Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Brothers And Sisters, Your Freedom Is Near!

Rate this topic

Basra

• Basic Members

I don't know how old you are but you should start listening to what people tell you instead of sealing your mind from anything but what you already think. For instance you went on about majorities and don't know what you are talking about. I don't know why I am wasting my time but I will go own. Whatever the issue is because "X" opinion is the majority and carries a vote or election does not mean the minority is to be treated as a beaten down loser. The majority can not violate the rights of the minority. This applies to majorities and minorities the winners and losers in elections but also in the demographics of the population pertaining to race, religion, color, or creed. The minority religions are not restricted in any to conform with the majority religion. It is about equal protection under the law for everybody not only the majority. Are you with me so far? Instead of using Americas weaknesses in the past to try to discredit democracy why not look at how

America has grown abd give us a little credit.

Do you understand how having laws favoring one religion causes the others to suffer, suffering in ways like not being allowed to attend university or having to be careful of what they say about their own religion for fear of insulting the majority religion. Do you think denying higher education because of a person's religion is proper, or can you see how making the majorities religion's rules criminal law to be imposed on everyone is discriminatory or do you think it proper for a Muslim to be hung for saying "Allah Akbar" in a Christian majority nation or even a crime at all.

Think about these things before you answer.

I want to congratulale my self because i just have found somebody who may explain well "what is really the majority rule and minority right?". Here is one religious class and another religious class; and there is one social class(race, economy, colour, etc.) and another class. In later case,particularly, the majority enjoys its interest and the minorty must abide by the interests and rules of the majority. If i am right, here is my question: where is the right of the minority? Dont try to tell me about constitution as it too is made by the majority and religious books are more liable to fairness as they are supposed to be of Divine. I am very unhappy to tell you that rather it is you who sealed your mind. Please try to know what the laws of people whom you accuse them of tyranny, terrorism, inhumanism, etc. says about such issues. Unlike yours, you will find Minorities have guaranteed rights which are independent of the interests of any class.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Basic Members

I am old enough to not question people's ages and/or how much they know on forums. Instead, I read logic and good points if anyone is able to make on this forum. That is why it is called a dictatorial system hidden under democracy, that even expects everyone to agree with them even on political forums such as this.

And 'no' you are WRONG. Democracy has nothing to do with asking for rights of people of different races or religions... GO STUDY HISTORY and when democracy came into existence..... I provided you EXAMPLES. I did not discredit this country or that country... It was only for the aim of clarification.

Of course Muslims were banned from US university for chanting 'Allahu Akbar' and protesting a CRIMINAL Zionist ambassador presence in their college (in California)... THEY WERE CHARGED by the US courts. Check the news for updates. All SECULAR OR RELIGIOUS countries and societies have their own standards for social and judicial affairs. We are not discussion 'social life' under the governments where you bring up all these unrelated topics and how laws should be drafted under a democracy. Terry Jones burns the Quran and demands for an international burning Quran day' and is allowed under US laws and the so called democracy. But, the same guy is banned from traveling to Britain for the same reasons... NOW in these two western countries which one is for democracy and who is against democracy?

Israel is known as the only democracy in the ME in the eyes of western politicians, can you tell me what is this democracy? What kind of definition and laws and basis are for this so called democracy? Is it the values we are talking about? Laws? Type of Government? Economic system? BECAUSE, I don't see anything human in the so called 'the only democracy' in the ME... All I see is RACISM, discrimination, will of majority under the feet of some European immigrants, murder, terrorism, assassination, and you name it... done and carried by Israel.

i like this one! Thank you for the last information! I have been following all the threads about this the so called democracy. I want your opinion here. I dont waste time to explain that democracy is a system by which the interest of the people is...whether it is evil or good so long the majority like it. Here is my problem: how do you put "enjoining good and forbidding evil" with this democracy?

• Advanced Member
]I believe you represent a different planet. Secularism been the most successful at protecting freedom? lol

I don't know what you mean by "secularism". Secularism is just a concept. A secular democracy is a type of government. The two are not the same.

It's really annoying when people go on long diatribe based on a clear misreading or misunderstanding. That's exactly what Noah has done here, but I will indulge him.

The way Shias are supported in secular Bahrain

Bahrain is a monarchy, not a secular democracy.

in Saddam's Iraq?

Saddam's Iraq was a dictatorship, not a secular democracy.

Muslims are protected in the US?

Yes, Muslims are protected in the US, and quite well.

In Russia?

Russia, hahaha. I can only laugh at the prospect of someone calling them a secular democracy.

In Germany?

Yes, Germany also protects the rights of Muslims quite well.

oh wait the secular and non-religious governments like Azerbaijan

Azerbaijan has never been a true secular democracy, unfortunately. They have been a colony, first of Russia, now of the West. They are closer to being fascist than anything else.

Tajikistan

Tajikistan is another fake democracy, thanks to foreign intervention, unfortunately.

China?

China is not a secular democracy.

Secularism is not a magic number, it is man-made nonreligious governments.

Do people realize that there are more than 198 countries around the world on earth? The planet earth is not only made up from Iran, Saudi, France and Canada. Out of 198 countries only 3-4 countries run by religious laws, all others are SECULARIST governments of different forms... yea, that is right... And now you tell me that religious minorities have no problem in 194 countries of the world and all world problems are resolved except 4 countries..?

You obviously do not understand the difference between secularism and a secular democracy. A secular dictatorship is also not the same as a secular democracy.

I only ask you to be realistic!

I ask the same of you. I am talking about secular democracies, specifically. If you have difficulty with the precision of my argument, I suggest you try harder to understand.

btw: It is a common mood and idea, especially in the west, they say Muslims or Israel/Palestine or others can not have democracy because they do not have democratic values. They bring up this "value" thing, which by definition and by practice never been part of democratic

I don't know if such a "common mood" exists, but I don't agree with it, regardless. I believe everyone is capable of self governance. The US government has been hypocritical on this issue and it frustrates me to no end.

Edited by Papples

• Veteran Member

I don't know what you mean by "secularism". Secularism is just a concept. A secular democracy is a type of government. The two are not the same.

Russia, hahaha. I can only laugh at the prospect of someone calling them a secular democracy.

Azerbaijan has never been a true secular democracy, unfortunately. They have been a colony, first of Russia, now of the West. They are closer to being fascist than anything else.

Tajikistan is another fake democracy, thanks to foreign intervention, unfortunately.

You obviously do not understand the difference between secularism and a secular democracy. A secular dictatorship is also not the same as a secular democracy.

I ask the same of you. I am talking about secular democracies, specifically. If you have difficulty with the precision of my argument, I suggest you try harder to understand.

I don't know if such a "common mood" exists, but I don't agree with it, regardless. I believe everyone is capable of self governance. The US government has been hypocritical on this issue and it frustrates me to no end.

To conclude your 'yes and no' reply, you mean the bloc who belonged to Western Capitalist side of cold war era are countries with secular democracy and they are good..:D All other countries are bad. So at least we have someone here who is not only blaming Iran for everything. But, anyhow, I am not sure if you followed the discussion very well. We were discussing in general the term democracy and how it might play in Egypt and if Islamists are able to elect their party to form the Egyptian government plus putting all the blame on religious governments... Now you come here and teaching us of how every single government operates and if there is a difference between monarchy in Bahrain and the Queen of England being a symbol of British Empire in Canada.

• Advanced Member
To conclude your 'yes and no' reply, you mean the bloc who belonged to Western Capitalist side of cold war era are countries with secular democracy and they are good..:D

I wouldn't necessarily say they are "good", but they have been the best at protecting the religious freedom of their own citizens.

All other countries are bad.

Nope. They're not all bad. All I'm saying is that secular democracies have the best track record of protecting the religious freedom of their own citizens.

So at least we have someone here who is not only blaming Iran for everything.

Huh? I don't blame Iran for anything. However, the US government deserves a lot of the blame for the current condition of Iran, starting with the coup in 1953.

But, anyhow, I am not sure if you followed the discussion very well. We were discussing in general the term democracy and how it might play in Egypt and if Islamists are able to elect their party to form the Egyptian government plus putting all the blame on religious governments...

Yes, I understand the discussion. I'm only making the point that an Islamic democracy would be less effective (than a secular democracy) at protecting the religious freedoms of non Muslims. That's all I'm saying.

Now you come here and teaching us of how every single government operates and if there is a difference between monarchy in Bahrain and the Queen of England being a symbol of British Empire in Canada.

There is a pretty big difference. The British monarchy has no actual power. The queen cannot create or change the law. She cannot start a war. She is simply a figurehead, a mascot. The king of Bahrain has real power.

I am violating my self imposed rule but you must be very young and naive that you believe almost anything.

And 'no' you are WRONG. Democracy has nothing to do with asking for rights of people of different races or religions... GO STUDY HISTORY and when democracy came into existence..... I provided you EXAMPLES. I did not discredit this country or that country... It was only for the aim of clarification. :wacko:

Asking for rights, what are you talking about? Do you have a reading disability because this makes no sense.

Of course Muslims were banned from US university for chanting 'Allahu Akbar' and protesting a CRIMINAL Zionist ambassador presence in their college (in California)... THEY WERE CHARGED by the US courts. Check the news for updates. All SECULAR OR RELIGIOUS countries and societies have their own standards for social and judicial affairs. We are not discussion 'social life' under the governments where you bring up all these unrelated topics and how laws should be drafted under a democracy. Terry Jones burns the Quran and demands for an international burning Quran day' and is allowed under US laws and the so called democracy. But, the same guy is banned from traveling to Britain for the same reasons... NOW in these two western countries which one is for democracy and who is against democracy? :wacko:

This is total bull[Edited Out], where do you get it. Just to set your mind straight that idiot terry Jones did not burn a Quran, but he could have if he wanted because we don't have laws respecting religion, damn son to you get it! :wacko:

You are really out of control. I do regret playing a part in your unhinging :wacko: :wacko: .

Edited by satyaban

It's really annoying when people go on long diatribe based on a clear misreading or misunderstanding. That's exactly what Noah has done here, but I will indulge him.

I am afraid our young friend Noah is hanging on to reality by a thread and close to being incoherent. He and I traded posts on a thread about Azerbaijan and he was OK then but he is real gone now.

• Advanced Member
Of course Muslims were banned from US university for chanting 'Allahu Akbar' and protesting a CRIMINAL Zionist ambassador presence in their college (in California)... THEY WERE CHARGED by the US courts. Check the news for updates.

Can you provide a link for this specific incident?

Terry Jones burns the Quran and demands for an international burning Quran day' and is allowed under US laws and the so called democracy. But, the same guy is banned from traveling to Britain for the same reasons... NOW in these two western countries which one is for democracy and who is against democracy?

This is pretty simple to understand. The US has stronger free speech rights than Britain (and the rest of Europe). In the US, you can burn any book you want, including the Quran and the Bible. You can also deny the Holocaust. Basically, in the US the freedom of speech includes to freedom to be offensive. Europeans aren't so open-minded, so they have more restrictions. That said, Europe is generally more open-minded than the US about issues concerning sex (you'll find more nudity on television in Europe than in the US).

One area where the US and Europeans are in agreement is that criticism of the government must always be allowed. That is of paramount importance.

Edited by Papples

This is pretty simple to understand. The US has stronger free speech rights than Britain (and the rest of Europe). In the US, you can burn any book you want, including the Quran and the Bible. You can also deny the Holocaust. Basically, in the US the freedom of speech includes to freedom to be offensive. Europeans aren't so open-minded, so they have more restrictions. That said, Europe is generally more open-minded than the US about issues concerning sex (you'll find more nudity on television in Europe than in the US).

One area where the US and Europeans are in agreement is that criticism of the government must always be allowed. That is of paramount importance.

Good job! I also understand that Britain has some other controls on the press. Don't they have a gag rule pertaining to trials and defendants like once a person is charged they are restricted on what they can report until the trial is over?

• Veteran Member

I am violating my self imposed rule but you must be very young and naive that you believe almost anything.

Asking for rights, what are you talking about? Do you have a reading disability because this makes no sense.

1. Just quote something and reply...why you make a mess of the post (with different colors) where I am not sure which one is my text and which one is yours.

2. I am young and naive? But, you seem too old to be on this forum. Your brain is not functioning well, why don't you instead join some senior clubs and spend the rest of your time in peace?

This is total bull[Edited Out], where do you get it. Just to set your mind straight that idiot terry Jones did not burn a Quran, but he could have if he wanted because we don't have laws respecting religion, damn son to you get it! :wacko:

Yea, whenever you can not answer something then it is totally bs and you can not take it anymore? lol :D Where do I get what? US Muslim students charged for protesting? Or Terry Jones making International burn a Quran? Or he can't travel to the UK?

Before you continue BS: the point was not how free he is to burn a Quran.... the point was how the democratic system worked, where you drew some standards for it and claimed 100s of BS where you could not provide any answer... the simple question was which one is doing wrong, two western countries?

You are really out of control. I do regret playing a part in your unhinging :wacko: :wacko: .

Yea, go screw yourself... You are ashamed of US policies..and how it failed in Egypt..backing a dictator and you were all silenced..now that the people revolt all a sudden you chant "oh wait, it was Iran's fault, there is no freedom over there" yea right everything is linked to Iran's disputed election, we all should be worried about that. Then that makes you happy and I will be under control.

Eleven University of California students were charged on Friday with misdemeanors for disrupting a speech by the Israeli ambassador to the United States last year.

Ambassador Michael Oren visited the UC Irvine campus on February 8, 2010. Students, believed to be members of the Muslim Student Union, repeatedly interrupted his speech, accusing him of such things as propagating murder and being a war criminal.

Orange County's district attorney says that the students planned the protest and he has hit them with charges that could send them to jail for up to six months, according to The Orange County Register. Each student is charged with one misdemeanor count of conspiring to disrupt a meeting and one misdemeanor count of disrupting a meeting.

The case of the so-called "Irvine 11" has tested interpretations of the First Amendment. ....Read More

Exactly that was my point, these differences exist in the so called democratic countries... but if we see a difference in practice of freedom in different countries (especially Muslim countries) then that automatically make them dictatorships and anti-human rights countries..but if these differences exist between western countries, then no one will ever question them. For example if this guy was trying to travel to Iran and he was denied entry, satyaban would have claimed that 'of course we have freedom of this and that in the US, but since Iran is religious dictatorship, the guy cannot be tolerated over there' And last thing, you are picking up some details and examples from the replies I make without following the point of the discussion and then answering those...please pay attention to the theme of the main argument before going on and on and defining things.

• Advanced Member
Eleven University of California students were charged on Friday with misdemeanors for disrupting a speech by the Israeli ambassador to the United States last year.

Ambassador Michael Oren visited the UC Irvine campus on February 8, 2010. Students, believed to be members of the Muslim Student Union, repeatedly interrupted his speech, accusing him of such things as propagating murder and being a war criminal.

Orange County's district attorney says that the students planned the protest and he has hit them with charges that could send them to jail for up to six months, according to The Orange County Register. Each student is charged with one misdemeanor count of conspiring to disrupt a meeting and one misdemeanor count of disrupting a meeting.

The case of the so-called "Irvine 11" has tested interpretations of the First Amendment. ....Read More

This is a grey area. They were interfering with someone else's right to free speech. I'm not sure if I agree with the charges (there's probably more information that we don't know) and they haven't been convicted of anything yet, so I would hold out judgment until the trial has completed.

If these Muslim students weren't trying to silence someone else, there would be no charges. It's unfair to look at this as a case of Muslims being silenced because that is clearly not the case. This is a case of Muslims trying to silence a Jew. I personally hope they are not convicted, but it's not the worst thing in the world if they are because they were trying to silence someone else.

Exactly that was my point, these differences exist in the so called democratic countries... but if we see a difference in practice of freedom in different countries (especially Muslim countries) then that automatically make them dictatorships and anti-human rights countries..but if these differences exist between western countries, then no one will ever question them. For example if this guy was trying to travel to Iran and he was denied entry, satyaban would have claimed that 'of course we have freedom of this and that in the US, but since Iran is religious dictatorship, the guy cannot be tolerated over there' And last thing, you are picking up some details and examples from the replies I make without following the point of the discussion and then answering those...please pay attention to the theme of the main argument before going on and on and defining things.

This is a false equivalence. Barring a bigot from entering your country is not morally equivalent to imprisoning people who speak out against their own government. The latter is much, much worse. You seem to use the false equivalence fallacy a lot.

http://furrybrowndog.wordpress.com/2009/07/22/the-fallacy-of-false-equivalence/

http://wakingupnow.com/blog/false-equivalence

And to say that "no one ever questions them" with regards to differences between Western countries is simply not true. There is a LOT of questioning that goes on. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

Edited by Papples

• Veteran Member

This is a grey area. They were interfering with someone else's right to free speech. I'm not sure if I agree with the charges (there's probably more information that we don't know) and they haven't been convicted of anything yet, so I would hold out judgment until the trial has completed.

If these Muslim students weren't trying to silence someone else, there would be no charges. It's unfair to look at this as a case of Muslims being silenced because that is clearly not the case. This is a case of Muslims trying to silence a Jew. I personally hope they are not convicted, but it's not the worst thing in the world if they are because they were trying to silence someone else.

This is a false equivalence. Barring a bigot from entering your country is not morally equivalent to imprisoning people who speak out against their own government. The latter is much, much worse. You seem to use the false equivalence fallacy a lot.

LOL I guess I am done with you. You are not sure if you agree with charges but ahum ahum... let me give them some excuses ... ummm haaa ohhh yea, It was some interfering with someone speech and bla blah blah...

Israeli ambassador becomes a Jew, but Libyan president becomes a Muslim dictator? A supporter of terror? Muslims called the ambassador a murderer because he is a Jew? lol Oh wait... you might be right, we see Muslims everyday on American streets calling every Jew on the street a murderer... What kind of logic and explanation was that? I thought you could do better.

Yea, of course the Muslims were trying to protest someone really SPECIAL, the ZIONIST ambassador, God forbids if someone does that. No rule and no democracy ever applies here... Not in Israel nor for any Israelis in other parts of the world. Because we are puppets, the same puppets who call to free a few criminals MKO terrorists in Iranians prisons and call them students for democracy speaking against their government. Enough is enough. Hypocrisy to its highest limits. And son, don't waste our time here with our biased, doublestandard attitudes.

• Advanced Member

LOL I guess I am done with you. You are not sure if you agree with charges but ahum ahum... let me give them some excuses ... ummm haaa ohhh yea, It was some interfering with someone speech and bla blah blah...

As I said, it's a grey area because you have competing civil rights involved and we don't know all of the facts. I don't have enough information to reach any solid conclusion. I am not the type of person to jump to a conclusion without enough information simply because of my ideology. You seem to be the type of person who does.

Israeli ambassador becomes a Jew, but Libyan president becomes a Muslim dictator? A supporter of terror? Muslims called the ambassador a murderer because he is a Jew? lol Oh wait... you might be right, we see Muslims everyday on American streets calling every Jew on the street a murderer... What kind of logic and explanation was that? I thought you could do better.

What are you talking about? I said nothing about a Libyan dictator. You are just putting words into my mouth that I never said. That is disingenuous.

Yea, of course the Muslims were trying to protest someone really SPECIAL, the ZIONIST ambassador, God forbids if someone does that. No rule and no democracy ever applies here... Not in Israel nor for any Israelis in other parts of the world. Because we are puppets, the same puppets who call to free a few criminals MKO terrorists in Iranians prisons and call them students for democracy speaking against their government. Enough is enough. Hypocrisy to its highest limits. And son, don't waste our time here with our biased, doublestandard attitudes.

What you call a double standard I call attention to detail. I want more information before I reach a solid conclusion.

Edited by Papples

• Advanced Member

Stop your distortion of reality ,propaganda and hijacking this thread.

This is exactly what you're doing, my dear old mental patient. Your propaganda and lies don't fool anyone and your agenda is pretty clear as well. Go support your raping US in Iraq, that you love so much.

This is exactly what you're doing, my dear old mental patient. Your propaganda and lies don't fool anyone and your agenda is pretty clear as well. Go support your raping US in Iraq, that you love so much.

Of course you are right and I thank you for holding me accountable.

I want to congratulale my self because i just have found somebody who may explain well "what is really the majority rule and minority right?". Here is one religious class and another religious class; and there is one social class(race, economy, colour, etc.) and another class. In later case,particularly, the majority enjoys its interest and the minorty must abide by the interests and rules of the majority. If i am right, here is my question: where is the right of the minority? Dont try to tell me about constitution as it too is made by the majority and religious books are more liable to fairness as they are supposed to be of Divine. I am very unhappy to tell you that rather it is you who sealed your mind. Please try to know what the laws of people whom you accuse them of tyranny, terrorism, inhumanism, etc. says about such issues. Unlike yours, you will find Minorities have guaranteed rights which are independent of the interests of any class.

I am sorry if I caused you embarrassment. I should have taken into account your most probable inability to understand what I was explaining in the simplest of terms.

• Advanced Member

I am sorry if I caused you embarrassment. I should have taken into account your most probable inability to understand what I was explaining in the simplest of terms.

Don't kid yourself saty, a mental patient such as yourself is unable to cause anyone any embarrassment. Your mere existence is an embarrassment to this entire world.

Edited by Zay

• Advanced Member

I greatly admire the Egyptian demonstrators for what they have accomplished. I think people like Wael Ghonim and Asmaa Mahfouz deserve to win the Nobel Peace prize. What we witnessed was a peaceful revolution almost like the one in East Germany in 1989.

The Muslim Brotherhood includes a wider spectrum of political opinions, but overall I consider them to be a potentially very dangerous movement.

I hope we can all agree that we can’t tolerate intolerance, whether it’s the intolerant ultra-conservative Christian Right movement in the US or the Muslim Brotherhood in the Arab world.

“In a 2008 interview Muslim Brotherhood Executive Bureau member Mahmoud Ghozlan emphasized that homosexuality needed to be outlawed.

He also insisted that ‘women and non-Muslims don’t have the right to lead or govern Muslim states,’ echoing the sharia-based gender segregation in all sectors of life called for by Muslim Brotherhood founder al-Banna.”

http://www.progressivefix.com/nine-questions-about-the-muslim-brotherhood

Eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty. And the Egyptians who ended a tyranny don't want it replaced by another tyranny. I really hope that Egypt becomes a truly secular country, similar to Turkey, with freedom of religion and freedom of thought. Egyptians must also get the right to not believe in God.

The Egyptian Revolution showed us something else too: Tolerant Muslims and tolerant Christians can unite and fight off tyranny and intolerance together.

"During the night of 3–4 February, there were tanks on the street in Cairo as many of the protesters again spent the night in Tahrir Square. Two million Egyptians flooded Tahrir Square to participate in Friday day prayer in Tahrir Square. Egyptian Christians and others not performing Friday prayers formed a "human chain" around those praying to protect them from any potential disruptions. The day's planned events began after Friday prayers. Al Jazeera estimated the crowd size to be over a million in Tahrir Square.

On Sunday, Copts wanted to show that they are a part of Egypt's popular uprising and share the same grievances as the rest of the country. Christians started their Sunday Mass in Cairo's Tahrir Square as Muslim protesters formed a ring around them to protect them during the service."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_Revolution_of_2011

I think we should stop dividing humanity into Muslims and non-Muslims. We should look into the hearts of people.