Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Marriage And Money

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salaam Alaykum.

I am currently faced with a problem. I like a man and he tells me that he likes me too. But he cant marry me yet as he has to sort out his finances first. I asked him for engagement only first and marriage later on but he is refusing.

I have tried talking to him and trying to make him understand but it doesnt seem to work.

Can anyone here help me? I dont know what to do, All of your prayers and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Wasalaam.

• Advanced Member

Salaam Alaykum.

I am currently faced with a problem. I like a man and he tells me that he likes me too. But he cant marry me yet as he has to sort out his finances first. I asked him for engagement only first and marriage later on but he is refusing.

I have tried talking to him and trying to make him understand but it doesnt seem to work.

Can anyone here help me? I dont know what to do, All of your prayers and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Wasalaam.

if use like each other why cant you just wait until he has money to support you, it will be better if you just wait for him if you really love him.

• Advanced Member

I dont understand why you two cant just get engaged?! He is for you and you are for him this way and its known you two will get married....you cant wait as long as you need to before you "officially" get married and move into his house......hmm.....

i mean u can wait as long as you want...lol typo

• Advanced Member

I dont understand why you two cant just get engaged?! He is for you and you are for him this way and its known you two will get married....you cant wait as long as you need to before you "officially" get married and move into his house......hmm.....

i mean u can wait as long as you want...lol typo

maybe the guy wants to save as much money as he can more like 6 months and get married, maybe the guy doent want to get engaged for like a year. bec when he get engaged he is going to spend alot of money

• Advanced Member

If you guys really like each other there should be no hesitation in engagement. Why is he saying no?

But then again he needs to sort out his finances as he said, so if you are both willing to be patient enough and you know he is truthful then ina Allah ma3 al sabireen... if not sis and you have doubts, dont wait up! i know alot of people this has happened to so good luck:)

salams

• Advanced Member

I have tried talking to him and trying to make him understand but it doesnt seem to work..

He doesn't sound serious at all. End your relationship with him and don't waste your time, energy and emotions over a man that YOU have to convince to get engaged and he has the guts to refuse??!!

• Advanced Member

He doesn't sound serious at all. End your relationship with him and don't waste your time, energy and emotions over a man that YOU have to convince to get engaged and he has the guts to refuse??!!

he neevr he said wait a while theres a difference

• Advanced Member

It depends on how culturally stuck he is. If his parents keep telling him that he first needs so-and-so much money and a house and a car and I don't know what else, that might be a real issue for him. But islamically there's no need for him to be rich first. We were both students when we married, living on student scholarships and small side jobs, money came much much later.

If he means that he has to find a way to clear his large debts (depending on how he got them obviously), that would be quite a different story. It's very unwise to marry a man who is irresponsible with money.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I don't think he is serious. When men don't want to commit, Run ......

Couldn't say it better myself

marrying a man with no money, do such women still exist?marrying a man with no money, do such women still exist?

lol

I dont know what your and his age is, but the only major risk I see here is that after being financially stable, have a house and having all that he is waiting for; he changes his mind and you have reached an age at which getting a spouse becomes more and more difficult. Other than that, if you think he is the one, there is no risk in waiting

• 3 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

Let me give you some advice,

Unless this man is dirt poor then I dont think the finance excuse cuts it. Forget this guy and look for someone who actually wants to get married and start a famly. You can miss out on some really great guys if your mind is stuck on this man. Don't let your personal emotions get in the way of making logical decisions in life.