In the Name of God بسم الله

How Imam Ali Look Like?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam

Although it doesn't matter what he looked like physically, I have heard say he was average height, probably brown skin, receding hairline, friendly features. Be wary of those who exaggerate to one extreme or the other. Some sunnis claim he was short, dark, and very hairy, while some Shias claim him to have been some sort of a supermodel. He is our master and protector no matter what his outward appearance may be

• Advanced Member

Salam

Although it doesn't matter what he looked like physically, I have heard say he was average height, probably brown skin, receding hairline, friendly features. Be wary of those who exaggerate to one extreme or the other. Some sunnis claim he was short, dark, and very hairy, while some Shias claim him to have been some sort of a supermodel. He is our master and protector no matter what his outward appearance may be

very well said, brother, that you are right, it doesnt matter what he looks like, his manners and triumphs draw the image of a fierce warrior and protector of islam.

it is the pureness of his heart and akhlaq that reflect onto his face, creating a heavenly beauty that no model can even wish to look like. its not what the face looks like, its what the heart contains that matters.

:)

its actually haram to draw him, and if drawn noor should be placed instead of his facial characteristics.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

can any bro or sis give me description how Imam Ali look a like?

regards

BD

Brother,

IMAM HUSSAIN(AS) TELLS IN KARBALA THAT :-

1. HAZRAT ALI AKBAR(AS) LOOKED LIKE PROPHET MUHAMMAD(SAWW).

2. HAZRAT SAKINA(SA) LOOKED LIKE FATIMA ZEHRA (SA).

3 HAZRAT ABBAS(AS) LOOKED LIKE IMAM ALI(AS).

IF HAZRAT ABBAS(AS) LOOKED LIKE IMAM ALI(AS), SO HOW HAZRAT ABBAS(AS) LOOKED LIKE:-

"Hazrat Abbas(as) was a towering and handsome personality. His dauntless courage, supreme confidence and unflinching loyalty earned him many titles. He was called, "Qamar-e-Bani Hashim" (Moon of the Hashimites), because of his imposing appearance. His remarkable horsemanship made him "Syed-ul-Forosan" (the chief of horsemen).

Hazrat Abbas(a.s.) grew up to be a tall and handsome man. He was so tall, that when he sat on a horse his feet touched the ground. He was so handsome that he was known as Qamar-e-Bani Hashim, the Moon of the family of Hashim.

So We can Clearly Predict How Was Imam Ali Ibne Abu Talib(as).......

Edited by shahid123

• 1 month later...

Brother,

IMAM HUSSAIN(AS) TELLS IN KARBALA THAT :-

1. HAZRAT ALI AKBAR(AS) LOOKED LIKE PROPHET MUHAMMAD(SAWW).

2. HAZRAT SAKINA(SA) LOOKED LIKE FATIMA ZEHRA (SA).

3 HAZRAT ABBAS(AS) LOOKED LIKE IMAM ALI(AS).

IF HAZRAT ABBAS(AS) LOOKED LIKE IMAM ALI(AS), SO HOW HAZRAT ABBAS(AS) LOOKED LIKE:-

"Hazrat Abbas(as) was a towering and handsome personality. His dauntless courage, supreme confidence and unflinching loyalty earned him many titles. He was called, "Qamar-e-Bani Hashim" (Moon of the Hashimites), because of his imposing appearance. His remarkable horsemanship made him "Syed-ul-Forosan" (the chief of horsemen).

Hazrat Abbas(a.s.) grew up to be a tall and handsome man. He was so tall, that when he sat on a horse his feet touched the ground. He was so handsome that he was known as Qamar-e-Bani Hashim, the Moon of the family of Hashim.

So We can Clearly Predict How Was Imam Ali Ibne Abu Talib(as).......

My gosh, that is extremely tall.. thats got to be more than 7' feet tall right?

• Advanced Member

We need to be careful what we are discussing and saying here.

We don't wanna be like our Muslim brothers, who are limited to knowing our Prophet (Peace be Upon Him) as 'Medina Walay), 'Kamil Walay', 'GaisooWalay', i.e about physical/materialistic things and that's it.

What we should be discussing or 'attempt' to think what was 'roohani' and rooh of Prophet Muhammed(Peace be Upon Him) and Imams(Peace be Upon Him).

Disclaimer: Not saying we don't have that thinking, this applies to me also to ponder.

Jazakallah Khair.

• Advanced Member

The beauty of Imaan and Taqwaa It lives on forever. No1 remembers the cheekbones of an individual or the jawline or a sixpack. People till this day and till the day of judgement will be mesmerised by his personality

My gosh, that is extremely tall.. thats got to be more than 7' feet tall right?

Well we have "Syed" graves in my mothers village and they are greater then 7ft in length ive seen it with my own eyes.

• 1 month later...

Salaams,

in the quraan he is described as strong, stocky and balding. but it is haraam to draw him.

Where in the Quran does it describe Imam Ali's physical body? As Muslims (and especially shias) we should not just say "quran says this" or "there is a hadith..." unless we bring a proof or a reference.

From my horrible knowledge of Quran, I have not seen any Ayats which describe the physical body of Imam Ali. Please be careful next time when claiming what Quran or Hadiths say.

Jazak Allah Khair

Edited by Mansour Hosseini