Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Transmission Of Our Supplications

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

As a short preamble, once I listened to a lecture more or less touches on the "layers of communications" where Gabriel (as) intermediates for Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and above Gabriel (as) you have Ruh al-Quddus who is like master to all angels (whom I understand Gabriel (as) takes instructions from), and above the Ruh you have many more layers until there there is God. I can't remember it all since I forgot to take notes at that time.

My point is, yes, God is closer to us than our jugular vein. It's just I wonder when I supplicate, whether by uttering of the tongue or the heart or passing of intent or whatever, how is and where to are these supplications delivered to, who screens them, who elevates them to the heavens or does it go there, and how is it answered ... do we have direct connection to God when we supplicate or an angel intermediates for us? and to complicate things up, since God claims He is All-Knowing and All-Hearing, supplications made by all human beings (Hindus, Buddhists etc) and all other living creatures on the planet are clamoring for His attention as well ...

• Advanced Member

salam

well, Allah is the all knowing, the all seeing, the all hearing......he is with you and with everyone else at the same time. that is why He is Allah (SWT). he can be anywhere and everywhere. we cant presume that He has the same restriction as we go.

time, space, distance, location do not limit Allah in anyway. He overrides all natural laws and all physical laws. thats how He can hear and see everyone all over the world at the same time.

our supplications reach him directly, as he stated in the Quran, "call upon me and i will answer your prayers," meaning that our matters are heard by Him directly.

hope that clarifies things for you.

salam

• Advanced Member

^^

Sis, I appreciate your input. Just that I am dead curious how our supplications are managed.

Given the basis that God is closer to us than our jugular vein and he "answers" or prayers when we call upon him, two quizzes arise in my mind:

(i) tawassul (although permissible the Quran) is really an option, but which mode is better or more virtuous? I don't know, but my feel is that if one has high confidence of one's relationship to God, then one can go solo and supplicate.

(ii) (as I read Oddatul Daee and other books) why is that (i) there are certain time of day of week that supplications are privileged a better bandwidth e.g. near Fajr and so forth (ii) in certain nights of certain virtuous months supplications are "guaranteed to be answered" ...

I wish I can get some answers from ehow.com.

• Advanced Member

^^

Sis, I appreciate your input. Just that I am dead curious how our supplications are managed.

Given the basis that God is closer to us than our jugular vein and he "answers" or prayers when we call upon him, two quizzes arise in my mind:

(i) tawassul (although permissible the Quran) is really an option, but which mode is better or more virtuous? I don't know, but my feel is that if one has high confidence of one's relationship to God, then one can go solo and supplicate.

(ii) (as I read Oddatul Daee and other books) why is that (i) there are certain time of day of week that supplications are privileged a better bandwidth e.g. near Fajr and so forth (ii) in certain nights of certain virtuous months supplications are "guaranteed to be answered" ...

I wish I can get some answers from ehow.com.

sorry i couldnt be any help, i misunderstood your question, lol. :D

ah, if only the world was that simple, i love that website, the answers to most of my problems...lol :D