Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How Are We Supposed To Do 5 Wudhus A Day?

Rate this topic

Salam

look at this Hadith

The Holy Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) once asked his companions "Tell me if there was a river at the door step of one of you in which you washed five times a day would any of your dirt remain?" When Holy Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) received the reply that none of it would remain he then said "That is like the five times Salah, with which Allah (SWT) wipes out sin.

Right ... So we pray zohr and asr together and same with maghrib and isha and there's 1 fajr .. So we only do 3 wudhu a day wheareas the prophet (saw) did it 5 timed a day :@

someone explain??

• Veteran Member

like was pointed out above, it is only permissable to combine the prayer, it is no way recomended. i think, in the west, it is a good thing to combine prayer in mosques as we don't have the chance to attend that easily. but for those who act like you are supposed to combine every time,and that is the 'shia way' well there is countless evidence that Rasulullah and his holy household (pbut) used to pray seperately most of the time. we should just acceopt that we combine every time through laziness (i know i do it most off the time) rather than act like it is sunna to do that, in this respect, our sunni brothers are more pious than us.

by the way does any know, in Qom and Najaf, do they combine prayer every time? is the adhan called out 5 times a day or 3?

also i think it is recomemded to perform wudhu every time you use the toilet and before you go to bed

Edited by ShahHussain

like was pointed out above, it is only permissable to combine the prayer, it is no way recomended. i think, in the west, it is a good thing to combine prayer in mosques as we don't have the chance to attend that easily. but for those who act like you are supposed to combine every time,and that is the 'shia way' well there is countless evidence that Rasulullah and his holy household (pbut) used to pray seperately most of the time. we should just acceopt that we combine every time through laziness (i know i do it most off the time) rather than act like it is sunna to do that, in this respect, our sunni brothers are more pious than us.

by the way does any know, in Qom and Najaf, do they combine prayer every time? is the adhan called out 5 times a day or 3?

also i think it is recomemded to perform wudhu every time you use the toilet and before you go to bed

But then theres also countless evidence that the Holy Prophet (saw) used to join his prayers without a reason and He said it was done as a mercy and convenience on the Muslims .... so how is it NOT recommended?

im asking is it ok to do wudhu 3 times a day ? or do you HAVE to do 5? ... someone plz tell me

• Veteran Member

But then theres also countless evidence that the Holy Prophet (saw) used to join his prayers without a reason and He said it was done as a mercy and convenience on the Muslims .... so how is it NOT recommended?

im asking is it ok to do wudhu 3 times a day ? or do you HAVE to do 5? ... someone plz tell me

Yes, there is evidence that the Prophet (pbuh) joined prayers, but that doesn't mean he always did it. Otherwise we would be looking for evidence that he seperated them.

So yes, you can do wudhu 3 times a day, or even1 if you somehow go through the day without breaking your first wudhu. However, if you seperate your prayers, then you would typically do wudhu 5 times. In fact, doing wudhu is a good act even when you aren't about to pray. For example, it is recommended to perform wudhu before going to sleep.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

i think, in the west, it is a good thing to combine prayer in mosques as we don't have the chance to attend that easily.

Brother, go to your local Sunnee masjid, and see the jamaa`ah for the 5 prayers...especially Fajr and `Ishaa as those are heavily recommended to them at the masjid in congregation in both the Shee`ah and Sunnee school of though.

Separating can be done successfully, but we have become so accustomed to combining it'll be an epic fail.

(salam)