Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Using The Turba'

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Al Salam Wa Alaykum

I am a revert muslim and I have recently learned how to pray. A friend showed me the correct way of salat and when I enquired about the turba', he said that it was necessary to prostrate on it. I am wondering though, I heard that I can simply use a piece of kleenex instead. Even if I do have a turba' but do not want to use it, can I pray on a pice of kleenex instead? The reason I ask is because my forehead is very sensitive to the turba' thus it hurts when I prostrate.

Regards and Salam.

• Basic Members

Using kleenex is allowed

but why when u have turba ?

Al salam wa alaykum. The reason I prefer to use a kleenex is because my forehead is very sensitive to the turba'. It hurts if I continuously prostrate on a turba'. I don't know if that is okay to do amongst other shias, especially during Jumma' prayers because I get self conscious others might be looking down on me.

Salam

• Advanced Member

So I just want to throw the question out again to my brothers.

Do I have to use a turba'? Is it okay to use a piece of kleenex even if i do have a turba'?

Best Regards

(salam)

may Allah bless you for joining the religion of Allah and submitting to Him

---

you must make sure that the kleenex has the conditions that allow you to prostrate on it. If so then there is nothing against prostrating on it because it meets the conditions.

Maybe someone knowledgeable about this can help you

As for turbas, you can find some that are very smooth and soft. Is your turba rough?

Edited by 14infallibles
  • Basic Members

(salam)

may Allah bless you for joining the religion of Allah and submitting to Him

---

you must make sure that the kleenex has the conditions that allow you to prostrate on it. If so then there is nothing against prostrating on it because it meets the conditions.

Maybe someone knowledgeable about this can help you

As for turbas, you can find some that are very smooth and soft. Is your turba rough?

Thank you for the reply brother. I am more clear about this issue after reading your post. I did not know that I can find a smoother turba'. I will definitely have a look into that. To answer you're question, yes, the turba' I use is quite rough.

Salam

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Using a kleenex/tissue was generally allowed but then I heard from someone that some of the maraja have changed their stance on this issue and they say that you can no longer pray on a tissue.....I haven't verified this information though, so I'm not sure.

Anyway, if you want to be safe you can just pray on a piece of blank white paper or a leaf.

wasalaam