Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

[LAWS]Sex In Muharram

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

This constant bid`ah Indo-Paks bring in the religion of Islaam is amazing.

I would love to bring SaHeeH hadeeth from our Imaams where they have said to STOP living your lives for the month of Muharram.

I would like to see SaHeeH hadeeth from our Imaams that says you can't do or attend marriages for the month of Muharram or for 68 days.

Why do you guys make haraam that which is halaal, or make makrooh that which is halaal?

(salam)

• Advanced Member

Its more of common sense.. i mean even if it was allowed.. in the month of Muharram I personally would try avoid everthing that would evn take my THINKING towards tht side.. forget carrying out the act.. :wacko:

wat an unconfortable topic! :squeez:

nader Zaveri, though i understand your frustration, i think you are looking at it the wrong way.

Op- in accordance with fiqh; no its not haraam, you can have sex both in muharaam and ramadhan(not during fasting, it will invalidate your fast).

however, think it like this. If you father, whom you loved dearly passes away, would you have sex with you partner on that day? is it haraam? no, but would you?

certain things are made halal, but it doesn't mean its best to do it. remembrance of God and his friends is above any other actions.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

however, think it like this. If you father, whom you loved dearly passes away, would you have sex with you partner on that day? is it haraam? no, but would you?

certain things are made halal, but it doesn't mean its best to do it. remembrance of God and his friends is above any other actions.

Sure. Personal preference and trying to make a law and Hukm out of it is two different things. The person asked a question in the Fiqh section with the title [LAWS], unless you have a Hadeeth to back up your answer, then your personal preferences and opinions do not matter. At the very least, you should bring out opinions from scholars.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri

again akhi, your missing the point. I gave that analogy as an example. If seyyied as Shuhada, the king of martyrs and fountain of wisdom and knowledge, died on a particular day, would you rather not spend that day in remembrance or having sex?

I am not aware of anyone here who said it was haraam, they may have shown karaha, but no one said it was haraam.

and since we follow the sunnah of anbiya nd awliya, you, being a hadith expert, should very well known how the aimaah spent their days during muharram. Look at Zain al abideen(A) and redhaÚáíå ÇáÓáÇã

inshallah

btw, nice website. though i need clarification on the poetry section. i'll send you a pm

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Salam alaikum

No there isnt, and its not haram or makrouh or anything of the sort. It stems from culture. In some cultures it may be a form of respect to abstain, in others it may not be such a big deal. Its an individual choice and has no bearing on one's Islam.

Ahadith suggest that we shouldn't have sex in the beginning, midde and end of any month. So don't have sex on the 1st 1 or 2 days, then have lots of it from then onwards till the middle. Ahadith say it's mustahab to fast on ashura so if you are fasting that day then don't have sex on 10th. Otherwise it's OK if you have sex from 2nd or 3rd muharram till 12 or 13th muharram and then from 16 or 17th muharram to 26 or 27 muharram.

• Advanced Member

Say a woman's father, mother dies and the husband demands sex, while the father or mother is being burried... is that halal??? Yes but should the husband do that .... NOOOOOO....

I've seen similar questions before as well around moharram... I just don't get why people have to ask these questions.....

Imam Redha said: With the advent of the month of Muharram, my father Imam Kadhim (A.S.) would never be seen laughing; gloom and sadness would overcome him for (the first) ten days of the month; and when the tenth day of the month would dawn, it would be a day of tragedy, grief and weeping for him.

(Amaali Saduq, pg. 111 from Azadari - 40 hadith)

And us shias are concerned about legality of sex during moharram.....

It's not about hallal or haram... if you truly love imam hussian. savior of mankind, these thoughts won't even occur to you..... that's the bottom line...

• Advanced Member

^^^ Egzactly was my point.. tht even if its allowed.. you wouldn't do it forget asking jus out of respect if nuthin else... next would be..

Can i go out clubbing is it allowed?! oh i was jus askin it fr the sake of KNOWLEDGE..

errr yeh! :wacko:

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

In hadith books it has been narrated that Hazrat Qasim Ibn Hassan (as) had his nikah on Ashura... However he then went straight in to the battlefield....

Not that my oppionon matters but they (as) sacrificed themselves for Islam and for us (If they didn't we would probably be playing with chimps, drinking alcohol and god knows what other sins like Yazid (la) did), the very least we could do is sacrifice something as minor as this for them...

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

It's halal, end of story.

We don't stop living our lives in Muharram. Babies are still born in Muharram-- should we not celebrate these births? No, I think we, as humans, are capable of simultaneously having more than one type of feeling-- being sad for deaths, and happy for the births, marriages, sex, etc.

I think there is a thread somewhere on Shiachat (few years old) about it being allowed to marry in Muharram. Not optimal for anyone, but rarely does anything work out exactly as planned.

Edited by BabyBeaverIsAKit
  • Advanced Member

We don't stop living our lives in Muharram. Babies are still born in Muharram-- should we not celebrate these births? No, I think we, as humans, are capable of simultaneously having more than one type of feeling-- being sad for deaths, and happy for the births, marriages, sex, etc.

I think there is a thread somewhere on Shiachat (few years old) about it being allowed to marry in Muharram. Not optimal for anyone, but rarely does anything work out exactly as planned.

YOUR TRYING TO STAY THAT IT IS ALLOWED TO MARRY IN MUHARRAM, I THINK THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!

I think its not end of story, its beginng of unending desires. Even out of Moharram there some days and times to observe for certain activities. It shows respect and honoring values even if one doesn't participate Moharram. Even ,If we explain the significance of Moharram in 2 lines it to a genuine non-Muslim , he or she can honor our values.

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

In hadith books it has been narrated that Hazrat Qasim Ibn Hassan (as) had his nikah on Ashura... However he then went straight in to the battlefield....

(wasalam)

Wa alaikum salam

Sister please don't say such things, this is a well known lie propagated by the enemies of imam hussain (as) designed to make it seem like he was over emotional and even until the end,and he (as) had his eyes on the dunya.

If you think logically you will realise that they barely had time to offer salah, so how would a marriage take place?

YOUR TRYING TO STAY THAT IT IS ALLOWED TO MARRY IN MUHARRAM, I THINK THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!

I believe jurisprudentially speaking, it is permissable,without any doubt, I heard a majlis the other day where to speaker said she had heard of a marriage during muharram. If a person feels they will do something haram, they should always take to halal route. Of course, it would be disrespectful do have a wedding celebration.

To use a slogan I always hear in muharram, "no one can tell another person how to mourn"

• Advanced Member

Wa alaikum salam

Sister please don't say such things, this is a well known lie propagated by the enemies of imam hussain (as) designed to make it seem like he was over emotional and even until the end,and he (as) had his eyes on the dunya.

If you think logically you will realise that they barely had time to offer salah, so how would a marriage take place?

I believe jurisprudentially speaking, it is permissable,without any doubt, I heard a majlis the other day where to speaker said she had heard of a marriage during muharram. If a person feels they will do something haram, they should always take to halal route. Of course, it would be disrespectful do have a wedding celebration.

To use a slogan I always hear in muharram, "no one can tell another person how to mourn"

(bismillah)

(salam)

I didn't say it was true... I said it had been narrated...

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

^^^ Egzactly was my point.. tht even if its allowed.. you wouldn't do it forget asking jus out of respect if nuthin else... next would be..

Can i go out clubbing is it allowed?! oh i was jus askin it fr the sake of KNOWLEDGE..

errr yeh! :wacko:

(salam)

Please understand that in fiqh you can ask anything and you shouldn't be looked down upon for asking

I think you guys are over-reacting

A person asked a question: Is it haram if you have sex during Muharram

Please, don't post personal opinions just answe the question with the opinions of scholars or atleast back it up with some hadith.

• Advanced Member

(wasalam)

Its not about looking down.. every question tht is NOT asked is a stupid question.. its the fact tht do thse kind of questions REALLY make sense in a month of sorrow and mourning.. u stop so many things in ur life during this period of time and u cant use ur common sense by avoidin ths kind of things...

and m sure personal opinions are welcomed on the forum hence its called DISCUSSION forum.. :) i hav no objection wiv ppl askin questions.. but the base of common sense should also be ther.. how important could it be to ask ths kinda question? :S and wat i sed was my personal opinion.. i cant bring a hadeeth to prove it.. :) i cn giv exmples.. but others hav given exmples alredy on the matter...!

• Advanced Member

There's no ruling on it, so it's halal.

However, it's up to you. If you feel its disrespectful, then don't do it. You can't suppress everyone from doing it. Just because you think it disrespects, doesn't mean others think so. There's no enemy here. If Allah (swt) does not decree it, it is halal to all those who follow, until decreed. You can't take that right away from the people. And everything is halal until proven otherwise (not the other way around)

Edited by Jay
  • Advanced Member

I dont even understand why people are discussing this.. Yes it is allowed however in the last few days until ashura all that should be on ur mind is the mourning of the tragedy of karbala, things like sex, and what your going to do that next day, and what your gonna watch on tv when you go home shouldnt even matter.

As for this marriage business.. When people get married, it is the happiest day of their life.. if people want to put their happiness before mourning over Imam Hussain (as) then thats your choice, just make sure u got an excuse ready for Qiyamat because your gonna need a pretty good excuse to get outa that one! Just like Shabaan is the month of Happiness, Ramadhan is the month of remembering Allah, Muharram is the month of mourning over those beings that sacrificed everything for islam. and some how i dont think getting married or celebrating birthdays comes into mourning.

i have heard many storys of how people got married on muharram and ashura and ended up having the worst things happen to them.

^_^

• Veteran Member

I dont even understand why people are discussing this.. Yes it is allowed however in the last few days until ashura all that should be on ur mind is the mourning of the tragedy of karbala, things like sex, and what your going to do that next day, and what your gonna watch on tv when you go home shouldnt even matter.

As for this marriage business.. When people get married, it is the happiest day of their life.. if people want to put their happiness before mourning over Imam Hussain (as) then thats your choice, just make sure u got an excuse ready for Qiyamat because your gonna need a pretty good excuse to get outa that one! Just like Shabaan is the month of Happiness, Ramadhan is the month of remembering Allah, Muharram is the month of mourning over those beings that sacrificed everything for islam. and some how i dont think getting married or celebrating birthdays comes into mourning.

i have heard many storys of how people got married on muharram and ashura and ended up having the worst things happen to them.

^_^

Except for the last emboldened line which claims that Allah or the m'asumeen would somehow punish you for neglecting the period of mourning and celebrating an event, in one way or the other, I totally agree with the rest.

It is retarded that some people are dragging this issue for no reason.