Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
present4u

Tavsirkani

Rate this topic

ibn hajar mentioned that there's a hadith with clean sanad about abu bakr drinking alcohol so ibn hajar testified that the sanad of this hadith is clean and this hadith was narrated by ibn mardawaih (but we haven't got access to this book). but ibn hajar tried to assume that maybe it's not abu bakr (the first khalifat) but it's an other abu bakr but then he noticed that the mentioning of this abu bakr with omar ibn khattab means this guy is indeed abu bakr (siddiq as he call him )

About ummar

Sunan Abu Daud Book 26, Number 3707:

"I knew that the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to keep fast. I waited for the day when he did not fast to present him the drink (nabidh), which I made in a pumpkin. I then brought it to him while it fermented. He said: Throw it to this wall, for this is a drink of the one who does not believe in Allah and the Last Day"."

Ahl'ul Sunnah's classical work Riyadh al Nadira Volume 2 page 351:

"Whilst on his deathbed, Umar became deeply affected by the wound and his physician asked Umar 'Which alcohol would you like to drink?' Umar said 'alcohol called nabidh is my preferred choice. This drink was then administered to Umar".

The forbidding of alcohol according to Qur'an came in three steps. The second step came with the following verse:

"O you who believe! do not go near prayer when you are Intoxicated until you know (well) what you say, nor when you are under an obligation to perform a bath -- unless (you are) travelling on the road -- until you have washed yourselves; and if you are sick, or on a journey, or one of you come from the privy or you have touched the women, and you cannot find water, betake yourselves to pure earth, then wipe your faces and your hands; surely Allah is Pardoning, Forgiving."

This was apparently very hard for Umar bin Khatab and he ignored it and drank thoroughly, then he proceeded to beat up Abd-ur-Rehman bin 'Auf with a camel's bone so much that he was seriously injured. After that Umar said a poem for those murdered at the battle of Badr in the following words:

"O fie! The wells of Badr carry so many bodies of the Arabian youth. This son of Kabshah (Astaghfirullah!) scares us with Resurrection and Judgement! How can burnt bodies and brains scattered over dust be possibly re-animated to life?! How can God resurrect our ancient bones from our graves?! When He cannot belay our deaths then how can He resurrect us of Judgement day? O hear ye?! Tell God that I quit Fasting! If He is able to, let Him stop me as I eat and hold back the food from me!!"

Note: Abu Kabshah was a known pre-Islamic figure who did not agree with Quresh's way of worshipping idols. Because Prophet Muhammad opposed Quresh and Paganism, that's why without thought and while being intoxicated, Umar bin Khatab committed a serious blasphemy by calling him "son of Kabshah" (astaghfirullah).

(Source: Anwaar ul-Lughat, chapter 2, page 9)

Umar's blasphemy and acts of disbelief reached the Prophet of Islam and it stirred fury in him and our dear Prophet Muhammad came outside in such a hurry that his losely worn cloak was being dragged upon the ground behind him. He found Umar and beat him up so bad that the intoxication left Umar and he came into his senses and started screaming: "I seek safety from the wrath of Allah and His messenger!"

Then the following verse was revealed:

"The Shaitan only desires to cause enmity and hatred to spring in your midst by means of intoxicants and games of chance, and to keep you off from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer. Will you then desist?"

(Sources: Mustatraf vol. 2 page 218)

After this event Umar's love for wine and intoxication found an alternate beverage called "nabeez". Allamah Shibli admits that people started drinking nabeez the use of which usually had the endrosement and approval of the religious leaders of Iraq. (Source: Al-Mamoon page 222)

So Umar kept using nabeez till his very end. So when he was struck down and wounded by Abu Lu'lu mortaly and the doctor asked the wounded Umar about his choice of beverage so it may be served to him. He replied: "Nabeez". Therefore nabeez was given to him but it left his body through the mortal wounds. (Source: Riyadh al-Tatrah)

Keep in mind that the Prophet of Islam when asked about the beverage called "nabeez" said the following: "Very soon after me, certain people will rule over the muslims who by using the excuse of nabeez will make the forbidden wine halal, and by the excuse of sadqah will make illegal wealth halal, and by the excuse of gifts and presents they will make the forbidden bribery halal, and by the excuse of spreading Islamic advice they will make murder halal." (Source: Durr Al-Manshoor, volume 6, page 284)

Hadhrath Umar's love of 'Nabidh' alcohol

Nabidh is a drink that is prepared by fermenting crushed dates / grapes. It was Hadhrath Umar's favourite alcoholic drink.

We read in Muwatta of Imam Malik, Book 45, Number 45.6.21, Chapter Madina:

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said from Abd ar-Rahman ibn al-Qasim that Aslam, the mawla of Umar ibn al-Khattab informed him that he had visited Abdullah ibn Ayyash al-Makhzumi. He saw that he had some nabidh with him and he was at that moment on the way to Makka. Aslam said to him, ''Umar ibn al-Khattab loves this drink." Abdullah ibn Ayyash therefore carried a great drinking bowl and brought it to Umar ibn al-Khattab and placed it before him. Umar brought it near to him and then raised his head. Umar said, "This drink is good," so he drank some of it and then passed it to a man on his right".

Umar drank Nabidh alcohol on his deathbed

We are quoting from Ahl'ul Sunnah's classical work Riyadh al Nadira Volume 2 page 351:

"Whilst on his deathbed, Umar became deeply affected by the wound and his physician asked Umar 'Which alcohol would you like to drink?' Umar said 'alcohol called nabidh is my preferred choice. This drink was then administered to Umar".

Riyadh al Nadira Volume 2 page 351

There is no way that Ahl'ul Sunnah can claim that 'Nabidh' does not constitute alcohol, since Rasulullah (s) had specifically referred to this as haraam. We read in Sunan Abu Daud Book 26, Number 3707:

"Narrated Abu Hurayrah:

I knew that the Apostle of Allah (saww) used to keep fast. I waited for the day when he did not fast to present him the drink (nabidh), which I made in a pumpkin. I then brought it to him while it fermented. He said: Throw it to this wall, for this is a drink of the one who does not believe in Allah and the Last Day".

Our opponents should examine the text that says clearly that Umar had requested "Nabidh". It is unfortunate that even on his deathbed the second Khalifa's thoughts were on drinking alcohol. Umar's alcoholic way, even until his deathbed

There is alcoholic and non-alcoholic nadbidh...do your homework kiddy before jumping the gun to defame the a'imma of the Muslims.

"Nabidh" in Arabic is an alcoholic drink. I believe

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nabidh is a drink traditionally made from fruits such as raisins/grapes or dates. Nabidh may be non intoxicating, mildy intoxicating, or possibly heavily intoxicating depending on the level of fermentation.

Narrated Abu Hurayrah:

I knew that the Apostle of Allah used to keep fast. I waited for the day when he did not fast to present him the drink (nabidh) which I made in a pumpkin. I then brought it to him while it fermented. He said: Throw it to this wall, for this is a drink of the one who does not believe in Allah and the Last Day. [1]

Rufus of Ephesus (fl. 100 A.D.) wrote a tract on beverage Nabîdh of which Qusta ibn Luqa in his times translated into Arabic by the name Rislah fī al Nabidh[2]. In 2007, Hakim Syed Zillur Rahman after collation of this manuscript copies from different libraries of the world, again reintroduced and published this rare work with several variations from Ibn Sina Academy of Medieval Medicine and Sciences into Urdu and Arabic[3].

Arab writer Ibn Fadlan states that it was drunk by the Vikings [4]. It was brewed for ten days, nabidh was probably alcohol-based and may have included henbane, cannabis, and/or opium [4]. Fadlan also described the drink being given to a female slave who was sacrificed, by strangulation and stabbing, during a ship burial ceremony [4].

[edit] References

1. ^ Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 26, Number 3707

2. ^ Rîsâlah fī al Nabidh of Qustâ bin Lûqâ, Introduced by Hakim Syed Zillur Rahman, Supplement to 'Studies in the History of Medicine and Science' (SHMS), Jamia Hamdard, Vol. IX (1985), pp.185-201

3. ^ Rislah fī al Nabidh, (Arabic translation of Qusta ibn Luqa by Rufus. Edited with translation and commentary by Hakim Syed Zillur Rahman, Ibn Sina Academy of Medieval Medicine and Sciences, Aligarh, 2007 (ISBN 978-81-901362-7-3)

4. ^ a b c Taylor, Timothy. The Buried Soul, Beacon Press, 2002, p.175-176

There is alcoholic and non-alcoholic nadbidh...do your homework kiddy before jumping the gun to defame the a'imma of the Muslims.

Who died and made Umar an "Imam"?

Yet Mohammad drank alcohol and performed ablutions with it.

Mohammad drank wine.

Sahih Muslim: "Drinks, Drinking wine and fermentation"

Narrated by Gaber bin Abdullah:

We were with the messenger of Allah, PBUH and he asked for a drink. One of his men said: "Oh Messenger of Allah, Can we offer you wine to drink?" He said Yes. He (Gaber) went out looking for the drink and came back with a cup of wine. The messenger (Peace Be Upon him) asked, “Have you covered it with a twig in a transverse manner” He (Gaber) said, “Yes” and he (Muhammad) drank.

Sahih Muslim - Hadith #3753

Ibn 'Abbas reported that Nabidh (nabidh is an alcoholic drink) was prepared for Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) in the waterskin, Shu'ba said: It was the night of Monday. He drank it on Monday and on Tuesday up to the afternoon, and If anything was left out of it he gave it to his servant or poured it out.

Sahih Muslim 23:4972

Mohammad Performed Ablution With Wine.

Narrated by Abdullah bin Masoud (May God be pleased with him):

He was with the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him on the night of the jinn when he asked him if he had water. He answered that he had wine in a pot. Mohammed said: Pour me some to do ablution and he did. [The] Prophet peace be upon him [said]: "O Abdullah bin Masood it is a drink and a purifier."

Musnad Ahmad - Hadith #3594

curse of Allah, angels and all creation be upon all liars.

Yet Mohammad drank alcohol and performed ablutions with it.

Mohammad drank wine.

Sahih Muslim: "Drinks, Drinking wine and fermentation"

Narrated by Gaber bin Abdullah:

We were with the messenger of Allah, PBUH and he asked for a drink. One of his men said: "Oh Messenger of Allah, Can we offer you wine to drink?" He said Yes. He (Gaber) went out looking for the drink and came back with a cup of wine. The messenger (Peace Be Upon him) asked, “Have you covered it with a twig in a transverse manner” He (Gaber) said, “Yes” and he (Muhammad) drank.

Sahih Muslim - Hadith #3753

Ibn 'Abbas reported that Nabidh (nabidh is an alcoholic drink) was prepared for Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) in the waterskin, Shu'ba said: It was the night of Monday. He drank it on Monday and on Tuesday up to the afternoon, and If anything was left out of it he gave it to his servant or poured it out.

Sahih Muslim 23:4972

Mohammad Performed Ablution With Wine.

Narrated by Abdullah bin Masoud (May God be pleased with him):

He was with the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him on the night of the jinn when he asked him if he had water. He answered that he had wine in a pot. Mohammed said: Pour me some to do ablution and he did. [The] Prophet peace be upon him [said]: "O Abdullah bin Masood it is a drink and a purifier."

Musnad Ahmad - Hadith #3594

curse of Allah, angels and all creation be upon all liars.

was this before or after alcohol was made haram? either way i don't get this, many christians don't ever drink because they know how bad it is, why would the perfection of creation drink?

Salwaat which hole are you hiding in Please respond to my post please I have much to ask you and annihilate you with much more hadiths

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 70:

Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah:

"Some people drank alcohol in the morning of the day (of the battle) of Uhud and were martyred (on the same day)." Sufyan was asked, "(Were they martyred) in the last part of the day?)" He replied, "Such information does not occur in the narration."

Book 023, Number 4886:

Anas b. Malik reported I was serving wine to Abu Talha, and Abu Dujana. and Mu'adh b. Jabal admidst a group of Ansar when a visitor came to us and said There is a fresh news; the (verses) concerning the prohibition of liquor have been revealed. So we spilt it on that day; and it was a mixture of dry dates and fresh dates. Anas b. Malik said: While Khamr was declared unlawful, the common liquor of theirs was then a mixture of dry dates and fresh dates.

Hadis number 4886 clearly mentions the names of some of Muhammad's companions who were habitual drinkers of wine

"Nabidh" in Arabic is an alcoholic drink. I believe

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nabidh is a drink traditionally made from fruits such as raisins/grapes or dates. Nabidh may be non intoxicating, mildy intoxicating, or possibly heavily intoxicating depending on the level of fermentation.

Narrated Abu Hurayrah:

I knew that the Apostle of Allah used to keep fast. I waited for the day when he did not fast to present him the drink (nabidh) which I made in a pumpkin. I then brought it to him while it fermented. He said: Throw it to this wall, for this is a drink of the one who does not believe in Allah and the Last Day. [1]

Rufus of Ephesus (fl. 100 A.D.) wrote a tract on beverage Nabîdh of which Qusta ibn Luqa in his times translated into Arabic by the name Rislah fī al Nabidh[2]. In 2007, Hakim Syed Zillur Rahman after collation of this manuscript copies from different libraries of the world, again reintroduced and published this rare work with several variations from Ibn Sina Academy of Medieval Medicine and Sciences into Urdu and Arabic[3].

Arab writer Ibn Fadlan states that it was drunk by the Vikings [4]. It was brewed for ten days, nabidh was probably alcohol-based and may have included henbane, cannabis, and/or opium [4]. Fadlan also described the drink being given to a female slave who was sacrificed, by strangulation and stabbing, during a ship burial ceremony [4].

[edit] References

1. ^ Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 26, Number 3707

2. ^ Rîsâlah fī al Nabidh of Qustâ bin Lûqâ, Introduced by Hakim Syed Zillur Rahman, Supplement to 'Studies in the History of Medicine and Science' (SHMS), Jamia Hamdard, Vol. IX (1985), pp.185-201

3. ^ Rislah fī al Nabidh, (Arabic translation of Qusta ibn Luqa by Rufus. Edited with translation and commentary by Hakim Syed Zillur Rahman, Ibn Sina Academy of Medieval Medicine and Sciences, Aligarh, 2007 (ISBN 978-81-901362-7-3)

4. ^ a b c Taylor, Timothy. The Buried Soul, Beacon Press, 2002, p.175-176

i have lived among wahabis and as ......different as they are i never heard anyone of them insult a member of the Prophets family. care to give an example? can u give an example of a sunni disrespecting the Prophets family

Ibn Taymiyyah insults Sayyida Fatimah (as) and all the Imams (as) after Imam `Ali ar-Rida (as), calling the latter unknowledgeable in Minahj us-Sunnah and worst things (Rafidhi) in some of his other works. You find those same things repeated by many Salafis (Wahhabis). Please mention al-Askari (as) in front of them and see them have a cow.

Wahhabis hate the grandfather of the Prophet, and his father and mother, and his uncles, and they call them all kafirs and say they are in hell.

To the OP: I've never heard of this guy, but he's listed all the enemies of Ahlul Bayt (as) so I don't have any problem with what he has said.

hmm so according to u...calling Allah in toilet while pissin [Edited Out]ting etc is ok for u :shaytan: :shaytan: :shaytan: u didn't see the big picture behind this post...we all know shias love to curse those companions but cursing them in the name of Allah in toilet...wtf

U hatered towards the companions of Muahmmad (pbuh) will take u no where but to HELL...

@AL Irshad

ibn tamimiya was a wahabi..so was abdul wahab

R U trying to b innocent or do not know the differneces b/w wahabis and sunnies...this man abdul wahab called every mainstream sunni a true Kafir :lol: :lol:

what do u expect from such men and their followers..will they praise anyone but their ancestors :huh:

Edited by umair24

Ibn Taymiyyah insults Sayyida Fatimah (as) and all the Imams (as) after Imam `Ali ar-Rida (as), calling the latter unknowledgeable in Minahj us-Sunnah and worst things (Rafidhi) in some of his other works. You find those same things repeated by many Salafis (Wahhabis). Please mention al-Askari (as) in front of them and see them have a cow.

Dont be a hypocrite, you imamis bellieve ALL 12 imams were "rafidhi", so you have no right to criticize someone for pointing out historical realities.

Dont be a hypocrite, you imamis bellieve ALL 12 imams were "rafidhi", so you have no right to criticize someone for pointing out historical realities.

Such a impassioned defense of a supremacist, ultraliteralistic, simpleminded,bloodthirsty,self-righteous bigot.

Define Rafidhi for the benefit of everyone here.

It is just a label you throw around and use self-servingly.

Such a impassioned defense of a supremacist, ultraliteralistic, simpleminded,bloodthirsty,self-righteous bigot.

Define Rafidhi for the benefit of everyone here.

It is just a label you throw around and use self-servingly.

Rafidhi: One who rejects (íÑÝÖ) Abu bakr's imamate/virtues/companionship.

Its not a slur (not originally) but description of sect.

(salam)

By definition, the word Rafidi is not insulting. But from their tone, we know they are using the word as an insult.

How about each time they call us Rafidi, we call them "Bakri" (followers of Abu Bakr)?

nothing wrong with calling sunnis bakri