Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I Feel Horrible, I Think Im A Horrible Muslim =/

Rate this topic

Nasiba

• Advanced Member

salaam

i need to be a better Muslim, i try really hard, i try to pray on time, and read, i love reading books about Islam and so on. i am the only muslim girl at my school and there are no masjid near. we have mosque but i dont feel like i belong there, i know this is really sad to say, but i am telling the truth. i love masjids soooo much, when i was in Afghanistan and Pakistan i would go every day, so many times. i miss those days, i feel like crying cuz i have no support. the mosque that we go to is sunni mosque, which is fine with me, but we only go there on Saturday for two hours, and the things they say, i already know. also, its maybe because i want to go to shia mosque, everyday if i can. again there are no shia mosque where i live, there is one but all the way to Chicago, il which is three hours away.

i want to be a good muslim, i really do, i dont know what should i do. i do things that i can such as wearing modest clothes, though i dont wear hijab =/ i dont lie or cheat or anything, i always tell the truth even though if its sad like me not wanting to go to sunday school and so on.

i pray on time, most of the time. i usually have loads of assignments and so that interferes with my praying time =/

please link any websites for me to learn, all i want to do is learn and then put it into practice.

thank you sooooooooooooo much♥

and may Allah swt bless you all soooooooooo much for answering this, and i am pretty new, well kinda old member, but i never get on here which needs to CHANGE =)

wasalaam/khuda hafiz ♥

• Advanced Member

Allah Says:

"We created Humans as the best of our creations"

Dont feel horrible for an explainable situation

you are a great person .. believe that and ask Allah in the name of Mohammad Wa Aale Mohammad (as)...to solve your insecurities inside.. try to pray as much as you can.. if your stuck still convincing..to pray or not..make a 2 rakat namaz and pray and ask Allah to help you be a better and more punctual prayee... Insha Allah it would do you miracles.. and you will start hating your self ... for whatever you are into...

You need to love yourself primarily to be loved and to give back love...that does not mean selfish .. just loving ones self simply to glorify ones esteem and self respect..

May Allah help us all.. and bless us with HIS bounties here and in the afterlife....

• Advanced Member

Allah Says:

"We created Humans as the best of our creations"

Dont feel horrible for an explainable situation

you are a great person .. believe that and ask Allah in the name of Mohammad Wa Aale Mohammad (as)...to solve your insecurities inside.. try to pray as much as you can.. if your stuck still convincing..to pray or not..make a 2 rakat namaz and pray and ask Allah to help you be a better and more punctual prayee... Insha Allah it would do you miracles.. and you will start hating your self ... for whatever you are into...

You need to love yourself primarily to be loved and to give back love...that does not mean selfish .. just loving ones self simply to glorify ones esteem and self respect..

May Allah help us all.. and bless us with HIS bounties here and in the afterlife....

salaaaam!

thank you sooo very much! inshallah my family will move to houston, texas because there seem to have amazing programs

and i also watch salaamtv all the time. i feel horrible, sometimes because i think i should be more religious than i am right now, you know what i mean, i used to be very religious but i guess the surrounding of the atmosphere around me somewhat changed me. =/ such as friends and tv and so on...

thank you again for your supportive comment

Hi Salaams !!

Islam is a very simple religion where if you understand the "basic" fundamentals of the religion, everything complex falls into place. It's difficult to understand your point of wanting to be more religious, remembering the words of our Imam Ali (as) and subsequently other Imams, Imam Jafar Sadiq (as) who have given utmost importance to gaining knowledge, i feel it should be your endeavor to gain more KNOWLEDGE and it will subsequently guide you towards the right path in Islam as enlightenment is just around the corner Insha'Allah !

• Advanced Member

Hi Salaams !!

Islam is a very simple religion where if you understand the "basic" fundamentals of the religion, everything complex falls into place. It's difficult to understand your point of wanting to be more religious, remembering the words of our Imam Ali (as) and subsequently other Imams, Imam Jafar Sadiq (as) who have given utmost importance to gaining knowledge, i feel it should be your endeavor to gain more KNOWLEDGE and it will subsequently guide you towards the right path in Islam as enlightenment is just around the corner Insha'Allah !

salaaam

yes, i think you are very right, i keep wanting to know more about Islam, and i love learning from different sort of resources. i feel like i dont know enough, i dont know how to explain this, but i just lovee learning about Islam. it makes me soooo happy when i read and read about our prophets life, our imams life, and the lady's of Islam and their quotes.it makes me love life, i am so blessed of this life, and all thanks to Allah swt.

i think inshallah i will read a lot during my break from school, which will be in 4 days inshallah!

well, thank you sooooooooo very much for taking few minutes of your life, in helping me out!

may Allah swt bless you and your dearest family. ameen wa rabel alameen. ♥

• Advanced Member

I think the thing that's making you feel horrible is the Hijab part. A Muslima isn't complete without observing all of Allah's (swt) commands. Once you decide to let go of one thing, all the rest come crashing down like a house of cards.

A great website for learning is this:

http://www.al-islam.org/index.php?sid=258837912&t=176&cat=176

It has multiple online books.

Edited by Jay

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Sister, you cannot think in this manner. One of the major sin is losing hope in Allah swt mercy. You need to try to be a good Muslim. And if you fail, you sincerely repent to Allah swt to forgive your mistake. And you improve yourself.

We have this site over here where people can speak and learn about Islam, Insha Allah.

• Advanced Member

Assalaam

These are the Waswaasa of Shaytan telling you bad things about yourself so that you become weak and vulnerable. We all have problems and we all sin and Allah knows that :) But you realize and accept the fact that you can go wrong, and that are the signs of strength. Keep your sins and secrets between Allah and you and pray so that you maybe guided. Allah will never turn away a Muslim willing to worship Him inshaAllah :)

• Advanced Member

I think the thing that's making you feel horrible is the Hijab part. A Muslima isn't complete without observing all of Allah's (swt) commands. Once you decide to let go of one thing, all the rest come crashing down like a house of cards.

A great website for learning is this:

http://www.al-islam.org/index.php?sid=258837912&t=176&cat=176

It has multiple online books.

salaaam

thank you soooo very much for your comment!

I think hijab is very beautiful, but i also think perception matters when stating that hijab is part of being a good Muslim. in my perspective, i believe that hijab is defined as wearing modestly clothes, such as loosely and long sleeves, etc and also our manner and behavior is part of being hijabi not just wearing the hijab(head-covering). wearing hijab with loads of make-up is not hijab, but again thats how i view it as.

inshallah i will wear the head scarf, but i know being a good Muslim is not just wearing the head scarf, its a little part of it.

being a good Muslim is when you try your hardest and strive with all your mights. and also have the strongest faith with putting those beliefs into actions, such as praying, making dua, doing service work, and even smiling =)

thank you soooooo much for your answer!

make Allah swt bless you soo much and your dearest family inshallah, ameen wa rabel alameen♥

thanks for your time♥♥♥ =)

• Advanced Member

Assalaam

These are the Waswaasa of Shaytan telling you bad things about yourself so that you become weak and vulnerable. We all have problems and we all sin and Allah knows that :) But you realize and accept the fact that you can go wrong, and that are the signs of strength. Keep your sins and secrets between Allah and you and pray so that you maybe guided. Allah will never turn away a Muslim willing to worship Him inshaAllah :)

salaaaam!

thank you soooooooo very much for your comment and your time for asking my question.

your advices are truly amazing and you showed me to be determined about my faith and i am, inshallah hopefully i will do and improve myself =)

and i worry, its part of me lol i try to do everything perfect, and i guess i am classified as "A" personality but i know that if i want to do something for the good cause it will take awhile and determinations.

thank you again!!!

♥♥

may Allah swt reward you sooo very much!

• Advanced Member

salaaam

I think hijab is very beautiful, but i also think perception matters when stating that hijab is part of being a good Muslim. in my perspective, i believe that hijab is defined as wearing modestly clothes, such as loosely and long sleeves, etc and also our manner and behavior is part of being hijabi not just wearing the hijab(head-covering). wearing hijab with loads of make-up is not hijab, but again thats how i view it as.

inshallah i will wear the head scarf, but i know being a good Muslim is not just wearing the head scarf, its a little part of it.

being a good Muslim is when you try your hardest and strive with all your mights. and also have the strongest faith with putting those beliefs into actions, such as praying, making dua, doing service work, and even smiling =)

make Allah swt bless you soo much and your dearest family inshallah, ameen wa rabel alameen♥

Inshallah Allah will guide and protect you.

salaaam

Reading this makes me think you're on the right track. Keep it up, and you'll be in my prayers!

• Advanced Member

salaam

i need to be a better Muslim, i try really hard, i try to pray on time, and read, i love reading books about Islam and so on. i am the only muslim girl at my school and there are no masjid near. we have mosque but i dont feel like i belong there, i know this is really sad to say, but i am telling the truth. i love masjids soooo much, when i was in Afghanistan and Pakistan i would go every day, so many times. i miss those days, i feel like crying cuz i have no support. the mosque that we go to is sunni mosque, which is fine with me, but we only go there on Saturday for two hours, and the things they say, i already know. also, its maybe because i want to go to shia mosque, everyday if i can. again there are no shia mosque where i live, there is one but all the way to Chicago, il which is three hours away.

i want to be a good muslim, i really do, i dont know what should i do. i do things that i can such as wearing modest clothes, though i dont wear hijab =/ i dont lie or cheat or anything, i always tell the truth even though if its sad like me not wanting to go to sunday school and so on.

i pray on time, most of the time. i usually have loads of assignments and so that interferes with my praying time =/

please link any websites for me to learn, all i want to do is learn and then put it into practice.

and may Allah swt bless you all soooooooooo much for answering this, and i am pretty new, well kinda old member, but i never get on here which needs to CHANGE =)

wasalaam/khuda hafiz ♥

Salams,

Sister where do you live that there is no Shia mosque around??

• Advanced Member

salaaaam!

thank you soooooooo very much for your comment and your time for asking my question.

your advices are truly amazing and you showed me to be determined about my faith and i am, inshallah hopefully i will do and improve myself =)

and i worry, its part of me lol i try to do everything perfect, and i guess i am classified as "A" personality but i know that if i want to do something for the good cause it will take awhile and determinations.

thank you again!!!

♥♥

may Allah swt reward you sooo very much!

BarakAllah Feek :) No problem, but i would prefer your first confidant be Allah SWT, then us. Dont worry about not having a mosque. I cant go to the Mosque, cause there isnt a Shia mosque near by, and im a school-goer like you too. My parents yet dont know fully that i follow Shiasm, and i live in a Sunni society. But these are nothing compared to the Hardships of the Prophets and the Imams and the Ahle Bayet and their loyal supporters, w must learn not to complain and face it full on. Keep your sins and Sawabs between you and Allah, it will help build your strength. Have patience, as patience is one of Allah's most favorite virtues, and practiced by our dear Imams (peace be upon them). And always learn to do strive against shaytan, i.e. do Jihaad, as the very first jihaad made Fard upon a Muslim is to control him/herself. And lets not use this " ♥♥ " thing, ok sister? :P :)

Salaam.

Allahumma Salle Ala Muhammad Wa Ale Muhammad.

• Advanced Member

Salams,

i live in the quad cities,USA

Inshallah i am going to college in Texas, but for now, thanks to Allah swt, my family and our other friend got together and shared our love for our deem. we are doing it every night now. i invited my school friends to hear about imam Hussain and his great love for his ummah(us now) i am so thankful we are Muslims, worshiper of Allah swt, follower of Muhammad s.a.w and his beloved family(A.s)

thank for you so much for your comment, i am always happy to see my follow Muslim interest in helping me out.

may Allah swt reward in this holy mouth of muharram. inshallah.

Reading this makes me think you're on the right track. Keep it up, and you'll be in my prayers!

salaaam!

awh thank you so much, inshallah you are in my prayers as well =)

may Allah swt bless you and your dearest family, inshallah.

BarakAllah Feek :) No problem, but i would prefer your first confidant be Allah SWT, then us. Dont worry about not having a mosque. I cant go to the Mosque, cause there isnt a Shia mosque near by, and im a school-goer like you too. My parents yet dont know fully that i follow Shiasm, and i live in a Sunni society. But these are nothing compared to the Hardships of the Prophets and the Imams and the Ahle Bayet and their loyal supporters, w must learn not to complain and face it full on. Keep your sins and Sawabs between you and Allah, it will help build your strength. Have patience, as patience is one of Allah's most favorite virtues, and practiced by our dear Imams (peace be upon them). And always learn to do strive against shaytan, i.e. do Jihaad, as the very first jihaad made Fard upon a Muslim is to control him/herself. And lets not use this " ♥♥ " thing, ok sister? :P :)

Salaam.

Allahumma Salle Ala Muhammad Wa Ale Muhammad.

salaam!

of course, why would we do for people, all the work should be for Allah swt, and i dont need(dont care about) one's judgment. i am always straight forward and honest. thank you sooo much for your comment

and yes i do attend Sunni mosque, i see no problem, but i dont feel like i should be there sometimes...i love masjids, i think anywhere can be masjids, even the earth(outside or park) if its a proper place to worship and so on. but i always had a dream inshallah that i will go to Hajj and Karebela, even if i didnt make it..i always had a dream since i was three years old. i just miss how the masjids were =*( and all the lectures and all, in the mosque i attend, i feel so grateful that its Allah swt House but i wish we had better leaders. most people in there dont even know about muharram. =/ last muharram our "imam" didnt even talked about muharram and ashura..and it was the DAY of Ashura. i felt sad.

well, i can go and talk and talk, lol but thank you for your comment

and i love those "♥"...i think they are cute! lol i always have them in my papers too... if you think they arent cute..then you are blahhh =P

• Advanced Member

Salaam ukhti,

I understand how you feel with no Shia mosque nearby! I also live in an area with no Shia mosque. I'm a convert, and I am the only Muslim among all my colleagues where I work. I'm also the only Muslim in my family, and actually, my family doesn't even know I'm Muslim (I don't wear a scarf when I see them; just a hat). There will be very serious consequences if I tell them, because they are very conservative, close-minded Christians and hate Islam a great deal. I can't tell them much about myself or my life anymore, and I always feel so alone. I'm isolated from my family, from my coworkers - from everywhere. At least you still have your family, mashAllah. You should be so grateful to Allah for blessing you with a loving, Muslim family who believes the same way you do.

You're in the quad cities? My parents live near there... I'll be visiting there over New Year's, inshAllah...

Definitely check out the websites other posters have provided; I keep myself occupied with reading and learning about Islam, listening to Shia lectures, and participating in Shiachat. I stay so involved in all of those things that I always feel surrounded by Islam even though physically I am not. I would also recommend http://www.ahlulbayt.tv/. You can watch their shows live 24/7 - I watch it constantly. :)

Best wishes, may Allah help you and continue to guide you - fi aman Allah~

• Advanced Member

Salaam ukhti,

I understand how you feel with no Shia mosque nearby! I also live in an area with no Shia mosque. I'm a convert, and I am the only Muslim among all my colleagues where I work. I'm also the only Muslim in my family, and actually, my family doesn't even know I'm Muslim (I don't wear a scarf when I see them; just a hat). There will be very serious consequences if I tell them, because they are very conservative, close-minded Christians and hate Islam a great deal. I can't tell them much about myself or my life anymore, and I always feel so alone. I'm isolated from my family, from my coworkers - from everywhere. At least you still have your family, mashAllah. You should be so grateful to Allah for blessing you with a loving, Muslim family who believes the same way you do.

You're in the quad cities? My parents live near there... I'll be visiting there over New Year's, inshAllah...

Definitely check out the websites other posters have provided; I keep myself occupied with reading and learning about Islam, listening to Shia lectures, and participating in Shiachat. I stay so involved in all of those things that I always feel surrounded by Islam even though physically I am not. I would also recommend http://www.ahlulbayt.tv/. You can watch their shows live 24/7 - I watch it constantly. :)

Best wishes, may Allah help you and continue to guide you - fi aman Allah~

salaam!!

omgsh i know how you feel(in school especially, and even in our own mosque, which is sunni, and they kicked our teacher out =( he used to give lectures to everyone in the mosque, but the leaders of the mosque said that our teacher who is shia, teaches the people of the mosque according to shia perspective, so therefore , he is not allowed to give lectures/speeches anymore. furthermore, yes you are right i should be thankful for my family, and i love them sooo very much.

awwh really! you should come and visit me!

i live in Rock island, IL by Augustana college, inshallah it will be amazing =)

thank you sooo much for your help, and inshallah you should come and visit rock island/moline, if you want =)

you are in my prayers azizam(sweetheart in farsi)

khuda hafiz for now

• Advanced Member

salaam

wasalaam/khuda hafiz ♥

I used to be really religous too. About five months ago after every Namaz-e-Farz I would do 2 extra prayers of 2 Rekats each for Sawabbi (but back then i didn't know what Sawwab meant) and after the nightly prayer I would do my Namaz-e-Mustahap and 2 2 Reakat Namazes. After that I felt really depressed for a reason which I don't want to get into and i stopped praying for a while because i couldn't focus on it, my thoughts kept going to bad things during my Namaz. Then around a week ago I looked up "tattoos in Islam" because me and my friend had a disscussion over it. From there I went to Ayotullah Sistani's website and found this website. Now I pray 4 times a day (on weekends) and 3 times (on school days) and feel a lot better now because I am learning a lot about Islam. I know how you feel about wanting to learn more. When you're praying how do you keep your thoughts straight? And don't feel bad, my mom told me Islam is an obligation but not to go overboard with it, like I used to be, but Allah also wants us to enjoy life also.

Are you Afghan?

• Advanced Member

I used to be really religous too. About five months ago after every Namaz-e-Farz I would do 2 extra prayers of 2 Rekats each for Sawabbi (but back then i didn't know what Sawwab meant) and after the nightly prayer I would do my Namaz-e-Mustahap and 2 2 Reakat Namazes. After that I felt really depressed for a reason which I don't want to get into and i stopped praying for a while because i couldn't focus on it, my thoughts kept going to bad things during my Namaz. Then around a week ago I looked up "tattoos in Islam" because me and my friend had a disscussion over it. From there I went to Ayotullah Sistani's website and found this website. Now I pray 4 times a day (on weekends) and 3 times (on school days) and feel a lot better now because I am learning a lot about Islam. I know how you feel about wanting to learn more. When you're praying how do you keep your thoughts straight? And don't feel bad, my mom told me Islam is an obligation but not to go overboard with it, like I used to be, but Allah also wants us to enjoy life also.

Are you Afghan?

I find this comment a bit appalling. Going overboard means to pray a lot? Worshiping is the main reason for our creation. You mustn't allow the Shaytan to tell you that too much is bad; in fact, it's the best act. Allah (swt) didn't create you so you can enjoy this life, for enjoyment is only found in the next. Depression cannot be solved by ignoring Allah's (swt) commands, in fact, it's the only way to get depressed. And happiness only comes from His love. The daily requirement is 5 prayers, not 4 or 3, btw. You've mixed up everything.

Edited by Jay

• Advanced Member

Salams,

Ooh, ok, u said three hours away, i thought it cant be very far then, we got a shia mosque over here in indianapolis, IN, idk where quads city is lol, but inshallah u are one of the ppl who is living tough but still on the right path

• Advanced Member

I find this comment a bit appalling. Going overboard means to pray a lot? Worshiping is the main reason for our creation. You mustn't allow the Shaytan to tell you that too much is bad; in fact, it's the best act. Allah (swt) didn't create you so you can enjoy this life, for enjoyment is only found in the next. Depression cannot be solved by ignoring Allah's (swt) commands, in fact, it's the only way to get depressed. And happiness only comes from His love. The daily requirement is 5 prayers, not 4 or 3, btw. You've mixed up everything.

(salam)

Please read this story:

Two neighbors, a Muslim and a Christian, were on friendly terms. Having concern for one another they used to enquire after each other's health, and exchanged views from time to time. The Muslim being a devout and religious man spoke high of his religion and the result was that the Christian friend embraced Islam.

The night passed and it was nearing dawn. The Christian, a new convert, heard somebody ramming his door. Surprised and restless he shouted:

"Who is it?"

From the back came a loud voice, "I am so and so", introducing himself. He was the Muslim neighbor who had the honor of converting him to Islam.

"What do you want at this late hour?"

"Be quick, put on your clothes and perform ablution, so that we should go to the Mosque together".

The new Muslim performed ablution (Wazu) for the first time in his life and set out to Mosque behind his Muslim friend. They had arrived before time. It was the time for the recommended (not obligatory) prayer after mid-night. They prayed till dawn - the time came for the Morning Prayer. They prayed the Morning Prayer and were engaged in benedictions and invocations till it became perfectly clear. When the new Muslim made a move towards the door, his friend, Muslim neighbor interrupted:

"Where are you going?"

"I am going home. Since I have finished my Morning Prayer, there is nothing else to do now."

"Wait a while and recite the benedictions till the sun rises."

"Very well, said the new Muslim."

New Muslim sat and recited the same till the sun rose. When he rose up to go, his friend, Muslim neighbor placed the Holy Qur'an in his hand saying, "Read it till the sun rises a little high. And I advise you to fast today. Don't you know how much virtues and rewards there are in fasting?" The new Muslim did as he was told, and sat reciting the Holy Qur'an till it was nearing noon. The Muslim neighbor said: "Now it is almost noon; better we perform the noon prayer in the Mosque." So, the noon prayer (Zohr) was prayed. Then Muslim neighbor said again: "After just a short time, the after-noon prayer (Asr) will be prayed. We should perform that also at the proper time". The after-noon prayer (Asr) was also performed. Then Muslim neighbor said, "it is almost evening now" and detained the new convert till it was time for evening prayer (Maghrib). When new convert rose up to break his fast, the Muslim neighbor said, and "there is one more prayer remaining." It is named "Esha" or the sleeping-time prayer." So they waited nearly one hour for the proper time of this prayer. After that the new Muslim got up and went away.

Next day at the same hour of night new convert again heard knockings at the door.

"Who is there?"

"I am so and so.... your Muslim neighbor. Be quick, put on your clothes and perform ablution to go to the Mosque together".

"As soon as I returned from the Mosque last night, I resigned from your religion. Please go away and find some other idle man who has nothing to do in this world, so that he may be able to spend his whole time in the Mosque. I am a poor man having wife and children to feed. I should better go after my work to earn my livelihood."

Imam Jaffar as Sadiq (as) relating the story to his friends and companions, said: "In this manner a devoted man after converting a new Muslim, had himself kicked him out of Islam. You must bear this fact in mind and should not trouble the people unnecessarily. You should judge their strength and capacity and act accordingly, so that they develop affinity for the religion and do not run away from it. Don't you know that the policy of Ummayyads is based on violence, oppression and intimidation whereas our ways and methods are based on leniency, brotherhood and persuasion."

Though the rules of the Sharia (Islamic Law) are called hardship, in reality they are well below our strength and ability. Almighty Allah (SWT) says in Noble Qur'an, "On soul does Allah place a burden but less than its capacity." (2:286)

http://www.ezsoftech.com/stories/imamsadiq1.asp

I'm not sure if you meant that the five daily prayers is not too much or that prayer/worship in general cannot be overdone, but I just thought I'd clarify anyway (so this may not be directed at you, just a point worth making). There is such a thing as going overboard with prayers and worship. For people who are not used to praying alot, they should take it slow - advising them to do any prayers beyond the five daily prayers is probably not advisable.

wasalaam

Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim

Asalaam Alaikum

Sister, on Fridays and important Islamic days, such as Ashura, the Eids, and the Fatimiyya, you can go to the website

ymaonline.org.

It features live feed from the Islamic Center of America. You can also listen and see previous videos.

Allah Hafiz

Edited by Zagham

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Please read this story:

Two neighbors, a Muslim and a Christian, were on friendly terms. Having concern for one another they used to enquire after each other's health, and exchanged views from time to time. The Muslim being a devout and religious man spoke high of his religion and the result was that the Christian friend embraced Islam.

The night passed and it was nearing dawn. The Christian, a new convert, heard somebody ramming his door. Surprised and restless he shouted:

"Who is it?"

From the back came a loud voice, "I am so and so", introducing himself. He was the Muslim neighbor who had the honor of converting him to Islam.

"What do you want at this late hour?"

"Be quick, put on your clothes and perform ablution, so that we should go to the Mosque together".

The new Muslim performed ablution (Wazu) for the first time in his life and set out to Mosque behind his Muslim friend. They had arrived before time. It was the time for the recommended (not obligatory) prayer after mid-night. They prayed till dawn - the time came for the Morning Prayer. They prayed the Morning Prayer and were engaged in benedictions and invocations till it became perfectly clear. When the new Muslim made a move towards the door, his friend, Muslim neighbor interrupted:

"Where are you going?"

"I am going home. Since I have finished my Morning Prayer, there is nothing else to do now."

"Wait a while and recite the benedictions till the sun rises."

"Very well, said the new Muslim."

New Muslim sat and recited the same till the sun rose. When he rose up to go, his friend, Muslim neighbor placed the Holy Qur'an in his hand saying, "Read it till the sun rises a little high. And I advise you to fast today. Don't you know how much virtues and rewards there are in fasting?" The new Muslim did as he was told, and sat reciting the Holy Qur'an till it was nearing noon. The Muslim neighbor said: "Now it is almost noon; better we perform the noon prayer in the Mosque." So, the noon prayer (Zohr) was prayed. Then Muslim neighbor said again: "After just a short time, the after-noon prayer (Asr) will be prayed. We should perform that also at the proper time". The after-noon prayer (Asr) was also performed. Then Muslim neighbor said, "it is almost evening now" and detained the new convert till it was time for evening prayer (Maghrib). When new convert rose up to break his fast, the Muslim neighbor said, and "there is one more prayer remaining." It is named "Esha" or the sleeping-time prayer." So they waited nearly one hour for the proper time of this prayer. After that the new Muslim got up and went away.

Next day at the same hour of night new convert again heard knockings at the door.

"Who is there?"

"I am so and so.... your Muslim neighbor. Be quick, put on your clothes and perform ablution to go to the Mosque together".

"As soon as I returned from the Mosque last night, I resigned from your religion. Please go away and find some other idle man who has nothing to do in this world, so that he may be able to spend his whole time in the Mosque. I am a poor man having wife and children to feed. I should better go after my work to earn my livelihood."

Imam Jaffar as Sadiq (as) relating the story to his friends and companions, said: "In this manner a devoted man after converting a new Muslim, had himself kicked him out of Islam. You must bear this fact in mind and should not trouble the people unnecessarily. You should judge their strength and capacity and act accordingly, so that they develop affinity for the religion and do not run away from it. Don't you know that the policy of Ummayyads is based on violence, oppression and intimidation whereas our ways and methods are based on leniency, brotherhood and persuasion."

Though the rules of the Sharia (Islamic Law) are called hardship, in reality they are well below our strength and ability. Almighty Allah (SWT) says in Noble Qur'an, "On soul does Allah place a burden but less than its capacity." (2:286)

http://www.ezsoftech.../imamsadiq1.asp

I'm not sure if you meant that the five daily prayers is not too much or that prayer/worship in general cannot be overdone, but I just thought I'd clarify anyway (so this may not be directed at you, just a point worth making). There is such a thing as going overboard with prayers and worship. For people who are not used to praying alot, they should take it slow - advising them to do any prayers beyond the five daily prayers is probably not advisable.

wasalaam

Masha Allah,

A very true topic related tale with the most beautiful moral.

May Allah accept your kind intentions of spreading the relegion in its true feel..

i said somewhere before that 5 prayers take only 25 minutes of your time from the 1440 minutes of the day...so its not hard is it ?

Allah sees the intentions more than the actions but neither is better than the other.. and incomplete with out each other..

Allah guide us all ..

• Advanced Member

You stated that your honest and do not lie sister. I believe you are the biggest liar! because... Your not a horrible Muslim at all. Islam isn't just about praying and fasting, it's also about manners, donating to orphans, knowledge etc... What makes a Muslim a good Muslim are those who act from their hearts which I believe you are doing, unless you are not honest ;). Just kidding. Allah knows best and He knows what is in your intentions don't forget that!

May Allah keep us on the straight path.