Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Miracles Vs Normal Course Of Events

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

By the power of the Almighty God, He can change any events by the blink of an eye. Some events He wills it to take an ordinary course i.e. subjected to earthly cause-and-effect. Some events are subjected to some extraordinary forces at work -- call it a miracle if you will -- like the success of Battle of Badr, where the participation of angels changed the outcome of the event, so I read.

I have this whirling yearn to understand and reconcile the concept of miracle, one of the central core concepts of world religion, amongst other things such as redemption of the soul and so forth.

Miracles have been exhibited by prophets and saints of the past. Some big; some small; some perhaps as significant as parting the Red Sea. Of course we are all cognizant that the Quran is a miracle in itself.

The loose knots I wish you could help tie things up is the relationship between miracles and the wisdom that it espouses us to ponder and eschew. Why did a particular miracle happened? For what purpose? What trigger it to happen? When can we expect a miracle to take place and when do we expect just a normal course of event? All these questions in preponderance of what brings greater benefit to mankind.

And why is it that when we expect a miracle to happen (in the course of Islamic history and in the particular revolving the Ahlul Bayt (a.s.)), it did not? And the burning question in my head: does the Aimmah (a.s.) do the choosing, whether to add a miracle to a particular event, or let it run the normal course? My gut says they have the choice. What is the wisdom left for us to eschew then?

• Advanced Member

Salam,

firstly i think you are thinking too deep into the subject, a miracle is beyond our understanding and it happens in Allah (swt) will, we cannot comprehend the supernatural, something beyond our grasp, and the soul is something we can never understand, we dont know what it is because it says so in the Quran, and truly till now no human knows what it is...yet we know it exists!!

Miracles where part of the prophets to reveal to people that they are the true messengers of God, likewise the infallibles had miracles, otherwise without miracles people would not believe the prophet and he would be considered spreading falsehood or some other accusations...

Regarding why did a particular miracle happen? which one are you talking about? They where all to convince people that God exists and he was sent down to guide humanity.

As for the dynamic nature of miracles, it is upto Allah (swt) to decide, He says be and it be, no questions asked, hence we cannot understand Allah (Swt) nature of things.

i hope that answered some of your doubts.

wasalam.

• Advanced Member

Please read my post explaining some basic ideas about miracles and I think it will help you narrow down the questions in your head.

The main problem is that we mix the technical definition of a miracle with the casual interpretation of a miracle. If you still have more questions then we can continue the discussion on the topic.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

miracel is Singular Phenomenon that occur With the permission of Allah by Person claiming prophethood and proofs the prophet claiming.

so miracel must be:

1-singular things out of the usual cause and effect

2-Occur With special permission of God

3-was the truth of prophet's claim

refrence My linkhttp://www.mesbahyazdi.org/farsi/?../lib/agaed/ch28.htm

• Advanced Member

Miracles do not exist, our existence is the pure miracle.

The trees, the sun, the universe. Anything that occurs within those is not a true miracle of them, but just proof of the universe.

Remember, science is mostly hypothesis. It can change and alter so simply. Do not be surprised that random combustion in things is perfectly scientific. The miracle is science itself.

• 11 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Miracles do not exist, our existence is the pure miracle.

The trees, the sun, the universe. Anything that occurs within those is not a true miracle of them, but just proof of the universe.

Remember, science is mostly hypothesis. It can change and alter so simply. Do not be surprised that random combustion in things is perfectly scientific. The miracle is science itself.

Salam-quote by EINSTEIN; There 2 ways to live life-as though NOTHING is a miracle,and as if EVERYTHING is a miracle. (may be slightly off on wording, but conveys the same message) Salams:)