Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Hezbollah: Iran Rebuilt Lebanon Modestly

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Hezbollah: Iran rebuilt Lebanon modestly

Sat Oct 9, 2010 2:37PM

Share | Email | Print

Hezbollah Resistance Movement says Iran helped Lebanon reconstruction in the aftermath of Israeli wars, while modestly avoiding public spotlight. In a Saturday televised addressed in the Lebanese capital, Beirut, Hezbollah Secretary General Seyyed Hassan Nasrallah expressed gratitude for Tehran's contribution to the reconstruction of Lebanon following 1993, 1996 and 2006 Israeli offensives against the country.

The Israeli offensives killed more than 1,480 Lebanese, most of them civilians. The country's infrastructure sustained severe damage by the end of the third war.

Nasrallah said Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had declined to participate in any formalities, celebrating the launch of any Tehran-financed reconstruction projects.

"Our brothers in Iran will not mention this," he said.

"I told the Iranian president that maybe some of the projects which Iran implemented in Lebanon especially how it helped in reconstruct[ing] certain areas in southern Beirut, let's make a ceremony, whereby the Iranian president will inaugurate certain projects, which Iran has helped, which has contributed to [sic]."

"The Iranian president answered me and said any project, any inauguration, any ceremonies, which could make the Lebanese people feel that they owe the Iranians or that I want to show them that I have done something, Iran has done something for Lebanon, I do not want to do this. Meaning I do not want to make the Lebanese feel they are indebted to Iran."

Nasrallah quoted Ahmadinejad as saying that "we are the ones who must thank the Lebanese for their perseverance and for the resistance and for the great victory, which they gave to the [Muslim] Ummah."

"This was the stance the Iranian president gave me," He added.

"It is my duty to express gratitude," said Hezbollah's leader, adding that "If they do not want to speak, let us speak."

Nasrallah went on to say that President Ahmadinejad "quickly reacted and responded positively" to his request for aid during the 2006 war.

"Had…this money been given to the Lebanese state, its destiny would be similar to the destiny of the money, which was given by Saudi Arabia and Arab governments to the Lebanese state. We would have entered into a bureaucracy, which was endless. Regardless, off course, of the political intentions," said the resistance leader, adding that "even if there are good political intentions, the bureaucracy would have been endless."

President Ahmadinejad is scheduled to pay an official visit to Lebanon in October. It would be the first such trip since he took office in 2005.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/145924.html

• Veteran Member

Well announcing it doesn't make it so modest anymore ;D

lol jk

hilarious ... Seyyed Hassan announced it, and he said specifically that Iran wasn't interested in boasting about their contributions:

"I told the Iranian president that maybe some of the projects which Iran implemented in Lebanon especially how it helped in reconstructing certain areas in southern Beirut deserve a ceremony whereby the Iranian president will inaugurate certain projects, which Iran has helped, which has contributed to. The Iranian president answered me and said any project, any inauguration, any ceremonies, which could make the Lebanese people feel that they owe the Iranians or that I want to show them that I have done something, Iran has done something for Lebanon, I do not want to do this. Meaning I do not want to make the Lebanese feel they are indebted to Iran."

source

• Veteran Member

Where is the "Iran hates Shias" crowd?

Where is the "why doesn't Iran help Shias instead of Salafi Hamas"crowd?

No one is saying that because it is a non sensical argument as you only have to read the news to know that Iran is believed (and in some cases has admited) funding shi'a groups in Iraq, but also Pakistan and the Zadis in Yemen. I also believe they provide financial, educational and spiritual support for the shi'a of Africa.

Aside from that Iran has sent aid to many sunni coutries such as somalia obvioulsy Palestine, Pakistan, Afghanistan

But the one area Iran really lets itself down on is getting in bed with the chineses, this chinese government is the most anti-islamic government on this planet, they give israel a run for their money. They oppress the vast muslim population of their country on a daily basis in a sickening way and even spend money trying to get the chinese muslims who managed to get out of the country back so they can torture them, there was a well documented case with some chinese muslims who the governmet accused of being in al qaeda, so the american put them in guantanmo, and china where trying to get them back, but the alhamdulillah the americans in this case saw sense and released them. Before anyone says they are all sunni in china, that is not true there are some shi'a there, but that is not even the point. China is also funding the civil war in darfur, and we all know about the atrocities that went (or are going) on there. Many maraja have come out and slammed china, but t seems not the iranian governmetn, unfortunetly.

So all in all they do alot of good regardless of sectarian divides, but with this one sittuation, they should be ashamed of themselves as it undermines all the other good work they do.

I understand why, they need china as an allies, but this is not the point, the right path is the right path

Edited by ShahHussain
  • Veteran Member

the Zadis in Yemen.

But the one area Iran really lets itself down on is getting in bed with the chineses, this chinese government is the most anti-islamic

Iran or the Shia Arabs did not help Zaidis or Houthis of Yemen at all, that is why Houthis could not progress well in the previous conflict, no group ever helped them. They even publicly supported the government of Abdullah Saleh, a Saudi puppet, instead of condemning its brutal campaign against Shia civilians.

When it comes to China, Iran should only condemn if a massacre is taking place, like it did last year. Other than that, I guess Chinese Muslims should find a solution for themselves. They have a population of twice as that of Iran. And unfortunately, they have grown takfiri minded people amongst themselves who send suicide bombers on Alqaida tickets to kill Shias and other Muslims in Muslim countries.

• Advanced Member

Iran or the Shia Arabs did not help Zaidis or Houthis of Yemen at all, that is why Houthis could not progress well in the previous conflict, no group ever helped them. They even publicly supported the government of Abdullah Saleh, a Saudi puppet, instead of condemning its brutal campaign against Shia civilians.

Source please?

• Veteran Member

Source please?

Source is required from those who say, the 'action is carried out'. They did? Source please?

My source? Houthis fought to the death, Saudis interfered, Americans interfered, civilians were killed and misplaced in tens of thousands according to UNHCR, Iranian foreign ministry said, it is an internal issues of Yemenis and that they reject any interference. Do you want me to google all the links for you? Don't you remember what happened?

If it is not true and I am mistaken, show me a few sources where groups like Hizbullah, countries like Syria, Iraq or Iran offered any help or sent any help?

• Advanced Member

Source is required from those who say, the 'action is carried out'. They did? Source please?

My source? Houthis fought to the death, Saudis interfered, Americans interfered, civilians were killed and misplaced in tens of thousands according to UNHCR, Iranian foreign ministry said, it is an internal issues of Yemenis and that they reject any interference. Do you want me to google all the links for you? Don't you remember what happened?

If it is not true and I am mistaken, show me a few sources where groups like Hizbullah, countries like Syria, Iraq or Iran offered any help or sent any help?

I am asking for a source as to where you derived this from: "They even publicly supported the government ".

Oh I see. Didn't they all say, they support a unity government under the government of Abdullah Saleh?

Thats politics. See the Houthis fought Saudi Arabia, if Iran was going to interfere with everything, they would say YOU SEE IRAN IS INTERFERING WITH INNER POLITICS. And its getting enough that everything Iran does is being critisized.

In Lebanon, in May 7th, when Hezbollah and their allies, went to the streets and purified the streets of Beirut, Iran also said we wish there would be unity in Lebanon. But does that mean they dont support Hezbollah and fund them? I mean a diplomatic country like Iran should move for "unity", thats what a diplomatic country usually asks.

No one is saying that because it is a non sensical argument as you only have to read the news to know that Iran is believed (and in some cases has admited) funding shi'a groups in Iraq, but also Pakistan and the Zadis in Yemen. I also believe they provide financial, educational and spiritual support for the shi'a of Africa.

Aside from that Iran has sent aid to many sunni coutries such as somalia obvioulsy Palestine, Pakistan, Afghanistan

But the one area Iran really lets itself down on is getting in bed with the chineses, this chinese government is the most anti-islamic government on this planet, they give israel a run for their money. They oppress the vast muslim population of their country on a daily basis in a sickening way and even spend money trying to get the chinese muslims who managed to get out of the country back so they can torture them, there was a well documented case with some chinese muslims who the governmet accused of being in al qaeda, so the american put them in guantanmo, and china where trying to get them back, but the alhamdulillah the americans in this case saw sense and released them. Before anyone says they are all sunni in china, that is not true there are some shi'a there, but that is not even the point. China is also funding the civil war in darfur, and we all know about the atrocities that went (or are going) on there. Many maraja have come out and slammed china, but t seems not the iranian governmetn, unfortunetly.

So all in all they do alot of good regardless of sectarian divides, but with this one sittuation, they should be ashamed of themselves as it undermines all the other good work they do.

I understand why, they need china as an allies, but this is not the point, the right path is the right path

Pointless, its not illegal to do business with non muslims. How do you think the first muslims, and muslims after that survived? They had to stop business with other surrounding jews and kafirs because now Islam came along? You logic is flawed.

• Veteran Member

Pointless, its not illegal to do business with non muslims. How do you think the first muslims, and muslims after that survived? They had to stop business with other surrounding jews and kafirs because now Islam came along? You logic is flawed.

No of course it is not illegal to do business with non muslims, and it is indeed essential, but doing business with an islamophobic nation who's internal policies are not only anti islamic, but anti all non-han chinese.

Did rasulullah (pbuh) go out of his way to do business with the enemies of islam? The chinese are not even pretending to be friends of islam, they have made it clear, they need certain things from muslim nations, such as trade and that is where it stops, they are using iran as a pawn in their power struggle with america, that is the end of it.

If you have missed it on the news over the years, why don't you google it? China is an anti muslim country and we should stand by our oppressed brothers there as much as we do anywhere, or else it is hypocricy. Are they not as much a part of the muslim ummah as other peoples?

• Advanced Member

No of course it is not illegal to do business with non muslims, and it is indeed essential, but doing business with an islamophobic nation who's internal policies are not only anti islamic, but anti all non-han chinese.

Did rasulullah (pbuh) go out of his way to do business with the enemies of islam? The chinese are not even pretending to be friends of islam, they have made it clear, they need certain things from muslim nations, such as trade and that is where it stops, they are using iran as a pawn in their power struggle with america, that is the end of it.

If you have missed it on the news over the years, why don't you google it? China is an anti muslim country and we should stand by our oppressed brothers there as much as we do anywhere, or else it is hypocricy. Are they not as much a part of the muslim ummah as other peoples?

Do you realize what would happen to the Iranian economy if stopped doing trade and business with China?

• Veteran Member

Do you realize what would happen to the Iranian economy if stopped doing trade and business with China?

I understand that, especially the veto that china hold with the security council. All i'm saying is that they are twisted messed up anti muslims.

Clearly the world is not black and white