Sign in to follow this  
bzaidi

Ziyarat In Iran

Rate this topic

Hello All,

I am planning to visit Iran for Ziyarat. I am currently based in Dubai. I have a trip of almost seven days.

I wanted to know what are the places of Ziyarat in Tehra, Qum and Mashaad. I know a few. One is Hazrat Bibi Sheher Bano(A.S),

Roza of Hazrat Imam Raza, Shehzadiay Qum.

Any other places if any,please tell me. I am more then excited to go to Iran. Additionally, what are the best Hotels for girls to stay in Tehran,

Qum and Mashaad, which are safe and good class. Looking forward to have this information..

Thanks.

(bismillah)

7 days are two short a time. I would recommend:

DAY 1 - Go from Airport directly to QOM.

Find a holtel near the holy shrine.

Do Ziyarat of the Holy Shrine of Masooma (SA).

Stay in Qom over-night.

DAY 2 - Spend day in Qom.

Evening go to Jamkaran Mosque. Spend a few hours at the Mosque. (2-3 hrs - Tuesday evening would be ideal)

Return back to Qom and Stay in Qom over-night.

DAY 3 - Pack your bag and go to Tehran early morning and complete all Ziyarats in Tehran during morning and afternoon hours. (6 - 8 hrs)

Take an evening flight Tehran - Mashad.

Find a hotel in Mashad near the Holy Shrine.

DAY 4- Stay in Mashad full day and visit Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (as).

DAY 5- Spend morning in Mashad and visit Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (as).

Take an afternoon trip to visit Ziyarats in the vacinity of Mashad plus go to Neshabur for Ziyarats. (3-5 hours)

Return back to Mashad in the evening.

DAY 6 - Spend full day in Mashad and visit Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (as).

Have free guest lunch at the Holy Shrine (need to get tickets)

DAY 7 - Spend morning in Mashad and visit Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (as) in the

Afternoon - take your flight Mashad - Tehran - Dubai.

TIPS

PS: Very few speak English in Iran! Some Hotel guys may speak Arabic, but no English. If you find someone speaking English take a photo and autograph!!!!

Dont discuss politics with Taxi drivers. Many are against Inqilab.

The currency says Riyals but everything is priced in Toomans. 100 Riyals means 10 toomans (just minus a zero).

Most common food is Chalo Kabab (Rice and beaf Kabab), Chalo Murgh (Rice and chicken) and Rotisserie Chicken.

Shop for Tasbih, Sijdagah, stones (aqiq, firoza), hirz Imam Jawad (as), Kafan etc at Bazar e Reza (A) in Mashad.

Get some Sohan Sweet (from Qom), Gazz and Pistachios for the family back home.

Remember me in your prayers.

WS

Edited by Orion

Hello Orion,

Thank you very much for a very detailed reply. I will surely remember you all in my prayers.

I am just confused at onething, that i don't know Arabic or Persian language at all, so how will i communicate.

Means what the best way to communicate the people over there.

Best Regards,

(bismillah)

7 days are two short a time. I would recommend:

DAY 1 - Go from Airport directly to QOM.

Find a holtel near the holy shrine.

Do Ziyarat of the Holy Shrine of Masooma (SA).

Stay in Qom over-night.

DAY 2 - Spend day in Qom.

Evening go to Jamkaran Mosque. Spend a few hours at the Mosque. (2-3 hrs - Tuesday evening would be ideal)

Return back to Qom and Stay in Qom over-night.

DAY 3 - Pack your bag and go to Tehran early morning and complete all Ziyarats in Tehran during morning and afternoon hours. (6 - 8 hrs)

Take an evening flight Tehran - Mashad.

Find a hotel in Mashad near the Holy Shrine.

DAY 4- Stay in Mashad full day and visit Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (as).

DAY 5- Spend morning in Mashad and visit Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (as).

Take an afternoon trip to visit Ziyarats in the vacinity of Mashad plus go to Neshabur for Ziyarats. (3-5 hours)

Return back to Mashad in the evening.

DAY 6 - Spend full day in Mashad and visit Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (as).

Have free guest lunch at the Holy Shrine (need to get tickets)

DAY 7 - Spend morning in Mashad and visit Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (as) in the

Afternoon - take your flight Mashad - Tehran - Dubai.

TIPS

PS: Very few speak English in Iran! Some Hotel guys may speak Arabic, but no English. If you find someone speaking English take a photo and autograph!!!!

Dont discuss politics with Taxi drivers. Many are against Inqilab.

The currency says Riyals but everything is priced in Toomans. 100 Riyals means 10 toomans (just minus a zero).

Most common food is Chalo Kabab (Rice and beaf Kabab), Chalo Murgh (Rice and chicken) and Rotisserie Chicken.

Shop for Tasbih, Sijdagah, stones (aqiq, firoza), hirz Imam Jawad (as), Kafan etc at Bazar e Reza (A) in Mashad.

Get some Sohan Sweet (from Qom), Gazz and Pistachios for the family back home.

Remember me in your prayers.

WS

Hello Orion,

Thank you very much for a very detailed reply. I will surely remember you all in my prayers.

I am just confused at onething, that i don't know Arabic or Persian language at all, so how will i communicate.

Means what the best way to communicate the people over there.

Best Regards,

(bismillah)

In that case it would be a little hard.

What you can do is arrange for "private guides" who speak English, Urdu, Farsi. They have cars and can pick you up from Airport, take you to Qom, find you a hotel. Take you for surrounding Ziyarats, etc. They don't charge much (very reasonable fees) and are very convenient. And at times even cheaper than local taxis. You also learn a lot of history about the Ziyarats from them.

I know two nice guides. One for Qom/Tehran and other for Mashad. I can give you their phone numbers if you wish. Call them a few days earlier and remind them again on the day of arrival.

Also, in Mashad, inside the Holy Haram, there is an office for foreign visitors (Daftar e bain al milali) They speak multiple languages and have daily Majlis and other programs in English and Urdu.

A few more tips:

-In Mashad, at the Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (AS, where the Holy Zarih is. There is a place called Bala Sar (or Masjid Bala Sar). You should offer 2 rakats salat. Its is said this is the place where duas (supplications) get accepted, by the grace of Allah. InshaAllah.

-Also in Mashad, at the Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (as) there is a courtyard called Sehn e Inqilab. In Sahn e Inqilab there is a place called something like Pinjar. Thats where sick pilgrims stand to ask for shifa (cure). It is said that sick are cured at this place, by the grace of Allah.

-Before you travel to Iran. Pick a copy of Mafath al-Jinnan (dua and ziyart book). It has a section on Imam Reza (as) and Hazrat Masooma (SA). Read the benefits of the Holy Ziyarats. Translation of the different Ziyartas. Make a photo-copy of this section and take it to Iran with you.

Also if you have time, read the life history of Imam Reza (as) and Bibi Masooma (SA). You will appreciate your trip better, InshaAllah.

WS

Edited by Orion

(bismillah)

Guides:

For Mashad:

Mr. Meisam Homaei (speaks Urdu, Gujrati and Farsi)

Phone: 0098-935-239 9144

For Tehran and Qom:

Mr. Saeed Rizvi (speaks English, Urdu and Farsi)

I cant find his number but you can ask Mr. Meisam for his number.

Recommended Hotel in Qom:

Al-Zahra Hotel (walking distance from the Holy Haram)

Phone: 0098-251-774 4004

(Mr. Saeed Rizvi can make booking for you at Al-Zahra Hotel)

Usually no prior booking is necessary for Hotels. the Guides can take you to the hotels where accommodations are available.

WS

Dear Orion,

Thank you very much for such a great help. Last question i was looking forward to know is that, what budget should be kept for Iran Zyarat?

Means excluding the ticket because i need to plan my expenses accordingly. It is my first experience, so any pointers in this regard will be

helpful also. You can specify the amount in Pakistan Rupees or Dirhams. I would highly appreciate your help.

Best Wishes,

Bzaidi,

Getting an English guide is a good idea and I did so when in Isfahan and Shiraz, but I think that you will be surprised how many people speak English at least to a basic degree. Hotels and tourist type restaurants will all have people who speak English, they all tend to have English menus and most signs in the country have Farsi and English on them. Especially young people usually have some knowledge of English and will be very willing to be of help to you. Taxis seem to be hit or miss for English and my advice to yu would be just to accept the fact that they will overcharge you especially because they are still very cheap compared to western countries. I have had many a fruitless conversation with taxis drivers as to why they charge me twice as much when I am with my friends.

I am nit really sure about a budget. I never went on a trip like you are on, nor did I ever go to Iran for such a short period of time. I assume you have a visa already? It can take a lot of time and frustration to get a visa, so if you haven't already, get started applying.

Dear Orion,

Thank you very much for such a great help. Last question i was looking forward to know is that, what budget should be kept for Iran Zyarat?

Means excluding the ticket because i need to plan my expenses accordingly. It is my first experience, so any pointers in this regard will be

helpful also. You can specify the amount in Pakistan Rupees or Dirhams. I would highly appreciate your help.

Best Wishes,

(bismillah)

Iran is not that expensive.....and way cheaper than Dubai.

Here are some rough estimates that will give you some idea.

Pak Rs. 1000 = Irani Tooman 12,000

(So divide everything by 12 to convert prices in Pak Rs)

Daily Expenses:

HOTEL (2-3 star)

1 room for 2 persons range from 35,000 to 45,000 tooman (i.e. Pak Rs 3000 to 4000) per day.

(Note that hotel prices vary with the month of the year.)

FOOD

Meals are 2,500 to 4,500 tooman (Pak Rs 200 to 400) for 2 persons per meal (x3)

One Time expenses:

Tehran Airport to Qom 35,000 to 45,000 tooman (i.e. Pak Rs 3000 to 4000) .

Qom to Jamkaran by taxi not much maybe 1,500 to 2,000 tooman (Pak Rs 150) one way. (x2)

Qom to Tehran including Tehran Ziyarats and drop to the Airport - possibly 55,000 tooman (Pak Rs 5000).

Mashad Airport to Hotel - 20,000 tooman (Rs 1,600) (x2)

Mashad vicinity Ziyarats including a trip to Neshabur and back to Mashad - 40,000 tooman (Rs 3,500).

EXTRAS (are up to you)

Shopping of Tabarookat.

Donations to the Holy Haram for construction, renovation, etc.

THOSE ON A BUDGET

If you dont want to spend much, you can stay at the Khoja Musafarkhana (Zair-saray Shah e khorasan). You dont have to pay anything. This way you could save hotel expenses. These Musafarkhans are in Tehran, Qom and Mashad. Accumadaition is dependent on availability. Mr. Meisam's brother is the Manager for the Mashad Musafirkhana. He can give you more info. about all 3 Musafirkhanas.

Also even if you are staying at a hotel, you can contact the Musafirkhana for sharing surrounding Ziyarat trips with other people/groups. This will save you money.

WS

(salam)

Qom to Jamkaran by taxi not much maybe 1,500 to 2,000 tooman (Pak Rs 150) one way. (x2)

Erm.. What type of taxi is this? If you live near the holy shrine of Hadhrat Masuma(a.s), which is the main part of Qom, then it's way different.

It's like 4,000 or 5,000 toman.

Brother, go to the graveyard of Beheshte-Masuma, you have alot of religous scholars and martyrs of Iran-Iraq war there. There also some Imam Zadehs there, like Imam Jaffer Sadiq (a.s) grandons.

There is the ShaAbdul Azim in Tehran, however don't go at peak times. Tehran has a very heavy traffic system, so you have to be cute in your timing preparation.

I wish you have a uplifting journey, and please remember us all in your prayers. We have all one need, and thats the re-appearance of our 12th Imam (ATFJ).

Eltemase Doa.

(salam)

Erm.. What type of taxi is this? If you live near the holy shrine of Hadhrat Masuma(a.s), which is the main part of Qom, then it's way different.

It's like 4,000 or 5,000 toman.

(bismillah)

I was talking about regular street taxi.

Jamkaran Mosque is at the outskirts of Qom, only a few km away from the Holy Haram.

AOA. Ya Ali madad,

i am very glad to tell that i got a lot of information from this thread subject to travelling in iran, me and my father are visting iran this month for ziarat, please tell me any point if it is left in this discussion so that we could avoid any mishap as my father is a patient and it would be problem for me to handle him in case of any issue. this is our first trip to ziarat, we are aimed to have one more visit towards iraq after getting shifa from maula imam raza a.s. please remember us in prays, i shall for sure remember all of you in our prayers.

regards,

qambar rizvi