Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Wet Dreams...

Rate this topic

Praetorius

(salam)

Embarrassing as it may be, I got nowhere else to turn for advice... I've been having repeated wet dreams almost every other night, and it is really annoying and disturbing to me at the same time. Can someone pinpoint the reason for this, and perhaps a logical solution (besides Mutah, since there really isn't a chance for me to engage in it at all now...)?

• Advanced Member

WaSalaam,

The reason you get them is because of lack of ejaculation while concious, so the body has to get rid of build up somehow.

There isn't much you can do about it and it is natural, so don't worry about it too much, I guess you are going through a bit more of a nocturnal active patch.

Has.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Embarrassing as it may be, I got nowhere else to turn for advice... I've been having repeated wet dreams almost every other night, and it is really annoying and disturbing to me at the same time. Can someone pinpoint the reason for this, and perhaps a logical solution (besides Mutah, since there really isn't a chance for me to engage in it at all now...)?

(salam)

If you cant engage in Mutah for some reason, why not get married? or does the same restrictions apply?

well what ive noticed, is a lot of the time wet dreams come often when ones conscious mind is flooded with sexual thoughts. First thing I'd do is try get that out of my system... maybe its not the case for you, but it was for me... the more i thought about sexual thoughts during the day, it would reflect with wet dreams during the night.

Secondly - don't sleep on your stomach, i also noticed that you become more susceptible to wet dreams like that...

Thirdly - wake up for night prayers.. that way ur night is broken up into two parts, could make things easier - while making dua' to help ease the suffering it causes you.

Anyway, this is just my opinion and what helped me i guess.. havent really put much thought into it until now but it could work for you.. hope it helps and inshallah God gives you strength

salam

• Veteran Member

(salam)

If you cant engage in Mutah for some reason, why not get married? or does the same restrictions apply?

well what ive noticed, is a lot of the time wet dreams come often when ones conscious mind is flooded with sexual thoughts. First thing I'd do is try get that out of my system... maybe its not the case for you, but it was for me... the more i thought about sexual thoughts during the day, it would reflect with wet dreams during the night.

Secondly - don't sleep on your stomach, i also noticed that you become more susceptible to wet dreams like that...

Thirdly - wake up for night prayers.. that way ur night is broken up into two parts, could make things easier - while making dua' to help ease the suffering it causes you.

Anyway, this is just my opinion and what helped me i guess.. havent really put much thought into it until now but it could work for you.. hope it helps and inshallah God gives you strength

salam

Wow, I was about to post the same thing. I've noticed that too. When i stop thinking about sex while awake, my wet dreams stop too. I personally have interpreted my wet dreams as being a sign that my soul is too attached to my flesh. I've had sexual dreams before where I never ejaculated nor did I feel I was on the brink of doing so

Well the "wetting spree" has ended for the time being... I think I can attribute it to what many of you have said: lustful thoughts, and perhaps inappropriate postures in bed. I already make a conscious effort so I don't sleep on my stomach (I remember someone telling me it's unhealthy from the perspective of Biology as well).

Thank you folks. Maybe I should stop having fantasies about every other cute girl I see everyday... :squeez:

• Veteran Member

(salam)

It's normal - though I'm not sure how you could get them "almost every other night". Must be a one off-thing, it happens sometimes. Also you must be fairly young (teenager perhaps?) if you are getting them that often. Regardless, they are natural so don't worry too much about it - and you will get them even if you don't have "sexual thoughts" during the day - and you don't need to dream about actual "sex" to get a wet dream either. They will slow down as you get older, but in the meantime while you are still single; as Hassan2jz said:

The reason you get them is because of lack of ejaculation while concious, so the body has to get rid of build up somehow.

Wassalam

Edited by Aal-e-Imran

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

As frustrating it may seem, just hang in there.

Don't eat too much before going to sleep.

Try not to have any arousing thoughts before you go to sleep.

9. To remain safe from Ehtelaam (omission of semen) recite: "Allaahumma Aoodhu Bika Minal Ihtillaami Wa Min Soo'il Ihlaami Wa Min An Yatalaa Abaa Bi Yash-Shaytaanu Fil Yaqdhati Wal Manaam."

http://www.duas.org/bedtimedua.htm

And try to wake up at that moment at night and take the Ghusul. When done, before going to sleep

engage in a Munajat (Whisper) with your Creator.

JazakAllah.

(salam)

Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmetuAllahi wa barekato.

I don't see what use not eating before sleep has in relation to this topic...

I disagree. I would like to see the evidence for this oft-repeated claim. Sperm are broken down, if they are not used.

When i stop thinking about sex while awake, my wet dreams stop too.

+1

Yes, echoing what Saintly and others have said, the occurance of wet dreams correlate with your thoughts and mindset. If you go around inflamed with lust, your mind will also be engaged in such a mindset while asleep. If you adopt a mindset where you refuse to think "dirty", do not stare at women, lower your gaze immediately, etc. then you will find that less wet dreams occur.

Also, go to sleep early and do not sleep late in the morning. Why? One finds that sleeping late makes one much more suspectible to being hard and wet dreams...

4969 روى عن هشام بن سالم، عن عقبة قال: قال ابوعبدالله عليه السلام: (النظرة سهم من سهام ابليس مسموم من تركها لله عز وجل لا لغيره اعقبه الله ايمانا طعمه).

4969 – Hisham b. Salim narrated from `Uqba. He said: Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام said: The look is an arrow from the poisoned arrows of Iblis. Whoso abandons it for Allah `azza wa jalla, not for other than Him, Allah will make follow it a faith whose taste he will find.

4970 وروى ابن ابى عمير، عن الكاهلى قال: قال ابوعبدالله عليه السلام: (النظرة بعد النظرة تزرع في القلب الشهوة وكفى بها لصاحبها فتنة).

4970 – Ibn Abi `Umayr narrated from al-Kahili. He said: Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام said: The look after the look plants desire in the heart, and it suffices as a fitna for its owner.

http://www.tashayyu....ooking-at-women

Wa alaykum assalam.

Edited by Perseverance

• Veteran Member

(salam)

I think it's time bro... :angel:

(I should be the last to talk :lol: )

• 4 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

(salam)

Inappropriate.

Edited by Zareen
warned

• 4 weeks later...

(salam)

Not Possible naturally to have in such frequency.

(salam)

"annoying and disturbing"? woah! calm down brother! this is a gift from god and you should enjoy it :)

You have a lot of semen it seems and your body needs to get rid of the extras. if you stay away from Masturbation like you should be (because it is haram), then you get wet dreams. May Allah bless you for not doing haram things.

But yeah, you cannot stop this from happening. Also, it seems to me that you are still very young. It is natural for all young people to experience these "weird" moments. But meanwhile you should recite zikr all the time so that you don't fall into the traps of shaitan.

"annoying and disturbing"? woah! calm down brother! this is a gift from god and you should enjoy it :)

You have a lot of semen it seems and your body needs to get rid of the extras. if you stay away from Masturbation like you should be (because it is haram), then you get wet dreams. May Allah bless you for not doing haram things.

But yeah, you cannot stop this from happening. Also, it seems to me that you are still very young. It is natural for all young people to experience these "weird" moments. But meanwhile you should recite zikr all the time so that you don't fall into the traps of shaitan.

I am not sure about the build up of seminal fluid being a cause. There are many people who have gone long periods of time without wet dreams, myself included. I think it is an occurrence for young men with raging hormones. I had a vasectomy after my third child was born and I asked the doctor about sperm build up and he said sperm was produced on an on demand basis meaning you have your reservoir which is supplied only when needed. Seminal fluid is more or less the vehicle for the sperm to travel in which is also produced on the on demand basis. Otherwise a person who had no ejaculations would end up with a rather large swelling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Look at the bright side you get to re-fast all of ramadan!

NO!

Wet dreams do Not break your fast, wajib or mustahab.. (well according to Ay Sistani).

If on a fasting day you happen to have a wet dream, it would not break your fast and all you need is to do ghusl in order to pray.

(Note masturbation WILL break your fast and you'll need to give ALL 3 kaffaras as well, because its breaking your fast with a haram act)

Advice:

Sleep only after you've done the following 4 things (scholarly advice!):

1) Go to the toilet (urinate)

2) brush your teeth

3) perform wudhoo

4) recite Ayatul Kursi

(In that order, lol!)

and of course, avoid sexual thoughts all day, remain in zikr, etc..

But thumbs up, because wet dreams = you've fought masturbation! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Alahmdulilah it means u have not sinned because those who masturbate do not have wet dreams. :)

Wa Salaam

3:190 Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of Night and Day,― there are indeed Signs for men of understanding.―