Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
.K.A.R.R.A.R.

Congratulations: Najib Mikati New Prime Minister

Rate this topic

As a Lebanese Sunni, I welcome PM Najib Mikati :)

I'm proud to have him speak in the name of Sunnis, instead of Hariri.

Well, many Lebanese Sunnis don't agree with you, since thousands of them have and are attending "day of rage" protests, where they are protesting against Najib Mikati and in favor of Hariri.

It doesn't seem very logical for Lebanon's Shiites to pick a Sunni to supposedly represent the rights of Lebanese Sunnis. Shouldn't it be up to the Sunnis to pick their own representative?

Well, many Lebanese Sunnis don't agree with you, since thousands of them have and are attending "day of rage" protests, where they are protesting against Najib Mikati and in favor of Hariri.

It doesn't seem very logical for Lebanon's Shiites to pick a Sunni to supposedly represent the rights of Lebanese Sunnis. Shouldn't it be up to the Sunnis to pick their own representative?

Well Tigger you've only been reading american media, which always tries to portray all middle eastern countries as divided along sectarian lines. But in Lebanon its not at all like that.

heres a link to the ideology of the Lebanese Shia.

The March 8 Alliance is not only made up of Lebanese Shias, its demographic base also includes Alawi and Sunni Muslims, the Druze community and Greek Catholic and Maronite Christians. The group within this alliance with the largest number of representatives in parliament is the Free Patriotic Movement and they are Maronite Christians.

There is also a process that needs to be followed, which means that a majority needs to be secured in order for any new Prime Minister to be reigned in and they have successfully done so by securing 65 out of a possible 128 votes in the legislature.

Talking about representation of rights, it also doesnt seem very logical for Lebanon to have a constitution that only allows a ''Sunni'' to be the PM, and a ''Christian'' to be the President, while Shias make up for the largest single group there.

The Prime Minister is not there as a "representative of the Sunnis;" by an old law the PM has to be a Sunni, but his role properly is to serve and represent all Lebanese people.

(salam)

Talking about representation of rights, it also doesnt seem very logical for Lebanon to have a constitution that only allows a ''Sunni'' to be the PM, and a ''Christian'' to be the President, while Shias make up for the largest single group there.

This is blatantly unfair. :huh:

Now that they are starting from afresh, can they throw that rule out of the window?

Good for Mikati... I hope Lebanon will act as an independent country from now on!

All those who are angered or can not accept the constitutional change, bad for them... they can not make any difference except creating more troubles for themselves. This time the Druze communities are not with them and some of the Sunnis and Christians who were with back in 2008 clashes also will not back these street gangs. This time if they try again to create tension and implement Zionist agenda for a civil war...They all will end up in prisons or escape out of the country..

Tigger: You have no idea what is going on in Lebanon...and how the structure of election and nomination of candidates based on religious background work! But, as Shiasoldier bro mentioned and I agree, they should change these rules...And they should give more representations to ppl in parliament according to their populations...

Edited by Noah-

Dear Tigger

I think you should lay off the honey for a bit !!!!

So your telling me, when Nixon was impeached, or if Bush was impeached, then basically its a load of bull because they no longer represent the poeple that voted them in ?

Maybe if Hariri looked out for lebanons interests , instead of his own, then he would still be in power (a little hard when he isnt lebanese himself but SAUDI)

Well this is the democracy you guys preach about, and as soon as the canditate is not suitable, you quickly dislodge them ?

besides thousands of protesters is NOTHING, when there are close to 1 million sunnis in lebanon !!! get your numbers right buddy !!!

ill leave you with a quote from an intellectual rapper by the name of Immortal Technique

"From where the only place democracy's acceptable,

if Americas candidate is electable,

And they might even have a black president but he’s useless,

Cause he does not control the economy stupid! "

Salam

Deebo

Salams,

As long as he doesn't trample on the rights of Lebanese Shia and play dirty games behind the scenes with the backing of Kufar and Zionists criminals, then he's o.k. with me. He doesn't need to be Shia, he just needs to represent the rights and interests of the Lebanese people and not the interests of the outsiders mentioned above.

We shouldn't say that because he is a Sunni, we don't want him. There are many of our Sunni brothers who are just people and are able to hold this position and do justice. I hope he's one of those, and we will have to see in the future what he does.

Edited by Abu Hadi

Guys you should also note that Lebanese media like Future TV, MTV etc., make it seem like all Sunnis want Hariri, which is just [Edited Out].

Even yesterday, while they were having the Day of Rage in Tripoli, most of the actual residents of Tripoli (besides the ones from Tibaneh and Al Qibbeh) were with PM Najib Mikati.

(Also keep in mind that PM Najib Mikati is from Tripoli and that he helped out his community so much with his own money, while Hariri did what for the Sunnis in Tripoli? Supply them with assault rifles?)

But nothing makes me laugh more than the salafi groups yelling "Ahlul sunnah are in danger!!!!"

in danger of...? The shia? I forgot that you guys were out to get us, lol...

But I suppose some of them would rather side with Samir Geagea, Amine Gemayel, and Israel...