Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Believe?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Why believe in god, when the only thing certain is uncertainty. We dont know. I say this even though I dont believe in god, i dont say i dont know 100% that there isnt one, because that would just make me as ignorant as saying I know for sure there is a god, but i can with the utmost hopeful certainty say that there isnt any observable evidence to believe so.

How can some religious claim to know that not only there is a god, but he has given you a specific religious indoctrination, that he has given us 10 commandments, that the messiah is coming back etc etc. From all these religions, how can we assert with only our simple close minded about what we want to hear. Does the deistic mind set not seem more appealing then the theistic?

P.S this is my last post, all the best to the people on the forum

Wslm

• Advanced Member

Because having a purpose to live is a lot more soothing than the alternative. Believing in God, especially his Faith, Islam, gives you not only a purpose, but the greatest morals that go beyond human morality and government laws. Once you've learned the fundamental purpose of your existence, you are at the core of happiness. There is nothing ignorant about saying that God's existence is 100%. If I give God's existence a probability, that would give me doubt, and thus it leads me astray and ultimately robs my new-found happiness. If he doesn't exist, then I would drink, or do drugs, or defile my body with "cool" things like piercings. But because he exist, and because I know he is always watching, I must lead a life of morality and dignity. I must also help others, as he has commanded me, and avoid conflict and trouble. Thus, by me believing God, I not only lead a happy life, but my existence far exceeds that of the existence of one who does not believe in God or his Faith. By this I mean, I have lead a life to support humanity, and my existence has helped others and decreased problems in this world. On the other hand, those who oppose God, his Faith, and his existence, only distort God's peace, and lead many conflicts and problems. If they didn't exist, this world would be better. Knowing this, I know that God's existence must be real because by following him, I am helping this world to a better conclusion.

In the end, when you die, and you wake up, you will realize something. That Angel in front of you is real. And the body next to you, that looks exactly like you... is real. And then you will realize just how stupid you were.

• Advanced Member

I said that was my last reply, but I couldnt resist laughing at your pathetic answer,you are clearly ignorant uinwilling to learn about the opposition and use your emotion to justify the existence of an entity, much less the islamic god...

• Advanced Member

It is written that Pontius Pilate asked Christ - qvid est veritas. They say that his wife told him - si non vis veritatem avdire nemo tibi dicere potest. If you do not will to hear truth no one has power (is able) to speak (to tell) it to you.

Why ask only to leave? You do not want an answer. No one can give you one.

Edited by peccator
  • Advanced Member

It is written that Pontius Pilate asked Christ - qvid est veritas. They say that his wife told him - si non vis veritatem avdire nemo tibi dicere potest. If you do not will to hear truth no one has power (is able) to speak (to tell) it to you.

Perfect

• 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member

I said that was my last reply, but I couldnt resist laughing at your pathetic answer,you are clearly ignorant uinwilling to learn about the opposition and use your emotion to justify the existence of an entity, much less the islamic god...

Deny this statement Please. Every Design has a designer !!!!! When you see a house you and see its structure you dont say it just came to be even though it is so simple as compared to the beauty of the universe you dont deny a builder.

im sick of people getting into all these scientific arguements and stupid claims. Just sit in a park take a moment to yourself and look around and you will believe.

Nice :)

In the end, when you die, and you wake up, you will realize something. That Angel in front of you is real. And the body next to you, that looks exactly like you... is real. And then you will realize just how stupid you were.

Salam bro

I was watching the discovery channel and german scientists are trying to figure our why you see your lifeless body next to you when you are dead. They had people who had been announced dead for quite a while and all of them experianced themselves looking at their lifeless body one women was blind her whole life and she experianced vision she said it was so scary because she didnt know what vision was her entire life and to experiance it all of a sudden was uncomprehendable.

Edited by asharp
  • Advanced Member

In practical sense, there is no need to believe in God. I mean, even if God exists he doesn't need us to believe in him to exist.

He doesn't need us to believe in Him but we need to believe in Him. God says: "I was a hidden treasure, so I created the creations so that I would be known". It's for our benefit that we must love God because without that love we are only animals who live for a certain time and then die without accomplishing anything. In order to truly accomplish our purpose as humans we have to accept that we were created in order to obey God and only through complete submission (i.e. Islam) are we able to truly become happy. Anyone who has ever felt true spirituality will tell you that it is much more than just a physical pleasure. There is no physical pleasure that can be compared to the feeling of having your "spirit" leave your body and reach towards God. That is our purpose as humans: to reach God and live eternally in His mercy.