Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
imconfused

Why Are We Not Allowed To Eat Kafirs Food?

Rate this topic

Someone asked me, why doesn't islam allow muslims to eat the food of non muslim/chirstian or jews ...

doesnt that promote inequality? as god is saying that we are not allowed to eat their food as they are unclean etc... they are humans too?

How do i answer this? enough to satisfy the poser of the question?

What if the food is vegetarian though or like fish or the meat was bought with you from a halal shop and cooked in front of you. If you know for sure and have no doubts that the food is halal, why can you not eat the food?

This is an interesting topic, I'm sorry that I don't have an answer, but I absolutely would like to see the replies on this. I've wondered the same thing, as my entire family is non-muslim, etc.

According to ayatullah seestani, if the person who cooks the food is not someone of the book (not chirstian, muslim or jewish) then the food is automatically haraam to eat., even if the meat is halaal, as long as they are in physical, contact whereby there is moisture, we aren't able to eat the food.

The Kaffir is considered one of the Najjis (impure) things in Islam. When a person who is a kaffier touches something (like food) and there is moisture, he/she makes that thing Najjis as well. Another example would be blood. If you have blood on a shirt and it is dry and it touches something else, the second thing does not become najjis. However, if the blood is still wet or there is moisture which transfers the blood, then the second thing becomes Najjis as well.

It is Haram to eat anything which is Najjis. Since a kaffir person is considered najjis and they touched the food (with the presence of moisture), the food became Najjis.

I hope that answers your question.

Edited by ShiaAnswers

In Singapore it is law for all restaurants to wear gloves while preparing food. In that case, I believe it is not haram to consume the food as long as you know that the ingredients are halal. Luckily, most meat here is halal because it is imported from Malaysia. But normally I do check if the restaurants possess the Halal certificate. Most fast food chains (Mcdonalds and Burger King, in particular) in Singapore are Halal as well. Lucky me :D.

I had overheard this once, in conversation between a couple of family members and friends, that the sweat can also travel into your hands and contaminate the food you prepare.

(btw blood and sweat have a relation)

You are what you eat

One can also ask why pork is haram? In todays time, pigs can and are being bred hygienically. There are some sty's that give better food to pigs than an average person in a developing country can afford. No junk or stool is fed to them. But still that pig/pork will be haraam to eat.

The question is not about physical cleanliness or hygiene but spiritual purity. Eating pork will make one as shameless as a pig. (acceptance to nudity, infidelity, fornication, incest etc).

Eating food prepared by kafir will make your nafs weak in belief and you will be more likely to be misled by them.

You are what you eat

One can also ask why pork is haram? In todays time, pigs can and are being bred hygienically. There are some sty's that give better food to pigs than an average person in a developing country can afford. No junk or stool is fed to them. But still that pig/pork will be haraam to eat.

The question is not about physical cleanliness or hygiene but spiritual purity. Eating pork will make one as shameless as a pig. (acceptance to nudity, infidelity, fornication, incest etc).

Eating food prepared by kafir will make your nafs weak in belief and you will be more likely to be misled by them.

Wow, talk about superstition and fear-mongering...

First off, the ulema are spilt on the taharat of kafirs. Some like Ayat. Khomeini believed all of them, even Ahlul Kitab are najis. Others like Sistani consider AK tahir only. These days, many ulema have started to declare all persons clean and regard them as only spiritually impure. This seems to be a trend and as time goes on, I believe this view will eventually be adopted by most maraje.

Someone asked me, why doesn't islam allow muslims to eat the food of non muslim/chirstian or jews ...

doesnt that promote inequality? as god is saying that we are not allowed to eat their food as they are unclean etc... they are humans too?

How do i answer this? enough to satisfy the poser of the question?

Kull shay Halaal hatta ta'lam hurmatu

everything is halaal unless you KNOW (100%) it is Haraam...

yes people not of the book are Najis, but even if there is a slightest chance that they did not touch the food (even the slightest like 0.000001),because they are Najis, then it is Halaal because it is not complete knowing 100% of being Haraam.

The Kaffir is considered one of the Najjis (impure) things in Islam. When a person who is a kaffier touches something (like food) and there is moisture, he/she makes that thing Najjis as well. Another example would be blood. If you have blood on a shirt and it is dry and it touches something else, the second thing does not become najjis. However, if the blood is still wet or there is moisture which transfers the blood, then the second thing becomes Najjis as well.

It is Haram to eat anything which is Najjis. Since a kaffir person is considered najjis and they touched the food (with the presence of moisture), the food became Najjis.

I hope that answers your question.

why? why does that person not believing in Allah make them najis? so that everything they touch with moisture is also najis. how can their spritual impurity have any effect on the food they make?