇáÓÄÇá: ÇáÃÛÓÇá ÇáãÓÊÍÈÉ ãËá ÛÓá ÇáÌãÚÉ åá íÌÒí Úä ÇáæÖæÁ¿

ÇáÌæÇÈ: ÇáÃÛÓÇá ÇáÊí íËÈÊ ÇÓÊÍÈÇÈåÇ ÈÏáíá ãÚÊÈÑ æãäåÇ ÛÓá ÇáÌãÚÉ ÊÛäí Úä ÇáæÖæÁ Èá Ãä ÛÓá ÇáÌãÚÉ íÌÒí Úä ÛÓá ÇáÌäÇÈÉ .

Q: Do the the mustahab ghusls like the Friday ghusl remove the need for wudhu'?

A: The ghusls that are confirmed to be mustahab with authentic proof, like the Friday ghusl, removes the need for wudhu. Not only that but the Friday ghusl also removes the need for janaba ghusl.

http://sistani.org/local.php?modules=nav&nid=5&cid=266

(wasalam)

السؤال: الأغسال المستحبة مثل غسل الجمعة هل يجزي عن الوضوء؟

الجواب: الأغسال التي يثبت استحبابها بدليل معتبر ومنها غسل الجمعة تغني عن الوضوء بل أن غسل الجمعة يجزي عن غسل الجنابة .

A: The ghusls that are confirmed to be mustahab with authentic proof, like the Friday ghusl, removes the need for wudhu. Not only that but the Friday ghusl also removes the need for janaba ghusl.

Salam:

WOW...I am gobsmacked!!!

I was not aware of that...Thank you for educating me. I will be saving alot of water in the future!

Shukranlilalh

Wassalam

La fatah ila Ali

Edited by La fatah ila Ali

(wasalam)

ÇáÓÄÇá: ÇáÃÛÓÇá ÇáãÓÊÍÈÉ ãËá ÛÓá ÇáÌãÚÉ åá íÌÒí Úä ÇáæÖæÁ¿

ÇáÌæÇÈ: ÇáÃÛÓÇá ÇáÊí íËÈÊ ÇÓÊÍÈÇÈåÇ ÈÏáíá ãÚÊÈÑ æãäåÇ ÛÓá ÇáÌãÚÉ ÊÛäí Úä ÇáæÖæÁ Èá Ãä ÛÓá ÇáÌãÚÉ íÌÒí Úä ÛÓá ÇáÌäÇÈÉ .

(salam)

Which ghusls would qualify as those confirmed to be mustahab?

(wasalam)

Salaam Alaykum Everyone

As far as I am aware, only after performing the Wajib Ghusls (Janabah / Mayyit) and after performing Ghusl Jumah is there no need to do wudhu. For me, remembering these two is simple enough and allows less complication. It is also worth noting that the prayers begin with the Wudhu and therefore Wudhu is as important as the Salaat itself and therefore should not be given less importance. There is no harm in doing wudhu again even after showering / doing Ghusl.

W/s

Edited by KingHussein

(salam)

Which ghusls would qualify as those confirmed to be mustahab?

(wasalam)

(wasalam)

From the same link as above: (I'll translate it as soon as I get home)

ÇáÓÄÇá: ãÇ åí ÇáÇÛÓÇá ÇáãÓÊÍÈÉ¿

ÇáÌæÇÈ: ÞÏ ÐßÑ ÇáÝÞåÇÁ (ÞÏÓ Çááå ÃÓÑÇÑåã) ßËíÑÇð ãä ÇáÃÛÓÇá ÇáãÓÊÍÈÉ æáßäå áã íËÈÊ ÇÓÊÍÈÇÈ ÌãáÉ ãäåÇ¡ æÇáËÇÈÊ ãäåÇ ãÇ íáí:

(1) ÛÓá ÇáÌãÚÉ: æåæãä ÇáÓÊÍÈÇÊ ÇáãÄßÏÉ¡ ææÞÊå ãä ØáæÚ ÇáÝÌÑ Çáì ÇáÛÑæÈ¡ æÇáÃÝÖá ÇáÇÊíÇä Èå ÞÈá ÇáÒæÇá Ü æÇáÃÍæØ ÇáÃæáì Ü Çä íÄÊì Èå ÝíãÇ Èíä ÇáÒæÇá Çáì ÇáÛÑæÈ ãä Ïæä ÞÕÏ ÇáÃÏÇÁ æÇáÞÖÇÁ¡ æíÌæÒ ÞÖÇÄå Çáì ÛÑæÈ íæã ÇáÓÈÊ¡ æíÌæÒ ÊÞÏíãå íæã ÇáÎãíÓ ÑÌÇÁð ÇÐÇ ÎíÝ ÇÚæÇÒ ÇáãÇÁ íæã ÇáÌãÚÉ¡ æÊÓÊÍÈ ÇÚÇÏÊå ÇÐÇ æÌÏ ÇáãÇÁ Ýíå.

(2 Ü 7) ÛÓá ÇááíáÉ ÇáÃæáì¡ æÇááíáÉ ÇáÓÇÈÚÉ ÚÔÑÉ¡ æÇáÊÇÓÚÉ ÚÔÑÉ æÇáÍÇÏíÉ æÇáÚÔÑíä¡ æÇáËÇáËÉ æÇáÚÔÑíä¡ æÇáÑÇÈÚÉ æÇáÚÔÑíä¡ ãä ÔåÑ ÑãÖÇä ÇáãÈÇÑß.

(8 Ü 9) ÛÓá íæã ÇáÚíÏíä ÇáÝØÑ æÇáÃÖÍì¡ ææÞÊå ãä ØáæÚ ÇáÝÌÑ Çáì ÛÑæÈ ÇáÔãÓ Úáì ÇáÃÙåÑ¡ æÇáÃÝÖá Ãä íÄÊì Èå ÞÈá ÕáÇÉ ÇáÚíÏ.

(10 Ü 11) ÛÓá Çáíæã ÇáËÇãä æÇáÊÇÓÚ ãä Ðí ÇáÍÌÉ ÇáÍÑÇã¡ æÇáÃÝÖá Ýí Çáíæã ÇáÊÇÓÚ Ãä íÄÊí Èå ÚäÏ ÇáÒæÇá.

(12) ÛÓá ÇáÇÍÑÇã.

(13) ÛÓá ÏÎæá ÇáÍÑã Çáãßí.

(14) ÛÓá ÏÎæá ãßÉ.

(15) ÛÓá ÒíÇÑÉ ÇáßÚÈÉ ÇáãÔÑÝÉ.

(16) ÛÓá ÏÎæá ÇáßÚÈÉ ÇáãÔÑÝÉ.

(17) ÛÓá ÇáäÍÑ æÇáÐÈÍ.

(18) ÛÓá ÇáÍáÞ.

(19) ÛÓá ÏÎæá ÍÑã ÇáãÏíäÉ ÇáãäæÑÉ.

(20) ÛÓá ÏÎæá ÇáãÏíäÉ ÇáãäæÑÉ.

(21) ÛÓá ÏÎæá ãÓÌÏ ÇáäÈí (Õ).

(22) ÇáÛÓá áæÏÇÚ ÞÈÑ ÇáäÈí (Õ).

(23) ÛÓá ÇáãÈÇåáÉ ãÚ ÇáÎÕã.

(24) ÛÓá ÇáÇÓÊÎÇÑÉ.

(25) ÛÓá ÇáÇÓÊÓÞÇÁ.

(26) ÛÓá ãä ãÓø ÇáãíÊ ÈÚÏ ÊÛÓíáå.

æÇáÃÙåÑ Çä åÐå ÇáÇÛÓÇá ÊÌÒí Úä ÇáæÖæÁ¡ æÃãÇ ÛíÑåÇ ÝíÄÊì ÈåÇ ÑÌÇÁð¡ æáÇÈÏø ãÚåÇ ãä ÇáæÖæÁ ÝäÐßÑ ÌãáÉ ãäåÇ:

(1) ÇáÛÓá Ýí áíÇáí ÇáÇÝÑÇÏ ãä ÔåÑ ÑãÖÇä ÇáãÈÇÑß æÊãÇã áíÇáí ÇáÚÔÑÉ ÇáÃÎíÑÉ.

(2) ÛÓá ÂÎÑ Ýí ÇááíáÉ ÇáËÇáËÉ æÇáÚÔÑíä ãä ÔåÑ ÑãÖÇä ÇáãÈÇÑß ÞÑíÈÇð ãä ÇáÝÌÑ.

(3) ÛÓá ÇáÑÇÈÚ æÇáÚÔÑíä ãä Ðí ÇáÍÌÉ ÇáÍÑÇã.

(4) ÛÓá íæã ÇáäíÑæÒ (Çæá ÇíÇã ÇáÑÈíÚ).

(5) ÛÓá íæã ÇáäÕÝ ãä ÔÚÈÇä.

(6) ÇáÛÓá Ýí Ãæá ÑÌÈ æÂÎÑå æäÕÝå¡ æíæã ÇáãÈÚË æåæÇáÓÇÈÚ æÇáÚÔÑæä ãäå.

(7) ÇáÛÓá áÒíÇÑÉ ßá æÇÍÏ ãä ÇáãÚÕæãíä (Úáíåã ÇáÓáÇã) ãä ÞÑíÈ ÃæÈÚíÏ.

(8) ÛÓá Çáíæã ÇáÎÇãÓ æÇáÚÔÑíä ãä Ðí ÇáÞÚÏÉ.

(salam)

Thanks. Also, at the bottom it says if one wants to perform more than one ghusl, then one is sufficient with the niyya to do them all. Is it the same for wajib ghusl or does more than one have to be performed?

(wasalam)

(wasalam)

same.

محمد بن يعقوب ، عن علي بن إبراهيم ، عن أبيه ، عن حماد بن عيسى ، عن حريز ، عن زرارة قال : إذا اغتسلت بعد طلوع الفجر أجزاك غسلك ذلك للجنابة ، والحجامة (1) ، وعرفة ، والنحر ، والحلق (2) ،

والذبح ، والزيارة ، فإذا اجتمعت عليك حقوق أجزاها عنك غسل واحد ، قال : ثم قال : وكذلك المرأة يجزيها غسل واحد لجنابتها ، وإحرامها ، وجمعتها ، وغسلها من حيضها ، وعيدها.

Muhammad b. Ya`qub from `Ali b. Ibrahim from his father from Hammad b. `Isa from Hariz from Zurara. He said: When you do ghusl after the tulu` of fajr, that ghusl of yours suffice you for janaba, cupping, `Arafa, the sacrifice, the shaving (of the head), the slaughter, and ziyara. So when there gathers upon you (multiple) huquq, a single ghusl suffices you that. He said: Then he said: And likewise a single ghusl suffices the one for her janaba, her ihram, her jum`a, her ghusl from hayd, and her `Eid.

محمد بن الحسن بإسناده عن علي بن الحسن بن فضال ، عن محمد بن إسماعيل ، عن حماد بن عيسى ، عن حريز ، عن زرارة ، عن أبي جعفر ( عليه السلام ) قال : إذا حاضت المرأة وهي جنب أجزاها غسل واحد.

Muhammad b. al-Hasan by his isnad from `Ali b. al-Hasan b. Faddal from Muhammad b. Isma`il from Hammad b. `Isa from Hariz from Zurara from Abu Ja`far عليه السلام. He said: When a woman menstruates and she is junub, a single ghusl suffices her.

can one do ghusl anytime they want without doing wudhu or does it have to be when mustahab or obligatory?

No, according to Sayed Sistani you don't have to do wudhu only for the ghusls that were in the link brother macisaac posted.

Only if the ghusl is wajib ghusl, ghusl of janabat for example, do you not need to make wudhu after that ghusl. Otherwise, if you're just doing mustahab ghusl, you still have to perform wudhu.

Wow...really? Just that makes life so much more tough?........ :huh:

lol actually..yes..alot

the amountt of times Ive done wudu over wet hair is well..ALOT...

thts what happens when its a woman's hair (takes a long time to dry..even if we're just talking about the scalp), and time is very less for namaz to get qaza...or to manage praying before someone wonders what ur doing in the room...lol..

Also, Im extra picky..so if someone tells me dry..Im going to rub it till the last moment possible..making sure theres very little or no dampness (but I doubt I can afford to dry it for so long in my situation..from the time ive read this post till now, Ive been in the situation several times..just drying for max few mins, leaving it damp though..coz obv doesnt get completely dry..is that fine?)

Wasalam