Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
CuriousOne

Have You Heard Of The Book Caled " Nahjul Israr"

Rate this topic

Salam ...

Has anyone here heard of the book called "Nahjul Israr". It is written in Urdu and based on sermons of Imam Ali A.S.

There are sermons of Moli Ali A.S in this book that are beyond my comprehension and was hoping if any learnt memeber could help me out with them.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Salam

it's a beautiful book of fadail e ahlulbayth a.s. I think few sermons have been translated in English too(wilayatmission.com). U can listen to some khutbaat at www.hubeali.com audio section at the bottom of the page.

Ya Ali Madad

Salam Brother ..

thanks for your reply. I just wanted to understand some sermons. I have read a few and wht I meant by "beyond my comprehension " was the kind of things written in that book. I wouldnt like to mention it here as i wouldnt want anyone to get the wrong idea.

Have you had a chance to read Mola Ali A.S sermons ?? do you understand the kind of things attributed to Mola Ali A.S?? do you know someone who can shed more light on this??

Jazakalah Kahir

Yup, it's one of the most useless books ever written. Many of the "khutbas" have been taken from deviant sunni sources. It also includes the infamous khutba bayan, tuntunjiya, iftikharia etc, all of which have beeen taken from the deviant sufi Hafiz Rajab al Barsi's Mashariq anwaar ul yaqeen. You may notice that most of the khutbas that have been included in this book are not found in either Syed Radhi's Nahjul balagha or Allama Hadi aale Kashif al ghita's Mustadrak Nahjul balagha. That's because none of them considered them authentic.

Stay away from that book, it's very deviating.

Yup, it's one of the most useless books ever written. Many of the "khutbas" have been taken from deviant sunni sources. It also includes the infamous khutba bayan, tuntunjiya, iftikharia etc, all of which have beeen taken from the deviant sufi Hafiz Rajab al Barsi's Mashariq anwaar ul yaqeen. You may notice that most of the khutbas that have been included in this book are not found in either Syed Radhi's Nahjul balagha or Allama Hadi aale Kashif al ghita's Mustadrak Nahjul balagha. That's because none of them considered them authentic.

And all the crazy hadiths you quote are authentic because you heard them from the Imams yourself? :dry:

Edited by Socrates

And all the crazy hadiths you quote are authentic because you heard them from the Imams yourself? :dry:

Nope, didn't hear them myself from the Imams(AS).

But...............................all ahadith(whether crazy or not) that I quote are from mainstream shi'ite sources. In fact most of the time they're from our primary sources and when at times I quote from the lesser books(such as bihar ul anwaar) or weak sources(such as Tafsir Askari) I make sure that they're corroborated by other ahadith in our primary sources.

Up till now, I've only quoted once from a deviant book(namely sahih al bukhari) because one of the posters(amaan) had asked if sunnis have similar stuff.

BTW, despite all this I have to face censorship from mods. :(

Edited by Bhooka_Bhairiya

Nope, didn't hear them myself from the Imams(AS).

But...............................all ahadith(whether crazy or not) that I quote are from mainstream shi'ite sources. In fact most of the time they're from our primary sources and when at times I quote from the lesser books(such as bihar ul anwaar) or weak sources(such as Tafsir Askari) I make sure that they're corroborated by other ahadith in our primary sources.

Up till now, I've only quoted once from a deviant book(namely sahih al bukhari) because one of the posters(amaan) had asked if sunnis have similar stuff.

So who gets to decide what are 'lesser books' and 'weak sources' or do you just make that up as you go along?

And you were being censored for your style.

Edited by Socrates

Salam ..

Brother you have got me all confused now. Are you sure these sermons are from a sunni source?? The one I have is written or translated by Zeeshan Jawadi a very prominent Shia Alim and former senator. I did find a lot of stuff in this book which I am not sure about. I have heard this is not part of original Nahjul Blaga due to the high level claims that Mola Ali A.S has made in these sermons. It is not for every one to understand as you need to understand Mola's Noori existence. I dont know if you know what I mean.

Do you kno Mir Hassan Mir. In one of his Manqabats he also gave reference of this book. Manqabat was " Haider hoon mein Haider".

Thanks for your help anyway and any more help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

(salam)

(bismillah)

Just because you are quoting from primary sources, it does not mean that they are authentic, unless you believe that the kutub al-arba` is 100% authentic, then that is another story. I haven't gotten to you about that as of yet, as I don't check the forums that much in a while, been working on a project, but you should definitely check the authenticity of your aHaadeeth that you narrate.

(salam)

it is perfectly authentic book-

plz read the 'paish-lafz ' [foreword] of this book ,

that answers all the queries why this book is authentic

Alhamdulilah , i trestify to all the fazail of maula being authentic...

Assalamu alaikum Ya Ali (asws) Madad

I would also just like to add that it seems that most people are unaware that the khutbas which are in Najul Israr can also be found in numerous other books including Biharul Anwar, Asma wa Alqaab Ameerul Momineen (asws), Khutab Nadra Ameerul Momineen (asws), and Manaqib ibn Shahr Ashoob. However because the majority of these books are only available in Arabic people are unaware of the numerous different books which these sermons of Moula Ali (asws) are in.

Whenever Moula Ali (asws) spoke, His words were written down by countless scribes. It is narrated that when one scribe was asked to bring his collection of the sayings of Moula Ali (asws) regarding the tafseer of Sura al Hamd and it took 70 camels to carry all that he had written and this was only one scribe and only the sayings regarding one topic, the tafseer of Sura al Hamd.

People somehow have come to believe that if something is not in Najul Balagha then it is unauthentic but if one scribe needed 70 camels to carry what he had recorded then imagine the extent of the sayings and sermons of Moula Ali (asws) just because something is not in Najul Balagha does not make it unauthentic and just because something is beyond our comprehension also does not make it unauthentic.

Assalamu alaikum Ya Ali (asws) Madad

I would also just like to add that it seems that most people are unaware that the khutbas which are in Najul Israr can also be found in numerous other books including Biharul Anwar, Asma wa Alqaab Ameerul Momineen (asws), Khutab Nadra Ameerul Momineen (asws), and Manaqib ibn Shahr Ashoob. However because the majority of these books are only available in Arabic people are unaware of the numerous different books which these sermons of Moula Ali (asws) are in.

None of the books you mentioned are classical authoritative books of shi'ites. Besides, in Biharul anwar also Allama Majlisi made it clear that he's not seen khutbatul bayan in any classical authoritative shi'ite book. Don't try to act as if you're the only one who knows arabic and others who are denying the authenticity of these garbage khutbas such as khutba bayan are jahils.

People somehow have come to believe that if something is not in Najul Balagha then it is unauthentic..............

Did you read my post. I also made it clear that it's not included in Mustadrak Nahjul Balagha by Allama Hadi Aal kashif al ghita. I'm not sure if you even know what mustadrak means. Then again, trying to instill sense in ghali malangs is an impossibility.

u cannot understand tauheed if u go on rejecting the higher degrees of fadail. If u don't believe moula is mazher of sifaat Allah then ofcourse this book is not for u.

Ya Ali Madad

It is narrated that when one scribe was asked to bring his collection of the sayings of Moula Ali (asws) regarding the tafseer of Sura al Hamd and it took 70 camels to carry all that he had written and this was only one scribe and only the sayings regarding one topic, the tafseer of Sura al Hamd.

Hard to believe literally. Must be a mtaphor.

Hard to believe literally. Must be a mtaphor.

[shakir 31:27] And were every tree that is in the earth (made into) pens and the sea (to supply it with ink), with seven more seas to increase it, the words of Allah would not come to an end; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

majlisi or kashf ul ghita are in no way infallibles ,,,,

and i perfectly dont see their lack of knowledge as being equivalent with weak credibility of khutba itself...

Salam

Nahjul Asrar is a great book. A great Read.

It has many other sermons/narrations of Imam Ali (as) other than the ones objected upon above which highlight the high status of the AhlulBait (as).

Wassalam

Edited by muhibb-ali

as salamu alaykum,

the book is not translated, there is an Urdu Arabic edtion you can scan at the libairy of sayyid mehbub mehadi abidi at iec hussani on Goodrich in Glendale heights illonis outside of chichago. the book is very sound I gave a hour and a half majalis on the English tasfir of khutba bayyan last year during the 21 days of majalis Fatimah as. this book will if studied with a teacher, and correctly understood raise your aqaid to new heights

imam sadiq as "we are the mashiyat (that which gather back, power, cloak of the essence etc.) of Allah, we are not created, you can not understand us" khalifah wa imamamh of ayatullah khumayni

la 14 masumin , 14 mazhir min nur ul Muhammad

there are not 14 infaillbles there are only 14 mainfestations of the light of Muhammad sawa!

"Nahjul Israr" is a controversial book. Someone said it is banned in Pakistan.

as salamu alaykum,

their is debate on the tasfir, and aspects of rijal, I don't know of a ban, as I communicate with people from their, but everyone I know from Pakistan reads it, there have many edtions in hawza there, particulary in Karachi

shiah unity!

as salamu alaykum,

just talked to pakstani friend, not najhlul israr is banned, but many ulama do not read khutba bayyan in public.

ya ali always\

The most famous book of Imam Ali AS is Nahjul Balagha. Perhaps Nahjul Israr is not banned now, but a member reported in 2011 that it was banned in Pakistan:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234991922-is-nahjul-israr-authentic/

as salamu alaykum,

my husband informed me that in Pakistan what they do and do not sell, read etc. varies with the poltical climate at times, but that in the Punjab they really don't care. and for those talking specifally about khutba bayyan, if you understand it properly it would perferct your tawhid, as it is in agreement with quran, but you need to study the sarf of quran and the khutba and go over it with an arif. if an ignorant person reads khutba bayyan without an arif, well that how we got some in Africa, india, Punjab etc. who thought mashiyatillahi and illahi was same.

ya hussayn always