Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Aabiss_Shakari

Sunni Ittehad Council Announces Long March.

Rate this topic

(salam)

(bismillah)

Sunni Ittehad Council announced long march against terror in Pakistan. I would like if MWM (Majlis e Wahdat e Muslimeen) of Allama Hassan Zafar Naqvi (HZ) announces to accompany Sunni Muslims against Wahabi/Deobandi/Salafi terror. Shia-Sunni unity is very much possible but -Wahabi/Salafis/Deobandis because they are enemies of Sunnis and Shias both. Let us unite all against Wahabi terror which is supported by money by KSA and USA.

The Sunni Ittehad Council on August 8 announced a “long march” against terrorism and failure of the Punjab Government in nabbing the Data Darbar attackers, reports The News. The announcement was made at a peace conference to mark the Data Darbar suicide attack of July 2. People from all four provinces participated in the conference, which was held in front of Data Darbar in Lahore. The participants also passed resolutions against the Indian aggression in Kashmir and the Israeli aggression in Palestine, for pullout of US forces from Afghanistan and an end to drone attacks. SIC Chairman Fazal Karim while addressing the conference said the “long march” would start from Lahore and end in Islamabad. He said the objective was to implement Nizam-e-Mustafa (literally, the Order of the Prophet government according to the Shariah), restore peace and end terrorism from the country. Other speakers included Sunni Tehreek Chief Sarwat Ijaz Qadri, Jamaat Ahle Sunnat Nazim Ala Riaz Hussain Shah, SIC General Secretary Hanif Tayyab and others also spoke. Riaz Hussian Shah said time had come to sacrifice lives for the dignity of Islam and every Sunni child would protect shrine of saints. Sarwat Qadri called for a social boycott of political leaders who were deceiving people.

http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/detailed_news.asp?date1=8/9/2010&id=23#top

I would like if MWM (Majlis e Wahdat e Muslimeen) of Allama Hassan Zafar Naqvi (HZ) announces to accompany Sunni Muslims against Wahabi/Deobandi/Salafi terror.

+1

Also, I don't think Sunni Itehad Council would be able to gather lot many people.

(salam)

(bismillah)

Sunni Ittehad Council announced long march against terror in Pakistan. I would like if MWM (Majlis e Wahdat e Muslimeen) of Allama Hassan Zafar Naqvi (HZ) announces to accompany Sunni Muslims against Wahabi/Deobandi/Salafi terror. Shia-Sunni unity is very much possible but -Wahabi/Salafis/Deobandis because they are enemies of Sunnis and Shias both. Let us unite all against Wahabi terror which is supported by money by KSA and USA.

From what I understand, Deobandism is a reality in Pakistan. Tens of millions of people consider themselves Deobandis. Shias and Sunnis should also find ways to unite themselves with Deobandis on some common grounds. They should target and destroy only the parts and sub-groups who are 'Takfiris' and are creating fitna by bombing and killing in the country. When it comes to Salafis, I don't think you have Salafis in Pakistan, maybe a few here-there, but not as groups or big movements.

From what I understand, Deobandism is a reality in Pakistan. Tens of millions of people consider themselves Deobandis. Shias and Sunnis should also find ways to unite themselves with Deobandis on some common grounds. They should target and destroy only the parts and sub-groups who are 'Takfiris' and are creating fitna by bombing and killing in the country.

I totally agree. Our beef is not with groups who hold a different theology from ours. In this respect, Deobandis or Wahhabis or whatever are no more to us than regular Sunnis (Barelvis) and other Islamic sects. Our fight is against people, groups and ideologies which have an agenda to preach hate and murder and who actively pursue this course in total defiance of the human values of tolerance and peaceful coexistence. This definition covers all militant groups with a sectarian bent, not everyone belonging to a particular sect. I personally know plenty of Deobandi/Wahhabi commoners who have different levels of comprehension of their ideology and who are not hateful or violent to Shia in any manner.

It is important to keep in mind that militant sectarianism is not exclusive to Deobandis/Wahhabis. I have read accounts of many Sunnis (non-Deobandis) who fell for the propaganda of Takfiri militants and brainwashed into mayhem and murder. They actually belong to Barelvi school of thought yet they hate Shia enough to kill them.

Our approach should be to make ourselves heard to those Deobandi or Wahhabi laymen who want to listen.

Edited by Marbles