Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Earbuds And Hijab

Rate this topic

Ver02

• Basic Members

Salam Alyakum

I've been wearing hijab for about 7 months and I have trouble keeping my underscarf and hijab straightened and comfortable with earbuds. For work I sit at a desk all day at computer & I listen to my ipod (yes, music, but also islamic lectures and podcasts, Qur'an and audiobooks) and I find that I'm having to adjust the underscarf frequently. I'm the only hijabi in the office and the office is full of people--I want my hijab to look nice. For tube underscarves, they end up pushed up over my ears (my bun is the only thing keeping it from sliding completely off my head), so I'm constantly pulling it down. I'll look at myself in the mirror and be startled---hair will be showing up around my temple. Bonnets don't slide as much...I have much more control, but I find that frequently my ears will be hurting. I wear a high bun (i get massive headaches if i wear a low bun) and often I find the bonnets back opening is too low and does not work so well for my bun. I have long hair and a regular ponytail leaves hair hanging out the back, so my hair does need to be up.

Anyone else have this problem? Any tips for earbud wearers?

• Advanced Member

Assalam 3laikum sis.

congratulations on the hijab,. I myself have only been wearing the hijab since august... i dont seem to have that problem, I gues its how you wear your bun though.. i wear mine medium, not low, not high, but dead centre.. i guess. my underscarf stays in place, is yours too loose? maybe pin it at the back so its tighter around your face. Make sure you use your pins, there very usefull :P

try wearing your hijab in different styles. I always try to mix my hijab styles, but i have realised that the simpler, the easier it stays in place. too fancy and i find myself constantly adjusting, its rather annoying. plus, hijab isnt meant to make you look "better", just a simple hijab is the most beneficial for a woman, but thats a whole different topic.

but inshallaah try pining your underscarf at the back so its tighter for your own sake

let me know how it goes.

inshallah kheir habibti.

may Allah reward you for the step you have taken!

• Basic Members

Well, I misunderstood part of your response, but it worked very well anyway. When you said to pin the back, i understood you to mean to pin the underscarf to my back :) so today I pinned it to the back of my undershirt and that worked perfectly. It kept my underscarf straight and i didnt have to mess with it much at all. No headache...my ears didn't hurt. It was wonderful. So my misunderstanding worked out very well. Thanks for your reply.

Edited by Ver02

• Basic Members

Wa Alaikum Salaam sis. I too am a new hijabi. Although I don't use ear buds, I also have major issues with my under scarves riding up. I am definitely gonna try pinning them after reading this post and hope that works for me. As far as the ear buds go, I have never liked them personally, so I use the headphones that go behind your head. Could you try using a type like this?

• Advanced Member

Salam!!

Also, if the shirt is too low to pin the underscarf too, you can always sew a few stitches in the back of it :)

hmm im not sure how to explain it clearly, but what im trying to say is wear the underscarf and tighten it to a comfortable level in the back, pinch that place with ur thumb and finger and take it off, then put a few stitches in it and you'll have a good solution :P tada xD

hope this helps!!