Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Mock Israeli Checkpoint At Columbia University

Rate this topic

SayYaAli

• Veteran Member

There is a word in Urdu called dheet, it can't be accurately translated into English. It is a state of shamelessness with immunity and becoming stubborn at the same time. Such things will only trivialize Israeli terrorism for the world, nothing more. They will never change. Israel is the child of the West. A mother always loves her child and turns a blind eye to the child's greatest flaws.

• Advanced Member

There is a word in Urdu called dheet, it can't be accurately translated into English. It is a state of shamelessness with immunity and becoming stubborn at the same time. Such things will only trivialize Israeli terrorism for the world, nothing more. They will never change. Israel is the child of the West. A mother always loves her child and turns a blind eye to the child's greatest flaws.

Either way, it is an obligation to keep giving voice to the rights of the oppressed and to oppose dis-information. Even if it doesn't save Gaza today, it may attract a few souls to the right path and save them from hell. That is not a small thing. how did Lauren Booth come to Islam? Years of supporting Palestinian rights! post-45373-1209287012.gif

But I understand your point and I'm quite familiar with the word "dheet" biggrin.gif

Wow...

Mashallah may Allah reward their efforts. Hopefully this will help BREAK THE SILENCE INSHALLAH! :)

InshaAllah!

• Advanced Member

I haven't clicked on the link however I can say that I doubt this would change any perceptions of the Israeli state in America. Infact, I just heard on the radio today, conservative pundit Shawn Hannity was talking about how America should impliment Israeli security checks instead of the current body scans and groping and the like.

• Advanced Member

I saw this happen on campus and some of my friends were involved in the set up of the event. The Jews and pro-Israel students staged a counter protest across from the mock checkpoint, and soon afterwards, the whole affair turned into a shouting contest between Palestinian students and Jewish students draped in Israeli flags.

To be quite honest, the intentions behind the project were good, but it didn't really get much done.

• Advanced Member

What Columbia did was use "silent protest". Silent protest is one of the most powerful forms of protest you can possible use to get your point across. You don't need to do what the MSU at UCI did, interrupt speeches of guest pro Israeli speakers all the time. Because by interrupting speeches, you're feeding into their game. It makes you look barbaric and uncivilized. But what these students did at Columbia, does not involve violence, disruption, or anything loud or physical. It is straight to the point, the message is clear and easy to understand, little effort required for the point to go across. Great job. Another form of silent protest you can use against hate speeches, or pro-Israeli, pro anything you don't like against particular guest speakers, is just to create posters and put images or slogans of w/e contradicts or runs counter to whatever the speaker is saying.

• 1 month later...