Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Question From A Brother

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Is it too young for a girl to get married at age 17.....Iam interested in someone at that age but feel like she might be too young for me to pursue...I just recently turned 24...what do you ladies thinkÉ

Edited by slowly707
  • Advanced Member

17 is like immature kid. You want to get married not adopt a child. So beware.

I agree with you here on this, Especially if this is a 17 year old American girl, i dont think the maturity level is there to be able to handle a marriage. Yes, there may be some girls out there that are ready but that is def not the mayority. If you are really interested in her, then cultivate a halaal relationship, get to know her family, let her grow into herself....Good Luck

• Advanced Member

If you feel that you're on the same mental level and she really wants to get married, why not? Does she plan to go to college? (which is perfectly combinable with marriage, here speaks someone who knows) Please do make sure you have the same plans and expectations for at least the next 10 years.

Is it too young for a girl to get married at age 17.....Iam interested in someone at that age but feel like she might be too young for me to pursue...I just recently turned 24...what do you ladies thinkÉ

17 is a good age for a girl to get married (especially if she is a practicing muslima). Best of luck :)

• Advanced Member

Personally Me and my friends will never think of marriage before we finish our university degrees but everyone has different goals and ambitions in life so if the girl is willing to leave the fun of being a teenager and enter into a life full of commitments then it's her choice. do make sure it's her decision to get married and she isn't brain washed by a relative. Make sure she understands the reality of marriage and isn't taking this as a game. I have had many friends marry at ages 18 and 19 and some worked well while others ended up into a divorce (due to lack of understanding and negotiating between couples). My brothers fiancée is pretty young too and he is confused as well.