Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Reply To Pastor Terry Jones (quran Burning Event)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam A'laikum,

Here is a video I made in response to Pastor Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center on planned burning of the Holy Quran on September 11th 2010 and him eventually cancelling the burning on that day. Please share you thoughts and feedback. Thanks!!!

Reply to Pastor Terry Jones (A Muslim Response to the Quran Burning Event - Part 1)

Reply to Pastor Terry Jones (A Muslim Response to the Quran Burning Event - Part 2)

Edited by zzaveri
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

This is a nice video. Very well thought out and eloquent. Also, you are using a very friendly tone. Keep it up.

BTW: Your second video is a duplicate of the first.

Thanks Zareen! I have updated the second video with the correct one. BTW Nice Catch!

• Veteran Member

This guy does not deserve any "thank you" note... He might did it for some political or hate reasons...But, 3 people already killed and 100s injured because of his announcements. A Christians worshiper was stabbed to death in Indonesia and two Afghan protesters are killed after police shot them. This guy must be taken accountable for lives of the 3 people.. and other messes!

• Advanced Member

It could have been worse though and that decision stopped many other lives from being lost. Similar to the Treaty of Hudaibiya (making a pack with the non muslims) to avoid further bloodshed is not a bad thing. It is enouraged!

We need dialogue not killing! He made a wise decision and he must be acknowledged for that.

Edited by zzaveri
  • Advanced Member

I hope you realize those Thank you's were of sarcasm.

The intention of the video was to talk to him but knowing in all actuality he will probably never see the video. That Christian laymen would actually see the video and to show a forgiving, loving and an open to dialogue religion that Islam in reality enourages. Because quite often Christians say we follow a "Punishing God" not like in "Christianity" they say we follow a "Merciful God" and a "Forgiving God" but in all actuality this is exactly what we believe as well.

I just want folks to stop bickering and pick up a book "The Quran" and see for themselves.

Edited by zzaveri
  • Veteran Member

Nice video, but unfortunately I think it is wasted on such an individual as Terry Jones. If you want to see what he thinks of the idea of Christians reading the Qur'an, watch the following video from about 6:10 onwards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S41lvr7UUf8

Insha'Allah a more open minded Christian will see your video and take your advice. The problem is their first reaction will probably be to use google to find out more, and then there is a good chance they will come across all the anti-Islam sites out there that are filled with lies and distortions.

• Advanced Member

Well InshAllah I hope most Christian Ministries and Churches take my advice and try to seek dialogue and discussion between the major monotheistic faiths. Again Allah guides who he wills if he guides Terry Jones cool for him if not oh well. No compulsion in Religion.