Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The Darker Side Of Positive Thinking

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

hmmm that was a very interesting video especially since I love the idea of positive thinking! :Hijabi:

I have a slightly different understanding of it tho.. I think a person should think, believe, work for it, and pray all in positive attitude :)

thinking positively is the 1st step to being successful, but not the only one.. other factors should be present as well :yaali:

and OMG I didn't know the Secret's writer said that abt Tsunami!! that MEANIIIIEEE!! :squeez:

I think big things like that happened coz God wanted it to happen.. even tho being negative and spreading negative thoughts isn't good :unsure:

thnx for sharing Maryam :* :*

• Veteran Member

hmmm that was a very interesting video especially since I love the idea of positive thinking! :Hijabi:

I have a slightly different understanding of it tho.. I think a person should think, believe, work for it, and pray all in positive attitude :)

thinking positively is the 1st step to being successful, but not the only one.. other factors should be present as well :yaali:

and OMG I didn't know the Secret's writer said that abt Tsunami!! that MEANIIIIEEE!! :squeez:

I think big things like that happened coz God wanted it to happen.. even tho being negative and spreading negative thoughts isn't good :unsure:

thnx for sharing Maryam :* :*

Why does Allah want sunammi to happen? :huh: It killed many persons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Waw, this guy is skilled..I love the flow of his drawing and how he connected it all together..But still, if we were to compare optimism and pessimist there is no doubt the the good outcome of optimism is greater. I disagree with a lot of things in this video, the USA's population is not messed up because of optimism , who's he kidding...That's said, optimism when used in the wrong time and for the wrong reasons, it could be problematic(example: a high school kid tells his friend who feels guilty about smoking cigarette: "look at the bright side dude, at least you're not smoking marijuana, see you're a good kid, cheer up now"..

...But again most of the time, being optimist is the first push to success...(in my experience)

Edited by Calm
  • Veteran Member

I still think calculation is a better way than optimism. You don't necessarily have to be a pessimist in order to reject optimism. Example: a high school kid tells his friend who feels guilty about smoking cigarette: "look at the bright side dude, a hell lot more people die in car accidents, war, and a huge chunk of the alive ones are already tired of paying mortgages and being a slave to this system, you're not the only one who smokes and maybe you'll quit when you find tranquility in your life, and if you don't then oh well one has to die sometime anyway, so cheer up."