Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
faisal

200 Shias Arrested In Malaysia

Rate this topic

(salam)

I have translated post #102 from Malay to English Language. I believe this is the prepared remark that was uttered by the Malaysian Shia representative later today.

1. On the evening of December 15 2010 or 9th of Muharam year 1432, between 10:15 pm until midnight at Hauzah ar-Ridha, the Selangor Religious Authority headed by its director, Muhammed Khusrin bin Munawi with his colleagues, and with the employees from the City Hall of Selayang and with the Malaysian Police “gate-crashed” and raided the Hauza ar-Ridha located at Sri Gombak, Batu Caves, Selangor. A majlis for mourning of the Grandson of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) Imam Hussein (as) was being held when the center was raided.

2. The action of breaking an entry into the building while the Majlis to mourn the Grandson of The Holy Prophet (pbuh) was being held has nothing to do with spreading the Shia faith to anyone in the State of Selangor or in Malaysia. This was a closed-door majlis in a building with a valid permit. The majlis held was only focused on remembering the sad demise of grandson of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) in the Islamic Calendar.

3. The United Nation in 1948 in article 18 state that “Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance”

4. The Amman Declaration in Jordan in the year 2008 by the Organization of the Islamic Countries (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amman_Message) gave the same freedom of religion to the Shia Jaffari/ lovers of ahlul bayt.

5. We, the lovers’ ahlul bayt of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) (Malaysian Shia) share our belief with the worldwide/global Shia Community that is currently about 200-500 million Muslims.

6. The Lovers of ahlul bayt or The Malaysian Shia Community cannot be LIKEN with the Shia community elsewhere, such as, in India-Pakistan, Middle East or Middle Asia because each countries/community has their own traditional values and different cultures. We are the minority Shia community in Malaysia, with our own specific self-existential (Malay: Jati diri). We, the Malaysian Shia cannot be generalized to be exactly the same as Shia in other region.

7. We, the Shias of Malaysia (Lovers of ahlul bayt in Malaysia), among many of the Malay ethnics, are Muslims, who hold to the Madhab Jaffari (Shia Fiqh) as our ORIGINAL MADHAB.

...end of part 1

This is the 2nd part of the memorandum by the Malaysian Shia representative (Kamil Zuhairi Ab Aziz.)

8. Since there were no dialogues or discussions between the local religious authority and with our community (Malaysia Shia), ignorance (jahil), confusion and great misconception has spread against our Shia community.

9. Ethnic Malay from the following races; Aceh, Minang, Bugis and Java (these are just a few examples) and Muslims who trace their ancestry to Siam-Ayuthya (Thailand), Pakistan and Arab are original supporters of the ahlul bayt of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) from many generations (Shia Ancestry).

We have evidences or academic arguments and family history to support our claim that we follow the Shia Madhab (Shia Ja’fari) as OUR ORIGINAL MADHAB. This must be accepted according to the United Nation Charter of the Human Rights (Freedom of Religion) and the Constitution of Malaysia.

10. Since there were no dialogs, or historical, cultural and ethnic research done by the authorities or local academicians, our existence was unknown for a very long time.

11. The Fitna /Sedition spread against us (Malaysia Shia) is extremely bad taste and cause misunderstanding towards our faith. This misunderstanding provokes very unjust (unfair) laws declared against us.

Among the sedition (Fitna) thrown against us are

- The Shia made spilling of the blood of our Sunnah brothers’ halal. Here, we like to stress that we, the Shia (Jaffari), have married within the Sunni community and have lived among the followers of the Sunnah wal-jamaah in peace and harmony for generations (years).

- As a community, we have no control over every single devotee of our Madhab (Shia Ja’fari). Actions of few of us cannot be an argument to represent the whole Shia community.

- Please bear in mind, there have been no dialogues or opportunity for us to be heard. Many misconception and falsehood has being spread about the Shia belief.

This is not the end.

(salam)

This is the third part of the Memo sent by the Malaysia Shia Community to the Malaysian Human Rights Commission. Translated from Malay to English.

.. start here

12. The irresponsible action by the Director of Selangor Religious Authority, Mohammed Khusrin Munawi, causes fitna (sedition) and prolonging confusion against the lovers of ahlul bayt (the Worldwide Shia) which numbers around 200-500 millions. This is not a smart move because it harms the image of Malaysia outside of the country (in the eyes of the world).

13. The Shia community in Malaysia believes that we have been used as test subject, pit against and setup by the following irresponsible party; Director of the Religious Authority (Mohammed Khusrin Munawi), the printed and electronic media, bloggers and religious personality.

14. We will never ever spill blood, will never commit treason, will never be involved in any militant and terror activities, or any armed groups and will never place our beloved country in danger.

We are ready to work with the law enforcement in any capacity to stop (control) any element of militant, terror or violence. We held the Constitution of Malaysia in high regards and accept the Royal institution and are faithful to the King of Malaysia. We will never be involved in any acts that will be a threat to the national security.

15. The Shia Community in Malaysia, request that our rights is protected by the Malaysian Human Rights Commission (SUHAKAM) whose axis is the Constitution of Malaysia, so our rights as the minority in Malaysia is protected by the authorities.

If the rights to freedom of religion and belief have been granted to Hindus, Buddhist, Christians, Sikhs and other religion, then why are we Shias slander, insulted, fitna/sedition against us and now threaten just because we hold to the madhab of our ancestors, which is the Madhab of Ahlul Bayt or Shia Imamiyah (the Ja’fari Fiqh) that has about 200-500 millions followers.

the 4th part will be translated shortly.

faisal

mana pergi orang2 lain? malang sungguh nasib kita ni.. harapan saya dgn ada penyerahan memo ni akan membawa harapan baru kpd kita semua pencinta ahlul bait di tanah melayu.

Hal min naasirin yansuruni?

Haihaat minna zzillah.

Wassalam.

Salam to all and especially to followers of Ahlulbayt (as) in Malaysia:

وَلَا تَهِنُوا وَلَا تَحْزَنُوا وَأَنْتُمُ الْأَعْلَوْنَ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ مُؤْمِنِينَ {139}

[shakir 3:139] And be not infirm, and be not grieving, and you shall have the upper hand if you are believers.

[Pickthal 3:139] Faint not nor grieve, for ye will overcome them if ye are (indeed) believers.

[Yusufali 3:139] So lose not heart, nor fall into despair: For ye must gain mastery if ye are true in Faith.

Those who arrested you and caused havoc to you are more in the worry. Slowly their fitnah are coming to haunt them. NOBODY IN MALAYSIA WHO BECAME SHIA BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED THAT SUNNIS BLOOD IS HALAL!!! Peopel become shia because they want to be with Ahlulbayt and to be guided. JAIS just made a statement that in the end will make them look foolish.

We hope the followers of Ahlulbayt in Malaysia to remain steadfast and rational, and don't do anything foolish that the media can take advantages. This is just a minor set back. At the end, this issue may help the cause of Ahlulbayt if people start to ask and the truth comes out to the public.

Layman

Jangan sebut perkataan "Malang sungguh nasib kita...jika saudara percaya pada Imam Hussain (as)!!!

Edited by layman

Malaysian Shia Muslims seek to legally worship

The Associated Press

Tuesday, December 28, 2010; 12:43 AM

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- Shia Muslims in Malaysia have made a rare public plea for authorities to let them legally worship amid fears of a clampdown on outlawed religious groups.

Malaysia's government considers the Shia denomination illegal. It allows only Sunni Islam to be practiced by Muslims, who make up nearly two-thirds of this Southeast Asian country's population.

Islamic authorities detained more than 200 Shia Muslims, also called Shiites, at a prayer meeting in central Malaysia earlier this month in one of the largest recent mass arrests of its kind.

Muhammad Sha'ani Abdullah of Malaysia's government-backed human rights watchdog said Tuesday that Shiite community representatives have sought his help to curb any further crackdown.

Link here.

Malaysian Shia Muslims seek to legally worship

The Associated Press

Tuesday, December 28, 2010; 12:43 AM

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- Shia Muslims in Malaysia have made a rare public plea for authorities to let them legally worship amid fears of a clampdown on outlawed religious groups.

Malaysia's government considers the Shia denomination illegal. It allows only Sunni Islam to be practiced by Muslims, who make up nearly two-thirds of this Southeast Asian country's population.

Link here.

thanks for the update bro faisal.

yes.. our appeal to the world please join their cause.

Click here to show your support: http://www.causes.com/causes/559231-we-support-freedom-for-malaysian-shias

SA,

Hajj Kamil Zuhairi is the classmate of an alim of California's biggest Hussainiyah. They were classmates while in Qom. He was very saddened of this news.

Bro Faisal,

Any truth in some people saying loud speakers were outside the building during the Ashura program? IF that we true, I think that should not have happened. However, I really doubt that allegation.

What does Anwar Ibrahim has to say about this? I want to see he's stand, see if he has any backbone.

Salam

Any truth in some people saying loud speakers were outside the building during the Ashura program? IF that we true, I think that should not have happened. However, I really doubt that allegation.

NOT TRUE, WATCH THE VIDEO. The Hauzah is even ...somebody helps me with english....kalis bunyi (means) may be....sound proof. and the programme had just been started.

2. Anwar Ibrahim?

Pleassssseee... he is responsible for jailing many Shias in 1997 when he was acting Prime Minister, may be because we never stop reading Jausyan Saghir he was then send to jail.

3. If it's true that an alim in California was classmate with Hujjatul Islam Kamil, ask Shia in California to submit strong protest to Malaysian Ambassador, Jamaludin Jarjis. Malaysia will do anything to please perception in USA.

3. A VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE: The Director of Religous Department declined to apologize, Shia are deviate and seeks them to jail. Link here: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/bahasa/article/saya-tak-akan-tunduk-desakan-pengikut-syiah-kata-pengarah-jais/

4. So guys, you know what to read for this man.

SOLAWAT.

(salam)

145_turbo_16V

I think the part about loudspeaker came from an interview done with Shaykh al-Attas. I am unable to confirm or deny the report. The impression I get from reading that news, is that he was implying, that the JAIS raided the center because they were attracted by all the noise we were making in the center. I disagree. We are speaking about Malaysia here. We are not really known for being quiet!

And as clarified by Bro Faisal, the center is soundproofed.

This has been planned well in advance. At least the Director of Selangor Religious Department/Authority (who graduated with a bachelor of economics and is known to have political aspiration) would have needed some times to memorize the garbage that is being feed to him by the wahhabis.

You guys who are in Malaysia (have lived there) know what happens on 10th of Muharam in Malaysia, don’t you? It feels as if Banu Ummayad had came out of the grave to plan the festivity to celebrate the death of Imam Husayn(as). It’s just disgraceful.

MalaysiaKini, the opposition mouthpiece has been giving some media coverage on the Malaysian Shia issue. But nothing so far from Anwar Ibrahim.

One thing we can say about Hajj Kamil Zuhair is that he is really courageous. Not many would go and confront the unjust systems (not when most of the people in Malaysia think we are deviant). But we don’t really have much choice now. Either we fight them now or we go to jail.

Salam,

Sis Zareen noted well there

This has been planned well in advance.

How else do we explain that the raid was joined by all malay language media, i mean all! and they came with cameras whatsoever, they do not stop; clicking every angle like we are criminals or haiwan (animals) in zoo.

This was plan for a media circus, to cover stuffs and to make sure his promotion is well secured!

Wassalam.

(salam)

I received some emails about news from Malaysia.

First of all,

The Malaysian Shia thanks all of you who are thinking and praying about them. They also thank you (ShiaChat and elsewhere) for helping them get the word out and letting the world knows about how repressive the Malaysian Government are treating them. According to them, the Malaysian medias only shows them in very negative light.

Even though they have been living peaceful in Malaysia, they were raided only because they choose to remember Imam Husayn(as). They also said, they have been receiving a lot of attention and encouragement and according to them, this only happened because all of you cared.

Another email said

“You sure have a very tight system in shiachat. actually, I think it's good so that we have well-behaved members here. I do hope that shiachat members could spread the news as much as possible so that Insha Allah, one day we shall be able to hold ashura majalis in peace in Malaysia.”

- I received some pictures that I am unable to upload here because the file uploading on SC is broken. I will find a way to get them online (maybe on free uploading sites).

- I also received a facebook link http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php?campaign_id=368885149649&placement=pgall&extra_1=0

May Allah reward you for your efforts in disseminating the news about the blasphemy put on us in the Malaysian media. You sure are fast.

May I humbly suggest here that we spread the news more by using facebook. So far I'm unaware of any 'cause' page on this matter on fb. As for me, I'm afraid to do it myself in case they trace my i.p. address. We have to be careful you know.

If anyone know how to do a facebook page, please help us.

SA,

SIs. Zareen, where did you see the news of the interview with Hassan Al-Attas, do you have a link? Al-Attas and Zuhairi are both classmates of the alim who is based in CA. He knows them well.

Bro Faisal, were you there on the night of the raid?

We are all praying for all of you AB followers in KL/Selangor.

Also don't forget, the USA will never help you all because they do not like any Shias as they know most shias are Wilayatul-Faqih types which are in conflict with their foreign policies. So they would rather see you all suppressed.

Edited by 145_turbo_16V

SA,

SIs. Zareen, where did you see the news of the interview with Hassan Al-Attas, do you have a link? Al-Attas and Zuhairi are both classmates of the alim who is based in CA. He knows them well.

Salam.

Izinkan saya mencelah.. Syed Hassan Al-Attas denied the statement attributed to him saying that the loudspeakers were projected outside Hawzah Arredha or too loud. You can find the story here: http://abna.ir/data.asp?lang=15&id=218016

"Peristiwa penyerbuan Hawzah Imam Ridha adalah hal yang memprihatinkan. Hawzah Ar-Ridha mesti dipertahankan" kata Ustaz Sayed Hasan Alatas berkata kepada wartawan Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) pada malam Ahad (19/12) setelah mengadakan pertemuan dengan tokoh-tokoh pengikut Ahlul Bait di Malaysia.

Ketika ditanya tentang pelanggaran undang-undang oleh Hawzah Ar-Ridha, Ustaz Hasan Alatas mengatakan, "Itu tidak benar, walaupun sebelumnya ada maklumat mengenai pelanggaran undang-undang, tapi itu tidak benar".

May I also address the issue of spreading the news as much as we can. A friend in Canada has kindly created the cause page entitlled "We support freedom for Malaysian Shias" on facebook about 10 hours ago. (settle pasal isu k'jaan nak pantau blog dan internet)

Currently 111 people have joined the cause. So please, my brothers and sisters in Shiachat, join the cause if you haven't yet and tell your friends about it. Imagine if just one percent of the Shia population in Pakistan, Iran, the Middle East, Indonesia, the American and European continent were to do that, how many people would have we have recruited?

This is the link: http://www.causes.com/causes/559231

If you cant find it just search for "We support freedom for Malaysian Shias".

Let Malaysia know that we are not a minority, rather we are the third largest mazhab after Hanafi and Shafi'i.

Wassalam.

(salam)

SA,

Bro Faisal, were you there on the night of the raid?

We are all praying for all of you AB followers in KL/Selangor.

Also don't forget, the USA will never help you all because they do not like any Shias as they know most shias are Wilayatul-Faqih types which are in conflict with their foreign policies. So they would rather see you all suppressed.

This is the news link http://indonesian.irib.ir/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27892&Itemid=59

Menyusul peristiwa itu, Wartawan IRIB berhasil menghubungi Ustadz Hasan Alatas yang juga aktivis dan pengikut Ahlul Bait as. Dalam penjelasannya, Ustadz Hasan Alatas tidak menyalahkan penuh pihak polisi dan JAIS yang menggerebek komunitas Hauzah Al-Ridho.

Menurutnya, Kasus ini harus dicermati dengan baik dan para pengikut Ahlul Bait di nusantara baik Malaysia maupun Indonesia jangan terprovokasi. Dikatakannya, "Jangan mudah terprovokasi dengan berita yang tersebar."

Ustadz Hasan Alatas menjelaskan, "Acara peringatan Imam Husein as adalah hal yang terpuji. Apalagi Asyura juga menjadi sumber inspirasi anti-kezaliman di muka bumi. Namun hal itu bukan kemudian menjadi alasan untuk melanggar ketertiban umum. "

"Aktivitas agama dan ketertiban umum juga harus diselaraskan, " tegas Ustadz Hasan Alatas

Ketika ditanya bentuk pelanggaran Hauzah Al Ridho dalam menggelar peringatan hari kesyahidan Imam Husein as, Ustadz Hasan Alatas menjelaskan, " Kegiatan itu dilaksakan hingga larut malam, bahkan dengan pengeras suara yang terdengar hingga warga sekitar. "

" Warga sekitar tentunya merasa terganggu. Untuk itu, para warga melaporkan pihak berwajib, yang kemudian berbuntut pada penggerebekan atas komunitas pengajian tersebut, " tambah Ustadz Hasan Alatas.

This appears to be a false news source

Translation: IRIB contacted Hasan Alatas in Malaysia who is supposedly said, "The majlis was done until late midnight using loud-speakers. This may have caused disturbance and provoked the neighbors to call the police"

But you can see how false the news is. The raid happened at 10:15pm. Even Shaykh Hassan al-Attas denied he said this.

(salam)

This is a translation from Malay to English of the online news http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/bahasa/article/saya-tak-akan-tunduk-desakan-pengikut-syiah-kata-pengarah-jais/

Headline: I will not back down due to Shia pressure

December 28 2010 Kuala Lumpur: The Director of the Selangor Religious Department (JAIS), Datuk Khusrin Munawi said that he will never apologize to 200 Shias that was arrested and detained by his department about 2 weeks ago.

According to Khusrin, his side has enough evidences that members of the group (Shia) that was arrested on December 15 have deviated from the teaching of the Sunnah wal-Jamaah.

“We have followed the group for the last 2 years and we have evidences that they deviated from Islam”

“I will not apologize, why should I apologize to people that we have arrested”.

“If they were simply gathering, that would not be an issue. But they (Shia) were gathering to spread their belief (Shia) and that is wrong. This is the reason why we were quick to act. If we allowed them (Shias) to continue, it will become terrible”. He (Khusrin) stated after being contacted by the Malaysian Insider.

Khusrin challenged the Shia group to take the matters to court if they (Shia) are not happy with the arrest done by the JAIS (Selangor Religious Department/Authority).

“If unhappy, tell the court. We have evidences that they (Shia) have deviated”.

“Even in the fatwa that was distributed in Selangor, it has clearly specified that the Shia Faith is a deviation and is considered as ‘a deviant group’.” He continued.

The fatwa that was published by the State of Selangor in 1998 decided that “The Shia Faith is found to be deviated and against Islam that is based on the Sunnah wal-Jamaah. Muslims who are Shias need to return back to the true Islam”.

At a special meeting for the society members of National Majlis for all Muslims in Malaysia on May 5th 1996, it was decided that every Muslims in Malaysia is only permitted to follow Islamic faith based on the Sunnah wal-jamaah on matters of Akeedah, Syariah and Akhlak. {{I feel really oppressed after reading this! :( }}

Yesterday, a group of Shias urged Khusrin to make a public apology for arresting 200 Shias because this is a human rights abuse and violation of their rights.

200 people who were arrested consist of Universities lecturers and professors, students of higher learning, lawyers and government employees.

SA,

Do you have the link to the denial by Sheikh Al-Attas? That would be good to read. I couldn't find it through google.

The time discrepancy is really something disturbing, too much false news.

I'm really very doubtful about the loudspeakers being so loud. I know Sheikh Zuhairi has had an understanding with JAIS,

Bro Faisal,

Were you there during the raid?

Edited by 145_turbo_16V

Salam everybody.

Could one of the more informed brothers/sisters create a word document that includes

A brief summary of the historical facts and the current situation for shias. Maybe also a quick timeline of recent events and the expected date of the ‘trials.’

Also information about what the shia Ulama in Malaysia wish from us outside the country. For example do they want us to inform the embassies that we the followers of Ahulbayt (a.s) are going to boycott Aall things Malaysian until all charges are dropped. Or do they feel this would be counter productive.

Once we have this document we can be in a much better situation to disseminate this information to shias around the world. We can take advantage of all the majlises going on and make sure that the document is read out at our own Islamic centres.

Inshallah with the barakah of this holy month I pray that by the 40th all these charges will be dropped.

With duas

Salam,

Not important if i was in the raid or not. Do understand.

Could one of the more informed brothers/sisters create a word document that includes

A brief summary of the historical facts and the current situation for shias. Maybe also a quick timeline of recent events and the expected date of the ‘trials.’

Go through the thread, you'll get everything. Thanks to Sis Zareen for doing a lot, a lot i mean. May Allah, Rasulullah saw and Maksumin a.s reward her for so many she had done. You can also get the press release and even the template of letter to protest can be found in IHRC site (Islamic international human rights) a day after the raid.

Also information about what the shia Ulama in Malaysia wish from us outside the country. For example do they want us to inform the embassies that we the followers of Ahulbayt (a.s) are going to boycott Aall things Malaysian until all charges are dropped. Or do they feel this would be counter productive.

There will be many conflicting news, even from Irib. If there is green people in Iran, dont you think in Malaysia there is also green people? Note that Shia not always Usuli, there are also ahbari. Protest to embassy. up until now only Thailand Shia protested to Malaysian Embassy. Malaysia care for their moderate image outside, if this image contradict internationally, Malaysian authorities will spare us. The gay movement in Malaysia (hate to mention this here) used this tactic. so the homosexual solidarity keep them to even parade all night if they want. the allgeations are really bad, Shia spill sunni blood? Tell Malaysian embassy we are afraid of this. so we will cancel our trip to Malaysian island, or cancel our business, or cancel our plan to study in Malaysia. They will have to work to counter back and they will hate Khusrin for starting this stupid act.

Once we have this document we can be in a much better situation to disseminate this information to shias around the world. We can take advantage of all the majlises going on and make sure that the document is read out at our own Islamic centres.

The Press Release translated, the video, the breaking news all translated by Sis Zareen will make all of you understand stuffs happening.

For your information, there is no local media coverage at all about Shia seeking apology from Khusrin. But Alhamdulillah, a good Christian journalist appear to help, and pass the press release to foreign wire.

145Turbo, i understand the issue. protest at malaysian embassy on the capacity of US Shia citizen. anything with US tag will make Malaysia cry a lot. Malaysia care more about US perception rather than OIC or Al Azhar. If they care other Moslems nation, why do you think they oppressed us here?

Wassalam

(salam)

SA,

Do you have the link to the denial by Sheikh Al-Attas? That would be good to read. I couldn't find it through google.

The time discrepancy is really something disturbing, too much false news.

I'm really very doubtful about the loudspeakers being so loud. I know Sheikh Zuhairi has had an understanding with JAIS,

Bro Faisal,

Were you there during the raid?

http://syiahali.wordpress.com/2010/12/27/ustadz-hasan-alatas-yang-juga-tokoh-terkemuka-di-kalangan-pengikut-ahlul-bait-as-di-malaysia-hauzah-al-ridho-di-malaysia-harus-dipertahankan/

There is also another link from irib indonesia. I am trying to locate the link.

Some of you may not know this, but Hasan al-atas went to prison under the notorious ISA (Internal Security Act) for two years simply for being a Shia in Malaysia. This happened in November 1997. A dozen Shias were jailed with him for “spreading of the deviant teaching (Shia)”.

And this can happen again. They don’t care about us (Shias) in Malaysia. :(

Salam everybody.

Inshallah with the barakah of this holy month I pray that by the 40th all these charges will be dropped.

With duas

(wasalam)

We can definitely work with you on this. For the timeline, start with the day the Malaysia Shia center (Hauza ar-Ridha) was raided (December 15th or Muharam 9th).

A lot of information can be found in this thread here itself.

Facets of Shi'ite Islam in Contemporary South-East Asia: Malaysia and Singapore

www.rsis.edu.sg/publications/WorkingPapers/WP121.pdf

Old ShiaChat topics

Government banning our Shia books in 2003

and others

Jais: Shiite adherents not scared of ISA

Some of them were arrested under the ISA, and yet they are still active, says Jais deputy director.

Selangor Islamic Authority (Jais) deputy director of enforcement Mohamad Rais Rasid said that the use of the Internal Security Act had failed to deter the Shiite sect's activities.

“Some of them were arrested under the ISA, and yet they are still active,” he said.

Mohamad Rais added that the Islamic authorities will nevertheless continue to monitor and take action against the group it labeled as deviant even though it may not be able to stamp it out completely.

“Even if actions against them failed to eradicate the movement, at least the public knows what Shiism is.”

“If there are actions from religious authorities - and if they truly understand what Islam is and our faith as followers of the Sunnah Wal Jamaah school of thought - they will stay away from Shiite teachings,” reasoned the Jais official.

Some of the more aggressive actions that have been taken against Shiite adherents included the 1997 crackdown which saw 10 leaders of the sect held for two years without trial under the dreaded ISA for causing “religious disharmony” and being “a national threat”.

These include lecturers Lutpi Othman, Fadzullah Shuib and Che Kamarulzaman Che Ismail.

Nine of them were released in 1998 - one year after their detention, while Che Kamarulzaman was only released in 1999, though he is reportedly still living under restrictions to his personal freedom.

All three Shiite practitioners however are still active in practicing and propagating Shiite teachings to date.

Shiite teachings persistent

Commenting on the resilience of the branch of Islam thought considered deviant in Malaysia, Mohamad Rais said that the persistence of the belief can be seen via the blossoming of blogs and websites about Shiism.

“However, we cannot pinpoint where they are operating from, because it is difficult to trace blogs. If we have the location, we will investigate thoroughly one by one,” he said.

According to the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) website, there are an estimated 2,000 people who professed the minority Shiite branch of the Islamic faith, considered to be deviant in Malaysia.

The government considers only the Sunni denomination to be legal in Malaysia. Sunni Islam is the world's largest branch of the religion, followed by Shiite Islam.

(salam)

InshaAllah, soon I am going to work on translating three more videos from Malay to English. These videos are details of what happened when the Shias were arrested and detained for interrogation.

Meanwhile, I received another email from Malaysia. This is from an eyewitness who was there when the center was raided. According to him, the police are still present at the Hauzah ar-Ridha and in the surrounding areas.

He also said that on the night of the raid, all the news media joined the ‘festival’ and also they were many police who arrived with the authority that raided the center. The police were equipped with guns and ammunition. The crazy director (Khusrin) made is look as if we Shias are real terrorist and that the public need to fear us. And he made statement about Shias spilling the Sunni blood to cover up the setup. They were well armed to actually start a fight/war despite the fact that this could have harmed more than 100 children in the center. But it was Allah swt and his Prophet (pbuh) with their love prevented anything bad from happening.

There are number of reasons being discussed on why the Shia center was raided. These are unconfirmed report.

Shias are being used as a scapegoat because the director of the Selangor Religious Department (Khusrin) needed a “mega project” to secure his promotion. {Note: Since the raid, he is already promoted (fact)}

Fact: Khusrin (Director) is an agent of the ruling party (UMNO). He is promoted to the position of Selangor State Secretary. If you know the Malaysia political scene, you would know that the ruling party was defeated by the opposition (Anwar Ibrahim’s party) in the last election in the state (Selangor) which house the Malaysia capital (a huge embarrassment).

Unconfirmed report: It is believe that Khusrin (the Director) was planted by the ruling party (UMNO) to work for them until the next election (2011 or early 2012). In order to show that he is a very capable, dedicated and a strong bureaucrat, a big drama was needed. Hence the Shias become the target.

This was in his email.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Thank you for the updates. Praying for all our persecuted brothers and sisters~

Salam

and

Demands of Malaysian Shia community

1. We, the Community of the Lovers of Ahlul Bayt (Shiites) in Malaysia

and the Shiites all over the world demand a public apology from

Mohammed Khusrin bin Munawi and the Selangor Islamic Religious

Department after him and his officers had infringed our rights and

defamed us terribly.

2. We, the Community of the Lovers of Ahlul Bayt (Shiites) in

Malaysia and the Shiites all over the world demand a public apology

from the media who have slandered us baselessly.

3. We, the Community of the Lovers of Ahlul Bayt (Shiites) in

from scholars and religious leaders who have slandered us, especially

Hassan Din Al-Hafiz who said that our children, Shiite devotees

are illegitimate.

4. We, the Shiites of Malaysia offer a dialogue and would like to

extend our greetings and offer discussions with the

religious authorities of all states, particularly the Department of

Islamic Development Malaysia (JAKIM).

5. We, the Shiite of Malaysia offer a dialogue and would like to

extend our greetings and offer discussions with the relevant

authorities, i.e. the Prime Minister of Malaysia. We believe in the

slogan that was founded by his 1Malaysia which means to embrace all

minorities which exist, and give them their rights in accordance with

the spirit of the constitution.

6. We, the Shiites of Malaysia offer a dialogue and would like to

extend our greetings and offer discussions with legislators (MPs) who

are our representatives.

7. We, the Shiites of Malaysia offer a dialogue and would like to extend our greetings and offer discussions with all political entities,

including the opposition.

8. We, the Shiite of Malaysia offer dialogue and would like to extend

greetings and offer discussion with all social entities such as

non-governmental bodies.

Latest in the Malaysian press : New Straits Times

Rector: IIUM students not involved

KUALA LUMPUR: International Islamic University of Malaysia (IIUM) rector Prof Datuk Seri Dr Syed Arabi Idid emphasised that none of the university's students were involved with any Shia group.

He said so far there were no reports made saying that the students were involved with followers of Shia teaching.

"Stern action will be taken against our students involved with such followers," Syed Arabi told the media here today.

He added that any student who was involved would be regarded as having breached the ethics and disciplinary rules of the university.

"If any is arrested, we need to know the reason, as it is against the university's disciplinary rules," he said after signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Prof Dr Muhammad Ali Alakla, the rector of the Islamic University of Medina, Saudi Arabia.

Syed Arabi was commenting on a raid by the Selangor Islamic Religious Department which led to the detention of about 200 Shia followers in Taman Seri Gombak, Selangor on Dec 17.

Among those detained were believed to be lecturers, students of higher learning institutions, lawyers and government servants.

The MoU, which was signed here yesterday, involved dialogue sessions to be held every year to discuss in detail the Islamic civilisation.

"In this dialogue, which will be held alternately in Malaysia and Medina, we will assemble Muslim scholars to discuss and exchange ideas on Islam," Syed Arabi said. -- Bernama

Read more: Rector: IIUM students not involved http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/6syiah/Article/#ixzz19kQnNLsX

Please show your support on fb :http://www.causes.com/causes/559231

http://aimislam.com/categoryblog/1793-malaysia-raid-on-ashura-gathering.html

special page dedicated to this issue by our brothers in sweden : www.syiahmalaysia.blogg.se

(salam)

I read the news (on MalaysiaKini) that they are hunting for students and professors who have “Shia” inclination. This is another scaring tactics.

"In this dialogue, which will be held alternately in Malaysia and Medina, we will assemble Muslim scholars to discuss and exchange ideas on Islam," Syed Arabi said. – Bernama

Don’t we have enough wahhabi dialogues in Malaysia. Can someone please tell the Malaysia religious authority that the Wahhabi/Salafi is a cult and not really a valid Islamic sect :dry:

(bismillah)

Malaysia's Shiite Muslims Demanded Apology from Authorities

Shiite Muslims in Malaysia have made a rare public plea for authorities to let them legally worship amid fears of a clampdown on outlawed religious groups, a human rights official said on Tuesday.

83561.jpg(AhlulBayt News Agency) - Malaysian religious officials allow only Sunni Islam to be openly practiced by Muslims, who make up nearly two-thirds of this Southeast Asian country's population. All other Islamic denominations including the Shiite are considered illegal. Sunni Islam is the world's largest branch of the religion, followed by Shiite Islam, which is practiced mostly in Iran, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Bahrain, Lebanon, Kuwait and Yemen though there are sizable minority populations in many Muslim countries.

Islamic authorities detained more than 200 Shiite Muslims at a prayer meeting in central Malaysia earlier this month in one of the largest recent mass arrests of its kind. Government-linked newspapers have since published articles warning people to avoid illegal sects.

About 30 Shiite community representatives handed a petition to Malaysia's government-backed Human Rights Commission this week seeking its help to curb any further crackdown, said Muhammad Sha'ani Abdullah, a member of the rights watchdog. "If religious freedom is granted to (other Malaysian) minorities such as Hindus, Buddhists, Christians and Sikhs, then why are we insulted, denigrated, slandered and now threatened simply for practicing the beliefs of our forefathers?" Shiite representative Kamil Zuhairi Abdul Aziz wrote in the petition, which was also posted on Internet forums.

Islamic department officials who could comment on the issue were not immediately available Tuesday.

Prior to the arrest of Imam Hussain Mourners on the day of Ashura and the unprecedented propaganda attack on the Malaysian Shia Community, the group along with issuing a statement on refusing the posed charges, demanded a public apology from the media and some extremist Religious Departments.

The statement which is signed by representatives of Malaysian Shia community reads as follows:

Demands of Malaysian Shia community

1. We, the Community of the Lovers of Ahlul Bayt (Shiites) in Malaysia

and the Shiites all over the world demand a public apology from

Mohammed Khusrin bin Munawi and the Selangor Islamic Religious

Department after him and his officers had infringed our rights and

defamed us terribly.

2. We, the Community of the Lovers of Ahlul Bayt (Shiites) in

from the media who have slandered us baselessly.

3. We, the Community of the Lovers of Ahlul Bayt (Shiites) in

from scholars and religious leaders who have slandered us, especially

Hassan Din Al-Hafiz who said that our children, Shiite devotees

are illegitimate.

4. We, the Shiites of Malaysia offer a dialogue and would like to

extend our greetings and offer discussions with the

religious authorities of all states, particularly the Department of

Islamic Development Malaysia (JAKIM).

5. We, the Shiite of Malaysia offer a dialogue and would like to

extend our greetings and offer discussions with the relevant

authorities, i.e. the Prime Minister of Malaysia. We believe in the

slogan that was founded by his 1Malaysia which means to embrace all

minorities which exist, and give them their rights in accordance with

the spirit of the constitution.

6. We, the Shiites of Malaysia offer a dialogue and would like to

extend our greetings and offer discussions with legislators (MPs) who

are our representatives.

7. We, the Shiites of Malaysia offer a dialogue and would like to extend our greetings and offer discussions with all political entities,

including the opposition.

8. We, the Shiite of Malaysia offer dialogue and would like to extend

greetings and offer discussion with all social entities such as

non-governmental bodies.

The Shiites face a stiff challenge because authorities have repeatedly defended their policies against non-Sunni teachings as necessary to preserve public stability and the integrity of Islamic teachings. Nevertheless, some Malaysian Islamic scholars support the right of Shiites to practice their beliefs.

The Shiites arrested recently have been released, but officials have said they might eventually be charged in Shariah courts with the crime of following the teachings of a deviationist movement, which is punishable by two years in jail.

Muhammad Sha'ani said the rights commission is working to arrange meetings between the Shiite community and government and Islamic affairs authorities to achieve "some peaceful agreement and mutual understanding."

"We are looking for a conciliatory solution, since there's no point in being confrontational," Muhammad Sha'ani told the AP. He declined to confirm whether the commission formally supports the Shiites' petition but added that "everyone should have the freedom to practice their own faith and religion."

Muhammad Sha'ani estimated there might be tens of thousands of Shiites in Malaysia, a country of 28 million people. Some have told rights activists over the years they are forced to hide their beliefs to avoid trouble with authorities and are unable to have formal places of worship, Muhammad Sha'ani said.

Malaysia's government has consistently denied it practices religious discrimination, saying the country is a model of Islamic moderation. However, some Malaysians have complained about policies that make it legally impossible for Muslims to convert to other religions and problematic for non-Muslims to build new churches and temples.

/106 - 159

http://www.abna.ir/d...ang=3&Id=219052

The Shia Controversy in Malaysia

I think it is really exciting how multiple stories are enfolding at once and all are related to each other closely and best of all, the issue is taking on an international perspective making matters even more complicated

85282.jpg

(AhlulBayt News Agency) - It is really exciting how multiple stories are enfolding at once and all are related to each other closely and best of all, the issue is taking on an international perspective making matters even more complicatedFirst, was the announcement by Selangor Islamic Religious Department (JAIS) Head Muhammad Khusrin Munawi that there was to be no tolerance of the Shia sect teachings of Islam because of the instability it would cause the nation. 200 Shi'ite Muslims were then arrested by the authority because they were "threats to national security."

While this garnered some attention, nothing really came about it apart from Marina Mahathir's blog that brought attention to the Amman Message, a document that seeks to declare what is and is not Islam; a document that recognizes the Shia sect; a document that is recognized by the Malaysian government, signed by Tan Sri Hamid Othman in 2004.

Then just recently, Muhammad Khusrin Munawi was transferrred from JAIS to be the Selangor State Secretary, right hand man to Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim, this transfer being approved by the Sultan of Selangor but not accepted by the Selangor State Government which has now stimulated talk about Tan Sri Khalid disrespecting the Selangor palace.

That being said, The Star explains that the Sultan of Selangor has an interest in the position because of his responsibility to protect Islam and Malay rights within the state and has been unhappy with the way the Pakatan Rakyat government has handled and addressed these issues. His endorsement of Khusrin Munawi is suggested to be an attempt to provide some direction he feels is needed.

However, Muhammad Khusrin Munawi's actions at JAIS against Shi'ites is attracting web attention with AFP and Washington Post picking up the story. That 10-20% of Muslims are Shi'ites and Shia Muslims make up the majority in Iran suggest that an international light on Khusrin Munawi's perspective on Shia Islam may not be the best thing for him right now or for the Sultan of Selangor.

What will come of all this? Probably nothing if this isn't picked up further by international media. The Palace will get its way, Khalid Ibrahim will back down and Malaysia will reaffirm its position in favor of Sunni Islam. But if the story does get picked up and international persecution follows, then Malaysia may have a lot of people to answer to and will have to think quick about the statements published and positions endorsed. That would be a thrilling story to follow.

End item/ 159

Malaysia Respects Shi'ite Teachings In Other Countries - Jamil Khir

While Malaysia has diplomatic relations with Islamic countries, like Iran, which practise the Shi'ite teachings, it has banned such teachings in this country.

83770.jpg(AhlulBayt News Agency) - Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Jamil Khir Baharom said the government had banned the Shi'ite teachings as it could mislead the people and contradict the Sunni teachings followed by Malaysians.

"If there are two sects in this country, it may lead to bloodshed because the Muslim society will have differences in religious opinion, like what has happened to Muslim societies in Pakistan and Iraq.

"The government disallows the spreading of this (Shi'ite) teaching, following several wrongful propogations which could stir the harmony of the Muslims in this country," he said.

Jamil Khir was speaking to reporters after presenting school uniforms to 450 students of the Jerai parliamentary constituency, at a secondary religious school here. The uniforms were donated by the Jerai Umno division.

Last Thursday, the Selangor Islamic Religious Department detained 200 Shi'ite followers in an operation at a shoplot in Taman Sri Gombak, Batu Caves, near Kuala Lumpur.

Jamil Khir said, to maintain the harmonious Muslim society in the country, the government and the state Islamic religious departments should monitor and take appropriate action to contain such activities from spreading.

/106

http://abna.ir/data....ang=1&id=217567

Edited by Orion

(bismillah)

Why the Malaysian Islamic Authorities act against Islam!?

The Malaysian Islamic Authorities should consider the following facts and respect the efforts over the years of the peace loving Muslim ummah recorded as follows:

85921.jpg

(AhlulBayt News Agency) - FACT 1 - The generations of Muslim of the first three centuries never followed any of those 4 sects of the so called "Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama'ah" at all. Where were those sects during those three generations, the best generations ever? Al¬Ash`ari was born in 270 A.H. and died in 320 A.H. Ibn Hanbal was born in 164 A.H. and died in 241 A.H. Al¬Shafi`i was born in 150 A.H. and died in 204 A.H. Malik was born in 95 A.H. and died in 179 A.H. Abu Hanifah was born in 80 A.H. and died in 150 A.H.

FACT 2 - Shi'as follow the sect of the Imams from the Prophet's Household, and the household surely know what their house contains. Non¬ Shi'as follow the sects of the learned sahabah and tabi`in; so, what makes it "mandatory" on all Muslims, after those three centuries had gone by, to follow those sects instead of the one followed before them? What made them divert their attention from those who were peers only to the Book of Allah and its own companions, the descendants of the Messenger of Allah and his trustees, the nation's ark of salvation, the leaders, the security, and the Gate of Salvation?

A fatwa was issued by the rector of Al-Azhar University, Mahmud Shaltut, recognizing Shia Islamic law as the fifth school of Islamic law. In 1959, al-Azhar University in Cairo, the most influential center of Sunni learning, authorized the teaching of courses of Shia jurisprudence as part of its curriculum.

The Amman Message started as a detailed statement released the eve of the 27th of Ramadan 1425 AH / 9th November 2004 CE by H.M. King Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein in Amman, Jordan. It sought to declare what Islam is and what it is not, and what actions represent it and what actions do not. Its goal was to clarify to the modern world the true nature of Islam and the nature of true Islam.

In order to give this statement more religious authority, H.M. King Abdullah II then sent the following three questions to 24 of the most senior religious scholars from all around the world representing all the branches and schools of Islam: (1) Who is a Muslim? (2) Is it permissible to declare someone an apostate (takfir)? (3) Who has the right to undertake issuing fatwas (legal rulings)?

Based on the fatwas provided by these great scholars (who included the Shaykh Al-Azhar; Ayatollah Sistani and Sheikh Qaradawi), in July 2005 CE, H.M. King Abdullah II convened an international Islamic conference of 200 of the world's leading Islamic scholars 'Ulama) from 50 countries. In Amman, the scholars unanimously issued a ruling on three fundamental issues (which became known as the 'Three Points of the Amman Message'):

1. They specifically recognized the validity of all 8 Mathhabs (legal schools) of Sunni, Shi'a and Ibadhi Islam; of traditional Islamic Theology (Ash'arism); of Islamic Mysticism (Sufism), and of true Salafi thought, and came to a precise definition of who is a Muslim.

2. Based upon this definition they forbade takfir (declarations of apostasy) between Muslims.

3. Based upon the Mathahib they set forth the subjective and objective preconditions for the issuing of fatwas, thereby exposing ignorant and illegitimate edicts in the name of Islam.

These Three Points were then unanimously adopted ( from July 2005 to July 2006 ) by the Islamic World's political and temporal leaderships. In total, over 500 leading Muslim scholars worldwide as can be seen on www.ammanmessage.com unanimously endorsed the Amman Message and its Three Points.

Grand list of endorsements of the Amman Message and its three points (July 2005–July 2006) involving Total number of signatures = 552 from 84 countries (including Malaysia with 8 signatories).

/106

http://www.abna.ir/d...ang=3&id=219452

Edited by Orion

Salam,

A must read here: Iranian Parliament Contacts Malaysia over Violation of Shiites' Rights

TEHRAN (FNA)- The Iranian parliament's Islamic Human Rights Commission sent a letter to the Malaysian officials over some recent reports on the violation of the rights of the country's Shiite population.

After reports said that the rights of the Shiite population in Malaysia have recently been violated by the country's officials, the International Affairs office of the Human Rights Commission pursued the issue through correspondence with Malaysian officials.

Leaders of Malaysia's Shiite Muslim community have appealed to the nation's human rights commission for protection against persecution because of their faith.

Rights commission officials said Tuesday that Shiite community leaders are upset after 200 of their members were arrested at a prayer meeting earlier this month. Shiite leaders say the sect has about 40,000 followers in Malaysia who practice their religion mainly in secret.

Shiite community leader Kamil Zuhairi Abdul Aziz told AFP the group had submitted a protest letter to the national human rights commission (Suhakam) after a recent raid of their prayer hall by state religious officers.

"The officers broke into and damaged our prayer hall which is private property and where we were having special prayers for Prophet Mohammad's grandchildren," he said.

"If other communities like Hindus, Buddhists, Christians, Sikhs and others have their right to worship and practice under the constitution then why not us," Kamil Zuhairi added.

"We were condemned, criticized, slandered and threatened in local media just because we practice what had been preached by our ancestors who were Shiites and have lived in Malaysia for centuries."

Kamil Zuhairi said there were about 40,000 Shiite followers in Malaysia but most practiced their faith behind closed doors for fear of being stigmatized and targeted by the authorities.

A state Islamic religious department official, who declined to be named, told AFP the detainees, who include Pakistanis, Iranians and Indonesians, had been released on bail.

He said investigations were still ongoing and that the group could be charged for not following Sunni Islam, considered the only legal sect of Islam in Malaysia.

Malaysia, where nearly two-thirds of the population is Muslim, is generally tolerant of other religions. But it allows only the mainstream Sunni branch of Islam, barring other forms of Islam as deviant cults.

Shiites make up around 15 percent of Muslims worldwide. They represent the majority populations in Iraq, Iran and Bahrain and form significant communities in Afghanistan, Lebanon, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

Shiites believe the Prophet Mohammed should have been succeeded by his cousin Ali rather than his companion Abu Bakr. Traditional Sunnis believe any suggestion that Abu Bakr was a usurper is tantamount to blasphemy.

The Shiites are one of several Islamic sects under close watch by Malaysian religious authorities, which crack down hard on so-called deviant groups that deviate from their so-called orthodox teachings.

Link here: http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=8910120975

Salam,

I just want all of you to know, here, in malaysia - The Malaysian Islamic Development Department (Jakim) will not take any legal action against a Malay-Muslim man who confessed recently on Youtube that he was a practising homosexual. Jakim director-general Datuk Wan Mohamad Sheikh Abdul Aziz said today that the department did not have any powers to take legal action against Azwan Ismail for confessing that he was “gay”. Link: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/jakim-says-powerless-to-act-against-gay-malay/

Gays okay, but Shiite not okay: "Malaysia adalah negara Islam berasaskan Ahli Sunnah Wal-Jamaah (ASWJ). Keputusan Jawatankuasa Fatwa Kebangsaan pada 1996 menetapkan umat Islam di Malaysia hendaklah hanya mengikut ajaran Islam yang berasaskan pegangan ASWJ dari segi akidah, syariah dan akhlak. Kedua, memperakukan pindaan kepada semua Undang-undang Negeri berhubung hukum syarak bagi menyelaraskan takrif hukum syarak atau undang-undang Islam yang berasaskan pegangan ASWJ dari segi akidah, syariah dan akhlak." Basically its mean, malaysia only recognize ahlus sunnah wal jamaah, anything than that will go to jail. Link here: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/breakingviews/article/antara-hak-asasi-dan-mazhab-rasmi-negara-mohd-aizam-masod/

So way to go malaysia: gay is okay, Shiite goes to jail.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I like Malaysia over all...have only heard good things about it

But this is ridiculous with a CAPITAL R

RIDICULOUS

Get your act together Malaysia!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

You don't even understand how much stunts like this anger the majority of the [sANE] Sunni's

If your even going to ATTEMPT to do something like this...Try implementing the Islamic law that ALL sects agree on before conducting such fringe activities

:mad:

Edited by Glow

"Better late than never".

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=8910120975

Salam.

Finally we get some news from Iran regarding this issue. This time around, (unlike in 1997 and 2000) they have to take note because one of those who were detained and will be charged is an Iranian. Hujjatul Islam Mohsen Radmard. ... Imagine, the media saying that he is allegedly the leader of this 'cult', 'deviationists'.. whatever.

If Hujjatul Islam Radmard is considered to be deviated from Islam, then where, may we ask, did he learn from? The hauzah ilmiyya in Qom. Then what Qom is teaching is 'wrong' according to JAIS's and the Malaysian mufti's rulings. Then what does this mean? The whole of Iran and other people who 'follow' the teachings at the hauzah ilmiyya in Qom as deviant and wrong.

Alhamdulillah, Iran has responded. We have yet to hear other Islamic organizations or Islamic centres except from Singapore who have protested to this oppression to our shia brothers in Malaysia. (there were also shias from other nationalities who were detained on that night).

Please, those of you who have info of any petition or protests against this oppression on shiism in Malaysia, could you share it with us. United we stand!

Wa Husainaah! Wa Gharibaah!

Edited by kayjay

(salam)

I am pleased to note that all my translations have already been “added” to the youtube video of the Malaysian Shia Center (Hauzah ar-Ridha) raid.

To all of you non-Malay speaking people, please go here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ2r9TZedbo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And see the video (of the raid) with subtitles!

Also,

The news from Iran is very encouraging.

Alhamdulillah, Iran has responded. We have yet to hear other Islamic organizations or Islamic centres except from Singapore who have protested to this oppression to our shia brothers in Malaysia. (there were also shias from other nationalities who were detained on that night).

This is very unfortunate brother. Unfortunately, the predominately Sunni countries in the world seem to be blind to acts perpetrated by their Sunni brethren. Please do keep in mind that the Shias in Pakistan are gunned down in broad daylight but you don’t hear a lot of condemnation or well thought-out actions to stop the “Sunni/Wahhabi/Salafi” extremist.

If possible please let all your Sunni friends know that the Sunni Government in the South East Asia (Malaysia) is oppressing their Shia minority.

Edited by Zareen