In the Name of God بسم الله

The Light Of Morality, Proof Of Existence Of God.

Rate this topic

Salam

According to my belief, every creation are endowed some light from God. Now morality can be seen in itself to be moral and to be beautiful, that it needs have absolute basis, and absolute basis can be seen that it has to be Eternal, and not something that came to be. Now another is that it's great and the greatness is shown need an absolute basis and that needs to be Eternal. We can see there is absolute basis to all possible greatness, therefore there is Absolute Ultimate greatness for infinite levels of greatness. This proves there is a God.

Now since God is the Ultimate life, everything has a dint of his glory, that glory proves the existence of God. Morality is a dint of God's glory. It proves there is Ultimate Morality that it's basis.

To prove the oneness of God , we can say Ultimate Greatness must Ultimate Life, and Ultimate life cannot lack life, therefore there cannot be a life besides it. If there is life that exists outside of God and is not dependent on God, then that is to say there is more life then God which would make him not Ultimate life. Therefore could be no life along side his, rather it's all derived from his life, while he alone is the Ultimate life by which there is no life besides.

Edited by MysticKnight

• Advanced Member

Salam

According to my belief, every creation are endowed some light from God. Now morality can be seen in itself to be moral and to be beautiful, that it needs have absolute basis, and absolute basis can be seen that it has to be Eternal, and not something that came to be. Now another is that it's great and the greatness is shown need an absolute basis and that needs to be Eternal. We can see there is absolute basis to all possible greatness, therefore there is Absolute Ultimate greatness for infinite levels of greatness. This proves there is a God.

Now since God is the Ultimate life, everything has a dint of his glory, that glory proves the existence of God. Morality is a dint of God's glory. It proves there is Ultimate Morality that it's basis.

To prove the oneness of God , we can say Ultimate Greatness must Ultimate Life, and Ultimate life cannot lack life, therefore there cannot be a life besides it. If there is life that exists outside of God and is not dependent on God, then that is to say there is more life then God which would make him not Ultimate life. Therefore could be no life along side his, rather it's all derived from his life, while he alone is the Ultimate life by which there is no life besides.

(salam)

Bro what is the point of all that pun regarding the Almighty God we call Allah (swt)? How do you know that any of this is Islamic accepted? It seems you are trying to demystify the unknown, i dont want to go picky snapping what doesn't make sense, the truth is for any person to start believing in a Creator known as Allah (swt), Elloh in the Bible etc. Is to open his/her eyes!, thus all is needed, no need of Philosophy, no need of Thermophysics, no need of Mathematics, no need of metaphysics, no need of extensive use of brain neurons, all one needs is eyes, nerve cells to carry signals from eyes to the spine, the spine to send signal to the brain and little processing power in the brain to decrypt signals, Viola, i can prove that without the needs of any play on words, for example observe this creation:

800px-Aix_sponsa_-Ouwehands_Dierenpark-8a.jpg

This animal is called the Wood duck or scientifically classified as (Aix sponsa) Now look how precise the colours are! Is this not enough for any person with eyes to believe in a creator? They say a picture is worth a thousand words, likewise look at this creature:

238861_17.jpg

My question is: Who painted it like this?, A bird to have these type of colours must have been painted for display purposes with an intent for design. Do you not think it has these natural colours for a reason, to prove the existence of a conscious, Almighty being!

One more animal (this post is dedicated to birds only ;)) Have you ever wondered how they made Airforce one and fighter jets with aerodynamic features! Well observe this:

238861_5.jpg

Look how sharp and distinct the birds wings are, and observe how his head is tilted so air can gush through, just like how sportsbike riders bend their backs to gain momentum, also look how perfectly aligned his beak is, you know that this bird is built for speed! You would be surprised how much information you can decrypt just by looking at the posture and characteristics of an animal.

Therefore all these creatures are proof that an Almighty conscious God exists, we are not philosophers to play Pun with Allah (swt), Just by looking at these images, even the most arrogant atheist will start to think a bit about the intended design of creation and question his own intelligence.

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

Salam

You are right. It is exactly this reason why Kant believed there had to be a higher being.

You cannot claim that morality is an objective fact about the world and urge others to follow it if there is no basis other than the fact that it is "built in nature". I would think someone is a fool to follow something simply because it is their "nature".

• Advanced Member

Yes, the beauty of nature and the order in nature. The change in the seasons, the dew in the morning, rising of the sun and its going down...everything functions with an order that reflects a Creator.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Stefan

Salam

Do you think apostates from Islam should be killed ?

If so, then the "absolute basis" of your morality is worthless.According to my belief :)

• Veteran Member

Salam

It does not prove that there is a God, it only proves people can make unsupported assertions.

Looting was rampant in religious New Orleans in the aftermath of the flood.

Looting has been virtually non-existent following the similar disaster in secular Japan.

Being a believer is not a guarantee of moral conduct.

Guest Stefan

No I don't think apostates from Islam should be killed. Quran says "There is no compulsion in religion".

What about the hadith that says "whoever changes his religion, kill him" ? Do you think it's not reliable ?

It's in the Sahih Al-Bukhari collection.

Edited by Stefan

• Advanced Member

What about the hadith that says "whoever changes his religion, kill him" ? Do you think it's not reliable ?

It's in the Sahih Al-Bukhari collection.

Shia's, gerenally, dont take Sahih Bukhari to be Sahih.

With regards to apostasy, the connotation behind the word is treason. At the Prophets (saw) time, one who was to reject Islam was one who would fight against it. The penalty for this was, and is death. Islam is a state as well as a religion. One who openly rejects the doctrines of the state and preaches against it is one who is fighting against the decaying the state. It is in the best interest of the state to preserve it, and those who fight it are not doing that, therefore they must be dealt with.

However if someone decides to leave the religion because they dont see it to be true, but they do not preach to others then I do not see a problem with that.

However if someone decides to leave the religion because they dont see it to be true, but they do not preach to others then I do not see a problem with that.

Just Muslims should be allowed to preach their faith, so should be people of other faiths allowed, including those whom convert from Islam.

• Advanced Member

Just Muslims should be allowed to preach their faith, so should be people of other faiths allowed, including those whom convert from Islam.

Preaching it within their own respective circles - yes

Preaching it about society - no

The goal of a society is to preserve it the best way it can, to preserve its morals and beliefs. That cannot be done when people go around saying how terrible it is.

• Advanced Member

I didn't know what "Sahih" means, I thought it's part of al-Bukhari's name :D

It is part of the book's name, unless I am mistaken

Sahih means "Correct" or "Authentic", but the book is definitely not authentic according to the followers of Muhammad wa aali Muhammad :)

• Forum Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

There is an article you might be interested in: "The Light of the Heavens and Earth."

Here are a few quotes from there:

"Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth." (24:35)

"All praise belongs to Allah who created the heavens and the earth and made the darkness and the light." (6:1)

"There is nothing like Him,"

"O Allah! Being distracted by [Your] effects and creatures prevents me from seeing You."

"By the light of Your face from which all things are alight."

"He is the Guide for the inhabitants of the heaven and the inhabitants of the earth."

Source: http://www.islamicinsights.com/religion/clergy-corner/the-light-of-the-heavens-and-earth.html