Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Significance of 12

Why Most Iranians Hate Khomeini?

Rate this topic

Ever since I came to Canada, every single Iranian I've met has this unimaginable hate for ayatollah khomeini and curse him in the most pathetic and disgusting ways. Not one Iranian i've met has said anything good about him (at least here). While Afghans love him and give him utmost respect. I believe we have some dedicated and knowledged iranians here who could help me understand this issue. Why are these people accusing him for whatever's happening to Iran. They blame him for everything. Was he a political figure that ordered destruction of Iran or was it because he banned women walking around in bikins and men from consuming alcohol and living the french life?

Since i don't have any knowledge of his history and achievements, I can't really argue with them.

Firstly brother, whenever you ask people's opinions you should always look if the sample is one reflective of the society you want to assess.

Iran has an Islamic government.

Iran also has free immigration laws. Meaning, people can leave any time they wish, so long as the country they are going to lets them in. (And if you are a man, you have to either have completed your military service or have a student visa).

Therefore, the people who leave to Iran will of course tend to be irreligious.

When people leave Afghanistan, the main reason is probably economic. For Iran, this is not the case. The main reason people leave Iran is because of political reasons. In fact, the people who leave tend to be well off.

So this is something you need to take into consideration.

As for Emam Khomeini as a leader, I don't think you should rely on hearsay for such things. You should study the man's life and ideas yourself.

Ya Ali

In addition to the reasons above: Some people hate Khomeini because he hanged members of their family for other crimes or infractions of the laws. I believe there was some kind of curfew early during Ayatollah's inception, and he warned people (of all age groups) not to go out in certain streets of Tehran I believe, not sure, because they were scanning the area for MKO supporters that were plotting bomb attacks and so forth. So those that went out to protest, to defy his commands etc (mostly anti-Islamic youth like today's green guys). were subsequently hanged or shot. So they use this as a weapon to hold against him. And claim he's a dictator, blah blah blah etc. even after he stated his reasons for his intent.

Another set of people that held deep contempt toward Ayatollah were drug addicts. He allowed cleric Khalkhali to wipe them out, given that with drugs, comes other problems like theft, murders, prostitution, STD's, and God knows what else. Shortly after his death, Khameini loosened some of Khomeini's laws given that the country became much more stable after the Iran-Iraq war.

This shouldn't be applied to Canadians per say, but the plethora of places where Iranian diaspora may be outside of Iran.

Even women who happened to wear chadors and cover their mouths tightly, and bad mouth Ayatollah Khomeini, are not to be trusted.

Remember in Islam, it is all about the truth. Diasporas more times than not (logically speaking), will have differences with the leaders of the countries they flee.

Be it Chinese, Vietnamese, Iranians, Pakistanis, Mexicans, Latin Americans, Germans, any group, for any particular reason that leave their country.

Edited by ShiaBen

yeah i was watching a al jazeera short segment called " I knew Khomeini". They pretty much showed him as a power hungry lier. And thats the impression that many sunnis take too, since they consider Al Jazerah reliable. So even in the Arabian media they dont portray him as a great person or at least in Al Jazerah

Ever since I came to Canada, every single Iranian I've met has this unimaginable hate for ayatollah khomeini and curse him in the most pathetic and disgusting ways. Not one Iranian i've met has said anything good about him (at least here). While Afghans love him and give him utmost respect. I believe we have some dedicated and knowledged iranians here who could help me understand this issue. Why are these people accusing him for whatever's happening to Iran. They blame him for everything. Was he a political figure that ordered destruction of Iran or was it because he banned women walking around in bikins and men from consuming alcohol and living the french life?

Since i don't have any knowledge of his history and achievements, I can't really argue with them.

Brother,

You Can See them Every Where, They are the Loyals of Shah......If Somebody has Problems in Accepting Islamic Way of Life & Feels Happy in commiting Adultry, & start Cursing Those who try to show them the real Path of Islam...What can you do to them, The Quran Predicts their Behaviour in this world in many chapters & also their End.

"Sumun Bukmun Umun" , "Uolayika Ashabun Naar Hum Fiha Khaliddon"

As for Emam Khomeini as a leader, I don't think you should rely on hearsay for such things. You should study the man's life and ideas yourself.

Brother here is a good starting point for studying Emam Khomeini.

First hand accounts about Emam Khomeini from people who knew him personally.

On 2/4/2011 at 5:30 PM, Significance of 12 said:

...because he banned women walking around in bikins and men from consuming alcohol and living the french life?

^ This

Generally speaking (not always but generally in the west), when Iranis start bad mouthing Imam Khomeini it is a reflection on their own personality. These haywanat do not criticise the Imam in a respectful, academic, scientific or intellectual way; which is perfectly understandable and acceptable to do so. Instead they reduce themselves to spurting out lies and filthy language to attack him on a personal level and bring forward lies and conspiracy theories with not a shred of evidence - and if you disagree they try to make you out as the crazy one. Also just look at what most of the people who hate Imam Khomeini (qas) are like in their personal lives. They usually drink, do drugs, commit zina, use foul language, are not Muslims (even if they are named Muhammad or Ali or Hussein - they don't pray, fast, etc; some don't even know or care how) and are generally just sinful and bad individuals. Again I'm not saying all are, but in my personal experience I have seen that most Iranians who hate the Imam are like this.

I have personally seen people under the influence of both drugs and alcohol (at the same time) launch into unprovoked rants against the Imam. No wonder they hate him, they are evil and oppose anything righteous. For us Iranians, the Imam came and destroyed the idols of our time and swept a wave of righteousness over the land. It is natural for Shaytan to be opposed to this...

On 2/5/2011 at 10:35 PM, repenter said:

1. Majority of the Iranians in foreign countries are either, mojahedeen khalgh, shah lovers, or basically with no religion.

Definitely true. Attending any Irani festivals (new years and all the events surrounding it) you can just see the types of people there. All the flags are shahi flags. All the women are uncovered. Islam doesn't even mean anything (in fact even the 'muslims' will hide their Islamicness and may claim to be zoroastrians)

On 2/5/2011 at 10:35 PM, repenter said:

2. There are plenty of Iranians in the west that love him, but they aren't as loud and obnoxious as the people in question.

I can personally attest to this. We keep our love of the Imam in our hearts and through our actions; and this love shows through what we say. Enemies of the Imam frequently burst into (as you said) loud and obnoxious unprovoked rants attacking this great man on a personal level; and it is this that usually gets all the attention (it's funny how intellectual discussions involving evidence are overshadowed by loud and ignorant rants involving lies, accusations and conspiracy theories - what a sad world we live in).

i also believe there is this kind of illusion in the irreligious iranian mind of "persian pride".they think their so called civilization however true it existed is better or equal to that of islam.they have an empty pride of nationalism that outweighs their sense of belonging to islam.their reasons would not be anything wise.they may even decide to embrace a religion like christianity than be muslim.they believe islam is a product of the arabs who were inferior to persians.i was shocked at the confusion filled in the mind of a 21 (or thereabout) years old iranian boy living in mexico and his hate for islam and even the Prophet (pbuh).i had to delete him on facebook.

Ironically, some of those monarchists, in recent times that have visited Iran in the last 3-4 years ago, from what I heard in California, is that many of them are surprised at the progress Iran has made under the 30+ years of sanctions. They themselves couldn't believe that Iran would last this long. Many of them seem proud irregardless of whether or not the IRI is ruling it, and a much smaller number have kind of learned to "STFU" in regards to their annoying rantings about Islam in general.

One day I was sitting at work with an Iranian Shiite girl born and lived in Iran for 20 years and a lebanese Sunni girl born and brought up in Australia.

In our discussion I asked the Shia girl secretly "do u hate umar and abubakar"

She replied: it's Sunnis who hate them right?

And the Sunni girl sneaked in and said who are those two in discussion. :)

Most people are plitical entusiast in both Sunni and Shia; nothing much to do with religion.

Ya Ali Madad

Ironically, some of those monarchists, in recent times that have visited Iran in the last 3-4 years ago, from what I heard in California, is that many of them are surprised at the progress Iran has made under the 30+ years of sanctions. They themselves couldn't believe that Iran would last this long. Many of them seem proud irregardless of whether or not the IRI is ruling it, and a much smaller number have kind of learned to "STFU" in regards to their annoying rantings about Islam in general.

That is very good to hear ShiaBen that even some of the more irreligious Iranians in Amerikkka respect Iran's greatness today. It is truly a remarkable blessing how strong the Islamic Republic of Iran has become despite all the threats and oppressive economic sanctions of the imperialist West/Zionist against Iran, may Allah(SWT) always keep the Islamic Republic of Iran strong insha Allah!

As for this threads general issue, the thankfully small amount of wretched "Iranian" people you sometimes find in the imperialist West who wickedly hate Imam Khomeini (ra) are mostly, as others have said here, filthy Shah(la) supporters and stupid MKO(la) supporters. They have clearly left the Deen of Allah(SWT), if they ever had it to start with.

The MKO(la) cult even sided with Saddam al-Baathi(la) in the Iran-Iraq war (after Saddam's invasion of Iran)

MKO(la) leader Massoud Rajavi(la) meeting with Saddam al-Baathi(la) in Baghdad

Massoud_Rajavi.jpg

It must be stressed that people trying to use Iranian "exiles" in the West as a sample for what the true feeling of the vast majority of Iranian people is; is simply a very weak method and argument. Iranians in the West are a very small minority of the overall Iranian population when compared to Iran's nearly 73 million person population. The simple fact these (again overall minority) expatriate "Iranian"-Americans (or "Iranian"-Europeans) could afford to leave Iran and set up shop in the West (in Amerikkka a few hundred thousand, sadly mostly Shah supporters, are in Los Angeles) means they are from the upper economic rings of society (i.e. rich people). These rich, aristocrat like criminals are a minority within any nation, but are often very vocal and well connected, in this case especially in the West see CNN, Fox News, etc. In the case of the rich, spoiled "exiles" in Los Angeles, they are mostly straight up Shah(la) supporters who got rich while the Iranian population as a whole (i.e. the Iranian masses) starved under the Shah(la) and then they (this wretched now "exile" minority) had to flee the Islamic Revolution of 1979 so the masses of the formerly oppressed Iranian people wouldn't bring them (or their wicked Shah) to justice. But again these aristocrat like people are overall a very small minority of Iran's nearly 73 million people (nearly 73 million people being the nation of Iran's population today). Iranians love Imam Khomeini (ra), and I've met plenty of Iranians in the West (even middle class folk, living in the "white" suburbs) who do love Imam Khomeini (ra) and in some cases even support President Ahmadinejad (ha): you'd think they'd be "Greenies" (but often no)!

Then you also have the whole sad state of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gharbzadegi were Iranians (like all people who suffered Western colonialism) face the challenge of some people sadly latching on to and longing to be like those (in this case white Europeans) who oppressed you. Thankfully the masses of the Iranian people, the Revolutionary Guards, and the Basij stand against such wicked trends.

Edited by Basra

Some good info I just found:

Wikipedia puts the "Iranian"-American population at between: 326,205[1] - 691,000[2]

And I again note the good Iranian Muslims I have met in Amerikkka itself who while middle class, etc. still have the Deen of Allah(SWT) and fight for justice.

But again let us even say the Western minority of Iranians are allegedly mostly "irreligious" (which I could again refute with examples of good Iranian Muslim in the West) even when we compare the Iranians in the West to the Islamic Republic of Iran's massive population of nearly 73 million people the "Westerners" are nothing and do not at all "show" that Iranian people are allegedly "against" the Islamic system (which they are not). In fact the Iranian people freely elected President Ahmadinejad(ha) and stand by Rahbar Khamenei (ha), Alhamdulillah. Western propagandists also love to trot out a few token "Iranian" Uncle Tom's in the West and try to shoot this out on media that will try to brainwash Iranians. Iranian Muslims must realize this is the whisper of Shaytan, and we Muslims must seek refuge with Allah(SWT) and follow the blessed system of Wilayat al-Faqih that has fought from its very first second against the wicked oppression of the Amerikkkan imperialists and Zionist "Israeli" colonialists. The Muslim Ummah will establish justice, and defeat the oppression of the kuffar, insha Allah. We must be brave and have sabr (patience); we must also work as hard as possible preparing and building ourselves and our Muslim Ummah to fight the demonic imperialist/neo-colonialist forces. This is certainly a form of Jihad going to school, university, work, inventing new things, etc. The more we develop the sooner we will be able to end the strangle hold of colonialist kaafir powers on our blessed Muslim people, insha Allah.

Edited by Basra

Another set of people that held deep contempt toward Ayatollah were drug addicts. He allowed cleric Khalkhali to wipe them out, given that with drugs, comes other problems like theft, murders, prostitution, STD's, and God knows what else. Shortly after his death, Khameini loosened some of Khomeini's laws given that the country became much more stable after the Iran-Iraq war.

They killed drug addicts? Or do you mean to say sellers/dealers?

Allah bless Khomeini..

don't care about those men and women who try to become model or actor, thinking to become carle bruine and nikolas sarkozy.

One day I was sitting at work with an Iranian Shiite girl born and lived in Iran for 20 years and a lebanese Sunni girl born and brought up in Australia.

In our discussion I asked the Shia girl secretly "do u hate umar and abubakar"

She replied: it's Sunnis who hate them right?

And the Sunni girl sneaked in and said who are those two in discussion. :)

Most people are plitical entusiast in both Sunni and Shia; nothing much to do with religion.

Ya Ali Madad

I, once had a debate with a mid 30's iranian women about this, because it did bother me. She gave an explanation which to some extent i agreed too but i don't how much of it is to be blamed on ayatollah khomeini. she said if you're raised in a country that impose evil laws on you and all you see is cruelty in the law, and the ones enforcing it call it Islamic law, wouldn't you naturally grow hatred for Islam while growing up in that community? specially if you don't know the real Islam and all you know it is through your government? she said she doesn't know anything about Islam (she is christian) but the govt. laws were definitely evil and inhumane because of which people were so distressed and had enough of it that they denounced Islam as a whole, only because of a corrupt govt. system. Then this other Old man started cursing all of them, from the prophets to the imams, then all the way to the govt of iran, simply stating that they took away democracy and killed 1000's of men and are still killing us and opressing us and Khomeini is to be blamed for all of this. Very shallow of him but thats what he believed.

I, once had a debate with a mid 30's iranian women about this, because it did bother me. She gave an explanation which to some extent i agreed too but i don't how much of it is to be blamed on ayatollah khomeini. she said if you're raised in a country that impose evil laws on you and all you see is cruelty in the law, and the ones enforcing it call it Islamic law, wouldn't you naturally grow hatred for Islam while growing up in that community? specially if you don't know the real Islam and all you know it is through your government? she said she doesn't know anything about Islam (she is christian) but the govt. laws were definitely evil and inhumane because of which people were so distressed and had enough of it that they denounced Islam as a whole, only because of a corrupt govt. system. Then this other Old man started cursing all of them, from the prophets to the imams, then all the way to the govt of iran, simply stating that they took away democracy and killed 1000's of men and are still killing us and opressing us and Khomeini is to be blamed for all of this. Very shallow of him but thats what he believed.

First The Islamic Republic of Iran implements proper Islamic law based on the Holy Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) and the Holy Ahl al-Bayt (as). Anyone who criticizes the Islamic Republic for implementing what Allah(SWT) decreed needs to repent to Allah(SWT). I think your basing what your saying about the Islamic Republic of Iran on the words of a few corrupt Shah(la) supporters and secularists in the West. Again using exiles as a source is not valid, because they are such a small minority when compared to the overall massive population of Iran (over 70 million people in number). The "Iranian" exile minority in the West are again most often rich people who were associated with the Shah(la) to some extent who had to flee (just like the Shah) to escape the wrath of the Iranian Muslim masses in the blessed Islamic Revolution of 1979. These wretched Shah(la) supporters are a small group of people, they just are rich (from their theft of Iran's wealth as a close clique right below the Shah) and able to easily access Zionist Jewish owned Western media sources where they live in exile. Again you don't see average Iranians speaking on CNN or Fox (Faux) "News"! You see relatives of the Shah(la) and other members of this accursed minority of "Iranian" Uncle Tom Shah(la) supporters who managed to flee the wrath of the Iranian Muslim nation.

Issues like what you are speaking of (using these few Western Shah supporters) were spoken of and handled very well in an earlier thread, I recommend it!

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/234968731-the-lowest-moque-attendance-of-any-islamic-country/

Poster: baradar_jackson

Post #- 60

Quote- Nima why do you insist upon using the Iranian diaspora as being representative of Iran as a whole?

The diaspora is a bad sample because it consists only of people who can afford to leave the country and establish a life in a foreign country. This is a very limited sample because it consists of elites and petit bourgeois. You don't see any Iranian farmers or workers going to Europe.

Rich people tend to be less religious than poor people; this is a universal trend.

end quote.

Edited by Basra

Not a big deal that iranian diaspora hate Khomeini

it's like the vietnamese diaspora in us and france most of them were against the communist regime that's why they left

but if you take a look on the Iranian living in Iran they are very proud of what Khomeini done and without an indefectible support of the masses Khomeini would never done what he made (removing a westernized strong monarchy and turn it into an Islamic Republic).

Edited by ZulfiSaifedDinFsblh

Not a big deal that iranian diaspora hate Khomeini

it's like the vietnamese diaspora in us and france most of them were against the communist regime that's why they left

but if you take a look on the Iranian living in Iran they are very proud of what Khomeini done and without an indefectible support of the masses Khomeini would never done what he made (removing a westernized strong monarchy and turn it into an Islamic Republic).

Your 100% correct my brother. This is the case in every revolution, there is always a small minority of wealthy elites (who got wealthy via their association with the Western backed monarch/dictator) who manage to flee justice and get away from the revolution of the masses. In the case of the Islamic Revolution in Iran the bulk of these Shah(la) supporting oppressive elites went to Los Angeles, California in the United States of Amerikkka. I believe I heard there is at least a few hundred thousand of these "Iranian" Uncle Toms in Los Angeles alone (making up the vast bulk of the "Iranian" population in Amerikkka). These cronies of the Shah(la)'s inner-circle now often appear on Western propaganda media (controlled by the Zionists) and try to mislead the Muslim people of Iran. But insha Allah those kaafirs evil plans will never succeed.

Edited by Basra

First The Islamic Republic of Iran implements proper Islamic law based on the Holy Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) and the Holy Ahl al-Bayt (as). Anyone who criticizes the Islamic Republic for implementing what Allah(SWT) decreed needs to repent to Allah(SWT). I think your basing what your saying about the Islamic Republic of Iran on the words of a few corrupt Shah(la) supporters and secularists in the West. .

I strongly disagree on this matter. How is Iran implementing proper Islamic laws by stoning people to death? how is Islamic law being implemented by hanging poor girls til death because they were rape victims and the accused was a govt./political figure? How is Allah's law being put into action, when they go house to house in mashad and threw afghans out of their houses and sent them back to their land while their poor children hadn't even returned from school?

Islamic republic of Iran has nothing Islamic in it. Matter of fact, no Islamic govt has anything Islamic in it. I understand your love for your country (if you're Iranian) but truth stands clear, doesn't it? One afghan poet once said, I went to the east, I saw Muslims but no Islam, I went to the west, i saw Islam but no muslims....or something like that.

You started with this:

While Afghans love him and give him utmost respect.

Then you post this.

How is Allah's law being put into action, when they go house to house in mashad and threw afghans out of their houses and sent them back to their land while their poor children hadn't even returned from school?

Hope you can see the inconsistency.

Islamic republic of Iran has nothing Islamic in it.

In the context of your obvious expertise in this topic, I think the IRI would take this as a compliment.

Hope you can see the inconsistency.

In the context of your obvious expertise in this topic, I think the IRI would take this as a compliment.

it is consistent....in the sense that Afghans have utmost respect for Ayatollah Khomeini but he never ordered to get them kicked out of Iran. But the so-called "Islamic republic" is carrying out what i've listed. I don't think what they're doing now has anything to do with Khomeini. I request you read my post without any prejudice ( if any). But its not just about Afghans, its what they're doing to Iranians too, and now this uprising by students and all. these 1000s of civilians can't be all wrong.

And my apologies if I, in any way, showed my expertise, if I was an expert, I wouldn't post this question here. Im just stating my opinion from what I've seen. My blood boils when I see people using Islam as a tool/weapon to suite their desires.

Edited by Significance of 12

I strongly disagree on this matter. How is Iran implementing proper Islamic laws by stoning people to death? how is Islamic law being implemented by hanging poor girls til death because they were rape victims and the accused was a govt./political figure? How is Allah's law being put into action, when they go house to house in mashad and threw afghans out of their houses and sent them back to their land while their poor children hadn't even returned from school?

Islamic republic of Iran has nothing Islamic in it. Matter of fact, no Islamic govt has anything Islamic in it. I understand your love for your country (if you're Iranian) but truth stands clear, doesn't it? One afghan poet once said, I went to the east, I saw Muslims but no Islam, I went to the west, i saw Islam but no muslims....or something like that.

Your thread topic was misleading. You were pretending to be inquisitive when it turns out you already have your mind made up.

Your thread topic was misleading. You were pretending to be inquisitive when it turns out you already have your mind made up.

read my post #26, i was not pretending to be inquisitive, but if thats how you look at things, then all the power to you. you guys are mixing up the issue of Khomeini with current political structure of Iran, while I made it clear about what i was inquiring about.

But its not just about Afghans, its what they're doing to Iranians too, and now this uprising by students and all. these 1000s of civilians can't be all wrong.

And my apologies if I, in any way, showed my expertise, if I was an expert, I wouldn't post this question here. Im just stating my opinion from what I've seen. My blood boils when I see people using Islam as a tool/weapon to suite their desires.

You are attempting to show your 'expertise' by lobbing in a few anecdotal stories, which lack background and explanation and from these anecdotes you are attempting to draw some conclusions.

To the observer it seems clear that you have a pre-formed opinion and you are simply trying to justify it on very flimsy evidence indeed.

Take the example of Afghan refugees. Iran is internationally acknowledged as having one of the largest refugee communities in the world and one which it treats far more sympathetically (compared to other countries) given its own economic situation.

Secondly the thousands of civilians who protest against the regime are not wrong, they have their opinion. Unfortunately for you, they are more than matched by the many more civilians that the regime is able to bring out in its own defence.

The Egyptian government tried something similar, but it couldn't.

You are attempting to show your 'expertise' by lobbing in a few anecdotal stories, which lack background and explanation and from these anecdotes you are attempting to draw some conclusions.

To the observer it seems clear that you have a pre-formed opinion and you are simply trying to justify it on very flimsy evidence indeed.

Take the example of Afghan refugees. Iran is internationally acknowledged as having one of the largest refugee communities in the world and one which it treats far more sympathetically (compared to other countries) given its own economic situation.

Secondly the thousands of civilians who protest against the regime are not wrong, they have their opinion. Unfortunately for you, they are more than matched by the many more civilians that the regime is able to bring out in its own defense.

The Egyptian government tried something similar, but it couldn't.

If you wanna be hard headed about it as i said before, by all means, but please do it at an appropriate thread. this is just taking us away from the topic of this thread. I DO have a pre-formed opinion, and that's not exclusively to Iran, but to all so-called Islamic countries. I lived in Iran more than I lived in Afghanistan (5 years compared to 8 months of infancy), therefore, i have deep attachments to that country. also i grew up thinking Iran is the biggest shi'a country and the central school of shi'a studies. So please don't bring those differences here, on this thread.

if the example of afghans really disturbs you then you can scratch that off. but are you really convinced Iran is implementing the laws of Allah and the prophet's sunnah??? I highly doubt so. Even still, my question is about majority of iranians in north america hating khomeini.

So can we please get back on track now?

Do i really need to remind you of Sakineh Mohammadi, just one example for now: http://freesakineh.org/

Please tell me that was Islamic.

Edited by Significance of 12

If you wanna be hard headed about it as i said before, by all means, but please do it at an appropriate thread. this is just taking us away from the topic of this thread.

Well it's you who is bringing up all these varied points, I was just rebutting them. The starting point for using a discussion board is to have a clear idea as to what you want to talk about.

You started with expat Iranians hating the IRI and as people pointed out to you, this is not entirely unexpected. I have come across a number of these people in the UK and what remains unexplained is how a country that is so poor and which treats everyone so badly nevertheless managed to provide these people with enough financial capital to start businesses, buy property and join expensive health clubs.

You've then moved onto the idea that the IRI is not Islamic and you've given some poor examples to support your assertion and you're none too pleased when they're rebutted.

I suggest you go back to the drawing board and draw up a list of "Reasons why I hate the IRI'. Then decide which of these reasons have something in common that they can be put into a specific thread. For each new group of ideas start a new thread.

If you are not sure about the coherence of a group of ideas, make a list on this thread and we'll tell you.

For example when you are arguing that the IRI is not Islamic it does not make a lot of sense to put in references to the Green movement, upholding Islam does not appear to be one of their priorities.

So before you go any further make sure you decide which point of view you want to attack the IRI from. Is it that it is not Islamic enough or not liberal enough. Bear in mind that posters who try to make both points (as you seem to have done) look somewhat bizarre.

Do i really need to remind you of Sakineh Mohammadi, just one example for now: http://freesakineh.org/

Please tell me that was Islamic.

Sorry but this is another example of your confusion.

Elsewhere you question the Islamic credentials of the IRI. Yet here you link to a freedom campaign whose supporters (see your link), include such well known Muslim scholars as Salman Rushdie, Irshad Manji and Ian McEwan. Actually they are well known Islamophobes.

Well it's you who is bringing up all these varied points, I was just rebutting them. The starting point for using a discussion board is to have a clear idea as to what you want to talk about.

You started with expat Iranians hating the IRI and as people pointed out to you, this is not entirely unexpected. I have come across a number of these people in the UK and what remains unexplained is how a country that is so poor and which treats everyone so badly nevertheless managed to provide these people with enough financial capital to start businesses, buy property and join expensive health clubs.

You've then moved onto the idea that the IRI is not Islamic and you've given some poor examples to support your assertion and you're none too pleased when they're rebutted.

I suggest you go back to the drawing board and draw up a list of "Reasons why I hate the IRI'. Then decide which of these reasons have something in common that they can be put into a specific thread. For each new group of ideas start a new thread.

If you are not sure about the coherence of a group of ideas, make a list on this thread and we'll tell you.

For example when you are arguing that the IRI is not Islamic it does not make a lot of sense to put in references to the Green movement, upholding Islam does not appear to be one of their priorities.

So before you go any further make sure you decide which point of view you want to attack the IRI from. Is it that it is not Islamic enough or not liberal enough. Bear in mind that posters who try to make both points (as you seem to have done) look somewhat bizarre.

What I wanted to talk about got discussed and explained till post #21, and to be honest it did clear up my mind about the confusions i had. But this barbie-drama started when IRI was decorated with Islamic Law and thats where it all started going off-road. For a mod, you really didn't go through the thread at all, did you? Me hating IRI or loving them, makes no difference, not to me, not to you, not to anyone, so thats irrelevant. And every example i give you, you will throw it away calling it poor examples, kind of like what Americans do to new evidence calling it "conspiracy theory".

I must admit i'm new to this site and have just started looking into world issues, and im not familiar with the term "green movement".

Elsewhere you question the Islamic credentials of the IRI. Yet here you link to a freedom campaign whose supporters (see your link), include such well known Muslim scholars as Salman Rushdie, Irshad Manji and Ian McEwan. Actually they are well known Islamophobes.

So we abondon the truth cuz its backed up by "Islamophobes"?

(salam)

Ever since I came to Canada, every single Iranian I've met has this unimaginable hate for ayatollah khomeini and curse him in the most pathetic and disgusting ways. Not one Iranian i've met has said anything good about him (at least here).

Seems like you might been hanging around too between Younge & Steeles and Yonge & Finch. Canada has a very large Iranian population and majority of them are all Shah-lovers. So in other words, you might be meeting up with the wrong Iranians.

Why don't you go to the Iranian mosque in Canada and see if you still see the same reaction?

Wassalam

Edited by Aal-e-Imran