Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Do We Have These Hadith?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I often read sunni hadith in different books or articles and wonder: do we have these hadith in our shia sources as well? Or is it something that only sunnis believe? I can think of two famous hadith now but I will probably post some more with time. If possible can anyone also give shia references to these hadith if we do share them with sunnis.

1. the hadith about ummah splitting into 73 sects, only one of which will be in paradise

2. the hadith about stones and rocks shouting to Muslims at the end of times: "there is a jew behind me, come and kill him!"

• Advanced Member

I often read sunni hadith in different books or articles and wonder: do we have these hadith in our shia sources as well? Or is it something that only sunnis believe? I can think of two famous hadith now but I will probably post some more with time. If possible can anyone also give shia references to these hadith if we do share them with sunnis.

1. the hadith about ummah splitting into 73 sects, only one of which will be in paradise

We have many ahadith with similar matn: http://www.al-shia.org/html/ara/books/lib-hadis/behar28/a1.html

w/s

• Advanced Member

We are told to apply reason to Hadith, and to know that no Hadith which cannot stand up to the Faculties of Reason is to be considderd factual. Spoken language is created by forcing ari through the "wind pipes" and accentuating consonants with the tongue, in a manner recognizable to a person of a similar language group who has the intellectual ability to process the meaning of sound into communication.

Rocks have no Mouths, Rocks have no lungs, Rocks have absolutely no ability to speak, nor can they, and still be rocks.

Ergo, It would take "Magic" to make a stone talk, which we (the reasonable and intellegent) do not believe in.

So no, that is impossible, and according to the Ahlul Bayt, we should not give it too much credit.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

We are told to apply reason to Hadith, and to know that no Hadith which cannot stand up to the Faculties of Reason is to be considderd factual. Spoken language is created by forcing ari through the "wind pipes" and accentuating consonants with the tongue, in a manner recognizable to a person of a similar language group who has the intellectual ability to process the meaning of sound into communication.

Rocks have no Mouths, Rocks have no lungs, Rocks have absolutely no ability to speak, nor can they, and still be rocks.

Ergo, It would take "Magic" to make a stone talk, which we (the reasonable and intellegent) do not believe in.

So no, that is impossible, and according to the Ahlul Bayt, we should not give it too much credit.

Is it not possible that the interpretation you derive from such hadiths is different from the interpretation intended by the one who originally said those words?

was salam

• Advanced Member

2. the hadith about stones and rocks shouting to Muslims at the end of times: "there is a jew behind me, come and kill him!"

Assalamu alaikum Ya Ali (asws) Madad

While translating "Imam e Zamana (atfs) in Quran and Hadiths" we found this hadith..it is the tafseer for Sura Saff ayah 9 I dont know if this is what you're wanting but your post reminded me of this hadith ...

Sura Saff (The Ranks)

Ayah 9 “He it is Who sent His Messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may make it triumph over the religions, all of them, though the polytheists may be averse.”

Abi Baseer narrates, “I asked Imam Jafar Sadiq (asws) regarding this saying of Allah.

Imam (Asws) replied, “The taweel (deep inner meaning) of this ayah does not apply yet.”

I asked, “May I sacrifice myself for You! When will it apply?”

Imam (asws) replied, “It will apply, inshaAllah, when al Mahdi (Atfs) reappears. When al Mahdi (atfs) reappears, every kafir (unbeliever) and mushrik (polytheist) will hate His reappearance. However, even if the kafirs and mushriks hide within rocks, the rocks will say to the believers, “O’believer! There is a kafir or mushrik hiding in me, so break me open and kill him.” Therefore, the believers will find them and kill them.”

(Taweel al Ayat al Dhahira pg 663)

[Pickthal 27:18] Till, when they reached the Valley of the Ants, an ant exclaimed: O ants! Enter your dwellings lest Solomon and his armies crush you, unperceiving.

[Pickthal 27:19] And (Solomon) smiled, laughing at her speech, and said: My Lord, arouse me to be thankful for Thy favour wherewith Thou hast favoured me and my parents, and to do good that shall be pleasing unto Thee, and include me in (the number of) Thy righteous slaves.

[Pickthal 27:20] And he sought among the birds and said: How is it that I see not the hoopoe, or is he among the absent?

[Pickthal 27:21] I verily will punish him with hard punishment or I verily will slay him, or he verily shall bring me a plain excuse.

[Pickthal 27:22] But he was not long in coming, and he said (the bird): I have found out (a thing) that thou apprehendest not, and I come unto thee from Sheba with sure tidings.

[Pickthal 2:74] Then, even after that, your hearts were hardened and became as rocks, or worse than rocks, for hardness. For indeed there are rocks from out which rivers gush, and indeed there are rocks which split asunder so that water floweth from them. And indeed there are rocks which fall down for the fear of Allah. Allah is not unaware of what ye do.

To Allah prostrate all things that are in the skies and on earth,- the sun, the moon, the stars; the hills, the trees.

[surah Hajj, ayah 18]

We made the mountains, and the birds to celebrate Our praise.

[surah Anbiya, ayah 79]

Edited by Wilayat Mission