Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Hijab

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Not that I know of.. it's only compulsory if you're so beautiful that you're attracting attention from non mahrams. Maybe someone can give you a more detailed answer.

really, some of our afghan sisters must have a really high opinion of them selves in the case

• Advanced Member

really, some of our afghan sisters must have a really high opinion of them selves in the case

lol well most of them wear the burka. They were forced to wear in during the talibans rule in Afghanistan and aside from that some of them are forced to wear it by their husbands. Bear in mind that most of them are Sunnis... Anyways, even in modern day Afghanistan women wear it to feel more secured as if they don't they'll receive a lot of stares from men. There was a documentary about a British raised Afghan going to Afghanistan. She never wore the hijab or anything but when she went there she realised the reason as to why women wore the burka...

Edited by Hawraa29
  • Veteran Member

:lol:

I have universally noted the more you are aged and the more you are ugly, the more you tend to do niqab. There is something more than religion working in here, methinks.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

I hope you are not trying to imply that just because a woman wears niqaab she must be arrogant in regards to her beauty.

I wear niqaab and I do not think that I'm extremely beautiful. I wear it as a symbol of modesty and as a reminder to myself that I am a Muslim woman. Wearing niqaab is a constant reminder of one's deen and actions. It helps me in remembering Allaah all the time, not just some of the time. Especially because of how I am treated by others because of my niqaab. It's a reminder and a personal jihaad.

Also - believing it to be fard is not a matter of whether you think you're gorgeous. HIjaab is fard, so does that mean whoever believes it's fard and covers must consider themselves very beautiful? No. If a woman believes it's fard and wears niqaab she is doing so because she believes it is an obligation and is obeying Allaah, not because she believes herself to be beautiful.

There have also been many threads on this topic, please read this one where you will see some ahaadeeth posted by avjar:

• Veteran Member

calm down, it was a joke, i was relpying to the sister before me who posted

Not that I know of.. it's only compulsory if you're so beautiful that you're attracting attention from non mahrams. Maybe someone can give you a more detailed answer

it wasn't my intention to offend anyone, i know this is a serious site, but come one, we should be allowed to have a little joke now and again.

in future,i'll be sure to use the proper emoticons to make sure there is no confusion about me being serious or not

so for those i offended, sorry

Edited by ShahHussain
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...