Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
goharjanjua

Kalma E Tauheed

Rate this topic

Plural is used in quran for acts done by means

æóäóÝóÎúÊõ and breathed

For Adam(as) Allah subhanhu uses singular for him because he himself breathed his spirit in Adam(as)

[15:29] So when I have made him complete and breathed into him of My spirit, fall down making obeisance to him.

[38:72] So when I have made him complete and breathed into him of My spirit, then fall down making obeisance to him.

ÝóäóÝóÎúäóÇ so We breathed

For Isa(as) Allah Subhanhu uses Plural for himself because breathing of Spirit for Isa was done by means of ‘Ruh’ who was sent by Allah subhanhu

[19:17] So she took a veil (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our spirit, and there appeared to her a well-made man.

[19:18] She said: Surely I fly for refuge from you to the Beneficent Allah, if you are one guarding (against evil).

[19:19] He said: I am only a messenger of your Lord: That I will give you a pure boy.

[21:91] And she who guarded her chastity, so We breathed into her of Our inspiration and made her and her son a sign for the nations.

[66:12] And Marium, the daughter of Imran, who guarded her chastity, so We breathed into her of Our inspiration and she accepted the truth of the words of her Lord and His books, and she was of, the obedient ones.

Similarly Allah subhanhu revealed quran By angle Jibreel so he uses plural for that act.

[2:97] Say: Whoever is the enemy of Jibreel-- for surely he revealed it to your heart by Allah's command, verifying that which is before it and guidance and good news for the believers.

So for revealation which was done by Jibreel Allah subhanhu uses plural for him

ÃóäÒóáúäóÇٓ We revealed

[97:1] Surely We revealed it on the grand night.

Some revealations which he directly sent to Mohammad(saw) for that he uses singular for himself

ÃóäÒóáúÊõ I revealed

[2:41] And believe in what I have revealed, verifying that which is with you, and be not the first to deny it, neither take a mean price in exchange for My communications; and Me, Me alone should you fear.

So when Allah subhanhu said ‘I m going to create’ nobody is involved in his wish

[38:71] When your Lord said to the angels; Surely I am going to create a mortal from dust:

[15:28] And when your Lord said to the angels: Surely I am going to create a mortal of the essence of black mud fashioned in shape.

But for creation he did it by means so he used plural for him

[55:14] He created man from sounding clay like unto pottery,,

Allah collected from hard, soft, sweet and sour earth, clay which He dripped in water till it got pure, and kneaded it with moisture till it became gluey. From it He carved an image with curves, joints, limbs and segments. He solidified it till it dried up for a fixed time and a known duration. Then He blew into it out of His Spirit whereupon it took the pattern of a human being with mind that governs him, intelligence which he makes use of, limbs that serve him, organs that change his position, sagacity that differentiates between truth and untruth, tastes and smells, colours and species. He is a mixture of clays of different colours, cohesive materials, divergent contradictories and differing properties like heat, cold, softness and hardness.

Description of the Creation of Adam Sermon 1 Nahjul balaghah

All above acts collecting clay,dripping was done by some blessed servants of Allah subhanhu that’s why Allah subahnhu uses plural while mentioning above stages.

[37:11] Then ask them whether they are stronger in creation or those (others) whom We have created. Surely We created them of a sticky clay.

[15:26] We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape;

And All humans are created by means of male & female that’s why Allah subhanhu uses plural for him

[49:13] O you men! surely We have created you of a male and a female, and made you tribes and families that you may know each other; surely the most honorable of you with Allah is the one among you most careful (of his duty); surely Allah is Knowing, Aware.

[76:2] Surely We have created man from a small life-germ uniting (itself): We mean to try him, so We have made him hearing, seeing.

You seem to associate others with Almighty Allah in terms of HIS actions and self-sufficiency . You are risking yourself into Shirk bro . The concept of majestic plural is the safest explanation in this regard which is admitted and legalized by all grammarians of all the languages in the world . Check this one out :

[2:34]

æÅÐ ÞáäÇ ááãáÇÆßÉ ÇÓÌÏæÇ áÂÏã ÝÓÌÏæÇ ÅáÇ ÅÈáíÓ ÃÈì æÇÓÊßÈÑ æßÇä ãä ÇáßÇÝÑíä

And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate before Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers.

The above verse clearly depicted that Almighty Allah alone said to the angels to surrender to Adam , still plural was used . This expressed HIS honor , excellence and greatness .

Please read your own words carefully.

Either Your mind is turned off or it is on a holiday. Qouting from your post

prayer is better than sleep was started by Hazrat Umar (ra) .

Started by Prophet Mohammed (saw) = Sunnah

Started by Any one else After the Prophet = Bid'ah

hence Started by Umar = Bid'ah

Simple Logic

No matter how pious the sahabas were there were some sahaba's who went Apostates During / After the time of the Prophet.

And there were Sahaba's WHO MADE INNOVATIONS ( BID'AH)

first of all , refrain from saying anything about sahaba (r.a)

nd my question still there........

justify Ali-un-wali-ullaah in the adhan? was that a practice of the prophet ? his sahabi's ? or did ever hazrat Ali say Ali-un-wali-ullaah in the adhan?

You seem to associate others with Almighty Allah in terms of HIS actions and self-sufficiency . You are risking yourself into Shirk bro . The concept of majestic plural is the safest explanation in this regard which is admitted and legalized by all grammarians of all the languages in the world . Check this one out :

[2:34]

وإذ قلنا للملائكة اسجدوا لآدم فسجدوا إلا إبليس أبى واستكبر وكان من الكافرين

And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate before Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers.

The above verse clearly depicted that Almighty Allah alone said to the angels to surrender to Adam , still plural was used . This expressed HIS honor , excellence and greatness .

Do you not believe Quran was descended by Jibreel?

Do you not believe 'Ruh' was sent to H. Marium ?

Are we not created by vasilah of our parents?

Do you say it association?

surely His is the creation and the command 7:54

Allah subhanhu has 'alkhalq' and 'alamra'

Edited by elite

Do you not believe Quran was descended by Jibreel?

Do you not believe 'Ruh' was sent to H. Marium ?

Are we not created by vasilah of our parents?

Do you say it association?

surely His is the creation and the command 7:54

Allah subhanhu has 'alkhalq' and 'alamra'

Firstly , You didn't look into the verse I presented .

Secondly , Almighty Allah revealed the Qur'an not Gabriel . Gabriel only carried what Almighty GOD revealed .

Ruh is GOD's command(s) , hence no portion there for angels .

Mother and Father don't have any contribution to create human . Its GOD alone who create them . Adam was created without parents and Isa was created without father .

Hence noway Almighty Allah took anybody as HIS assistance when HE , the Exalted refer Himself as 'WE' .

Again WE is just a Majestic Plural expressing GOD's greatness , according to grammatical point of view .

“Your Wali is only Allah, His Messenger, and the believers who establish prayer and give charity, and they bow down.” (al-Ma’idah:55)

it doesnt speak of only one person but the believers in general..

(salam)

please just have a read at this: http://tafsircomparison.org/study3.asp?TitleText=Study 3: Verses 5:55-56

Questions:

What is the real meaning of "waliyy" and "tawallah" used in these two verses?

Who are ‘those who believe' mentioned in these verses?

Does the clause "pay zakat while they bow" imply an act of charity?

How does the wilayah (mastership, guardianship) of the Messenger and the believers relate to that of Allah's?

The exegetes selected for this study are:

-Ibn Kathir

-Allamah Tabataba'i (ra)

-Al-Qurtubi

come to your own conclusion once you've read it

wa salam

Justify Ali-un-wali-ullaah in the adhan? was that a practice of the prophet (pbuh) ? his sahabi's (ra) ? or did ever hazrat Ali (ra) say Ali-un-wali-ullaah in the adhan?

Edited by mraslambaig

The translation to some is as follows : 5:55 Your only protectors are God, His Apostle and the faithful: those who attend to their prayers, render the alms levy and kneel down in worship" while others insist it is "...while they bow down. Do we have evidence from the grammer used in the verse which states or implies the word "while"?

Another pertinent point is that these 'characteristics' such as "attend to prayers, pay zakat etc" is found several times in Koran joined together. For example:"....Attend to your prayers, render the alms levy, and kneel with those who kneel.." 2:40 ( I guess). Couldnt it be the case these are guidelines for every one to follow and attain closeness to God and does not apply specifically to a single person? Furthermore, as member Union has pointed out that part of the verse is in plural form and hence it cant refer to a single entity. Can the shia brothers cite reference from elsewhere in Koran where "plural" form was used but the reference was only for a single entity?

The translation to some is as follows : 5:55 Your only protectors are God, His Apostle and the faithful: those who attend to their prayers, render the alms levy and kneel down in worship" while others insist it is "...while they bow down. Do we have evidence from the grammer used in the verse which states or implies the word "while"?

Another pertinent point is that these 'characteristics' such as "attend to prayers, pay zakat etc" is found several times in Koran joined together. For example:"....Attend to your prayers, render the alms levy, and kneel with those who kneel.." 2:40 ( I guess). Couldnt it be the case these are guidelines for every one to follow and attain closeness to God and does not apply specifically to a single person? Furthermore, as member Union has pointed out that part of the verse is in plural form and hence it cant refer to a single entity. Can the shia brothers cite reference from elsewhere in Koran where "plural" form was used but the reference was only for a single entity?

أَفَأَمِنَ أَهْلُ الْقُرَىٰ أَنْ يَأْتِيَهُمْ بَأْسُنَا بَيَاتًا وَهُمْ نَائِمُونَ {97}

[shakir 7:97] What! do the people of the towns then feel secure from Our punishment coming to them by night while they sleep?

[Pickthal 7:97] Are the people of the townships then secure from the coming of Our wrath upon them as a night-raid while they sleep?

[Yusufali 7:97] Did the people of the towns feel secure against the coming of Our wrath by night while they were asleep?

أَوَأَمِنَ أَهْلُ الْقُرَىٰ أَنْ يَأْتِيَهُمْ بَأْسُنَا ضُحًى وَهُمْ يَلْعَبُونَ {98}

[shakir 7:98] What! do the people of the towns feel secure from Our punishment coming to them in the morning while they play?

[Pickthal 7:98] Or are the people of the townships then secure from the coming of Our wrath upon them in the daytime while they play?

[Yusufali 7:98] Or else did they feel secure against its coming in broad daylight while they played about (care-free)?

إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ {55}

[shakir 5:55] Only Allah is your Vali and His Messenger and those who believe, those who keep up prayers and pay the poor-rate while they bow.

[Pickthal 5:55] Your guardian can be only Allah; and His messenger and those who believe, who establish worship and pay the poordue, and bow down (in prayer).

[Yusufali 5:55] Your (real) friends are (no less than) Allah, His Messenger, and the (fellowship of) believers,- those who establish regular prayers and regular charity, and they bow down humbly (in worship).

See how Pickthal & Yusufali translated 'wahum' in verse 7:97-98 and 5:55

To use a plural word and mean a singular, a single entity., in order that it may be applied to all suitable candidates, even if at present there be only one person or thing to which it could be applied.

يَا بَنِي آدَمَ إِمَّا يَأْتِيَنَّكُمْ رُسُلٌ مِنْكُمْ يَقُصُّونَ عَلَيْكُمْ آيَاتِي ۙ فَمَنِ اتَّقَىٰ وَأَصْلَحَ فَلَا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ {35}

[7:35] O children of Adam! if there come to you messengers from among you relating to you My communications, then whoever shall guard (against evil) and act aright-- they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve.

In above verse Rosolon is plural. Does it mean always at least three messengers were required?

Edited by elite

in order that it may be applied to all suitable candidates

isnt that the exact position of the sunnis?

O children of Adam! if there come to you messengers from among you relating to you My communications, then whoever shall guard (against evil) and act aright-- they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve.

I dont exactly get your point here. Since the entire human race is being addressed here and all the messengers are refered to hence the use of plural form.

Edited by Nova

isnt that the exact position of the sunnis?

You have taken part of sentence

I dont exactly get your point here. Since the entire human race is being addressed here and all the messengers are refered to hence the use of plural form.

You have not ponder over word ‘there come to you’ even at a time only one messenger existed. and read following verses and also ponder over word 'say'.

Do you mean that verses are addresssing people who existed in previous era?

[7:26] O children of Adam! We have indeed sent down to you clothing to cover your shame, and (clothing) for beauty and clothing that guards (against evil), that is the best. This is of the communications of Allah that they may be mindful.

[7:27] O children of Adam! let not the Shaitan cause you to fall into affliction as he expelled your parents from the garden, pulling off from them both their clothing that he might show them their evil inclinations, he surely sees you, he as well as his host, from whence you cannot see them; surely We have made the Shaitans to be the guardians of those who do not believe.

[7:28] And when they commit an indecency they say: We found our fathers doing this, and Allah has enjoined it on us. Say: Surely Allah does not enjoin indecency; do you say against Allah what you do not know?

[7:29] Say: My Lord has enjoined justice, and set upright your faces at every time of prayer and call on Him, being sincere to Him in obedience; as He brought you forth in the beginning, so shall you also return.

[7:30] A part has He guided aright and (as for another) part, error is justly their due, surely they took the Shaitans for guardians beside Allah, and they think that they are followers of the right

[7:31] O children of Adam! attend to your embellishments at every time of prayer, and eat and drink and be not extravagant; surely He does not love the extravagant.

[7:32] Say: Who has prohibited the embellishment of Allah which He has brought forth for His servants and the good provisions? Say: These are for the believers in the life of this world, purely (theirs) on the resurrection day; thus do We make the communications clear for a people who know.

[7:33] Say: My Lord has only prohibited indecencies, those of them that are apparent as well as those that are concealed, and sin and rebellion without justice, and that you associate with Allah that for which He has not sent down any authority, and that you say against Allah what you do not know.

[7:34] And for every nation there is a doom, so when their doom is come they shall not remain behind the least while, nor shall they go before.

[7:35] O children of Adam! if there come to you messengers from among you relating to you My communications, then whoever shall guard (against evil) and act aright-- they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve.

[7:36] And (as for) those who reject Our communications and turn away from them haughtily-- these are the inmates of the fire they shall abide in it.

Is not verse 5:55 addressing to all believers?

Edited by elite

Salamun Alaikum

I am really sorry for not replying for the last 3 days as i was very busy with other work.

So u asked for a reference from Grammer so here we GO

Firstly I am apalled by the level of knowledge of Arabic Grammer amongst brothers who use this forum. Please, learn atleast the basics before running around with arguments on arabic and arabic grammer.

Since you have talked about grammer I am assuming that you have some knowledge about it. so understanding all that i type should not be a problem, If you cant kindly refer a guy having some knowledge of Grammer.

Grammaticall analysing the disputed part of Verse 5:55

وَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ

1} uses of وَ in arabic are two ( other than swear/oath ) ie. 'and' as well as 'while'

2} analysing رَاكِعُونَ

Ques 1 . Is it Fail e Madi ?

Ans . NO

Ques 2 . Is it Fail e Mudhaare ?

Ans . No. if you say yes where are the harf e Mudhaare ( alif , ta , ya, nun )??

Ques 3. Is it Fail e Amr ?

Ans . No

Ques 4 . Then what is it ?

ans . It is neither of the above because it is not a verb like يُقِيمُونَ and يُؤْتُونَ which occur earlier in the sentence. It is showing the 'Condition of the Doer of the Action' ie Haalat e Faael. in this verse the Faael (doer of action ) is الَّذِينَ ( those who ).

Hence and therefore when you translate the verse the letter وَ should be translated as while and not as and because here Bowing ( ruku ) is not a verb but rather it is a condition of the person ( faael ) who is performing the Fail ( قِيمُونَ and يُؤْتُونَ ),

I hope the matter of While is solved

therefore the verse 5:55 is translated as

" Only Allah is your Vali and His Messenger and those who believe, those who keep up prayers and pay the poor-rate while they bow "

and yes between the two الَّذِينَ there is no وَ so The Wali given in this ayat is only the one who fulfills both the condition simultaneously,

Hence Wali is Only

1.Allah

2.The Holy Prophet (saw)

3.The one who beleives, establishes prayer, performs charity (zakat) while in Ruku

AND NOT ALL THE BELEIVERS

Regarding the Third Condition there are many Places where it has been mentioned that this ayah was revealed in the Honour of imam Ali (as) ( i am in the process of acuiring scans of various Ahle sunnah Tafseer books to prove my point and to guide my fellow Brothers (since you have doubted the refernces given earlier) )

So with All Due respect I conclude

The Vali are only

1. Allah

2, Prophet Mohammed (saw)

3. Imam Ali (as)

P.S if you want to argue on the meaning of vali kindly start a new thread

Edited by Al-Ghadeer

Justify Ali-un-wali-ullaah in the adhan? was that a practice of the prophet (pbuh) ? his sahabi's (ra) ? or did ever hazrat Ali (ra) say Ali-un-wali-ullaah in the adhan?

Salamun Alaikum

if i were to type the entire answer here it would become too long.

please read this article series and then if you still have a doubt then please ask here. I shall always be present ( It is not the sunnah of our Imam (as) to run away )

1. I had given you a reply in post #2 which has been discussed very much in detail and with reference to my very recent post ( regarding the translation of verse 5:55 )

it should be clear that Ali un WAliallah is the sunnah of Allah Himself

PS. read the ayah at the end of post #2

2. Still if you have a problem kindly read everything;( part knowledge is dangerous, as has been proved by the parody of translation) the article on the link given below

Ali Un Waliallah

then still if you have a problem, do come up with genuine doubt's ( and please no frivolous doubts or statements. If you are seriously interested in asking and gaining its fine , else we are just wasting time here )

Ma' Salam

Al-Ghadeer

Edited by Al-Ghadeer

On 2 January 2011 at 4:59 PM, union said:

Though logic is a rare thing in Shiasm , 5:55 demands some logical analyzes :

01. Almighty Allah could have simply stated ‘ Your Vali is GOD and HIS messenger and Ali , the cousin of the Messenger ’ or something similar to it where Ali’s name could be mentioned . Who dared to stop Almighty Allah from doing so ? Nobody has the power to resist Almighty Allah if HE , the Exalted intended to mention Ali in that verse . But the mare and simple fact is HE, the Exalted didn’t relate this verse to Ali and consequently didn’t mention his name . An enlightening parallel in this regard is the appointment of Haroon as the Wazir of Prophet Musa . Almighty Allah explicitly had taken Haroon’s name in the Qur’an to confirm his appointment :

[25:35] We have given Moses the scripture, and appointed his brother Aaron to be his Wazir.

So matter of wonder that as Shia perceive that appointment of Ali as the successor of the Messenger Muhammad is the fundamental of Islam , is absent in verse 5:55 as well as in the whole Quran while appointment of Haroon as the Wazir of Musa in clearly mentioned in the Qur’an which may not as important as the prior , especially for the current Muslim Ummah , how Almighty GOD missed the essentials and kept the subsidiary ?

Again this could be a food of though for the rational Muslims not might be for a Shia .

02. Why Almighty Allah used plural number if HE , the Exalted really wanted it to refer to a single person ? What stops HIM , the Exalted to use singular in verse 5:55 ? The simple and mare fact again that HE, the Exalted really addressed several persons there whoever the qualities are bestowed to .

Now , the Wali is attached with plural object pronoun . Moreover the nominative Subject Wali is for : One Singular noun (Allah) + One Singular noun (Messenger) + Many Plural Persons ( who establish Salah and bring forth Zakah) . That means they are together a collective group unit . Hence singular Wali is nothing odd to refer to a single group where Almighty Allah , HIS messenger and the believing persons banded together .

Verse 28:12 is perfect from grammatical point of view . The plural portions are for ’ Ahal Bayt’ (People of a house) as mentioned in the verse not for the mother of Moosa . Check all of them are in masculine plural , which grammatically related with ‘Ahal’ . We have already discussed this issue that the objects of ‘Ahal’ is always masculine and plural . If the grammatical denotation of verse 28:12 was the mother of Moosa then the usage of masculine is a grammatical error in the verse , which is impossible , Almighty GOD never make a mistake .

Bismillah Hir Rehman Nir Rahim

Logic isn't a rare thing in Shiasm... On the contrary logic is the one of the main things that Shiasm comes from... I don't understand why some people just don't see plain and simple signs and logics that Allah has shown us??

1. Why was Hazrate Ali (a.s) the only one ever to be born in the Kaaba? Will Allah let any one be born in the Kaaba? Isn't this significant enough for you to understand? Wasn't the even of Gadheer significant enough for you to understand? Or do you want Allah to come down Himself with a canopy of Angels to come and tell you the truth? Why weren't the so called 1st three Caliphs born there? Today the whole world faces towards the Kaaba. Whether you like it or not Hazrate Ali (a.s) is the Qibla. When you face the Kaaba there is one straight path towards the Kaaba. Whether you like it or not Hazrate Ali (a.s) is the Siratal Mosteqeem. Whether you like it or not every Muslim will once visit the place where Hazrate Ali (a.s) was born. That is the honour and status Allah has bestowed up Hazrate Ali (a.s) . Allah in The Quran in several verses says I have given signs for the people of understanding. Now it's up to you to decide whether you are understanding or not. Now where is the logic ??

2. If you are married and have a daughter you will know that the a daughter is the most valued possession of a father. He would choose his daughter over his son. Bibi Famtima Zahara (a.s) was the second most Important possession of Prophet Muhammed (s.a.w) first being Islam and Allah's message. A father will only give his daughter to a person who he thinks would take care of his daughter like he did also a person who he thinks would be the best possible person out there. Why did Prophet Muhammed (s.a.w) give His Daughter to Hazrate Ali (a.s) for marriage? Is it because he thought he was the fourth best person out there ? If prophet Muhammed gave His Daughter to Hazrate Ali (a.s) logics clearly indicate that He gave Islam to Hazrate Ali (a.s) too.

Their marriage was Celebrated in the Hevens by the Angels by Allah's Command. 

There are many other LOGICS, Signs and proofs that prove that Hazrate Ali (a.s) is the only righteous Caliph. But those are for the people of understanding and people of will and stomach to conceive. 

P.S. I'm no Hafiz e Quran I can't even read Arabic. I just read the English translation of The Quran from time to time. But I understand and see His signs and calculate my LOGICS.

Now the reply to your question.

The Allah could have simply state the name of Imam Ali in The Quran and said He is his Walli as nothing is Impossible for Him ? I will ask you a few questions and when you answer those questions your questions will be answered too. 

1. Nothing is Impossible for Allah then why doesn't he make the Angels give the Call of Adhan from time to time so we can all hear it and then all Humans would know the truth? Then there would be no problem at all . No fights no arguments no deviation. Why doesn't He allow that?

2. Why did He create Evil when He keeps on telling us to do good ?

3. Why did he allow the so many religions to take place?

4. Why did he send 124000 messenger over the period of time ? He could simply send Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) over and over again and every one would be rightly guided from the start of time? Why did he not send Islam and Namaz from the start of time ? Why was Islam the last religion and only religion and why Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) the last Prophet ?

Ali is one of The Names of Allah. I don't see the other three names anywhere close to Islam. 

If Allah would have stated the name of Hazrate Ali (a.s) in The Quran then even you would have been a Shia today so would every one else cause you wouldn't have any other option then what would be the point of understanding and free will. 

I don't want to spend any more time explaining you why or not cause no matter what I do or what I say if you don't want to understand you will not. Like Allah says in The Quran he guides only who He wills.

Ask to understand. Don't ask to find faults  

- Hazrate Ali (a.s)

Don't inherit your religion. Learn it.

- Hazrate Ali (a.s)