Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
concernshia

Al-mahdi Institute Speak Out Against Shias

Rate this topic

Sheik Ali Mallah head of the Al-Mahdi Institute speaks out against Shias on national Wahabi television three times. Please have a look below. Is the Al-Mahdi Institute anti Shia? Why do we send our children to this place?

http://discoveringislam.org/ali_isa_mallah.htm

(bismillah)

(salam)

If someone calls into a radio show and announces he is so-and-so and says something bad, we should not believe it. It may be an imposter who wants to be a troublemaker. Why would a Shia person call a radio show and talk bad about Shia? Please don't believe these things unless the person is sitting in the chair in full view of the camera and you can see him/her speaking the words.

"Shia Scholar Ali Isa Mallah, living in Birmingham, the UK, declares that the beliefs of the Shia have no basis" LOL. These guys must've not heard of the principle of non-contradiction. Anyways, I have not heard of this guy before in AMI. He is definitely not the head. AMI is currently directed by Sheikh Arif.

Actualy it seems he is in charge of the school, on the website it has him listed as teh Administrator/Manager

http://www.almahdi.edu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=25&Itemid=37

Ali Issa Mallah

Management/ Administrator

Qualifications

Currently pursuing PhD studies at Birmingham University

M.A. – Birmingham University

G.Dip.- Institute of Linguistics

M.A. – Islamic studies, University of Punjab

Areas of Interest

The Philosophy of Islamic Law

Contextual Theology

Pragmatic textual interpretation

Human rights and Islam

Publications:

Edited the translations of:

"Complete Manual of Short Ziyarat"

"Syria" (salutations to be recited in the various places in Syria)

Television Broadcast:

“Women’s rights in Islam” (press Television, Uk 2008)

And numerous radio broadcasts.

There seems to be some thing very wrong with this institute, if its Administrator is making statments like that.

I listended to the first segment. He was saying that Tawasul has no basis, is wrong, and that the decoration of graves of Ahlubayt have no basis.

I didnt listen to the other 2 videos though.

EDIT

Ok I just listend to the second one, this man is very misguided, he doubts the incident of Ghadeer Khum, and he says IF it is saheeh, why didnt Rasul Allah again re-enforce the idea that Imam Ali should be his successor, in the last part of his life after the hajj.

He then talked about cursing, and said there is no place any where that Ahlulbayt have cursed any one, except ziyarat ashura, which he claims many maraja (only gives the name of Fadhlullah) have stated its weak. He also states that the Prophet never used the term shia or sunni and we should just use muslim.

May Allah guide him, he is a very misguided man.

(if this is actually him calling, only Allah knows as these salafi's have dirty tricks)

Edited by Al-Mufeed

Yes, it was him, yes he did say that, yes he became AMI's manager recently (not the "head", he's simply in an administrative position now, Shaykh Arif is the head), most other people at AMI disagreed with him on this issue but accepted that he's entitled to his opinions based on his personal research. And yes, AMI generally is quite progressive/reformist/liberal or whatever you want to call it, but don't come up with things like "Al Mahdi Institute is against shias" based on one of its students opinions on a couple of topics which he was not even making in any capacity representing the Institute.

Why do we send our children to this place?

Im not aware of many people "sending their children" there, its not exactly a primary school, people make informed mature decisions about pursuing their studies there. And how about you actually call or visit the place and speak to the culprit himself and other scholars there before publicly accusing the whole institution.

Edited by Redrum

Yes, it was him, yes he did say that

call or visit the place and speak to the culprit himself and other scholars there before publicly accusing the whole institution.

(bismillah)

(salam)

This is really sad to hear that it was him and not an imposter. InshaAllah he will be guided.

Good advice, not to judge the whole institution by what one single person does. If I remember correctly, there was a man who defiled the well of ZamZam. The person was at fault, not the holy well.

Yes, it was him, yes he did say that, yes he became AMI's manager recently (not the "head", he's simply in an administrative position now, Shaykh Arif is the head), most other people at AMI disagreed with him on this issue but accepted that he's entitled to his opinions based on his personal research.

And the Institute finds it appropriate to have someone (even in an adminstrative position) who denies the importance of the event of Ghadeer and one of the furu' deen?

And yes, AMI generally is quite progressive/reformist/liberal or whatever you want to call it,

If progressive/reformist/liberal means selling your aqeedah to please the Sunnis then we can do without such an Institute.

Im not aware of many people "sending their children" there, its not exactly a primary school, people make informed mature decisions about pursuing their studies there. And how about you actually call or visit the place and speak to the culprit himself and other scholars there before publicly accusing the whole institution.

It seems the Institute is comfortable with having someone who has beliefs close to the Sunnis as its manager, then questions surely will have to be asked about its priorities.

Probably good that this came out so that people realise the sham that it is.

Beloved,

please watch this sunni sheikh refute the claims of the wahhabi Dimashqiyya on the issue of tawassul and calling upon the the Prophet "Ya Muhammad".the same claim this Ali Mallah was parroting:

part 1:

part 2:

Edited by mehdi soldier

Socrates and others, how much about this Institute do you actually know to call the entire institution a sham? What do you know about its activities? About the activities of all the teachers and other students/ post-grads? Most people in Birmingham will tell you nothing but good things about the Institute. Having someone whose some beliefs are close to Sunni in an admin position makes the entire institution a "sham", "against shias" and "something we can do without? Come on. They even have proper Sunnis occasionally lecturing there, so what. Its an academic institution, not a Shi'a version of the Holy Inquisition.

Socrates and others, how much about this Institute do you actually know to call the entire institution a sham?

I can't think of a single person who has graduated from the Institute that has any depth about them at all. Far less from being scholars, even some of the guys' Arabic pronounciation is horrible. 5 year old madressa students can pronounce words better.

Most people in Birmingham will tell you nothing but good things about the Institute.

Most people haven't got the first clue about fiqh or aqaid; this is why democracy is so detrimental. An institution (or anything for that matter) is judged on whether it is conforming to the ideals of the Quran and the Ahlul Bayt (as), and it doesn't matter whether the people have anything to say about it or not.
Having someone whose some beliefs are close to Sunni in an admin position makes the entire institution a "sham", "against shias" and "something we can do without? Come on. They even have proper Sunnis occasionally lecturing there, so what. Its an academic institution, not a Shi'a version of the Holy Inquisition.

The institution is a self styled hawzah, if it is supposed to be training scholars of the Shi'a faith then it clearly isn't working. It doesn't fit the criteria of an academic institution (and doesn't even awards its own degrees), just because you have a few Sunnis lecturing there doesn't make it one. Moreover, you clearly missed my point so I won't bother to try and explain it again.

Sister, don't be fooled. The whole institute especially the head, "Sheikh" Arif has been preaching and teaching a deviated and twisted version of Islam. Unfortunately the masses have been tricked, so I hope after seeing this issue in this thread, it may open eyes.

Shaykh Ali mallah has issued a video in Arabic and in English refuting the claims that he is not a shiite or a follower of ahlulbayt, if the guy has his own reseached interpretation then it should be allowed unless it can be challenged in a constructive format to the guy himself and not acusations on here. I thought us shia's still have our Ijtihad open ( new systems of derivations) and has not closed it like he sunni's did 1200 years ago, or if we can not handle new Ideas we should close the door of Ijtihad. link below with video of the shk himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trbS1LY8Y5w

Socrates and others, how much about this Institute do you actually know to call the entire institution a sham? What do you know about its activities? About the activities of all the teachers and other students/ post-grads? Most people in Birmingham will tell you nothing but good things about the Institute. Having someone whose some beliefs are close to Sunni in an admin position makes the entire institution a "sham", "against shias" and "something we can do without? Come on. They even have proper Sunnis occasionally lecturing there, so what. Its an academic institution, not a Shi'a version of the Holy Inquisition.

your right, alhamdulilah for having people who can discuss and agree to disagree

Shaykh Ali mallah has issued a video in Arabic and in English refuting the claims that he is not a shiite or a follower of ahlulbayt, if the guy has his own reseached interpretation then it should be allowed unless it can be challenged in a constructive format to the guy himself and not acusations on here. I thought us shia's still have our Ijtihad open ( new systems of derivations) and has not closed it like he sunni's did 1200 years ago, or if we can not handle new Ideas we should close the door of Ijtihad. link below with video of the shk himself

(bismillah)

(salam)

This is really sad to hear that it was him and not an imposter. InshaAllah he will be guided.

Good advice, not to judge the whole institution by what one single person does. If I remember correctly, there was a man who defiled the well of ZamZam. The person was at fault, not the holy well.

your right, alhamdulilah for having people who can discuss and agree to disagree

Edited by truth177

No researched interpretation can be allowed if it is contrary to the very core of the principles of Ahlul Bayt's (as) teachings. In case you weren't aware, ijtihad in Shii Islam is only in furu al-deen. You can't have ijtihad in whether Ghadeer really was an announcement of the unequivocal authority of Imam Ali (as). Either you believe it or you don't, and if you don't then you aren't a Shii. Its pretty simple, there's no need for arguments or accusations. Everyone here is merely commented on what the "sheikh" said.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I'm not particularly convinced by this guy's so called clarification video. Even if for the sake of argument we should allow a form of radical ijitihad as is being proposed by the brother who linked us to the video, none of the areas that the guy in the video Ali Mallah spoke about on Qanat Mustaqilah were things within the remit of Ijtihad.

Rather it seems you wish to now broaden ijtihads remit to also cover History and Aqeedah, areas which are by their very nature either true or false and not subject to revision. Their interpretation is subject to opinion, and I am used to meeting very Sunnified Shi'as who think exactly like Muqassir Batris.

But answer me this, lets assume for the sake of argument you are a Shia and sincerely believe that Ghadir Khumm doesnt lead to proof of Imamah.

WHY in Allah's Name would you call up a Nasibi Channel, who aren't going to pat you on the back and congratulate you, who's only purpose is to make Shi'as look like idiots and backwards. It just doesn't make feasible sense, the channel had that bigot Abu Muntasir on it.

Secondly its rather convenient that the "Shaykh" who rang in, never made it Crystal clear that he still believes in Walayah of Amirul Mo'mineen.

Edited by Yahya2004

(bismillah)

(salam)

I'm not particularly convinced by this guy's so called clarification video. Even if for the sake of argument we should allow a form of radical ijitihad as is being proposed by the brother who linked us to the video, none of the areas that the guy in the video Ali Mallah spoke about on Qanat Mustaqilah were things within the remit of Ijtihad.

Rather it seems you wish to now broaden ijtihads remit to also cover History and Aqeedah, areas which are by their very nature either true or false and not subject to revision. Their interpretation is subject to opinion, and I am used to meeting very Sunnified Shi'as who think exactly like Muqassir Batris.

But answer me this, lets assume for the sake of argument you are a Shia and sincerely believe that Ghadir Khumm doesnt lead to proof of Imamah.

WHY in Allah's Name would you call up a Nasibi Channel, who aren't going to pat you on the back and congratulate you, who's only purpose is to make Shi'as look like idiots and backwards. It just doesn't make feasible sense, the channel had that bigot Abu Muntasir on it.

Secondly its rather convenient that the "Shaykh" who rang in, never made it Crystal clear that he still believes in Walayah of Amirul Mo'mineen.

+100001

No researched interpretation can be allowed if it is contrary to the very core of the principles of Ahlul Bayt's (as) teachings. In case you weren't aware, ijtihad in Shii Islam is only in furu al-deen. You can't have ijtihad in whether Ghadeer really was an announcement of the unequivocal authority of Imam Ali (as). Either you believe it or you don't, and if you don't then you aren't a Shii. Its pretty simple, there's no need for arguments or accusations. Everyone here is merely commented on what the "sheikh" said.

First The accusation to Shk ali was based on that him attacking shiitism in which the guy clarified so clearly that he is follower of ahlul beit.

This means if ur sincere now it is clear then we should thank Allah that the followers of ahlulbayt never change, and we should be happy for him as his one of us, unless ur agenda is to continue saying no he doesn't follow ahlulbayt for the sake of the argument.

Thirdly, I do not like to go into debates of what is ijtihad and the level that it can be applied to - we can do that after we reach a conclusion on this issue inchallah-my point Here is that as soon as i read the coments I asked the Shk to meet me and asked him clearly, in which we can all do instead of debating

And how come none of u is commenting about the issue of gold, that his talking about.

For u who's asking why call that channel, I spoke to the Shk and asked him that, he was very clear, that it was a debate between Shias and sunni's and even Shk qurani was calling , but Shk mallah did regret for saying things that are debated and said within every howza Walls but he came out with it outside.

Now if the Shk saying he follow ali as and his progeny, and his wilaya is unquestionable, as well as that his saying he can prove the wilaya of ali as in a new system, so the current debates can be changed between the Muslim sects, why don't we encourage him.

For me the guy loves and follow ahlulbayt as his leaders and imams maybe it is Allah who judges now on his love.

Edited by truth177

First The accusation to Shk ali was based on that him attacking shiitism in which the guy clarified so clearly that he is follower of ahlul beit.

This means if ur sincere now it is clear then we should thank Allah that the followers of ahlulbayt never change, and we should be happy for him as his one of us, unless ur agenda is to continue saying no he doesn't follow ahlulbayt for the sake of the argument.

Thirdly, I do not like to go into debates of what is ijtihad and the level that it can be applied to - we can do that after we reach a conclusion on this issue inchallah-my point Here is that as soon as i read the coments I asked the Shk to meet me and asked him clearly, in which we can all do instead of debating

And how come none of u is commenting about the issue of gold, that his talking about.

For u who's asking why call that channel, I spoke to the Shk and asked him that, he was very clear, that it was a debate between Shias and sunni's and even Shk qurani was calling , but Shk mallah did regret for saying things that are debated and said within every howza Walls but he came out with it outside.

Now if the Shk saying he follow ali as and his progeny, and his wilaya is unquestionable, as well as that his saying he can prove the wilaya of ali as in a new system, so the current debates can be changed between the Muslim sects, why don't we encourage him.

For me the guy loves and follow ahlulbayt as his leaders and imams maybe it is Allah who judges now on his love.

Well then perhaps you shouldn't be talking about things which are clearly out of your depth.

he didnt even clarify any thing in his follow up video, he completly side stepped what he said on mustakala - the main thing which was that eid al ghadeer is doubtful.

Also this man was there giving fodder to our enemies, agreeing with them, and diminishing shi'sm on t.v. The guy he was talking to Mullahzadeh Baluchi is a known nasabi, wahhabi from Iran (baluchistan specifically) who has harmed shias, and has very strong ties to jundallah terrorists which blow up masjids. The man is a big time nasabi, this "shaikh" ali malla has zero shame, and I pity any one who would chose to learn from this man.

Well then perhaps you shouldn't be talking about things which are clearly out of your depth.

How pity, u quote what Im saying, and u reply without even taking into consideration what I said. So why u quoting it then? How did u derive it is out of my depth? Can't u apply what ur quoting? I said let us finish the matter at hand then go into other discussion, but u understood that as it is out of my depth that is why Im telling u we should be constructive and discuss one issue at a time?

So no answers to what I said in the above quote? This only shows that u r here to promote hatred and debates.

he didnt even clarify any thing in his follow up video, he completly side stepped what he said on mustakala - the main thing which was that eid al ghadeer is doubtful.

Also this man was there giving fodder to our enemies, agreeing with them, and diminishing shi'sm on t.v. The guy he was talking to Mullahzadeh Baluchi is a known nasabi, wahhabi from Iran (baluchistan specifically) who has harmed shias, and has very strong ties to jundallah terrorists which blow up masjids. The man is a big time nasabi, this "shaikh" ali malla has zero shame, and I pity any one who would chose to learn from this man.

First we say the institute is attacking shiisim thought? Then when the guy clarifies it so clearly who his imams are, we still don't wAnt to accept it?

Another thing is that the principel is the imama and wilaya and not the way it is derived, so a person can derive the wilaya of ali as in anyway but if he reaches the truth of following the imam then, u can't tell him ur not a follower because u believe in another evidence? The evidence is only the way the finality of reaching the objective in this case the wilaya is what should be questioned.

What ur saying in regards to him speaking to the Iranian nassibi ur right and I agree with u on that, and even the shaykh accepted that, so who are we to not forgive and keep judging, if god himself forgives a sinner after he repences? Or ur authority is above god now?

Edited by truth177

regardless of everything else I think the last remark is a fair point. If indeed he regrets calling that TV channel and he feels it is important enough to publicly clarify his position, why in the world would we not simply forgive him?

At the very least, contact the man and speak to him directly if you feel so strongly about it that you're ready to speak so harshly about him in public. what happened to finding 70 excuses for your brother? What happened to advising your brother in private before bringing things out in public?

regardless of everything else I think the last remark is a fair point. If indeed he regrets calling that TV channel and he feels it is important enough to publicly clarify his position, why in the world would we not simply forgive him?

At the very least, contact the man and speak to him directly if you feel so strongly about it that you're ready to speak so harshly about him in public. what happened to finding 70 excuses for your brother? What happened to advising your brother in private before bringing things out in public?

Thanks u for the lovely words, but I see here are individuals want to say harsh words to someone even so the person whom the words are directed to, clarifies his position in public on video, but still not enough, and read the title for this room, it is against a whole institution, which has the banner of imam Mahdi, and they are saying if anyone have any doubt in regards to our position pls visit us or call and speak to Shk ali himself, but no we are bigger than that we need to accuse and promote hatred in the name of ahlul bayt. How pity.

Shaykh ali response video in Arabic and English

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=trbS1LY8Y5w

Pls watch the link and stop abusing the guy there are much more important things in life then trying to acuse someone wrongly, maybe an apology should be given to him for the way he was talked about or an apology for the institute for the title of this room, at least we should remove the title

Edited by truth177

First we say the institute is attacking shiisim thought? Then when the guy clarifies it so clearly who his imams are, we still don't wAnt to accept it?

Another thing is that the principel is the imama and wilaya and not the way it is derived, so a person can derive the wilaya of ali as in anyway but if he reaches the truth of following the imam then, u can't tell him ur not a follower because u believe in another evidence? The evidence is only the way the finality of reaching the objective in this case the wilaya is what should be questioned.

What ur saying in regards to him speaking to the Iranian nassibi ur right and I agree with u on that, and even the shaykh accepted that, so who are we to not forgive and keep judging, if god himself forgives a sinner after he repences? Or ur authority is above god now?

Could you please show me where he stated he made a mistake about what he did with mullahzadeh/mustakala. I listend to both the english and arabic section and I didnt hear him state any thing related to being wrong in what he did.

The brother said he spoke to Sheikh Mallah personally about this, knowing a thing or two about Al-Mahdi Institute I know all the people there are very accessible, why not do what brother truth177 did? The response on youtube was a brief one just to clarify he does accept wilayah of Imam Ali which was the main misunderstanding people had - as is clear even in the title of this thread. so I wouldn't expect every detail, personal apology and God knows what else - maybe he now needs to publicly confirm his compliance with every single detail of Shia belief before you guys are satisfied? Maybe a public pledge of allegiance to a particular Marja as well? Or to the Rahbar? Come on.

In any case, I still fail to see how you can a discredit an entire institution which had done so much for the community over the last 15 years or so just based on this one thing.

The brother said he spoke to Sheikh Mallah personally about this, knowing a thing or two about Al-Mahdi Institute I know all the people there are very accessible, why not do what brother truth177 did? The response on youtube was a brief one just to clarify he does accept wilayah of Imam Ali which was the main misunderstanding people had - as is clear even in the title of this thread. so I wouldn't expect every detail, personal apology and God knows what else - maybe he now needs to publicly confirm his compliance with every single detail of Shia belief before you guys are satisfied? Maybe a public pledge of allegiance to a particular Marja as well? Or to the Rahbar? Come on.

In any case, I still fail to see how you can a discredit an entire institution which had done so much for the community over the last 15 years or so just based on this one thing.

Perfectly said brother,( if u want the shaykh's number I can pass it to u, his young and doing his phd maybe we should support instead on knocking our academics down) next the shaykh has to say to these guys on here pls pls forgive me and beg on tv... For him he said no one dares to accuse my love to imam ali and following. And if people are not happy it is their problem, but their right on me to explain what I said. he said i know after i post the video still they will not accept it as they dont care about the truth, they only like to puck on eacother. U know this shows hypocrisy, first they accused him of not following the ahlul bayt and accused the entire institution of attacking Shiites, the guy records a video in both languages refuting the main claim and explaining what he said on mustakilah, and saying he never said he doesn't follow imam ali, and his progeny after him, all he questioned that the evidence that is used need to be re-examined. But no he should apologies for talking in ustakillah the place where many Shia scholars come on and debate with their sunni counterparts, the guy told me that he should have not gone on there but still that is not acceptable? Wawo now that is ridiculous. Correctly put by brother in every detail.

Edited by truth177

Can't see why anyone would want to bump such a thread, but then again it's the same person who constantly makes threads/posts on scholars/speakers he doesn't agree with in a month where we should perhaps be focusing on our own shortcomings (or for that matter, all around the year).

Wallahu A'lam

Can't see why anyone would want to bump such a thread, but then again it's the same person who constantly makes threads/posts on scholars/speakers he doesn't agree with in a month where we should perhaps be focusing on our own shortcomings (or for that matter, all around the year).

Wallahu A'lam

1, because he still works there and has bad views. a hawzah teacher must not have wrong beliefs

2, how do you know if i spend time improving myself offline?

3, how may post you made in ramadhan about self improving?

4, you criticize the same speakers i criticize

5, u criticize me for criticizing when ur meant to be improving yourself this month.

6, its not haraam to enjoin the good in shahr ramadhan