Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Are Taweez Haram?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I just read it online somewhere in some old discussion forum that wearing any kinds of amulets, talisman, charms is haraam and SHIRK.

The reason I read in that discussion forum about it being haraam and shirk is that when someone's wearing a taweez and something terrible happens to him, an accident or anything bad, then he thinks 'No, this thing doesn't work. If it did, I wouldn't have been in this accident in the first place.' somehow they start relying on the taweez for their protection where they should actually rely on Allah for the protection and eventually start doubting Quran and Allah's powers and they end up believing that Quran is ineffective in healing or protecting us (Nauzubillah)

And there's this thing I came across about taweez (it actually proves how taweez works and how it is not haraam) Please visit this page : Taweez-talisman

I know you shouldn't believe everything you hear or read because the sources are not always reliable. And so I don't believe taweez are haraam and I can never believe it because, well, taweez are made from Quran.

What do you think?

Edited by Not_a_Stepford_wife

I just read it online somewhere in some old discussion forum that wearing any kinds of amulets, talisman, charms is haraam and SHIRK.

The reason I read in that discussion forum about it being haraam and shirk is that when someone's wearing a taweez and something terrible happens to him, an accident or anything bad, then he thinks 'No, this thing doesn't work. If it did, I wouldn't have been in this accident in the first place.' somehow they start relying on the taweez for their protection where they should actually rely on Allah for the protection and eventually start doubting Quran and Allah's powers and they end up believing that Quran is ineffective in healing or protecting us (Nauzubillah)

And there's this thing I came across about taweez (it actually proves how taweez works and how it is not haraam) Please visit this page : Taweez-talisman

I know you shouldn't believe everything you hear or read because the sources are not always reliable. And so I don't believe taweez are haraam and I can never believe it because, well, taweez are made from Quran.

What do you think?

when i was younger i was brainwashed by a sunni/wahabbi website that tawiz is shirk .... being as naiive as i was ... i believed this ... until i came to understand the aqeedah of ahlil bayt (as) .... i was ignorant of my own shia faith .... and because of that, the power of the wahabbi nonsence so called "knowledge" got to me .....

now that im 17, and al7amdulillah, have alot of knowledge from Quran interpretation and Ahlul Bayt (as) ......... i can officialy say you can ignore the nonsense these people put forth, because theyre baseless and easily refuted ..... stick to the school of thought of Ahlul Bayt as ......

tawiz are fine, halal and very beneficial ..

w salam

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ إِسْمَاعِيلَ عَنِ الْفَضْلِ بْنِ شَاذَانَ عَنْ صَفْوَانَ بْنِ يَحْيَى عَنْ مَنْصُورِ بْنِ حَازِمٍ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع قَالَ سَأَلْتُهُ عَنِ التَّعْوِيذِ يُعَلَّقُ عَلَى الْحَائِضِ فَقَالَ نَعَمْ إِذَا كَانَ فِي جِلْدٍ أَوْ فِضَّةٍ أَوْ قَصَبَةِ حَدِيدٍ

He asked (Imaam Ja'afar As-Saadiq ): Can a menstruating woman (wear) a Al-Ta`weedh (amulet) that hangs? Yes, there is no problem. If it is you cover it in leather, silver, or metal"

• Sources:
  • Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 3, pg. 106, under the chapter "Women who are Al-Haa'id and Al-Nifaas Reading the Qur'aan", hadith #4
  • Al-Aamili, Wasaa'il Al-Shee'ah, vol. 2, pg. 342, hadeeth # 2315
  • Al-Aamili, Wasaa'il Al-Shee'ah, vol. 3, pg. 511, hadeeth # 4318
  • Al-Majlisi, Bihaar Al-Anwaar, vol. 63, pg. 537, hadeeth # 37
    Grading:
  • Al-Majlisi said "Majhool Kal-SaHeeH"
    --> Mir'aat Al-'Uqool, vol. 13, pg. 251
  • Al Bahboodee said "SaHeeH"
    --> SaHeeH Al-Kaafi, vol. 1, pg. 222

[5] عَلِيُّ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي عُمَيْرٍ عَنْ دَاوُدَ بْنِ فَرْقَدٍ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع قَالَ سَأَلْتُهُ عَنِ التَّعْوِيذِ يُعَلَّقُ عَلَى الْحَائِضِ قَالَ نَعَمْ لَا بَأْسَ قَالَ وَ قَالَ تَقْرَؤُهُ وَ تَكْتُبُهُ وَ لَا تُصِيبُهُ يَدُهَا

وَ رُوِيَ أَنَّهَا لَا تَكْتُبُ الْقُرْآن

I asked Abee `Abd Allaah (as): Can a menstruating women (wear) Al-Ta`weedh that hangs? He (as) said: Yes, there is no problem. He (as) said: She can read and write, but not touch it with her hands.

And it is narrated that she cannot write the Qur'aan.

• Sources:
  • Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 3, pg. 106, under the chapter "Women who are Al-Haa'id and Al-Nifaas Reading the Qur'aan", hadith #5
  • Al-Aamili, Wasaa'il Al-Shee'ah, vol. 2, pg. 342, Chapter # 37, hadeeth # 2313
  • Al-Aamili, Wasaa'il Al-Shee'ah, vol. 2, pg. 342, Chapter # 37, hadeeth # 2314
    Grading:
  • Al-Majlisi said "Hasan And the last part mursal"
    --> Mir'aat Al-'Uqool, vol. 13, pg. 251
  • Al Bahboodee said "SaHeeH"
    --> SaHeeH Al-Kaafi, vol. 1, pg. 222

^^ The part he is saying that is mursal is وَ رُوِيَ أَنَّهَا لَا تَكْتُبُ الْقُرْآن ^^

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri

• 4 months later...
  • Basic Members

Taweez is not Haram and Taweez is for protection example wearing Taweez with the name of Allah, or Taweez Qur'an words or Taweez Qur'an Surha or with Muhammad SAWW name and his family as well (Ahl al-Bayt)

dua%2B%2526%2Btaweezl1.jpg

Good Websites easily can get information about all topics and If any topic about islam is not there then please comment, email or inform thanks and waiting for your soonest reply

http://ziyarat-e-hussain.blogspot.com/

http://duabooks.blogspot.com/

http://molaalimadad.blogspot.com/

http://mojiza-mojza-mojeza.blogspot.com/

Please, visit their website and put your nice comments, thanks for sharing infomation about Taweez.

Ziyarat e Ashura

http://www.youtube.com/user/ziyarat1000

@[twitter]Ziyarat' class="bbc_url">@Ziyarat' class="bbc_url">@[twitter]Ziyarat