Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Saved

Tahrif Challenge!

Rate this topic

Salaam,

Coming to the forum after a long time, thus missed out this live action on the topic of tahreef. But I don't get one thing: why do sunnis always bring this issue up? I'm a sunni myself, and there has been no problem in comprehending a simple verse in the Quran in which Allah (swt) has taken it upto Himself to protect the Quran. So either our sunni brethren do not understand the verse in letter and spirit OR weak in faith to really accept the Quran as Quran.

I had to reiterate this point since it is sad and extremely disappointing to see sunni brothers heap accusation on shia brothers.

Also, as a layman with limited knowledge on the subject, I couldn't fathom the argument of protection of the 7 readings (as some of the sunni brothers asserted). If I take a bunch of 7 kids out on a walk and come home with one, the rest 6 killed in a road accident, how can I say that I've protected them on the basis of bringing home just one alive? :unsure: