Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Funny Abu Huraira

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Assalaam

How could a sane person take this abu huraira guy seriously? And Mr Bukhari had so much likings of this funny guy that almost half of his collection is from abu huraira.

Bukhari Volume 7, Book 64, Number 268:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

"The Prophet said, 'The best alms is that which is given when one is rich, and a giving hand is better than a taking one, and you should start first to support your dependents.' A wife says, 'You should either provide me with food or divorce me.' A slave says, 'Give me food and enjoy my service." A son says, "Give me food; to whom do you leave me?" The people said, "O Abu Huraira! Did you hear that from Allah's Apostle ?" He said, "No, it is from my own self."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 616:

Sunan Al Tirmidhi Book 43, Number 3274: (Al Albani declared it to be authentic)

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 5, Number 277:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, 'The (people of) Bani Israel used to take bath naked (all together) looking at each other. The Prophet Moses used to take a bath alone. They said, 'By Allah! Nothing prevents Moses from taking a bath with us except that he has a scrotal hernia.' So once Moses went out to take a bath and put his clothes over a stone and then that stone ran away with his clothes. Moses followed that stone saying, "My clothes, O stone! My clothes, O stone! till the people of Bani Israel saw him and said, 'By Allah, Moses has got no defect in his body. Moses took his clothes and began to beat the stone." Abu Huraira added, "By Allah! There are still six or seven marks present on the stone from that excessive beating."

Sahih Muslim Book 030, Number 5851:

Abu Huraira reported that the Angel of Death was sent to Moses pbuh to inform of his Lord's summons. When he came, he (Moses) boxed him and his eye was knocked out. He (the Angel of Death) came back to the Lord and said: You sent me to a servant. who did not want to die. Allah restored his eye to its proper place (and revived his eyesight), and then said: Go back to him and tell him that if he wants life he must place his hand on the back of an ox, and he would be granted as many years of life as the number of hair covered by his hand.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 169:

Narrated Abu Huraira: (The Prophet) Solomon son of (the Prophet) David said, "Tonight I will go round (i.e. have sexual relations with) one hundred women every one of whom will deliver a male child who will fight in Allah's Cause." On that an Angel said to him, "Say: 'If Allah will.' "But Solomon did not say it and forgot to say it. Then he had sexual relations with them but none of them delivered any child except one who delivered a half person. The Prophet said, "If Solomon had said: 'If Allah will,' Allah would have fulfilled his (above) desire and that saying would have made him more hopeful."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 575:

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Abraham did his circumcision with an adze at the age of eighty."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 611:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Were it not for Bani Israel, meat would not decay; and were it not for Eve, no woman would ever betray her husband."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 532:

Abu Haraira reported: ... And he would say: O my Lord, I do not wish to be the most miserable of Thy creatures. He would continue calling upon Allah till Allah, Blessed and Exalted, would laugh. When Allah would laugh at him, He would say: Enter the Paradise. When he would enter, Allah would say: State your wish. He would express his wishes till Allah would remind him (the desire of) such and such (things)...

Sahih Muslim Book 39, Number 6707:

Sahih Muslim, 4:2149 (English transl., IV:1462, Sharh Nawawi, 17:133).

Abu Haraira reported that Allah's Messenger pbuh took hold of my hands and said: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, created the clay on Saturday and He created the mountains on Sunday and He created the trees on Monday and He created the things entailing labor on Tuesday and created light on Wednesday and lie caused the animals to spread on Thursday and created Adam pbuh after 'Asr on Friday; the last creation at the last hour of the hours of Friday, i.e. between afternoon and night.

(contradiction to 7:54, 10:3, 11:7, 32:4, 50:38, 57:4)

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 8, Number 469

Narrates Ibn Sirin: Abu Huraira said,"Allah's Apostle led us in one of the two 'Isha' prayers (Abu Huraira named that prayer but I forgot it)." Abu Huraira added, "He prayed two Rakat and then finished the prayer with Tasllm. He stood up near a piece of wood Lying across the mosque and leaned on it in such a way as if he was angry. Then he put his right hand over the left and clasped his hands by interlacing his fingers and then put his J right cheek on the back of his left hand. The people who were in haste left the mosque through its gates. They wondered whether the prayer was reduced. And amongst them were Abu Bakr and 'Umar but they hesitated to ask the Prophet. A long-handed man called Dhul-Yadain asked the Prophet, 'O Allah's Apostle! Have you; forgotten or has the prayer been reduced?' The Prophet replied, 'I have neither forgotten nor has the prayer been reduced' The Prophet added, 'Is what Dhul Yadain has said true?' They (the people) said, 'Yes, it is true.' The Prophet stood up again and led the prayer, completing the remaining prayer, forgotten by him, and performed Talsrm, and then said, 'Allahu Akbar.' And then he did a prostration as he used to prostrate or longer than that. He then raised his head saying, 'Allahu Akbar; he then again said, 'Allahu Akbar', and prostrated as he used to prostrate or longer than that. Then he raised his head and said, 'Allahu Akbar.' " (The sub narrator added, "I think that they asked (Ibn Sirin) whether the Prophet completed the prayer with Taslim. He replied, "I heard that 'Imran bin Husain had said, 'Then he (the Prophet) did Taslim.")

Dhul-Yadain was martyred during the Battle of Badr, several years before Khaibar and Abu Hurayrah was still a Jew at this time. So, how did this happen? Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Hadith 458 Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: Abu Huraira came to the Prophet during the day of Khaibar.

These narrations not only unveil the corrupt abu hurraira but also show the IQ level of your (sunni) dude bukhari.

Wassalaam

Bukhari Volume 7, Book 64, Number 268:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

"The Prophet said, 'The best alms is that which is given when one is rich, and a giving hand is better than a taking one, and you should start first to support your dependents.' A wife says, 'You should either provide me with food or divorce me.' A slave says, 'Give me food and enjoy my service." A son says, "Give me food; to whom do you leave me?" The people said, "O Abu Huraira! Did you hear that from Allah's Apostle ?" He said, "No, it is from my own self."

What is wrong with this hadith? If he would be a liar, as you claim, he wouldn't confess that something that he said wasn't from prophet (pbuh) . This hadith is pure example of mudraj.

Mudraj

An addition by a reporter to the text of the saying being narrated is termed mudraj (interpolated).52 For example, al-Khatib relates via Abu Qattan and Shababah --- Shu'bah --- Muhammad b. Ziyad --- Abu Hurairah --- The Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), who said, "Perform the ablution fully; woe to the heels from the Fire!"

Al-Khatib then remarks, "The statement, 'Perform the ablution fully' is made by Abu Hurairah, while the statement afterwards, 'Woe to the heels from the Fire!', is that of the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace). The distinction between the two is understood from the narration of al- Bukhari, who transmits the same hadith and quotes Abu Hurairah as saying, "Complete the ablution, for Abu 'l-Qasim (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said: 'Woe to the heels from the Fire!'."53

Such an addition may be found in the beginning,in the middle, or at the end, often in explanation of a term used. Idraj (interpolation) is mostly found in the text, although a few examples show that such additions are found in the isnad as well, where the reporter grafts a part of one isnad into another.

A reporter found to be in the habit of intentional idraj is generally unacceptable and considered a liar.54 However, the traditionists are more lenient towards those reporters who may do so forgetfully or in order to explain a difficult word.

How could a sane person take this abu huraira guy seriously? And Mr Bukhari had so much likings of this funny guy that almost half of his collection is from abu huraira.

Well if mister Kulayni take Zurara & CO seriously, there is nothing wrong in companion.

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, 'The (people of) Bani Israel used to take bath naked (all together) looking at each other. The Prophet Moses used to take a bath alone. They said, 'By Allah! Nothing prevents Moses from taking a bath with us except that he has a scrotal hernia.' So once Moses went out to take a bath and put his clothes over a stone and then that stone ran away with his clothes. Moses followed that stone saying, "My clothes, O stone! My clothes, O stone! till the people of Bani Israel saw him and said, 'By Allah, Moses has got no defect in his body. Moses took his clothes and began to beat the stone." Abu Huraira added, "By Allah! There are still six or seven marks present on the stone from that excessive beating."

And?

Shia scholar Kulayni in his “Kafi” 8/89 narrated:

55 – محمد عن أحمد عن ابن محبوب عن جميل بن صالح عن أبان بن تغلب عن أبي عبد الله (ع) قال: سألته عن الأرض على أي شيء هي؟ قال: هي على حوت قلت: فالحوت على أي شيء هو؟ قال: على الماء قلت: فالماء على أي شيء هو؟ قال: على صخرة قلت: فعلى أي شيء الصخرة؟ قال: على قرن ثور أملس قلت: فعلى أي شيء الثور؟ قال: على الثرى قلت: فعلى أي شيء الثرى؟ فقال: هيهات عند ذلك ضل علم العلما

Muhammad reported from Ahmad, from ibn Mahbub, from Jamil ibn Salih, from Aban ibn Taghlib, from Abu ‘Abd Allah (upon whom be peace), who said, I asked him about the earth: Upon which does it stand forth? To which he replied: It stands forth upon a whale. I asked: Upon which does the whale stand forth? To which he replied: Upon water. I asked: Upon which does water stand forth? To which he replied: Upon a rock. I asked: Upon which does the rock stand forth? To which he replied: Upon a bull’s smooth horn. I asked: Upon which does the bull stand forth? To which he replied: Upon the ground. I asked: Upon which does the ground stand forth? To which he replied: What an idea? Therewith is lost the knowledge of the men of knowledge.

Other shia sheikh Al-Majlese in “Miratul uqul” said it’s saheeh.

(الحديث الخامس و الخمسون) [حديث الحوت على أي شي‏ء هو]

(2): صحيح.

Think about yourself and your books first, then open your mouth on the companion.

Edited by present4u
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

What is wrong with this hadith? If he would be a liar, as you claim, he wouldn't confess that something that he said wasn't from prophet (pbuh) . This hadith is pure example of mudraj.

I don't think you read the hadith correctly. Read it again...slowly

Narrated Abu Huraira:

"The Prophet said, 'The.......(please read the original narration) The people said, "O Abu Huraira! Did you hear that from Allah's Apostle ?" He said, "No, it is from my own self."

:) Either he is honestly contradicting himself or he is a comedian. Whatever he is, he is using Prophet (pbuh) name to spread misinformation.

(salam)

Narrated Abu Huraira:

:) Either he is honestly contradicting himself or he is a comedian. Whatever he is, he is using Prophet (pbuh) name to spread misinformation.

I read it perfectly.

Narrated Abu Huraira "The Prophet said, 'The best alms is that which is given when one is rich, and a giving hand is better than a taking one, and you should start first to support your dependents.' A wife says, 'You should either provide me with food or divorce me.' A slave says, 'Give me food and enjoy my service." A son says, "Give me food; to whom do you leave me?" The people said, "O Abu Huraira! Did you hear that from Allah's Apostle ?" He said, "No, it is from my own self."

Marked part is hadith, underlined is explanation of companion. And that's mudraj. People asked is underlined from prophet (pbuh) and he said no.

(salam)

Narrated Abu Huraira:

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to include this apparent hadith of Abu Huraira lying in any book then, as all it would do is cast doubt on the rest of his narrations. They can hide hadiths about Imam Ali's sucessorship but not this? It's also somewhat pointless to get technical over a translation too.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

My “Shia” understanding of Abu Hurairah is that he is one of the most revered figures in the Sunni sect. Now, if we stop thinking about his revered position for a minute and analyzed his “hadiths/narrations” critically, then we are going to be stunned, shocked and disturb by what he claimed the Prophet (pbuh) said.

Please refer to my post #2. It linked to a book that provide all the strange and bizarre hadiths. For example

- Allah CREATED ADAM LIKE HIS OWN IMAGE

- SEEING Allah IN THE DAY OF RESURRECTION IN DIFFERENT IMAGES

- HELL WON'T BE FULL UNTIL Allah PUTS HIS LEG IN IT

- SOLOMON BREAKS HIS FATHER DAVID'S VERDICT

- SOLOMON GOES TO BED WITH A HUNDRED WOMEN IN ONE NIGHT

- MOSES SLAPS THE ANGEL OF DEATH

- A ROCK RUNS AWAY WITH MOSES' CLOTHS

- PEOPLE RESORT TO THE PROPHETS HOPING THEIR INTERCESSION

- DOUBT OF PROPHETS, CRITICISING LOT, PREFERRING YOUSUF TO MUHAMMAD IN PATIENCE

- CRITICIZING MOSES FOR BURNING THE VILLAGE OF ANTS

- THE PROPHET FORGETS TWO SECTIONS OF THE PRAYER

- PROPHET MUHAMMAD HURT, WHIPPED, ABUSED AND CURSED INNOCENT PEOPLE

- SATAN COMES TO DISTURB THE PROPHET'S PRAYERS

- THE PROPHET MISSES THE FAJR (DAWN) PRAYER

- MAKING ABU BAKR EMIR OF HAJJ

- THE ANGELS TALK WITH OMAR

- THE HERITAGE OF THE PROPHET IS FOR CHARITY

- ABU TALIB REFUSES TO SAY SHAHADA

- A NATION WAS METAMORPHOSED INTO MICE

- THEY DENY HIS TRADITION, SO HE CHANGES HIS MIND

and many more.

Sorry for caps lock.

1- Allah CREATED ADAM LIKE HIS OWN IMAGE

2- SEEING Allah IN THE DAY OF RESURRECTION IN DIFFERENT IMAGES

3- HELL WON'T BE FULL UNTIL Allah PUTS HIS LEG IN IT

4- SOLOMON BREAKS HIS FATHER DAVID'S VERDICT

#1 present in shia books as well.

http://www.al-islam.org/fortyhadith/40.htm

#2 is mutawater hadith in our sources. So that nothing has to do with Abu Hurayra. No one except heretics refused possibility of seeing Allah in the hereafter.

#3. Allah in the Quran said that He created Adam with His hands. Do you have problems with that verse? You just making false tawil. What prevents you from do the same here?

#4 I have nothing to say about it, because in the link that you gave, I see nothing but a biased objections.

And etc, etc.

• Advanced Member

I read it perfectly.

Narrated Abu Huraira "The Prophet said, 'The best alms is that which is given when one is rich, and a giving hand is better than a taking one, and you should start first to support your dependents.' A wife says, 'You should either provide me with food or divorce me.' A slave says, 'Give me food and enjoy my service." A son says, "Give me food; to whom do you leave me?" The people said, "O Abu Huraira! Did you hear that from Allah's Apostle ?" He said, "No, it is from my own self."

Marked part is hadith, underlined is explanation of companion. And that's mudraj. People asked is underlined from prophet (pbuh) and he said no.

Assalaam

You didnt find anything wrong in that hadith :unsure: Thats really wierd. Just tell me if people hadn't asked him "O Abu Huraira! Did you hear that from Allah's Apostle ?" Then are you sure he would have said himself that he was just mocking (naozbilla) with the hadith and added this part himself. Atleast I am not sure. Wjen he was caught then he had nowhere to run so he accepted.

Wassalaam

Where? That's your shia understanding.

Assalaam

What about this one

Abu Haraira reported that Allah's Messenger pbuh took hold of my hands and said: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, created the clay on Saturday and He created the mountains on Sunday and He created the trees on Monday and He created the things entailing labor on Tuesday and created light on Wednesday and lie caused the animals to spread on Thursday and created Adam pbuh after 'Asr on Friday; the last creation at the last hour of the hours of Friday, i.e. between afternoon and night.

Is it not simple contradiction to Quran????

Wassalaam

Assalaam

You didnt find anything wrong in that hadith :unsure: Thats really wierd. Just tell me if people hadn't asked him "O Abu Huraira! Did you hear that from Allah's Apostle ?" Then are you sure he would have said himself that he was just mocking (naozbilla) with the hadith and added this part himself. Atleast I am not sure. Wjen he was caught then he had nowhere to run so he accepted.

Wassalaam

Assalaam

What about this one

Is it not simple contradiction to Quran????

Wassalaam

If you have no clue about ilmul-mustalah, and no understanding of mudraj, that's not our fault. I am saying: djays said: Abu Hurayra liar. He has no shame. Someone who listen to me could imagine that these are all your words, but in reality your words "Abu Huraya liar", and "He has no shame" is my comment about you. U see? Hardly.

Second hadith could contain mistake from narrator, or even let us suppose from companion himself. That's doesn't mean he was liar.

As for so called "weird" ahadeth, that you quoted, that is not something new. I mean heretics always raised claims against ahadeth that they can't understand. Believe me there are some verses of Quran, that we also can't understand or imagine, but we are believing to them. On other hand very same kind of weird ahadeth could be quoted from shia books from shia imams with saheeh isnaad.

• Veteran Member

Some of the hadith from Abu Huraira look like they have been taken from the Old Testament: Allah created man in his own image, the creation of the world in 6 literal days...

What good is it to talk about scientific miracles of the Qur'an, when such nonsense is in the hadith collections?

And that story of the rock running away with the clothes of Nabi Musa (as) is just hilarious.

Edited by Haider Husayn

^ Are you saying that hadith collected by human beings after centuries of Prophet (pbuh) and Quran the indisputable word of God have the same status?

I am saying that if we have no problem in accepting verses with sifaats of Allah, same should be with ahadeth. I can't understand when someone wails: Look they are talking about foot of Allah. When Allah himself talked about Eyes, Hands and etc.

Some of the hadith from Abu Huraira look like they have been taken from the Old Testament: Allah created man in his own image, the creation of the world in 6 literal days...

Same with ahadeth from Imams. Earth on whale, and other one too.

And that story of the rock running away with the clothes of Nabi Musa is just hilarious.

Birth of Imams from legs are not hilarious, but this one is?

• Advanced Member

If you have no clue about ilmul-mustalah, and no understanding of mudraj, that's not our fault. I am saying: djays said: Abu Hurayra liar. He has no shame. Someone who listen to me could imagine that these are all your words, but in reality your words "Abu Huraya liar", and "He has no shame" is my comment about you. U see? Hardly.

Second hadith could contain mistake from narrator, or even let us suppose from companion himself. That's doesn't mean he was liar.

As for so called "weird" ahadeth, that you quoted, that is not something new. I mean heretics always raised claims against ahadeth that they can't understand. Believe me there are some verses of Quran, that we also can't understand or imagine, but we are believing to them. On other hand very same kind of weird ahadeth could be quoted from shia books from shia imams with saheeh isnaad.

Assalaam

I just know only one thing, if you prefer people like abu huraira (who just stayed with Prophet saww for slightly over two years) over the ones who dedicated their whole life for Islam and Prophet saww then definitely such things would come. Ask your dude bukhari why his collection mainly depends on abu huraira and hz aisha. The ahdiths from ahle bait can be counted on your fingers :unsure: :unsure:

Go read the history of your own books. Abu huraiara when entered madina, he wasnt even wearing complete clothing. He was starved for over a week. Whereas at the time of mawiya, abu huraira was one of the richest man. How, off course he made ahdiths that suited bani umayya and earned hell lot of maney from them.

Now tell me one thing more. This following hadith is pure contradiction to Quran (as you also accepted) then why your dude bukhari added this one in his collection??? Must answer this question.

Wassalaam

• Advanced Member

Assalaam

I just know only one thing, if you prefer people like abu huraira (who just stayed with Prophet saww for slightly over two years) over the ones who dedicated their whole life for Islam and Prophet saww then definitely such things would come. Ask your dude bukhari why his collection mainly depends on abu huraira and hz aisha. The ahdiths from ahle bait can be counted on your fingers :unsure: :unsure:

Go read the history of your own books. Abu huraiara when entered madina, he wasnt even wearing complete clothing. He was starved for over a week. Whereas at the time of mawiya, abu huraira was one of the richest man. How, off course he made ahdiths that suited bani umayya and earned hell lot of maney from them.

Now tell me one thing more. This following hadith is pure contradiction to Quran (as you also accepted) then why your dude bukhari added this one in his collection??? Must answer this question.

Wassalaam

sorry for my ignorance...but please post a quranic verse that contradict this hadith. THanks

I read it perfectly.

Note that the people asked Abu Hurayrah (la) about "it", a single entity, and NOT about "that part". They were referring to the whole hadith, as a single entity!

• Advanced Member

still w8ing for the reply...plz post Quranic verse which contradicts the ahadit narrated by abu hurayra about creation of this world???

who needs to make an effort to contradict the hadith where the narrator is admitting himself that it is concocted.

Dude you seriously need to get perspective here

• Advanced Member

still w8ing for the reply...plz post Quranic verse which contradicts the ahadit narrated by abu hurayra about creation of this world???

It goes against logic. The 6 days most probably means phases or periods, not literally as days of the week. So to say that the animals were spread out on a Wednesday and tree on a sunday goes against logic and science. Science is evidence which cannot be ignored.The universe is what, like 15 billion years old, and the earth is 4.5 billion years old, you know that?

Edited by JimJam

The hadith claims that there were days before the creation of the sun?! Does that sound true to you?

Sahih Muslim Book 39, Number 6707:

Sahih Muslim, 4:2149 (English transl., IV:1462, Sharh Nawawi, 17:133).

(contradiction to 7:54, 10:3, 11:7, 32:4, 50:38, 57:4)

Siunce there were no light before Wednesday, how were the days determined??!!

Abu Hurayrah is no doubt a poor liar!

Edited by Saved
  • Advanced Member

lol @ all replys

I asked for the quranic verse which completely contradicts this ahadit..n i get silly replies like its against logic blah blah...I have no intentions to make any sort of claims here about abu hurayra...I was just confirming that is it really contradiction to Quran and ur replies proved it is not!!!! still waiting for a quranic verse if there is any....

• Advanced Member

lol @ all replys

I asked for the quranic verse which completely contradicts this ahadit..n i get silly replies like its against logic blah blah...I have no intentions to make any sort of claims here about abu hurayra...I was just confirming that is it really contradiction to Quran and ur replies proved it is not!!!! still waiting for a quranic verse if there is any....

Well since your faith lacks logic there is no arguing with you. The 6 days in the Quran means phases or periods. Faith separated from reason is self destruction. We are are to contemplate, not to blindly believe.

Edited by JimJam
  • 1 year later...

Do not condemn what you do not understand

Narrated Abu Huraira Bukhari 1.121

I have memorized two kinds of knowledge from Allah's Apostle.

I have propagated one of them to you

and

if I propagated the second,

then my pharynx (throat) would be cut.

Don't be like those who condemn and make fun of the respected books of others. Analyze them and bring out their flaws based upon knowledge if you can.

Edited by al-amiyr
  • 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Do not condemn what you do not understand

Narrated

Abu Huraira Bukhari 1.121

I have memorized two kinds of knowledge from Allah's Apostle.

I have propagated one of them to you

and

if I propagated the second,

then my pharynx (throat) would be cut.

Don't be like those who condemn and make fun of the respected books of others. Analyze them and bring out their flaws based upon knowledge if you can.

O so Abu Hurayra had ilm ghayb?

He had secret knowledge that was not disclosed to others? Isnt this what you object to about certain companions such as Salman Farsi? Hadhrat Fatima (as)? Imam Ali (as)?

• Advanced Member

As well as the above. Some more hadith narrated by Abu Hurayrah about Abu Hurayrah (the same one).

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 113:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

There is none among the companions of the Prophet who has narrated more Hadiths than I except

'Abdallah bin Amr (bin Al-'As) who used to write them and I never did the same.

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 119:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I said to Allah's Apostle "I hear many narrations (Hadiths) from you but I forget them." Allah's

Apostle said, "Spread your Rida' (garment)." I did accordingly and then he moved his hands as if

filling them with something (and emptied them in my Rida') and then said, "Take and wrap this sheet

over your body." I did it and after that I never forgot any thing.

• Veteran Member

That website you gave: http://www.al-islam.org/fortyhadith/40.htm DOES NOT SAY SHIAS ALSO BELIEVE ADAM WAS CREATED IN ALLAHS IMAGE.....YOU DIDNT EVEN READ IT!

********It says that Adam was created by Allahs choice of how he should be not literally how Allah looks because Allah cannot have a look its illogical Allah is beyond all things! Allah created adam by "his" (Logic, Dignity, Nafs, Knowing right from wrong, ect. human characteristics!) image

Husayn ibn Khalid says: "I said to Hadrat Rida Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã, 'O Son of the Messenger of God, the people narrate that the Messenger of God, may God bless him and his Household, said, "God created Adam in His own image." ' The Imam said, 'God damn them! They have omitted the first part of the tradition. The Messenger of God (S) passed by two men who were abusing each other. The Prophet heard one of them say to his companion, "May God disfigure your face and of everyone who looks like you!" Thereat the Messenger of God, may God bless him and his Household, said, "O servant of God! Don't say that to your brother, for God, Almighty and Glorious, created Adam in his (His) image."' [2]