Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Toronto Speakers For Muharram

Rate this topic

The Jaffari Community Centre at 9000 Bathurst has Sayed Mahdi Modaressi for the English program.

Really? Do you know if he's going to lecture all Muharram or only the first 2 weeks? Toronto is soo far but it's worth attending his lectures.

Do you have the phone number of that center?

Really? Do you know if he's going to lecture all Muharram or only the first 2 weeks? Toronto is soo far but it's worth attending his lectures.

Do you have the phone number of that center?

I believe its only for the first 10-12 days. Not after.

Also, you can check out jaffari.org and click on any centre on the right and it should give you information on lecturers and timings.

Edited by Thaqalayn

I believe its only for the first 10-12 days. Not after.

Also, you can check out jaffari.org and click on any centre on the right and it should give you information on lecturers and timings.

Thank you. Also, do you know if his lectures are uploaded online every day? If yes, I would appreciate if you can provide me the link.

^^Thanks so much. With the freezing weather and iced roads, I don't think I will drive to Toronto anymore. It's good his lectures are available online.

So out of all the speakers in Toronto, which one is most worth listening to?

If you are in Toronto, then I'd suggest you attend majalis of different lecturers the first few days to benefit from all and not get bored from the same style and then by the 5th day your mind should be decided as to which is worth spending the rest of the nights listening to. For English lectures, I prefer Sayed Mahdi Modarresi but that might be partially because I never gave myself a chance to listen to the others and compare. He's fluent, interesting, style and tone that keeps you attentive during all the lecture and tries to always address issues that the youth encounter on a daily basis.

If you are in Toronto, then I'd suggest you attend majalis of different lecturers the first few days to benefit from all and not get bored from the same style and then by the 5th day your mind should be decided as to which is worth spending the rest of the nights listening to. For English lectures, I prefer Sayed Mahdi Modarresi but that might be partially because I never gave myself a chance to listen to the others and compare. He's fluent, interesting, style and tone that keeps you attentive during all the lecture and tries to always address issues that the youth encounter on a daily basis.

Thank you Calm, I checked him out last night, didn't quite appeal to me, yes he is soft spoken and easy on the ears, but IMO his material isn't very organized and isn't of much substance anyways, kinda jumps all over the place. Anyhow he does seem the best out of the lot I have heard recently and I should suspend judgement till I have heard a bit more of him. Thanks.

Thank you Calm, I checked him out last night, didn't quite appeal to me, yes he is soft spoken and easy on the ears, but IMO his material isn't very organized and isn't of much substance anyways, kinda jumps all over the place. Anyhow he does seem the best out of the lot I have heard recently and I should suspend judgement till I have heard a bit more of him. Thanks.

Sometimes I don't mind the "jumping all over th place" in lectures when I can benefit from the bits here a there. I do find however, that his material is meant for a more or less for a younger generation/audience than us.