Purged

Story Of Isra Al ' Miraj.

Rate this topic

AOA,

my apologies if this question/hadith has been raised before. I have heard of a hadeeth in regards to Miraj that our beloved Prophet [s.A.W.W] heart was cut open, washed and what have you. I dont know how authentic this hadeeth is but it isnt sitting well with me. I seek refuge in Allah [sWT] from evil, our Prophet Muhammad [s.A.W.W] doesnt need any fine tuning so can somebody please counter this hadith? Thank you.

(salam)

(bismillah)

my apologies if this question/hadith has been raised before. I have heard of a hadeeth in regards to Miraj that our beloved Prophet [s.A.W.W] heart was cut open, washed and what have you. I dont know how authentic this hadeeth is but it isnt sitting well with me. I seek refuge in Allah [sWT] from evil, our Prophet Muhammad [s.A.W.W] doesnt need any fine tuning so can somebody please counter this hadith? Thank you.

Umm, I haven't heard this story being related to Israa', but INSTEAD when the Prophet (SAWAS) was born and he was a baby, that Jibraa'eel came and opened his heart and took out all the "bad stuff" from him.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri

(salam)

(bismillah)

brother Nader, give me sometime pls, I will try to bring the exact story/narrator/book asap. nd thank you 4 replying brother Nader and abdullahussain.

If you go to Hayaah Al-Quloob by `Allaamah Al-Majlisi, I believe this has been translated from Arabic to English, if you go to his vol. 2, which is only about the Prophet (SAWAS) life, and you go around the birth of him (SAWAS), he will relate this story.

(salam)

(salam)

(bismillah)

Umm, I haven't heard this story being related to Israa', but INSTEAD when the Prophet (SAWAS) was born and he was a baby, that Jibraa'eel came and opened his heart and took out all the "bad stuff" from him.

(salam)

(wasalam)

There are hadiths in Sunni books about this incident. If I am not mistaken, the Prophet (pbuh) was not a baby when this happened. He was 6-7 years old. The way how this was reported was very strange because it states that Prophet Muhammad's friend ran to Abdul Mutallib (Prophet's grandfather) saying someone is cutting his grandson up and removing his heart. There are also other hadiths that claim Prophet (pbuh) narrated this story.

I don't think we believe this story.

(salam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

what is this "bad stuff"?

where did the Prophet (pbuh) got "bad stuff" from? this sounds like the "original sin" theory we spend much time refuting christians on.

AOA,

yes, thats exactly what ive heard of. im looking for this 'hadith' and its chain of narrators. And neither do I believe in this 'story'. I think this story was made up for them who call Muhammad [sAWW] their 'baray bhai' (older brother). Allah hu Jalla Jalla-la-hu.

(wasalam)

There are hadiths in Sunni books about this incident. If I am not mistaken, the Prophet (pbuh) was not a baby when this happened. He was 6-7 years old. The way how this was reported was very strange because it states that Prophet Muhammad's friend ran to Abdul Mutallib (Prophet's grandfather) saying someone is cutting his grandson up and removing his heart. There are also other hadiths that claim Prophet (pbuh) narrated this story.

I don't think we believe this story.

Salam Aleikoum,

I just joined this forum because i was hoping to find the hadith of israa and mi3raj. Unfortunately theres only one thread about it and it's this one. :S

Even though it's been already one year since this thread was posted it's important that you know that us shia we believe in this.

This journey is explained in the Quran in many verses.

Like in surat Al Isra'a (17:1)

"Glorified be He who carried His servant at night from Masjid al­ Haram to Masjid al‑Aqsa, the precincts of which We have blessed so that We may show him of Our Signs. Verily He is the All­ Hearing, the All‑Seeing"

Hope it helped you.

AOA,

simply, our prophet is perfect. the purest human. you answered your question yourself. prophet did not need any fine tuning. it is against the shia belief that prophet's heart ws cut. he was perfect from Adam and Eve times, away from all sins and shetaan.

Human mind is unable to comprehend haqeeqat of "Isra" or "Miraj" that's why most of the Muslims scholars have tried to limit this great miracle by stating that it was a spiritual journey and was not a bodily ascension. Some have said it happened during his sleep and again denied bodily ascension. I can see how hard it is for people to understand and accept the reality of Miraj while Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Himself mentioning it by beginning the verse with "Subhan Allathi" (Limitless in His glory is He) 

سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي أَسْرَىٰ بِعَبْدِهِ لَيْلًا مِنَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ إِلَى الْمَسْجِدِ الْأَقْصَى الَّذِي بَارَكْنَا حَوْلَهُ لِنُرِيَهُ مِنْ آيَاتِنَا
17:1

Perhaps they think it is not possible for "basharun mithlokum" (Human like them) to ascend to heavens without wearing space suit :D

I would like to know what are the views of reformists and those who reject the hadith on this great event. 

@Fink, @786:), @skyweb1987, @Ashvazdanghe, @ShiaMan14, @Leibniz

9 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

Perhaps they think it is not possible for "basharun mithlokum" (Human like them) to ascend to heavens without wearing space suit :D

And here I would like all of us to understand what would be the definition and meaning of "basharun mithlokum". One only need to keep in mind the "Asra" or "Miraj".

34 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

Human mind is unable to comprehend haqeeqat of "Isra" or "Miraj" that's why most of the Muslims scholars have tried to limit this great miracle by stating that it was a spiritual journey and was not a bodily ascension. Some have said it happened during his sleep and again denied bodily ascension. I can see how hard it is for people to understand and accept the reality of Miraj while Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Himself mentioning it by beginning the verse with "Subhan Allathi" (Limitless in His glory is He) 

سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي أَسْرَىٰ بِعَبْدِهِ لَيْلًا مِنَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ إِلَى الْمَسْجِدِ الْأَقْصَى الَّذِي بَارَكْنَا حَوْلَهُ لِنُرِيَهُ مِنْ آيَاتِنَا

I would like to know what are the views of reformists and those who reject the hadith on this great event. 

@Panzerwaffe

1 hour ago, Salsabeel said:

Most definitely an all-encompassing journey

there are theories of there being more than 3 dimension. If there are (which I’m sure there is more than what we perceive here on Earth) how can the voice of God not have access to everything and anything at any given moment? His experience cannot be truly understood simply based off the fact we can’t even do a Miraj in the first place 

mall the needs to be really understood is that he wa sable to reach a point where he saw the greatest sign of Allah :) whom was the ‘face’ of Allah and even then there was more room to go up further :)

thats where Sayeda (SA) is, she is beyond the point even the Propeht can travel too 

which is just... Subhanallah! 

47 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

And here I would like all of us to understand what would be the definition and meaning of "basharun mithlokum". One only need to keep in mind the "Asra" or "Miraj".

as a part of  a narration from Imam Ali(عليه السلام) that I remember he said you are not only humans in this world & in stars are cities & people like you that have differences in abilities & charcteristics with you 

50 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

also in Qur'an says you only can travel in kingdom of Allah just by "sultan" that it interpreted as suitable stuffs for traveling that can be different in any condition 

59 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

I don't reject it at all & I completely believe to it but it neglected by majority of scholars & they just give few examples about it but nobody expanded it between new generation of Shia scholars because most of energy of them is wasting in never ending debates with wahabbists & solving everyday propblems of Shias that nobody tries to match it with new discoveries in other hand  people from religions & even anti religion people are trying to link everything to aliens that I saw a movie that was claiming angle gabriel was an alien that his spaceship discovered in deserts of Hijaz but KSA kept it as a secret  like as ufologist believe that ezekiel prophecies is just close encounter with aliens . 

7 minutes ago, Ralvi said:

thats where Sayeda (SA) is, she is beyond the point even the Propeht can travel too 

which is just... Subhanallah! 

only Prophet (pbu) could reach a point that no one traveled to it & won't travel to it that his closeness to Allah is impossible for everyone even Sayeda (sa) but it wasn't a physical closeness like as wahhabis say that he saw Allah in form of unmatured red curly teenager Nauzubi'Allah when creation of Sayeda done from Prophet (pbu) do she can't exceed him but she has third  place after Prophet Muhammad (pbu) & Imam Ali(عليه السلام) even above other Imams that all of them have more higher status than we can imagine but only Prophet Muhammad (pbu) is closest one to Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)

7 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

I don't reject it at all & I completely believe to it

Then congratulations brother!!!! You have been greeted by Prophet (S):

وَإِذَا جَاءَكَ الَّذِينَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِآيَاتِنَا فَقُلْ سَلَامٌ عَلَيْكُمْ

for you believe in the great sign of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), the Miraj of Prophet Muhammad (peace & blessings of Allah be upon him & his pure progeny).