In the Name of God بسم الله

A Strange Dream I Had

Rate this topic

Saintly_Jinn23

• Veteran Member

I had a strange dream last night, I don't remember much, but all I remember is seeing a strange face that seemed to take up my whole vision. I really don't remember all the details of the dream. What I do remember though is this face that stood out from everything. I remember the face being surrounded by what seemed like fire and had piercing yellow feline eyes. I remember some sort of tragic event happened or was happening and all of sudden this face appeared that made me feel frightened but at the same time empowered. I've been telling people that I think what I saw was, or at least meant to be a Jinn. Have any of you ever had dreams about Jinns before, do you think they were some sort of actual contact or just imaginings of your mind meant to symbolize something. What does seeing a Jinn, or something you think resembled a Jinn in your dream mean?

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23

• Advanced Member

salam

i dont know what it actually means, it could be just imaginings of the mind. but dont interpret it or let someone interpret it badly otherwise it will come true. i had a similar dream, really freaky, but really just shaytan playing his tricks again. just read before you sleep and you will be fine inshallah.

inshallah Allah always protects you!!

wasalam

I had a strange dream last night, I don't remember much, but all I remember is seeing a strange face that seemed to take up my whole vision. I really don't remember all the details of the dream. What I do remember though is this face that stood out from everything. I remember the face being surrounded by what seemed like fire and had piercing yellow feline eyes. I remember some sort of tragic event happened or was happening and all of sudden this face appeared that made me feel frightened but at the same time empowered. I've been telling people that I think what I saw was, or at least meant to be a Jinn. Have any of you ever had dreams about Jinns before, do you think they were some sort of actual contact or just imaginings of your mind meant to symbolize something. What does seeing a Jinn, or something you think resembled a Jinn in your dream mean?

I see.........such dream means you'll die within a week.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

but dont interpret it or let someone interpret it badly otherwise it will come true. i had a similar dream, really freaky, but really just shaytan playing his tricks again. just read before you sleep and you will be fine inshallah.

I think that was meant so that you don't lose hope/faith in Allah, not so that it will come true.. and an evil seeming dream to us need not actually have an evil interpretation (eg. dreaming of being poor has a good interpretation, while being rich has a bad one).

I can't find 'yellow feline eyes', but I have the interpretations for yellow + cat + eyes below:

First, there are different kinds of dreams:

- muddled dreams, which have no meaning

- dreams based on subconscious thoughts, which have no meaning

- dreams which are caused by certain foods/drinks/medicines, which have no meaning

- premonitions in the form of dreams, which are interpreted literally (if forgotten, these become déjà vu)

- dreams involving deceased people or saints, which are interpreted literally

- dreams which display symbols/symbolic items which can be defined by a dream dictionary

- dreams which display lessons/morals/ideas and are not simply defined by the symbolic items

- dreams which are interpreted opposite to what was dreamt

Stranger: An unknown man is a symbol for achieving a wish.

Yellow: The colour yellow represents illness.

Cat:

A cat is often interpreted as a corrupt thief.

Dreaming of a cat coming into ones house, means a thief will come there.

Dreaming of a cat eating something from ones house, means something will be stolen there.

Dreaming of killing a cat, means one will overcome a thief.

Dreaming of killing and skinning a cat, means one will take back the stolen money.

Dreaming of a cat after sunrise, means one will get ill for six days.

A cat may also mean: 1-a sorrow, 2-a tale bearer, 3-a kind woman, 4-a fight, 5-an illness.

Eye:

An eye is often interpreted as insight that finds guidance/right path with it.

A dark blue eye is a symbol for being innovative, and a large beautiful eye means a pregnancy.

Dreaming of being blind, means one is misled or there is a danger for ones child.

Dreaming of being blind in one eye, means one will lose half of his beliefs, or will commit a sin with one of his organs, or will have a disaster or loss.

Dreaming of having weak eyesight, means one is in discord.

Dreaming of having weak eyesight, means ones religious servitude will be weak.

Dreaming of having many eyes on ones body and was seeing very well, means ones beliefs will be powerful.

Dreaming of ones eye being pulled out by someone, means one will lose or will be far from a dear one, or a dear property, like a house or a garden.

Dreaming of having both eyes pulled out, means one won't have any beliefs.

Dreaming of ones eye was of iron, means ones reputation will spoil.

Dreaming of both of ones eyes being swollen and unable to open them, means one will sit with an incompatible/hostile man.

Dreaming of having an eye in the middle of ones face, means people will speak badly about ones religious beliefs.

Dreaming of having good eyesight but people believed one was blind or nyctalopic, means ones heart is better than ones appearance.

Dreaming of someone's eye colour changing from black to blue, means his situation will worsen. /(Tāhā, 20:102)

Dreaming of having an eye that was entirely black with no white, means one will get proud.

Dreaming of one eye being hurt, means ones child will be hurt.

Dreaming of someone pulling out an eye, means someone will harm his child.

Dreaming of someone covering ones eyes with their hands, means there will be a loss for ones child, or ones properties, or one will commit a sin.

Dreaming ones eye was bleeding, means one will have a sorrow by means of ones child or property.

Dreaming of someone's eye turning into an ear, and an ear turned into an eye, means that person will marry a woman who has a daughter and he sleeps with both of them.

Dreaming having an eye in ones hand, means one will receive some money.

Dreaming of ones iris having a white spot/turning white, means a sorrow is on the way. /(Yūsuf, 12:84)

Dreaming of ones right eye kissing ones left eye, means one is cheating on ones partner with a neighbour.

A female dreaming of using collyrium/kohl for her eyes, means she is trying to have true belief.

Dreaming of using collyrium for beauty and make-up, means she tries to attract people's respect.

Dreaming of being given some collyrium for eyes, means one will receive some money.

Eye may also mean: 1-light, 2-true belief, 3-a child, 4-money, 5-knowledge, 6-increase in money and beliefs.

Fire:

Dreaming of a fire without smoke, means an opening in ones life.

Dreaming of falling into fire and being burnt by it, means one will be suppressed by the governor/authority but will be rescued soon like Abraham in the fire. /(al-Anbiyaa, 21:69)

Dreaming of falling into fire and not being burnt, means one will go on a travel unwillingly.

Dreaming of a hot burning fire, means one will have a fever.

Dreaming of fire burning ones organs, means one will have disturbances.

Dreaming of ones house catch on fire, with large flames and ones body was burnt although one wasn't afraid, means a disaster, or a sorrow, or an illness like flu or chicken pox.

Dreaming of taking fire, means one will receive some Haraam/immoral money.

Dreaming of taking fire with smoke, means one will receive some Haraam money with quarrels.

Dreaming of receiving some warmth and sparks from a fire, means someone will speak behind ones back.

Dreaming of throwing fire among the people, means one will cause enmity among people.

If one does business for a living, and dreamt ones office or workshop caught fire and articles were burning, means one will lose ones properties, or one is unfair and sells things overpriced.

Dreaming of a known person's house catching on fire, means that person will be suppressed by the governor/authority.

Dreaming of ones clothes being burnt by fire, means one will have a fight and some enmity with family, or will be sad for money.

Dreaming of a big fire in a city, means that there will be a war.

Dreaming of something burnt, means one will fight with someone for women.

Dreaming of a city or some place catching on fire and everything was burning with noisy flames, means a war or an epidemic.

Dreaming of a noisy fire burning some things and not others, means a war as well.

Dreaming of a fire without light and flames, means an illness.

Dreaming of fire with smoke, means fears.

Dreaming of fire falling from the sky and burning a city, means there will be a disaster.

Dreaming of a huge fire going from underground up into the sky, means people there are against the religious people.

Dreaming of a fire moving from one place to another without ruining anything, means benefits and good luck.

Dreaming of fire coming like rain, means a war.

Dreaming of a fire from the sky burning ones food, means ones prayers will be accepted. /(Aāl-ʻImrān, 3:183)

Dreaming of a fire coming from the sky and not burning, means a disaster. /(Sajdah, 32:20)

Dreaming of being beside a big fire warming oneself, means one will get close to a big governor/authoritative person.

Dreaming of cooking on a fire, means a problem of one will be solved.

Dreaming of a fire from the sky burning plants, means there will be sudden death and heart attacks in that city.

If a fire burnt the dom and spirals , the governor will die.

Dreaming of fire coming out of the ground with light, means there will be a hidden treasure in that place.

Dreaming of eating fire, means one is eating money of the orphans. /(al-Nisā, 4:10)

Dreaming of fire coming out of ones mouth, means one will say lies and accusations.

Dreaming of being beside a fire but remaining unharmed, means one will receive goodness. /(al-Wāqiʻah, 56:71)

Dreaming of fire with wood, means a war. /(al-Māidah, 5:64)

Dreaming of setting fire on the people, means one will overcome the enemy.

Dreaming of being burnt by a fire without light, means an illness.

Dreaming of fire in the battle field, means pox, plague or delirium.

Dreaming of fire in the market, means immoral traders.

Dreaming of the sea on fire, means the governor/authority will take people's money.

Dreaming of a fire in an unknown way, means paganism.

Dreaming of ones clothing catching on fire, means one will have a disaster and fears.

Dreaming of standing on fire, means one will have some disturbances.

Dreaming of ones feet being on fire, means one robs people's shoes.

Dreaming of making a fire to get warm or warm up someone else, means one is looking for benefits.

Dreaming of setting fires for no reason, means one fights without any reason.

Dreaming of making fire to roast some food, means one will look for news from others because of the words said behind ones back. If one ate from that roast, means blessings.

Dreaming of setting fire under a pot and there was something in the pot, means one will do something for his wife. If there was nothing in the pot, means one will get sad.

Dreaming of making a fire to bake cookies, means someone will say a pleasant word.

Dreaming of making fire for light, means one will make clear a subject with reasoning.

Dreaming of making fire to hurt people, means one will speak behind the back of people.

Dreaming of making fire in the stove without cooking, means fight and enmity with a relative.

Dreaming of trying to make fire for some reason but couldn't, means one will have benefits from his knowledge.

Dreaming of making fire but the fire was put out, means there is some mortal danger.

Dreaming of making fire in the desert and people found their way by it, means people will use ones knowledge. If the fire was put out, means one will die. If that fire wasn't leading the wrong way, means one will mislead people.

Dreaming of taking fire from a neighbour's house, means one will receive Haraam/immoral money.

Dreaming of worshipping fire, or kneeling for the fire, means one will kneel for a tyrannical governor/authority.

Dreaming of worshipping the fire, means one will be a guard/police.

Dreaming of worshipping pieces of fire, means one is collecting Haraam/immoral money.

Dreaming of kneeling in front of a bread stove/oven or a lamp, means one will serve a woman.

Dreaming of kissing fire, means one will be a spy.

Dreaming of rolling on fire, means one will be a trader for the governor but in the end will be in danger.

Dreaming of walking among the fire, means benefits from the king/authority.

Dreaming of ones face or hands being alight and people were surprised, means one will overcome the enemy. /(al-Naml, 27:12)

Fireplace means: If metallic, a woman who serves in the house and she is a relative. If wooden, means a two-faced servant.

Fireplace for worshipping fire as a God: is interpreted as a place for useless people. Dreaming of entering such a place, means one will lose his dignity and will be sorry.

Lighting stones for setting fire (eg. flint): They are two people, one is brave and one is hard hearted; both encourage people for dignity and honour.

Dreaming of lighting a candle or a lamp with lighting stones, means people will use ones knowledge. If one is a trader, people will use his goods. If one is poor, people will benefit from his morality.

Dreaming of making a fire with lighting stones, means one will work for the governor but will earn Haraam/immoral money.

Jinn/Spirits/Fairy/Ghosts/Shadow people/Goblin/Troll, etc. :

Dreaming about a good humoured, happy and pretty jinn, means one will receive some greatness and honour. If the jinn was ugly and sad, means a sorrow.

Dreaming of a dead, good humoured jinn, means ones affairs will be in distress.

Dreaming of a religious jinn, means one will meet a friend.

Dreaming of a paganistic jinn, means one will meet an enemy and will have a sorrow.

Dreaming of being among the jinn, means one will go on an auspicious travel.

Dreaming of being taken by a fairy on the shoulders, means one will receive dignity and honour.

Dreaming of being spoken kindly to by the jinn, means ones affairs and situation will arrange.

Dreaming of a jinn in good attire, means ones situation will be good.

Dreaming of a jinn in bad attire, means ones situation will get worse.

Dreaming of being given gold or silver by a jinn, means ones blessings and livelihood will increase.

Dreaming about an ill or dead jinn, means ones situation will get worse.

Dreaming of the king of jinn doing one a goodness and was kind, means one will receive some dignity and goodness, and will be dear to the governor/authority.

Dreaming of going to the jinns home and met with them, means one will have a far travel to other cities.

Dreaming of being taken by a jinn, means one will achieve ones wish unexpectedly.

I have had a dream that I believe was caused by a jinn, and since no one will believe me I don't mind saying it. During that time I was a little too curious about jinn, and then one night in my dream I saw a small figure of light standing in front of me and it was just laughing. Not an evil laugh, but laughter like you just experienced something really funny. Then in my dream I woke up (I was still sleeping in real life - and the room - the lighting - my position on the bed - everything was exactly how I would see it when I woke up), and there was a white silhouette standing on my bed right beside me. It was about 2-3 feet tall, and it just stood there for a few seconds before vanishing.. and I woke up~

But I should say that the curiosity you have, the jinn (and even humans) can perceive it, and you wouldn't want an evil jinn making your life miserable.. it's best not to think about them too much.

/ws

• Veteran Member

What I am able to remember is that the tragedy had something to do with my eldest brother who's returning from prison this summer for like the fourth time. In the dream he became very angry about something for some reason and I couldn't take seeing him act like a fool again, so I left to another room. When I reached the other room I saw this face just take up my vision. I could hardly make out anything else in the room and eventually the dream just turned into nothing but this face taking up my entire sight. At first I was frightened, thinking perhaps it was like the cause of what had just occurred with my brother and also because it was just strange overall. Now, the features I remember are red flames, but the color pink stands out as well for some reason, and of the course the cat-like eyes of a yellow color. But what was funny about the eyes were that they were cat like but the pupils seemed "stretched" vertically. I remember the face felt feminine like it was a female, aggressive, but not so aggressive that I felt a fear for my life. Then upon gazing at this face, I found myself feeling a certain sense of empowerment, as though I had some strange new strength or power that I didn't have moments before and I no longer seemed to feel like any sort of bad situation could ever control me. I simply did not care what anyone in my home could say or do to me because I had some sort of new found power. :unsure:

• Advanced Member

What I am able to remember is that the tragedy had something to do with my eldest brother who's returning from prison this summer for like the fourth time. In the dream he became very angry about something for some reason and I couldn't take seeing him act like a fool again, so I left to another room. When I reached the other room I saw this face just take up my vision. I could hardly make out anything else in the room and eventually the dream just turned into nothing but this face taking up my entire sight. At first I was frightened, thinking perhaps it was like the cause of what had just occurred with my brother and also because it was just strange overall. Now, the features I remember are red flames, but the color pink stands out as well for some reason, and of the course the cat-like eyes of a yellow color. But what was funny about the eyes were that they were cat like but the pupils seemed "stretched" vertically. I remember the face felt feminine like it was a female, aggressive, but not so aggressive that I felt a fear for my life. Then upon gazing at this face, I found myself feeling a certain sense of empowerment, as though I had some strange new strength or power that I didn't have moments before and I no longer seemed to feel like any sort of bad situation could ever control me. I simply did not care what anyone in my home could say or do to me because I had some sort of new found power. :unsure:

(salam)

Actually, having given this more thought - If there is any truth to the dream, it could be that this dream was based more on lessons than symbols:

1. [if you have a brother in real life] be patient with him

2. in the face of enemies/opponents and harsh glances, remain strong they can't harm you

God only knows~

ws