Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Miqdad Zaidi

[LAWS] When Condoms Become Haram

Rate this topic

Salam,

Contraception, as we all know is permissible in Islam including the use of condoms. It is also permissible to use condoms as a protection against STDs. But the use of foreign objects in sexual intercourse is forbidden if they are used for the purpose of deriving pleasure. For example, sex toys are completely haram in Islam. So if a couple decides to use condom, not for contraception or protection, but as a source of pleasure, would it become haram then?

Salam,

Contraception, as we all know is permissible in Islam including the use of condoms. It is also permissible to use condoms as a protection against STDs. But the use of foreign objects in sexual intercourse is forbidden if they are used for the purpose of deriving pleasure. For example, sex toys are completely haram in Islam. So if a couple decides to use condom, not for contraception or protection, but as a source of pleasure, would it become haram then?

(wasalam)

You know that using any foreign object as a source of pleasure is haraam, when a condom is used with the intention for pleasure then it falls under that category.

I think this thread will probably be closed pretty soon.. it also seems a little inappropriate since the answer is obvious and you could easily ask your merja if you are usooli.

Hmm, I personally think birth control at least in regards to condoms I mean, is haram, but that's just me. You should not marry a woman without knowing her sexual history and you shouldn't marry her unless you are willing to impregnate her or know the days when she won't get pregnant. But also, to me,there are ways to have sex that are halal that are safe against pregnancy.

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23

Hmm, I personally think birth control at least in regards to condoms I mean, is haram, but that's just me. You should not marry a woman without knowing her sexual history and you shouldn't marry her unless you are willing to impregnate her or know the days when she won't get pregnant. But also, to me,there are ways to have sex that are halal that are safe against pregnancy.

^thats untrue...a woman can get pregnant anytime, even if its her first time trying, there are no "days" where she cant get pregnant

as for the contraception thing, uhm i think the textured ones would be haram cuz those are sold for pleasure purposes

^thats untrue...a woman can get pregnant anytime, even if its her first time trying, there are no "days" where she cant get pregnant

as for the contraception thing, uhm i think the textured ones would be haram cuz those are sold for pleasure purposes

I read that certain days were more likely than others but that it can be hard to tell even for the woman. But then again, I'm an American, I didn't even learn what the word "ovulation" meant until I was like 16 years old.

(salam)

Why would someone use a condom as a source of pleasure ?? :unsure:

some companies design textured ones aimed for pleasure, those (i assume) would be considered haram

I read that certain days were more likely than others but that it can be hard to tell even for the woman. But then again, I'm an American, I didn't even learn what the word "ovulation" meant until I was like 16 years old.

well your parents must have done a great job with you if you didn't know that word till 16, i pretty much knew the basics by 14, thanks to the western school system :/

anyways my point is, there are certain days where the chance is *higher* but there is always a chance at any day unless she is barren or on the contraceptive pill, or has any medical issues etc...

but normally, everyday there is a chance of conceiving

lol this is so off topic xD

Salaam,

This may concern some of you, so I decided to bring it to your attention.

It's not permissible to use external objects for sexual pleasure.

Dotted condoms are usually advertised to enhance and maximize stimulation and pleasure.

So I recently asked sistani.org to see if using them is permissible.

This is the response I got in Farsi:

بسمه تعالى

اگر لذتی حاصل شود که مستند به این شیء خارجی باشد جایز نیست

موفق باشید

www.sistani.org
دفتر مرجع عالیقدر آقای سید علی سيستانى - بخش استفتائات

which translates to:

If the pleasure is due to this external object, then it is not permissible.

Wasalaam

Did a literature search about "preoccupied by sexual thoughts"

Result:  good news for some people, SSRIs are available by prescription

Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitors have been successfully used in forensic psychiatry and for the rehab of sexual addicts and sexual predators.

Opine: I swear that I believe several SC "members" are in junior high, or are evilgelical provocatuers.

BTW: they ain't called "dotted".

Edited by hasanhh

I think Abdul Majid was providing a useful service to everyone here, since he actually posted a reply he'd received. The time-wasters are people who just ask the questions, but take no trouble to find the answers for themselves or let anyone else know if they do find them.

On 7/31/2016 at 2:26 PM, Manofsense said:

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم و صلى الله على محمد و اله

Dont want to use them in sex because they were invented by kuffar 

الحمد لله

So, everything invented by the "kuffar"  is wrong to use? I'm sure you would disagree with me, yeh?

On 7/31/2016 at 2:26 PM, Manofsense said:

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم و صلى الله على محمد و اله

Dont want to use them in sex because they were invented by kuffar 

الحمد لله

What are you doing on your laptop/Pc? Or the internet for that matter.

On 12/26/2010 at 7:04 AM, Ali_Hussain said:

(salam)

What is source of information for this? I think people would derive more pleasure from not using a condom rather what you are implying.

He is implying that, some couples don't want to have kids. So they engage in sexual intercourse to pleasure themselves, without having kids due to the condom.

On 10/27/2015 at 6:29 AM, hasanhh said:

Did a literature search about "preoccupied by sexual thoughts"

Result:  good news for some people, SSRIs are available by prescription

Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitors have been successfully used in forensic psychiatry and for the rehab of sexual addicts and sexual predators.

SSRI is psychiatric drug with serious side effects that include suicidal thoughts, memory loss, cognitive impairment, etc etc.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2014/204516s003lbl.pdf

Please don't carelessly promote such brain damaging medication.