Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
melj4375

My Own 'flesh And Blood' Became An Unbeliever!

Rate this topic

salams everyone;

I was using my younger sisters laptop yesterday and discovered that she had a profile on yahoo that was so devastating to read and has posted her photo without hijab. SO from her questions on yahoo answers i discovered the following:

1. she wants to take off the hijab.

2. she wants to work and after earning enough money she wants to move out of the house.

3. she takes off her hijab after school.

4. she is keen and trying to approach guys at the mall :(

5. She says that her parents are muslim but she is not :(

No one knows about this and i do not know whether i should keep it to myself. Surely now that i have this knowledge i gota do something about it and if i cant persuade her then i should let the others know so the responsibility doesnt lay on my shoulders alone right?

OMG she is only 14 yrs. i knew she had shaky religious foundations and she stopped praying years ago but i didnt do much except tell my mum who in turn would remind her to pray and try take her to religious occasions etc. my sis uses the excuse that my parents didnt teach her Islam but imposed laws on her eg: telling her to wear hijab instead of explaining to her the importance of hijab. Now when I or my parents open the topic of any religious concept eg hijab, prayer she gives us the attitudes and thinks we are old fashioned. she may listen to our speech but everything goes out the second ear.

in muharram we went to ammar nakshawani lectures here in sydney and she was listening to him attentively but again as if everythin she hears goes out second ear. I tried making her listen to his lecture about hijab but she just refuses. she asked me tons of questions last time about existance of god etc and i tried my best to answer her (i am limited in knowledge myself but reading books now), she seemed bit convinced but then she bounces back to her shaky self again.

luckily she is changing schools this yr and going to a shia islamic school (now she is in a sunni school with lots of bad influences around). i am hoping this helps her but in the meantime is there anything i should try doin?

sis i think u should show your parents so this can be discussed as a family, because u cannot force anyone to practice Islam, but u can try your hardest to reason with them about it. man thi is so sad, people get brainwashed into thinkin livin like westerners is freedom, and it's only freedom to destroy your morals and self. InshaAllah u stay strong in your knowledge and faith even if she decides to listen to shaytans call. Salaam

ps: i have sisters also who strayed away frum wut the parents taught, i jus hope they mature spiritually one day, and wen they do that i am good enuff of an example to guide them along

Edited by Swordz ov the Mahdi

salam

i think you should check out her circle of friends, thats where the majority of the influence and these bad ideas come from. she probably sees that some friends at her school dont wear the hijab, go out whenever, dont pray etc. and they probably look try to corrupt her as well by planting these poisonous thoughts in her head, and at 14 years, she is very vulnerable to these thoughts.

i think because its a sunni school, the laws and islam they teach seem unbelievable to her, and because she is not familiar with the shia's teachings, she views islam as unrealistic and as you said 'old fashioned.'

i think you should tell your parents, but approach the situation calmly and not aggressively even if you are angry at her behaviour. she is confused and you should all calmly explain to her why she is wrong and what she should do to fix it.

i think our parents are not teaching their children what islam is all about, they expect us to know miraculously about it because we were born muslim! i have the same problem with my brothers not knowing anything, thus making them so vulnerable to dangerous thoughts and ideas, and i tried to tell my parents to do something about it, they say why dont i do it. well for one, my brothers dont listen to me, and they are parents for a reason! and i am limited myself in knowledge and i am trying to learn as much as i can (because i went to a sunni school as well and my parents didnt teach me everything only the wajabat).

inshallah all goes well for you and she understands. i wish you all the best.

salam

my sis uses the excuse that my parents didnt teach her Islam but imposed laws on her eg: telling her to wear hijab instead of explaining to her the importance of hijab.

Salam Sis/Bro,

This is the exact reason why she is doing what she is doing, she has all the right to do what she is doing since she is not learnt enough! I would not blame her for her actions, the parents have a duty in life to fulfill, it is to insert the love of Ahlul Bayt inside their hearts of the believers, specially in western countries where it becomes allot harder to keep religious understandings. Me and my sister for example, my dad spent 15+ years teaching us Islamic principles, what is right and what is wrong, why this is so and why not, through logical, scientific and Islamic analysis in this way it was easier for us to grasp the information, from my dads side, he wanted to make sure that when me and sis get released into society, we are aware of our surroundings, therefore the role of parents has a tremendous effect on the upbringing of the children and their acts.

I, like your sister don't like someone to tell me this is harm because it says so! i like to know the reason behind it, this is how we humans tend to like to learn. Hence what you should do is have a logical chat with her and understand why she is doing that, also speak to your parents to make her understand the beauty of religion, she is 14 years now, theres still room for improvement, and your parents still have a huge role in this, well all parents have.

Wasalams. :)

Edited by sn00pking

This is the exact reason why she is doing what she is doing, she has all the right to do what she is doing since she is not learnt enough! I would not blame her for her actions, the parents have a duty in life to fulfill, it is to insert the love of Ahlul Bayt inside their hearts of the believers, specially in western countries where it becomes allot harder to keep religious understandings.

(salam)

External help can be helpful, at least for a while. but should not be necessary in acquiring belief in God.

If her parents have not taught her anything about religion, she could be excused for not adhering to the requirements of the faith.

But she cannot be excused for rejecting belief in God.

That is her own fault.

She is on her own.

(salam)

External help can be helpful, at least for a while. but should not be necessary in acquiring belief in God.

If her parents have not taught her anything about religion, she could be excused for not adhering to the requirements of the faith.

But she cannot be excused for rejecting belief in God.

That is her own fault.

She is on her own.

Wasalam brother/sister,

The main duties from parents and the first point they 'should' address their kids since they are young is getting to know Allah(swt), because that is the foundations of everything else, there is no point in trying to understand anything else if Allah (Swt) is not known. The parents should stress the building blocks of Islam into the children until they have a firm grip of the foundations. Foundations that parents should teach includes 'Usool aldeen', 'furoo3 aldeen', learning Quran, how to do wudoo and pray properly etc. These are the parents duties in Islam. The point in this life is not so parents bring kids into this world and let them be by themselves or mother and father working all the time and not caring for their children, if this is the cause, then the effect would be the child growing up to be a prey for people like Richard Dawkins or materialist philosophy thus making them loose hope in Allah (swt) and everything else.

I have been taught this wonderful analogy that surprisingly helps in solving every problem? Has anyone studied programing? in Java or C programming theres a notion called 'Input = Output", in programing if your output code is not working, its because there is a problem in the input, likewise if a student fails an exam (Output) then he did not study enough (Input), hence if the artist paints an amazing picture (Output) then he/she spent many hours practicing and perfecting his/her skills (input), Therefore if someone doesn't believe in Allah (swt) (Output), then look at his/her parents have taught (Input).

Therefore the parents play a main role, specially in western countries parents should not leave the boy/girl until they make sure all foundations of Islam are taught, the rest is for the person to seek knowledge.

Wasalam.

Dear Sister, I Honestly feel bad for you and your family. Try to solve this situation with patience.

You don't want your sister to further fire back.

First you have to supplicate to Allah sincerely, and your mother as well. If your mother sheds tears

in this case than it will increase the chances of the acceptance of the Dua.

First of all you have to become more religious in order for her to follow. As in you may be religious but

this may be a Waseelah from Allah to make your entire family further more religious. You should

understand that nothing happens for no reason. Allah will not over burden you more than your capacity.

As a Shia Muslim, you should be happy, grateful, and should display this at home. Enjoy your life as a Muslim

and especially in front of your sister. You have the Quran and Ahlulbayt as your support here. If you or anyone

have any interest in science, than take the science of Big Bang Theory, Human Embryology, and etc with

other members of your family and especially in front of your sister, and enjoy it. Enjoy the beauty of Islam.

Also, you're on Shiachat, and its a great place. Enjoy Shiachat, make good friends, and then tell this to your family.

Make sure your sister is listening. The point of all of this is to enjoy Islam and make your sister realize it.

You should listen to the debate Hassanain Rajabali and Michael Corey had with Dan Barker and Richard Carrier on the existence of God.

It will be good for you and than you can use it for assistance to your sister as well InshAllah.

Salam Sis/Bro,

This is the exact reason why she is doing what she is doing, she has all the right to do what she is doing since she is not learnt enough! I would not blame her for her actions, the parents have a duty in life to fulfill, it is to insert the love of Ahlul Bayt inside their hearts of the believers, specially in western countries where it becomes allot harder to keep religious understandings. Me and my sister for example, my dad spent 15+ years teaching us Islamic principles, what is right and what is wrong, why this is so and why not, through logical, scientific and Islamic analysis in this way it was easier for us to grasp the information, from my dads side, he wanted to make sure that when me and sis get released into society, we are aware of our surroundings, therefore the role of parents has a tremendous effect on the upbringing of the children and their acts.

I, like your sister don't like someone to tell me this is harm because it says so! i like to know the reason behind it, this is how we humans tend to like to learn. Hence what you should do is have a logical chat with her and understand why she is doing that, also speak to your parents to make her understand the beauty of religion, she is 14 years now, theres still room for improvement, and your parents still have a huge role in this, well all parents have.

Wasalams. :)

(bismillah) (salam)

Seek the truth from your heart and you will find it in your heart. Seek the truth from your brain and it will corrupt it with its inability to comprehend.

Our little brains can't comprehend Allah (swt) let alone his rules, sometimes if you can't find an explanation to a rule you have to trust Allah (swt). Besides who is more knowledgeable, a seeker of knowledge or the creator of knowledge?

(salam)

`aql is extremely important in religion. if we are not supposed to use `aql, then Christianity becomes just as acceptable as Islam. Christians always say that they have Jesus in their heart and whatever. You cannot conclude that Islam is the true religion unless you use your brain...

There is no point in practicing the rules that Allah has ordained unless you have proved that Allah has actually ordained these rules. This is in the sense that, what is the point of me praying if i disbelieve in the very existence of the One I am praying to? This is why you must use your brain to prove Allah's existence, to prove that Muhammad صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم is His Messenger, etc. One you have sufficient evidence for yourself, then you have no reason to look for "reasons" for rules that Allah has prescribed for us. This is because we have proved using our intellect that Allah is the Most Knowledgeable, and therefore whatever He says should be accepted whether we understand the reason or not.

This is why when it comes to islam an explanation for why we must pray 5 times a day, or why you have to wipe our feet during wudhu, or why we have to do Hajj, all become unnecessary. However an explanation for why Allah exists, why He is the Most Knowledgeable, why there can't be 3 gods, etc, are necessary.

Wassalam

Edited by 14infallibles

Salams,

personally, I think that you shouldnt tell your parents as this may cause a loss of trust, pushing her further from Islam. your basically the only hope she has, get her to talk to you concerning any issues, be friendly and tell her secrets to make her feel she should trust you. if she reveals those secrets to you, tell her you have to tell your parents, but only if she tells you. after you both trust eachother, convince her to come to the right path. read dua for her aswell :)

good luck...

Guest mo93

Salam sister

The good thing is she is still very young. This could just be a phase, but u dont want to risk it. I blame her friends. The right thing to do is tell your parents. Shell appreciate it in the long run and your parents will know how to deal with it. Its their duty to teach her so theyll appreciate it. Trust me, i know what im talking about!

Well. First things first. Any account ever, on any forum, on any site, is easily hacked. Photos can be easily gotten. Everything on the internet is questionable. Do you even know for certain it was her and not some very ill intended prank?

Man la yahdhuruhul faqih:

æÑæí ÍãÇÏ¡ Úä ÇáÍáÈí Úä ÃÈí ÚÈÏÇááå Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã Ýí ÇáãÑÊÏÉ Úä ÇáÇÓáÇã ÞÇá: (áÇ ÊÞÊá æÊÓÊÎÏã ÎÏãÉ ÔÏíÏÉ æÊãäÚ Úä ÇáØÚÇã æÇáÔÑÇÈ ÅáÇ ãÇ ÊãÓß Èå äÝÓåÇ¡ æÊáÈÓ ÃÎÔä ÇáËíÇÈ¡ æÊÖÑÈ Úáì ÇáÕáæÇÊ

...........................Imam Abi Abdullah(as) said regarding the apostate woman "She wouldn't be killed but instead she would be forced to perform extremely hard servitude and she should be given the bare minimum food and drink to just keep her alive and she would be made to wear thick/uncomfortable clothes and hit her at prayer(time)."

æÝí ÑæÇíÉ ÛíÇË Èä ÅÈÑÇåíã¡ Úä ÌÚÝÑ Èä ãÍãÏ¡ Úä ÃÈíå ÚáíåãÇ ÇáÓáÇã (Ãä ÚáíÇ Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ÞÇá: ÅÐÇ ÅÑÊÏÊ ÇáãÑÃÉ Úä ÇáÇÓáÇã áã ÊÞÊá æáßä ÊÍÈÓ ÃÈÏÇ

.............................................................Maula Ali(as) said "If woman apostatizes she wouldn't be killed but put in life imprisonment."

(salam)

`aql is extremely important in religion. if we are not supposed to use `aql, then Christianity becomes just as acceptable as Islam. Christians always say that they have Jesus in their heart and whatever. You cannot conclude that Islam is the true religion unless you use your brain...

There is no point in practicing the rules that Allah has ordained unless you have proved that Allah has actually ordained these rules. This is in the sense that, what is the point of me praying if i disbelieve in the very existence of the One I am praying to? This is why you must use your brain to prove Allah's existence, to prove that Muhammad Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáã is His Messenger, etc. One you have sufficient evidence for yourself, then you have no reason to look for "reasons" for rules that Allah has prescribed for us. This is because we have proved using our intellect that Allah is the Most Knowledgeable, and therefore whatever He says should be accepted whether we understand the reason or not.

This is why when it comes to islam an explanation for why we must pray 5 times a day, or why you have to wipe our feet during wudhu, or why we have to do Hajj, all become unnecessary. However an explanation for why Allah exists, why He is the Most Knowledgeable, why there can't be 3 gods, etc, are necessary.

Wassalam

(bismillah) (salam)

Or you could end up using your brain too much and saying that we aren't really made of clay, and the sky really isn't held up by invisible pillars that we can't see, and all that athiest mumbo jumbo.

(bismillah) (salam)

Or you could end up using your brain too much and saying that we aren't really made of clay, and the sky really isn't held up by invisible pillars that we can't see, and all that athiest mumbo jumbo.

So ur saying that if u use ur brain, u will realize that athiest are right?

What [Edited Out].

Islam says to use ur mind and logic. Science is actually a big part of Islam.

Man la yahdhuruhul faqih:

æÑæí ÍãÇÏ¡ Úä ÇáÍáÈí Úä ÃÈí ÚÈÏÇááå Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã Ýí ÇáãÑÊÏÉ Úä ÇáÇÓáÇã ÞÇá: (áÇ ÊÞÊá æÊÓÊÎÏã ÎÏãÉ ÔÏíÏÉ æÊãäÚ Úä ÇáØÚÇã æÇáÔÑÇÈ ÅáÇ ãÇ ÊãÓß Èå äÝÓåÇ¡ æÊáÈÓ ÃÎÔä ÇáËíÇÈ¡ æÊÖÑÈ Úáì ÇáÕáæÇÊ

...........................Imam Abi Abdullah(as) said regarding the apostate woman "She wouldn't be killed but instead she would be forced to perform extremely hard servitude and she should be given the bare minimum food and drink to just keep her alive and she would be made to wear thick/uncomfortable clothes and hit her at prayer(time)."

æÝí ÑæÇíÉ ÛíÇË Èä ÅÈÑÇåíã¡ Úä ÌÚÝÑ Èä ãÍãÏ¡ Úä ÃÈíå ÚáíåãÇ ÇáÓáÇã (Ãä ÚáíÇ Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ÞÇá: ÅÐÇ ÅÑÊÏÊ ÇáãÑÃÉ Úä ÇáÇÓáÇã áã ÊÞÊá æáßä ÊÍÈÓ ÃÈÏÇ

.............................................................Maula Ali(as) said "If woman apostatizes she wouldn't be killed but put in life imprisonment."

u serious? What happened to 'no compulsion in religion'?". Shouldn't a human being be able to make their own decisions in life. if they decide to be kaffir after years of being muslim, it is between them and Allah (swt). Why does it have to be that if someone converts to another religion besides islam they are sentenced to lifetime doom by society. I cant understand the justice/ rationale behind this. Moreover, if a feminist or non- muslim was to interpret the hadiths you quoted superficially, cruelty, inequality and lack of freedom/ free will is all what they will get out of it.

Assalam '3laykum..

First of all i want to say that this is probably just her surroundings and her trying to get a grip of who she is.

I, myself, being a revert am surrounded by a Non-Muslim family, and thats a challenge in itself, i also have many Muslim friends that do not practice Islam and are probably only classified as Muslim by their name.

When i first reverted to Islam, i was very skeptical on what i did, whether is was Haram or Halal. I was very cautious with my actions. I then went onto meeting a lot of her Revert Sisters, they were Sunni. I started to pull away from Islam, as their view on certain things in Islam were not shared with me. More of the laws then history. They were overly strict and very extreme. This made me back away from Islam a lot. I took of the hijab and went back to my old ways astaghfirAllah, (nothing extreme, just not very Islamic).

Then after i stopped talking to the Revert sisters that were very extreme, i started looking into Islam again, for my own reasons, and I found what i loved in Allah(swt). I found what I loved in Islam. I was alone at my parents house, with noone influencing me but myself. I took everything a step at a time and now alhumdulilah, I am stronger then ever.

My main point of telling you this, is that your sister can be going through an identity crisis, or just mere pressure from friends and society.

Sit down with her as a friend, explain what you saw, and just ask her if she needs advice and that you are a sister to her and you will always be there for her. See what she says, and explain that Allah loves us way more then any of us love anything in this Dunya. Everything happens for a reason and that this is her Test. dont be to pushy on her, as the Prophet(saw) would never force religion on anyone, but he used his words very carefully, and always smiled and had loving heart. He loved everyone regardless of their nationality and religion.

Just be there for her, and try to guide her and make lots of Dua for her, and everyone else that is going through what she is.

She probably is just having a total misunderstanding of what Islam is. The main thing for her is to learn who Allah swt is. Then the rest can follow. God is the most important factor in Islam, without faith in one God, then Islam is just not complete at all. there is no point.

I will make Dua for your sister.

May Allah be with you and your sister inshaAllah and inshaAllah she is guided back to the path of Islam.

If you need any advice please dont hesitate to mail me :)

Inshallah kheir.

There is an old mullah nassrideen joke, they come and ask mullah nasrideen, ya mullah whats brighter the sun or the moon, he says the moon of course, the moon shines in darkness, the sun only shines when it is already bright outside.

The point is some times some things are so apparent we don't think about it or notice it, an intelligent person knows how to think not just observe "facts".

It may be difficult to understand how a human being was created from clay, but ask your self this, all of the things that you see today, airplanes, cars, computers, t.v's, cell phones, radios etc, all these things are made of dirt, rocks, water etc. 500 years ago if you told some one you could mix these ingredients and make some thing that you could use to talk instantaneously with some one across the world they would think you are crazy, but look where we are now.

Sister melj4375,

My suggestion would actually be to sit down and talk with your sister. Involving your parents is good, depending on how your father is. If he is the type who will get very angry and emotional (as fathers always due in matters related to their daughters) then I would suggest waiting to involve your father, or just involving your mother.

You should confront her about the things that you found, but in a very very gentle way, and just tell her that you would like to discuss the issues with her and you are concerned. Alhamdulillah you found out these things now while she is still relatively young and not years in the future, where by then the damage could become irreversible.

In my personal opinion the stuff about not being taught why she should do certain things, or things were forced on her etc, is just that, an excuse in 90% of cases. There are some minority of families that really do push these things on their children in a very forceful manner but it is a minority this is not the case with the average muslim-shia family, and this is just an excuse that allot of people use and that shaytan takes advantage of inside peoples hearts.

Sit down with her and see what the actual problems are and talk to her, and try to provide answers for her, if you cant answer her questions, come and use this web site, its an excellent resource, and there are many very knowledgeable brothers and sisters who can help you, but please act quickly, because she is at a vulnerable age/state and there are allot of people that thrive on taking advantage of young girls in these situations and you want to try to get to her before (god forbid) she ends up on a haram relationship or starts using drugs etc.

Make dua to Allah and ask for help for your sister through Imam Hussain (as) - in one of the ziyarats for aba abdillah (as) from imam sadiq (as) , the imam states that the first step to knowing Allah is through Imam Hussain (as).

I was using my younger sisters laptop yesterday and discovered that she had a profile on yahoo that was so devastating to read and has posted her photo without hijab. SO from her questions on yahoo answers i discovered the following:

1. she wants to take off the hijab.

2. she wants to work and after earning enough money she wants to move out of the house.

3. she takes off her hijab after school.

4. she is keen and trying to approach guys at the mall :(

5. She says that her parents are muslim but she is not :(

Don't you consider it ethical to shut the browsing window or log out of your sister's account when you are accidentally on it ?

She's just a kid so don't be harsh. Talk nicely and passionately with her about religion. Tell her what Muhammad Ali (Muslim boxer) told his daughter, that she is the most precious thing and all precious things on earth are covered, so she should cover herself. If you determine that all efforts have failed after trying everything, then punish her by severing your link with her and disown her as your 'flesh and blood'. Show her the door, forever. And don't care one bit after that. Because you did it for God who should be prioritized above all / anything else if you are a believer.

(salam)

She is a teenager. This is her way to show that she wants to be treated like an adult. I don’t think she has gone rogue, but she is merely testing the boundary.

The best way to handle a rebellious teenager is by being gentle. I am speaking from personal experience….lol

Be really really nice to her. Listen attentively to whatever she says. Show that you are her friend. Don’t get mad at what she said or do. Answers every single one of her questions as best as you can. And take each and every opportunity to rationalize why Islam has prescribe certain laws (for e.g the modesty law in Islam, Why we mourn Imam Husayn(as) and others)

You may also try to find out

- Reasons why/how she suddenly decided that she no longer believes in Islamic teaching?

- Do you see any problem at home? What kind of friend has she been hanging out with?

So ur saying that if u use ur brain, u will realize that athiest are right?

What [Edited Out].

Islam says to use ur mind and logic. Science is actually a big part of Islam.

bismillah.gifsalam.gif

Actually, I was saying that many people can not find a scientific explanation for certain things written in the Quran and start losing faith because all they believe in is science. They don't realize that what the Quran mentions may be discovered in the future, or is beyond their comprehension.

I don't appreciate the language, maybe you should try to clear things up before resorting to such bitter words.

bismillah.gifsalam.gif

Actually, I was saying that many people can not find a scientific explanation for certain things written in the Quran and start losing faith because all they believe in is science. They don't realize that what the Quran mentions may be discovered in the future, or is beyond their comprehension.

I don't appreciate the language, maybe you should try to clear things up before resorting to such bitter words.

You said "Using ur brain too much". Just because u use ur brain, doesnt mean u lose faith. lol.

If they DO use their brain properly, they WOULD realize that what the Quran mentions may be discovered in the future.

I suppose i should've chosen my words more carefully... =)

dear sis,

i read this hadith recently , as i was questioned by some atheist friends

http://www.al-islam.org/short/halila/

i find it very convincing but i would highly recommend and and cannot stress enough to get help from some one v knowledgeable to answer her questions. she has a right to express her self to ask and a right to get answers.try shiekh arifs lectures and if she doesnt listen to lectures then just get her to meet him and ask all the questions she has. shiekh arif answered some questions of a family member who was turning towards athiesm and he revived his belief!

http://www.vakil.org/2008/03/09/complete-resource-of-sheikh-arifs-lectures-online/

May Allah help you and the Ahlulbait be your guide!

Sister, this might be really weird but I should let you know that you are SOOO lucky. Atleast your sister initially wore hijab and has SOME sense of religious duty engraved within her heart. I have siblings who don't even have THAT and they are exactly like your sister is now. I suppose that this is one of those identity crisis moments every teen (usually in secular western areas) goes through. I too went through it. Except for me (since I am a guy), it was about my beard and the pressures of peers on shaving it. The key thing is for you to educate your sister on the WHY.

I look at every act in Islam through a hierarchical system. For example:

Keep a beard ---> Why? --->

Because its an obligation for a muslim man ---> why?--->

Because it keeps us pious and humble ---> why? --->

Because God made us this way ----Why ?--->

Because God is all-Merciful ---> Why?....etc etc... (Note this is just an example...I may not be right about all the "whys").

What I am trying to say is that you have to explain the small details (such as Hijab and Salat) of Islam by "zooming out" and showing the big picture.

In my humble opinion, I don't think you should confront your sister directly YET. I think you should start little by little. For example, leave a little anonymous note or email. Or try leaving a copy of the Quran beside her computer. If she shows signs of remorse, then it may start slowly to work. Otherwise, privately confronting her seems to be the best option.