Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Major Shia

Wikileaks Says Sayyed Khamenei Has Cancer: Report

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

I came across this article earlier today and decided to share it.

Many people are claiming that Wikileaks is providing fake information, but many people may say that to avoid people reading the classified information that is being provided.

This article can be found on the Reuter's website.

WikiLeaks says Iran's Khamenei has cancer: report

(Reuters) - U.S. diplomatic cables released by online whistle-blower WikiLeaks include remarks from an Iran source in 2009 saying Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has terminal cancer, French daily Le Monde reported.The source, a non-Iranian businessman based in Central Asia and traveling often to Tehran, "has learned from one of his contacts that (former president Ali Akbar) Rafsanjani told him Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei has terminal stage leukemia and could die in a few months," according to an August 2009 cable.

The document, written by a U.S. diplomat, says that Rafsanjani, a critic of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad who has expressed sympathies with Iran's reformist movement, decided on learning of Khamenei's illness to start preparing himself to be a successor.

As Supreme Leader since 1989 Khamenei has final say on policy in the Islamic Republic, which is locked in a stand-off with key world powers over the nature of its nuclear activities.

The document cited by Le Monde is one of thousands of cables leaked by the WikiLeaks website at the weekend that reveal confidential views and information from senior U.S. diplomats overseas that would normally remain confidential for decades.

Le Monde, one of a handful of newspapers around the world given access to the cables, said the Iran documents showed Washington relied on a network of Iran-watchers in the Middle East to shed light on a country it sees as an enigma.

The United States broke diplomatic relations with Iran 30 years ago after fundamentalist students in Iran seized the U.S. Embassy in Tehran and held staff there hostage for 444 days.

Source: Reuters

Edited by Major Shia

(bismillah)

(salam)

I came across this article earlier today and decided to share it.

Many people are claiming that Wikileaks is providing fake information, but many people may say that to avoid people reading the classified information that is being provided.

This article can be found on the Reuter's website.

Source: Reuters

They probably say its fake information so the people wont believe the truth. I was suprised with the article about the Sayed though May Allah protect him.... but idk what to believe :S

What r ur thoughts on it?

Thanks for sharing

Well he doesn't look like he has terminal cancer, but anything is possible.

Though, it is equally as likely that it is propaganda (like when they said someone close to sayed nasrullah poisoned him)

Also, whatever people think of sayed khamenei, its hard to think his replacement would be any better, rafsanjani or misbah yazdi......may Allah help us

Well he doesn't look like he has terminal cancer, but anything is possible.

Though, it is equally as likely that it is propaganda (like when they said someone close to sayed nasrullah poisoned him)

Also, whatever people think of sayed khamenei, its hard to think his replacement would be any better, rafsanjani or misbah yazdi......may Allah help us

True, anythings possible. May Allah swt protect Sayed Khamenei and us, ameen.

WikiLeaks are nothing but Fake Info...................They are a psywar launched by the US to foment discord among nations

This is not correct. There were videos exposing the US' military. It is a video taken from the American helicopter showing how they murdered innocent Iraqis.

In the video, you can hear the inappropriate things the soldiers said. The United States kept denying that this happened, but the video proves otherwise. The military has tried to hide it, but what the video shows in completely impossible to be fake.

The first time the video was published was when Wikileaks posted it.

(salam)

I have seen people suffering from cancer. Cancer can change your look and behavior. Sayyed Khamenei looks alright (healthy).

I do not know his medical history, so the above was merely an opinion.

That is a very good reason, sister, but we can't rely on what we see. The cancer may be at an early stage of developement.

According to what I have found, the symptoms for terminal cancer are disbeleif, shock, despair, and guilt. People that are not close to the Sayyed shouldn't be able to tell if he has it easily. I was not capable of finding any physical symptoms for it, so the changes may only happen in the victim's emotions.

I also read that it is not curable and can not be stopped from progressing, so let's hope that this article is misleading.

Edited by Major Shia

The assembly of experts, which is in impartially elected body of 88 Mujtahids, would be responsible for electing the new wali e faqih, therefore it could be anyone that they deem fit for the position.

.The source, a non-Iranian businessman based in Central Asia and traveling often to Tehran, "has learned from one of his contacts that (former president Ali Akbar) Rafsanjani told him Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei has terminal stage leukemia and could die in a few months," according to an August 2009 cable.

It has been well over a year since August 2009..

An Iranian told me that the Iranian Government doesn't usually announce these things to the public.

I am not implying that it is 100% correct, but there is always a chance. Many people claim it's fake, but honestly, who knows? The governments are obviously going to say they are fake in order to avoid being exposed. The normal citizens can't know for sure.

All we can do is pray and wait.

Edited by Major Shia

On 05/01/2011 at 5:17 PM, Abdul Salam said:

this information is fake. Allah will protect our rahbar khamenei and he will be stong and healthy for many years inshallah.

Alhamdullilah he is still alive. Bumped it only to confirm it.

8 minutes ago, Tawheed313 said:

Alhamdullilah he is still alive. Bumped it only to confirm it.

why did you resurrect a 5 year old thread?

the sayed had an operation for his prostate recently so there is speculation at least of it. prostate cancer is one of the most common killers of men in the world

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29107924

http://edition.presstv.com/detail/378800.html

so if anything, this proves that wikileaks is right, by claiming this years ago

Edited by DigitalUmmah

1 minute ago, DigitalUmmah said:

why did you resurrect a 5 year old thread?

the sayed had an operation for his prostate recently so there is speculation at least of it. prostate cancer is one of the most common killers of men in the world

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29107924

http://edition.presstv.com/detail/378800.html

so if anything, this proves that wikileaks is right, by claiming this years ago

It was mainly for "Allah will protect our rahbar khamenei and he will be stong and healthy for many years inshallah. " i bumped it. He is still alive Alhamdullilah. Despite whether the rumours are true or not.

I bumped it out of gratitude to Allah swt for keeping alive a man of great importance, who without, the world would be a far worse place.