Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Dead-Man

Prophet (pbuh) Appointed Ali?

Rate this topic

Sallam Alleikom

Something i found Interesting, when Shia's Bring forward Proof from Sunni Sources and Quranic verses to prove Ali (as) appointment to be Successor of the Prophet (pbuh) are most likely rejected by Sunni's or ... a Game of Words .. like They transulated the Word Mawla "In Ghadeer Khum" as Friend after the Prophet (pbuh) Gathered thousands of companions only to declare Ali (as) as his friend

and also even more evidence that imam Ali (as) was indeed Appointed by the Prophet (pbuh) through this Sahih Hadith

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 51, Number 4:

Narrated Al-Aswad:

In the presence of 'Aisha some people mentioned that the Prophet had appointed 'Ali by will as his successor. 'Aisha said, "When did he appoint him by will? Verily when he died he was resting against my chest (or said: in my lap) and he asked for a wash-basin and then collapsed while in that state, and I could not even perceive that he had died, so when did he appoint him by will?"

Comment:

who am i supposed to Believe in this Case. Aisha who denied the Claim of the Appointment of Ali (as) .. or Companions who mentioned that The Prophet (pbuh) have appointed a Successor? either way .. Either Aisha was Lieing or Some companions were lieing In my opinion ..

Sallam Alleikom

Something i found Interesting, when Shia's Bring forward Proof from Sunni Sources and Quranic verses to prove Ali (as) appointment to be Successor of the Prophet (pbuh) are most likely rejected by Sunni's or ... a Game of Words .. like They transulated the Word Mawla "In Ghadeer Khum" as Friend after the Prophet (pbuh) Gathered thousands of companions only to declare Ali (as) as his friend

and also even more evidence that imam Ali (as) was indeed Appointed by the Prophet (pbuh) through this Sahih Hadith

Narrated Al-Aswad:

In the presence of 'Aisha some people mentioned that the Prophet had appointed 'Ali by will as his successor. 'Aisha said, "When did he appoint him by will? Verily when he died he was resting against my chest (or said: in my lap) and he asked for a wash-basin and then collapsed while in that state, and I could not even perceive that he had died, so when did he appoint him by will?"

Comment:

who am i supposed to Believe in this Case. Aisha who denied the Claim of the Appointment of Ali (as) .. or Companions who mentioned that The Prophet (pbuh) have appointed a Successor? either way .. Either Aisha was Lieing or Some companions were lieing In my opinion ..

Walaikum Salam,

Umm... never heard of this before.

Who are these "Some People"? Uknown

Our Mother Aisha (ra) just rejected this claim because the Prophet (SAW) didn't appoint anyone.

Thanks,

Edited by AbuMuslimKhorasani

Aisha? You couldn't think of a better person to find?

And ^above

You state a bold statement. I've got various hadith stating he DID appoint a successor. Where is your proof?

And just a question; Why, oh God, WHY would the Prophet (pbuh) NOT appoint a Successor? Did he WANT the Islamic Ummah to be demolished and lead astray?

Furthermore; By any chance, do you say that so Abu Bakr looks more innocent? Cause it seems that way.

Aisha? You couldn't think of a better person to find?

And ^above

You state a bold statement. I've got various hadith stating he DID appoint a successor. Where is your proof?

And just a question; Why, oh God, WHY would the Prophet (pbuh) NOT appoint a Successor? Did he WANT the Islamic Ummah to be demolished and lead astray?

Furthermore; By any chance, do you say that so Abu Bakr looks more innocent? Cause it seems that way.

Asalam Alaikum,

The Prophet (SAW) trusted his Ummah and he knew his Ummah is the best generation and they can appoint the best person as a leader.

As long as we have the Quran and the Sunnah, we can not be demolished or go astray.

was the Islamic Ummah demloshed? NO. they became stronger & stronger until the Islamic Ummah became the strongest nation in the earth. The world of Allah and the Prophet (SAW) spread rapidly and millions & millions embraced Islam and great lands came under Islam all under the leadership of those people who were appointed by the students of Muhammad (SAW).

the Ummah went astray? NO. They didnt went astray, they followed and had the best sources of guidance the Quran (as Allah says "Quran is the Imam") and the Sunnah of the Prophet (SAW). What else is needed?

Thanks,

look honestly, even if you don't think much of the shi'a, it is so obvious that rasulullah (saww) appointed Imam Ali (as) successor on many occasions, now that does in no way what so ever mean that you have to accept shi'a as muslims or anything like that, or that you should respect the first 3 khalifas any less, but it is just an obvious fact. as you said, it all turned out well and everything, so it doesn't make any difference now.

Edited by ShahHussain

Asalam Alaikum,

The Prophet (SAW) trusted his Ummah and he knew his Ummah is the best generation and they can appoint the best person as a leader.

As long as we have the Quran and the Sunnah, we can not be demolished or go astray.

was the Islamic Ummah demloshed? NO. they became stronger & stronger until the Islamic Ummah became the strongest nation in the earth. The world of Allah and the Prophet (SAW) spread rapidly and millions & millions embraced Islam and great lands came under Islam all under the leadership of those people who were appointed by the students of Muhammad (SAW).

Yes, it was demolished. GREATLY. So many sects, so many people claiming to be "The Right Islam", so many violence. Look at how people view Muslims now... Terrorists! And Islam would've ceased to exist if it wasn't for Imam Hussain's (as) Martyrdom. God knows what we would be right now, if it wasn't for him.

the Ummah went astray? NO. They didnt went astray, they followed and had the best sources of guidance the Quran (as Allah says "Quran is the Imam") and the Sunnah of the Prophet (SAW). What else is needed?

It wasn't? So all these multiple sects are right. And the vast amount of Islamic Fitnas and Civil Wars.. they just came out of the blue? When Precious Aisha attacked Imam Ali (as), she was doing it in the under the guidance of the Quran? And Muawiya martyring Imam Hasan (as) is the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh)? I'm sorry, is 1300 years of Islamic Monarchy part of Sharia Law? Did the Prophet tell us to Oppress His Family, as if they mean nothing? And to think, all this wouldn't have happened if someone decided not to disobey the Prophet and become the first Caliph.

Thanks,

Asalam Alaikum,

Thanks,

The same Ummah that let the Prophet's saw family be killed by its leaders? The same Ummah that spent years on political infighting?

Also, define 'best'. Was Yazeed more knowledgable and better to lead the ummah then say Imam Hussain or even ibn Zubayr or ibn Umar?

Asalam Alaikum,

Thanks,

Sallam Alleikom

Appreciate your Reply

as to the Prophet (pbuh) trusted the Ummah, and left it for them to choose the Successor which in my opinion i find a problem Since i havn't read or noticed in the Quran any Successor of a Prophet Being Chosen by people .. as you know.. According to the Shia and i think Some Sunni's do beleive the Prophet (pbuh) is infallible .. thus would leave what he brought the Message of Islam in Danger Since people make mistakes .. when we see the First Caliph Abu Bakr made decision that are questionable "the Issue of Fadak" for instance and then Fatima (as) Stopped talking to him till she died.

but Abu Bakr is not the Issue.. its the Choosing of the Successor.. as you said the Prophet (pbuh) trusted his ummah to choose.. but wouldn't it be Contradictional to the Quran when Allah SWT says

28:69 Thy Lord does create and choose as He pleases: no choice have they (in the matter): Glory to Allah! and far is He above the partners they ascribe (to Him)!

In here we see mankind CANNOT choose .. only Allah SWT Creates and Chooses

Allah swt Further states

2:30 Behold thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said "Wilt thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood? Whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not." (30)

When you read it in Arabic "i will create a vicegerent on earth" it is Caliph اني جاعل في الأرض خليفه .. so Allah Chooses & creates the Caliph and Puts him on earth ..

so In conclusion it is logical That only Allah SWT Chooses the Successors/Caliphs of the Prophets

Even more verses in the Quran, only Allah SWT chooses the leaders

2:247 Their Prophet said to them: "Allah hath appointed Talut as king over you." They say: "How can he exercise authority, over us when we are better fitted than he to exercise authority and he is not even gifted, with wealth in abundance?" He said: "Allah hath chosen him above you, and hath gifted him abundantly with knowledge and bodily prowess; Allah granteth His authority to whom he pleaseth. Allah is All-Embracing, and He knoweth all things."

Allah SWT has chosen TALUT because He SWT hath gifted him abundantly with knowledge and bodily prowess" Same thing as the Shia Believe about Imam Ali (as)

And Lastly the Relation of Mosses & Aaron (as) as most shia's bring the Hadith to show the relation of the Prophet (pbuh) and Imam Ali (as) in what way? .. the Quran Answers

20:25 (Moses) said: "O my Lord! Expand me my breast;" (25) "Ease my task for me; (26) "And remove the impediment from my speech. (27) "So they may understand what I say: (28) "And give me a Minister from my family, (29) "Aaron, my brother; (30)

So we see Mosses Didn't Choose a Minister or Leader and Since Prophet Mosses (as) wanted a Minister or leader and that He recommended Aaron his brother

And Allah SWT Answers

20:36 (Allah) said: "Granted is thy prayer, O Moses!" (36)

Conclusion of all what i was Saying that only Allah SWT Chooses the Successors, Ministers, Leaders..

Edited by Dead-Man

Jay

Yes, it was demolished. GREATLY. So many sects, so many people claiming to be "The Right Islam", so many violence. Look at how people view Muslims now... Terrorists! And Islam would've ceased to exist if it wasn't for Imam Hussain's (as) Martyrdom. God knows what we would be right now, if it wasn't for him.

It wasn't? So all these multiple sects are right. And the vast amount of Islamic Fitnas and Civil Wars.. they just came out of the blue? When Precious Aisha attacked Imam Ali (as), she was doing it in the under the guidance of the Quran? And Muawiya martyring Imam Hasan (as) is the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh)? I'm sorry, is 1300 years of Islamic Monarchy part of Sharia Law? Did the Prophet tell us to Oppress His Family, as if they mean nothing? And to think, all this wouldn't have happened if someone decided not to disobey the Prophet and become the first Caliph.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Asalam Alaikum

How was it demolished ? The Islamic Ummah became so strong that two might super powers of the time were crashed and brought to Islam. There were no sects during the time of first three Khulafa Al-Rashideen and for the first time sects appeared in the time of Amir Al-muminin Ali (ra). They were shias, and Khawarij and then other other sects appeared. In the 3rd century after hijra the number of shia sects reached 200. The Quran codemns sects.

The shia despite being the minority was divided into 200 sects in the third century, who knows how many are now?

How people view Muslims today? It is because of the propaganda machines operating.

Thanks,

The same Ummah that let the Prophet's saw family be killed by its leaders? The same Ummah that spent years on political infighting?

Also, define 'best'. Was Yazeed more knowledgable and better to lead the ummah then say Imam Hussain or even ibn Zubayr or ibn Umar?

Asalam Alaikum,

Islam didn't come 10 years ago, it came 1400 years ago. and it is impossible that problems don't occur.

Why are you asking me to compare Imam Hussain (ra) and Yazeed?

Don't you know the answer?

Thanks,

Sallam Alleikom

....2:247 Their Prophet said to them: "Allah hath appointed Talut as king over you." They say: "How can he exercise authority, over us when we are better fitted than he to exercise authority and he is not even gifted, with wealth in abundance?" He said: "Allah hath chosen him above you, and hath gifted him abundantly with knowledge and bodily prowess; Allah granteth His authority to whom he pleaseth. Allah is All-Embracing, and He knoweth all things."

Allah SWT has chosen TALUT because He SWT hath gifted him abundantly with knowledge and bodily prowess" Same thing as the Shia Believe about Imam Ali (as)

Conclusion of all what i was Saying that only Allah SWT Chooses the Successors, Ministers, Leaders..

Walaikum Salam,

Abubakr Al-Siddiq (ra) became the leader of Muslims with the will of Allah.

ok Allah says in the Quran that he"has chosen Talut king over people". Where is such a verse about Ali (ra) ? Where Allah (SWT) says I have appointed Ali or the 12 Imams over people ?

Except first 2 Imams (ra) , which of the Imams ruled the Muslims and which of them were kings?

Thanks,

When it was the best Ummah to choose and decide, why did Abubakr not leave it to the Ummah to choose but instead chose Umar and Umar chose Uthman and Mawiya chose Yezid (LAs)

so according to you it means it was Sunnah of Prophet to leave it to the Ummah to choose, then why did Abubakr, Umar, Mawiya not follow this Sunnah of Prophet (pbuh)?

Asalam Alaikum,

All the Khulafa Al-Rashideen were chosen by the people. Abubakr (ra) just favored Umar (ra) and left it for the Companions (ra) to decide.

Mauyiah (ra) was made the leader by Imam Hassan (ra).

Thanks,

Asalam Alaikum,

All the Khulafa Al-Rashideen were chosen by the people. Abubakr (ra) just favored Umar (ra) and left it for the Companions (ra) to decide.

Thanks,

Honestly, I have never met a man more ignorant than you. This is just ridiculous! You reject EVERYTHING people say, unless it supports Sunnism. Bro, grow up! Sunnism is full of fault! You can't base your life out of a religion of fault! If you continue putting (ra) after people like Muawiya, I swear, you won't find ANY truth in this world, and you will remain trapped in Shaitan's Trap.

Asalam Alaikum,

Thanks,

If you just could read history and come to know how many of your (ra) killed (ra) then you will stop making false assumptions and delusions.

The number of Muslims killed at the hands of Muslims in the period of Khulafa Rashudeen is more than Muslims killed at the hands of nonmuslims during the wars declared on Prophet (pbuh).

Also Prophet (pubh and Imam Ali (as) fought in defense and all your other Caliphs fought wars in offence.

Edited by zakzaki

Honestly, I have never met a man more ignorant than you. This is just ridiculous! You reject EVERYTHING people say, unless it supports Sunnism. Bro, grow up! Sunnism is full of fault! You can't base your life out of a religion of fault! If you continue putting (ra) after people like Muawiya, I swear, you won't find ANY truth in this world, and you will remain trapped in Shaitan's Trap.

Asalam Alaikum,

:D is Sunnism full of faults or is 9/10 of shiism is made of Taqiya lies?

i had a feeling that this is how itts gonna end

it makes me wonder in amazement about why salafis are not interested in listening to others ? lets say other sunni sects , lets say some other salafies who are not hard liners ?

why they insist on asking if they have no interest even in knowing what the others think or what the others based their faith on , no one is trying to convert anyone , simply listen to me

these sort of discussions are simply sad , if i have no credibility to you , why you bother and ask? kind of fun and entertainment ? time wasting ?

the sadist thing is that they defend criminals in the name of our prophet's companionship

(salam)

Comment:

Ayesha fought Imam Ali(As) in a war. What did the Holy Prophet (pbuh) said about people who fight Ali(as)

Is it not obvious to you who to believe?

Asalam Alaikum,

Islam didn't come 10 years ago, it came 1400 years ago. and it is impossible that problems don't occur.

Why are you asking me to compare Imam Hussain (ra) and Yazeed?

Don't you know the answer?

Thanks,

Walaikum Salam,

But these issues are a fact of history unfortunately.

With regards to Yazeed, it's a prime example of the Ummah not being able to select the best to lead them. This then goes against what you said earlier.

But I've no more to say anyway.

(salam)

Sallam Alleikom

Narrated Al-Aswad:

Comment:

Narrated Al-Aswad:

This proves that some people of the time thought that Imam Ali (as) had been appointed the sucessor by the Prophet (pbuh), but that certain individuals conspired to prevent it.

they followed and had the best sources of guidance the Quran (as Allah says "Quran is the Imam") and the Sunnah of the Prophet (SAW). What else is needed?

Except they didn't. Abu Bakr and Umar and Uthman never invoked the Qur'an or the sunnah in their "election" for caliphate. :unsure:

(salam),

Yeah, about that... how exactly did the Ummah get 'stronger and stronger', right after the Prophet (pbuh), mind recalling that?

The first three Caliphs invaded dynasties like Persia and Egypt. You can't deny the fact that all three of them followed and stuck to an imperialist policy, which the Prophet (pbuh) never himself followed or instructed them to follow. What the Prophet (pbuh) really did to spread Islam was to send invitations to Islam (and may have followed those by 'peaceful' [key word here] debates) to the rulers of others countries, and not just barge in, give them the two choices of embracing Islam or getting killed/become 'non-Muslims' in 'Muslim' territories.

Sure, the 'peaceful' way may be slow. But it definitely is efficient, unlike what the three Caliphs interpreted of 'spreading Islam' which was making scores of people recite the testimony by their tongues and doing nothing to make sure they understood and believed in it.

You really believe that the imperialist and terrorist image Muslims have today are only to be accredited to those anti-Muslim agencies (mind you, a bunch of idiots lying and fabricating things and putting them on YouTube has very little potential to make people think wrongly of such a great religion)? Do you really have a hard time trying to figure out how the 'Ummah' was stuffed with so many people professing to be Muslims but having Kafir hearts (key example would be 'hypocrite' Jews during Uthman's Caliphate), and how did the pure, peaceful and great religion like Islam turned out to be one with the worst image of them all? Think about it. Invading countries without any provocation and making it's inhabitants accept your rule is not what Islam teaches, and sadly this is what the three Caliphs did.

wa (salam)

Edited by Basim Ali

^Look at Islam now. So many Muslims and yet no real power anymore and most are in a state of denial about the problems that are destroying them. The world has passed you by like it passed the Romans by. That is the fruit of them making the Ummah consider worldly power to be a vindication of their belief, By oversimplifiying Islam and stripping it of philosophy and spirituality, turning it into a simple tool of spreading Arab colonialism, turning it into something it was not, they made religion itself a a slave to empires and kings. By that logic, Genghis Khan's horde would be the best group of people ever born.

^Look at Islam now. So many Muslims and yet no real power anymore and most are in a state of denial about the problems that are destroying them. The world has passed you by like it passed the Romans by. That is the fruit of them making the Ummah consider worldly power to be a vindication of their belief, By oversimplifiying Islam and stripping it of philosophy and spirituality, turning it into a simple tool of spreading Arab colonialism, turning it into something it was not, they made religion itself a a slave to empires and kings. By that logic, Genghis Khan's horde would be the best group of people ever born.

Asalam Alaikum,

The reason we Muslims are weak today is Because today we don't have the likes of Abobakr Al-Siddiq, Umar, Uthman, Ali (ra) etc.

(salam),

Yeah, about that... how exactly did the Ummah get 'stronger and stronger', right after the Prophet (pbuh), mind recalling that?

The first three Caliphs invaded dynasties like Persia and Egypt. You can't deny the fact that all three of them followed and stuck to an imperialist policy, which the Prophet (pbuh) never himself followed or instructed them to follow. What the Prophet (pbuh) really did to spread Islam was to send invitations to Islam (and may have followed those by 'peaceful' [key word here] debates) to the rulers of others countries, and not just barge in, give them the two choices of embracing Islam or getting killed/become 'non-Muslims' in 'Muslim' territories.

Sure, the 'peaceful' way may be slow. But it definitely is efficient, unlike what the three Caliphs interpreted of 'spreading Islam' which was making scores of people recite the testimony by their tongues and doing nothing to make sure they understood and believed in it.

You really believe that the imperialist and terrorist image Muslims have today are only to be accredited to those anti-Muslim agencies (mind you, a bunch of idiots lying and fabricating things and putting them on YouTube has very little potential to make people think wrongly of such a great religion)? Do you really have a hard time trying to figure out how the 'Ummah' was stuffed with so many people professing to be Muslims but having Kafir hearts (key example would be 'hypocrite' Jews during Uthman's Caliphate), and how did the pure, peaceful and great religion like Islam turned out to be one with the worst image of them all? Think about it. Invading countries without any provocation and making it's inhabitants accept your rule is not what Islam teaches, and sadly this is what the three Caliphs did.

wa (salam)

In the the book 'top 100 most influential people in the history of Mankind', the author of the Book placed Umar ibn Al-Khatab (ra) at No. 52 in that list of Top 100. Although I don't agree with the author because he should have put Umar ibn Alkhatab (ra) at No. 3 . [Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is placed at No.1 on top of all].

Oh dear. Yet the golden age you speak of is mainly the Ummayad and Abbasids imperial ages. No righteous Khalifas there. Yet muslims were real supremacists at that time, confident that they would rule the world.

And let us see what happened at Usman's time. The people rebelled against his nepotism. And what happened in Ali's (as) time? The tribe of Usman who had enjoyed great priveledge during his reign turned traitor and attacked Ali (as) & the Muslim state. No Khurasani, the rot itself started in that time which you idealize.

(bismillah)

(salam)

and the biggest proof of that rot in the muslim ummah is karbala

when the muslims so brutally killed the grandson of the holy prophet (pbuh)

who is also the leader of the youths of paradise

(wasalam)

Asalam Alaikum,

The reason we Muslims are weak today is Because today we don't have the likes of Abobakr Al-Siddiq, Umar, Uthman, Ali (ra) etc.

the likes and the Sunnah of Umar or Abubakr?

Umar for watching other people's wives

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 148:

Narrated 'Aisha:

The wives of the Prophet used to go to Al-Manasi, a vast open place (near Baqia at Medina) to answer the call of nature at night. 'Umar used to say to the Prophet "Let your wives be veiled," but Allah's Apostle did not do so. One night Sauda bint Zam'a the wife of the Prophet went out at 'Isha' time and she was a tall lady. 'Umar addressed her and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda." He said so, as he desired eagerly that the verses of Al-Hijab (the observing of veils by the Muslim women) may be revealed. So Allah revealed the verses of "Al-Hijab" (A complete body cover excluding the eyes).

and Abu Bakr for having a rapist and murderer as his chief of army, Khalid bin Walid (LA).

Edited by zakzaki