Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Hijab Is Fake

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I think the burqa is the way to go then, right buddy?

Don't understand why you're so adamant on protesting hijab here. You keep coming back after the subject's already been answered. We're Muslims and we follow our faith, what's your problem? Maybe you can start teaching our faith to us?

Edited by jund_el_Mahdi
  • Advanced Member

Don't understand why you're so adamant on protesting hijab here. You keep coming back after the subject's already been answered. We're Muslims and we follow our faith, what's your problem? Maybe you can start teaching our faith to us?

I believe it would be in our interest to use constructive feedback during our discussion rather than criticising others :)

• Advanced Member

I believe it would be in our interest to use constructive feedback during our discussion rather than criticising others :)

I agree. That's why I don't criticize. The whole past page of posts have been answers to the questions and constructive feedback which seems to completely go over his head.

Edited by jund_el_Mahdi
  • Advanced Member

I agree. That's why I don't criticize. The whole past page of posts have been answers to the questions and constructive feedback which seems to completely go over his head.

Salaam bro

lol,

i understand, but then it might just b that one has not read the previous posts

and wanted to convey his opinion

we all have right to put forward our view

its up to us to either except them or reject them

or thr is another option

we can go on criticising others ?

bro these r my views

u ve the right to put forward urs :)

• Forum Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

Hijab is WAJIB according to the Holy Qur'an. There were several great answers, but Jund-el-Mahdi's answer was quite thorough. Thank you! The hadith from the Holy Prophet SA said women must cover ALL BUT THE FACE AND HANDS UP TO THE WRIST. Someone mentioned the feet, and the response was that some maraje require feet to be covered, because of the hadith of the Prophet SA limiting hijab to all but the face and hands. Some maraje give the EXCEPTION that the woman's feet may be uncovered only during the Hajj activities, but men are instructed to be doing their Hajj activities of tawaf, prayers, du'aa, etc. and if they forget what they came there for and start looking at the feet of women, their Hajj will be BATIL. ws

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

salams sis;

you should never conclude that hijab is fake before undergoing thorough examination of the topic.

When someone wants to examine Quran, no tom, Richard and harry can come and study it. There are pre-requisites for studying the Quran, without them you can’t do tafseer and these are:

1. Understand Pre-Islamic Arabian culture- how Arabians ate, dressed.

2. Pre-Islamic Arabian poetry. Otherwise won’t know how Allah (swt) used a specific word in Arabic to get message across.

3. Knowledge of hadith because everything in Quran is explained in world of hadith. Whenever you look at hadith, look at chain of narrators. Chinese whispers occur in every community. Check chain of narrators. If strong chain- accept it but if there are no trustworthy narrators in chain then it’s not accepted.If someone gives me a hadith about tafseer of verse of Quran and this person hates Ali ibn abu Talib (as) will he praise Ali’s father?

4. Knowledge or Arabic grammar. Word mawla has 24 meanings.

To answer your Question. This verse was revealed to arabians and looking at their context, woman used to already cover their heads but reveal their bosoms. The verse came down instructing them to cover their bosoms and together covering the head and the bosoms will then constitute hijab.

I am pretty sure that muslim woman are not 'stupid' as to stick to hijab if it was a mere cultural aspect. Watch following lecture about hijab http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wriPcHu4pE, u will find it immensely useful.

wa salams

thats the exact video i was about to put up,, never decide anything wen u have nothing to support it,,

(salam)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Hijab is not fake.

It is what Allah swt commanded us women to do. It is better you read about the subject more and know the context of the Ayah before you go spitting out useless comments like this.

(wasalam)

(salam)

totally agree

I am pretty sure that Muslim woman are not 'stupid' as to stick to hijab if it was a mere cultural aspect.

Of course they are not stupid. The point is that women of the desert dressed that way for over a thousand years so it has become a part of their culture

We're Muslims and we follow our faith, what's your problem? Maybe you can start teaching our faith to us?

I did not start this topic. My point is there a great many people who do not agree with you but follow your faith. Apparently the issue is not cut and dry and there is much ambiguity. Some believe the burqa is required and some believe a chador does the job.

I swear, some shiachat members have an attitude problem .....

Perhaps if we "pretended" that this forum was a retard facility where everyone asked dumb questions then maybe we'd be more respectful to each other.

You wouldn't be condescending and criticize the questions of a retarded person would you? You'd have the utmost patience ...

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

salaam

hijab is part of being a muslim and it was asked by Allah swt..dont question what has already been established =)

dont go against the Islamic laws, cuz u know u will fail ;) rawrr

Edited by Nasiba
  • 1 month later...

salams sis;

you should never conclude that hijab is fake before undergoing thorough examination of the topic.

When someone wants to examine Quran, no tom, Richard and harry can come and study it. There are pre-requisites for studying the Quran, without them you can't do tafseer and these are:

1. Understand Pre-Islamic Arabian culture- how Arabians ate, dressed.

2. Pre-Islamic Arabian poetry. Otherwise won't know how Allah (swt) used a specific word in Arabic to get message across.

3. Knowledge of hadith because everything in Quran is explained in world of hadith. Whenever you look at hadith, look at chain of narrators. Chinese whispers occur in every community. Check chain of narrators. If strong chain- accept it but if there are no trustworthy narrators in chain then it's not accepted.If someone gives me a hadith about tafseer of verse of Quran and this person hates Ali ibn abu Talib (as) will he praise Ali's father?

4. Knowledge or Arabic grammar. Word mawla has 24 meanings.

To answer your Question. This verse was revealed to arabians and looking at their context, woman used to already cover their heads but reveal their bosoms. The verse came down instructing them to cover their bosoms and together covering the head and the bosoms will then constitute hijab.

I am pretty sure that muslim woman are not 'stupid' as to stick to hijab if it was a mere cultural aspect. Watch following lecture about hijab

, u will find it immensely useful.

wa salams

mashaAllah, great answer.